More kudus to Julian Dean

drmofe

Jul 15, 2010, 4:51:34 PM7/15/10
...for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
...for getting in his face...

Capital job!

i,fred

Jul 15, 2010, 4:55:04 PM7/15/10

drmofe <ste...@wic.co.nz> wrote:
>....for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
>....for getting in his face...
>
>Capital job!

That was pretty cool. He's been around and doesn't
need to take heat from anyone.

i,fred

Henry

Jul 15, 2010, 5:47:56 PM7/15/10
On Jul 16, 8:55 am, "i,fred" <if...@th.org> wrote:

I'm disappointed local (NZ) media turning it into another Aussie v
kiwi thing.

Henry

Jul 15, 2010, 5:56:08 PM7/15/10

isn't a kudu a kind of antelope? or did I just get wooshed ?

MyPostingID

Jul 15, 2010, 6:42:18 PM7/15/10

Yes, there's a greater kudu and a lesser kudu.

Betty

Jul 16, 2010, 5:21:46 AM7/16/10

MyPostingID wrote:
> Yes, there's a greater kudu and a lesser kudu.

And a gnu too.

Uncle Dave

Jul 16, 2010, 6:00:02 AM7/16/10

Well, call me old fashioned, but if you're a lead out man then you're
supposed to get your sprinter to the head of affairs rather than
simply annoy the opposition. At the time of the "head butting"
incident, Farrar isn't actually on Dean's wheel, but is behind
Cavendish and dithering as to which wheel to follow. One thing's for
certain it isn't Dean's. Looking at it again, Garmin's moves do seem
odd, particularly from above. Firstly, Dean has evidently forgotten
about his man and appears to be going for glory himself. Doh! When
Cavendish goes, Farrar initially moves across to the left to follow
him but, failing to get on then moves markedly to the right which
brings him behind Renshaw. Renshaw then takes him back to the barrier
but I can see that my first thought that was a worse move than the
head-butting incident was wrong. It was just stupidity on Farrar's
part. Why would you deliberately move from chasing the favourite back
into the path of his lead-out man? You might not think you're going
to beat him but surely if you concentrate on chasing him and have a
clear path to the line you should take it? If Garmin continue to ride
like that it won't matter if they get the whole of HTC disqualified
somebody is going to beat them every time...

UD

thirty-six

Jul 16, 2010, 6:23:59 AM7/16/10
On 16 July, 11:00, Uncle Dave <davidco...@t-online.de> wrote:
> On Jul 15, 9:51 pm, drmofe <stew...@wic.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > ...for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
> > ...for getting in his face...
>
> > Capital job!
>
> Well, call me old fashioned, but if you're a lead out man then you're
> supposed to get your sprinter to the head of affairs rather than
> simply annoy the opposition.  At the time of the "head butting"
> incident, Farrar isn't actually on Dean's wheel, but is behind
> Cavendish and dithering as to which wheel to follow.

If you know there going to be some gameplay, you want a bit of space
in case they come down..

Dumbass

Jul 16, 2010, 8:10:26 AM7/16/10
> > UD- Hide quoted text -

If Butt-Head wanted room on his right, then he should have pedaled
faster and no let Dean speed past him on a good line.

--D-y

Jul 16, 2010, 8:12:16 AM7/16/10
On Jul 15, 3:55 pm, "i,fred" <if...@th.org> wrote:

Um, Dean moved over on Renshaw in order to squeeze Renshaw and then
Cavendish.
First offense was Dean's. One head-butt might have done the job, and
deservedly so.
--D-y

Dumbass

Jul 16, 2010, 8:35:05 AM7/16/10

You are completely full of crap, as anyone can see from the video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/15/mark-renshaw-head-butt-vi_n_648297.html

Farrar was on Dean's wheel and Cav was trying to get on Dean's wheel.
Everyone had good reason to want to be on Dean's wheel because Butt-
Head clearly had no legs left. Butt-Head needed to come off left but
he was fading so fast that *his* lead rider was still on his left, so
he trying to cheat his way right.

Cav was violating Farrar's line trying to get on Dean's wheel since
Butt-Head was in his way. Cav read the situation better than Farrar,
Farrar should have resisted Cav's move to the right.

Uncle Dave

Jul 16, 2010, 9:38:17 AM7/16/10

Are you blind or simply won't see? Ignoring Petacchi's man coming up
on the right, from the moment that video first shows the overhead
view, Farrar is nowhere near Dean's wheel. Dean and Renshaw are
tussling, Cavendish is on Renshaw's wheel and Farrar is behind
Cavendish. The closest Farrar comes to Dean is when he has to avoid
him as Dean starts to slide back. I don't know what you're talking
about, but I'm talking about what happens in that video not somewhere
back along the road.

UD

Dumbass

Jul 16, 2010, 1:35:27 PM7/16/10
> UD- Hide quoted text -

Just look at Butt-Head swerving around first to the right into Dean
and Farrar's line and then to the left to get into Farrar's new line.

thirty-six

Jul 16, 2010, 3:03:40 PM7/16/10

You're right, but it's a bit much to be disqualified for a clash (even
though legal) which was instigated by another.

Frederick the Great

Jul 16, 2010, 4:19:14 PM7/16/10
In article
<58443455-e019-455e...@w31g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
Dumbass <tada...@yahoo.com> wrote:

You left out the part where Dean is drifting left into Renshaw, 1.10 et seq.
Perhaps Dean was obeying the left pointing arrow painted on the road.

> Cav was violating Farrar's line trying to get on Dean's wheel

Hunh? Farrar was sucking exhaust.
He needed a Gruber to get past Cavendish.

> since
> Butt-Head was in his way. Cav read the situation better than Farrar,
> Farrar should have resisted Cav's move to the right.

???

Cavendish moved _left_ for his sprint.

--
Old Fritz

Uncle Dave

Jul 16, 2010, 4:56:40 PM7/16/10

I wasn't disputing that Renshaw was out of order. You wrote "Farrar

was on Dean's wheel and Cav was trying to get on Dean's wheel."

Farrar wasn't on Dean's wheel at all in the video, maybe right at the
beginning but not in any of the footage from above. My point was that
Dean had screwed up anyway by losing Farrar and there was no reason
for Renshaw to do what he did as Farrar was adrift. Maybe he should
fit wing mirrors...

UD