Nash Equilibrium, Omerta & Doping

DA74

Jul 8, 2010, 12:59:01 AM7/8/10
My bro Michael Shermer drops gets down to brass tacks for you. Click
away from fleshbot.com and click this to learn something for a change:

http://trueslant.com/michaelshermer/2010/07/07/nash-equilibrium-the-omerta-rule-and-doping-in-cycling/

You're Welcome,
DA74

Fred Gringioni

Jul 8, 2010, 3:13:41 AM7/8/10

"DA74" <davida...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: My bro Michael Shermer drops gets down to brass tacks for you. Click

Dumbass -

It's a good article until the end. At the end he proposes his solution to
the "problem" of doping.

Imagining that doping can be eradicated is a total fallacy. The larger
society in which sport resides dopes to quite an extreme degree so it is
only natural that doping occurs in sport. Doping will never go away. All
they can do is try to contain it.

Just like with all the other drugs. The use is contained, but it will never
be eradicated.

thanks,

Sociology. presented by Gringioni.

Anton Berlin

Jul 8, 2010, 8:47:47 AM7/8/10
And just how did our pal MS stay awake in those early RAAMs???

He pissed on a roadside tree and something in his urine made the bark
smoke and smolder.

--D-y

Jul 8, 2010, 8:48:40 AM7/8/10
On Jul 7, 11:59 pm, DA74 <davidasto...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My bro Michael Shermer drops gets down to brass tacks for you. Click
> away from fleshbot.com and click this to learn something for a change:
>
> http://trueslant.com/michaelshermer/2010/07/07/nash-equilibrium-the-o...

Nothing new there. Scorched earth, eternal test test testing. He did
leave out quarantining of athletes, and only hinted at lifetime ban on
hint of first offense (ooooo, scary! scary!)

NASCAR model, please.
--D-y

B. Lafferty

Jul 8, 2010, 9:05:22 AM7/8/10

Thanks for the link.

Frederick the Great

Jul 8, 2010, 4:35:06 PM7/8/10
In article
<418f15de-8cbe-44f4...@w12g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
--D-y <dusto...@mac.com> wrote:

First across the line wins.
No take-backs.

--
Old Fritz

Fred Gringioni

Jul 8, 2010, 6:00:05 PM7/8/10

:
: He pissed on a roadside tree and something in his urine made the bark
: smoke and smolder.

Dumbass -

Meth.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

--D-y

Jul 8, 2010, 7:02:52 PM7/8/10
On Jul 8, 5:00 pm, "Fred Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "Anton Berlin" <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Like Lemond, there are no Shermer Samples awaiting re test test
testing.
Alas.
--D-y

Message has been deleted

Brad Anders

Jul 9, 2010, 5:28:18 PM7/9/10
On Jul 8, 12:13 am, "Fred Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "DA74" <davidasto...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> : My bro Michael Shermer drops gets down to brass tacks for you. Click
> : away from fleshbot.com and click this to learn something for a change:
> :
> :http://trueslant.com/michaelshermer/2010/07/07/nash-equilibrium-the-o...

> Dumbass -
>
> It's a good article until the end. At the end he proposes his solution to
> the "problem" of doping.
>
> Imagining that doping can be eradicated is a total fallacy. The larger
> society in which sport resides dopes to quite an extreme degree so it is
> only natural that doping occurs in sport. Doping will never go away. All
> they can do is try to contain it.
>
> Just like with all the other drugs. The use is contained, but it will never
> be eradicated.
>
> thanks,
>
> Sociology. presented by Gringioni.

This is a correct analysis.

Brad Anders

Brad Anders

Jul 9, 2010, 5:32:16 PM7/9/10

Nothing new because there is nothing new on this topic. IMO, the ever-
escalating attempts to make cycling "clean" are destroying it more
effectively than dope could ever do.

Brad Anders

DA74

Jul 9, 2010, 8:45:30 PM7/9/10
> Brad Anders- Hide quoted text -

This is a correct analysis of a correct analysis.
DA74

Fred Gringioni

Jul 9, 2010, 9:25:22 PM7/9/10

"Brad Anders" <pban...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

They need to treat it just like a penalty in hockey or a foul in basketball.

In hockey, you sit in the penalty box, then when your time is up, you get
back on the ice. There's no morality/good/evil associated with it. It's just
a rules violation and that's all.

Cycling's problem is trying to get all moral about it.