Floyd in "daily contact" with feds - Article

Francesco del Ponte

Jun 4, 2010, 7:52:18 PM6/4/10

According to the Daily News Floyd is in daily contact with the federal investigators,
sometimes several times in a day according to their source.

It appears that Novitzky who works for the FDA is working in cooperation with
USADA. They report that he has opened a file on Lance Armstrong.

Further they indicate that:
"Whatever credibility Landis brings to the case is ultimately unimportant if
federal agents begin collecting sworn witness statements and other evidence
that corroborates the claims he made."

They also spoke with Frankie Andreu who was sympathetic to Floyd's plight but
seemed to get a bit boilerplate.

Read more (2 pages): http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2010/05/26/2010-05-26_wheels_turning_on_lance.html#ixzz0pvnRq3Lp

FDP

Brad Anders

Jun 4, 2010, 11:24:46 PM6/4/10
> Read more (2 pages):http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2010/05/26/2010-05-26_w...
>
> FDP

I didn't notice any mention in the article about St. Landis paying
back all of the contributors to the "Floyd Defense Fund", refunds to
those who bought his book "Positively False", nor his redistribution
of prize winnings from all the races he did while admittedly doped. I
guess that must be coming in the next edition of the Daily News.

Brad Anders

K. Fred Gauss

Jun 4, 2010, 11:32:46 PM6/4/10

Floyd's a scumbag, but that doesn't get Lance off the hook.

Brad Anders

Jun 4, 2010, 11:30:29 PM6/4/10
On Jun 4, 8:32 pm, "K. Fred Gauss"

Why focus just on Lance? Do you think he was doing anything different
than anyone else who he was competing with at the time of his TdF
wins? IMO, it was a level playing field, elevated about 10%.

Brad Anders

Francesco del Ponte

Jun 5, 2010, 12:32:07 AM6/5/10

Brad Anders <pban...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Jun 4, 8:32=A0pm, "K. Fred Gauss"

><Some...@Somewhere.You.Dont.Wanna.Be> wrote:
>> Brad Anders wrote:
>> > On Jun 4, 4:52 pm, "Francesco del Ponte" <no...@youkn0w.spam>

>> Floyd's a scumbag, but that doesn't get Lance off the hook.

>Why focus just on Lance? Do you think he was doing anything different
>than anyone else who he was competing with at the time of his TdF
>wins? IMO, it was a level playing field, elevated about 10%.
>
>Brad Anders

Bro, this has been covered. They're not going
after riders for doping. They're looking into
the fraud angle as it relates to Tailwind's
ownership of the team, taking USPS money and
ostensibly using it to fund a doping program.

Lance is the lynchpin as he was part owner
of Tailwind and according to some former
teammates, the catalyst for the doping
program. Allegedly.

FdP

B. Lafferty

Jun 5, 2010, 9:09:51 AM6/5/10
Exactly. Thanks for the link.

Steve Freides

Jun 5, 2010, 9:44:43 AM6/5/10
Francesco del Ponte wrote:
> According to the Daily News Floyd

What is the Daily News Floyd? I thought it was the Daily News Fred.

-S-

K. Fred Gauss

Jun 5, 2010, 11:36:42 AM6/5/10
Brad Anders wrote:

> Why focus just on Lance? Do you think he was doing anything different
> than anyone else who he was competing with at the time of his TdF
> wins?

Yes. He was winning.

Fred

Jun 5, 2010, 11:31:16 AM6/5/10
Floyd's only meeting with the Feds every day 'cause he knows they'll
provide him snacks and a lunch that's better than he'd get at the
shelter where he's living these days.

Betty Munro

Jun 5, 2010, 1:15:20 PM6/5/10
Francesco del Ponte wrote:
> According to the Daily News Floyd is in daily contact with the federal investigators,
> sometimes several times in a day according to their source.

Perhaps he's got something on Tony Hayward.