Rationale behing "Luxembourg" team - ousting Riis ?

Keith

Sep 18, 2010, 4:16:48 PM9/18/10
You have to wonder after reading this :
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-on-cancellara-i-got-the-best-out-of-him?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=news_headlines

Looks like they're trying to get away from him...the question is why ?
- admitted doper
- too bossy
- not paying them enough
- bald
- etc...

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 18, 2010, 5:25:23 PM9/18/10

"Keith" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message
: You have to wonder after reading this :

Dumbass -

It's not the bald thing or the doping thing. Everyone knew about that stuff
before he ever became a DS. It's gotta be something personal. Somehow, he's
alienated everyone. I'll guess ego and narcisissm - they're the most common
afflictors in situations like this.

It's really surprising, given how much success the teams have had.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

RicodJour

Sep 18, 2010, 6:29:00 PM9/18/10
On Sep 18, 4:16 pm, Keith <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:
> You have to wonder after reading this :http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-on-cancellara-i-got-the-best-out...

> Looks like they're trying to get away from him...the question is why ?
> - admitted doper
> - too bossy
> - not paying them enough
> - bald
> - etc...

I'm not so interested in the reason for the parting of ways - there
are always a myriad of factors, personality not being the least - so
much as Riis' he-didn't-hurt-me-at-ALL,-bro! comments. What exactly
is he saying with that comment about getting a sponsor? If you have
Cancellara and the Schleck brothers on the team it's not exactly going
to be a stretch to get people interested. And the "I got the best out
of him" is a barely concealed "I gave her the best years of my life."
It's pitiful. I'm wondering which RBR empathic giant will step up and
counsel him through his grief...

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 18, 2010, 8:46:49 PM9/18/10
Keith wrote:

Riis is right - Cancellera is beyond his prime. His best days are behind him. The Schleck brothers are pencil
dicks doped to the gills. This new Luxembourg team looks like it has Rashaan Bahati in charge of the sponsorship
talks.

Going with a tried and tested doper like Contador whose corrupt Spanish federation makes sure their kingpin doesn't
get popped is an added bonus.

Magilla

H. Fred Kveck

Sep 18, 2010, 9:34:44 PM9/18/10
In article <i73anv$o23$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "Keith" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message
> : You have to wonder after reading this :
> :
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/riis-on-cancellara-i-got-the-best-out-of-him?c
> id=OTC-RSS&amp;attr=news_headlines
> :
> : Looks like they're trying to get away from him...the question is why ?
> : - admitted doper
> : - too bossy
> : - not paying them enough
> : - bald
> : - etc...

> It's not the bald thing or the doping thing. Everyone knew about that stuff

> before he ever became a DS. It's gotta be something personal. Somehow, he's
> alienated everyone. I'll guess ego and narcisissm - they're the most common
> afflictors in situations like this.
>
> It's really surprising, given how much success the teams have had.

It could be the reasons you suggested, or something simpler. The Schlecks had a
team built around them being dangled in front of them, with the bonus that it's from
their own country. It sounds like a "grass is greener" thing to me. And with their
exit and the shakiness of Riis' sponsorship situation, the other riders decide that
it might be time to go along with the Schlecks or go elsewhere.

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 19, 2010, 4:26:27 AM9/19/10

"H. Fred Kveck" <YOURh...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote in message
: In article <i73anv$o23$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Dumbass -

But isn't the sponsorship situation shored up now?

Cancellara is leaving after that happened.

Amit Ghosh

Sep 19, 2010, 2:44:53 PM9/19/10
On Sep 18, 8:46 pm, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org> wrote:

> Going with a tried and tested doper like Contador whose corrupt Spanish federation makes sure their kingpin doesn't
> get popped is an added bonus.

dumbass,

it is like brad pitt breaking up with jennifer aniston to go out with
angelia jolie.

riis supposedly worked hard to create a cohesive team, but then
ditches them and starts dating angelia jolie and the team feels more
loyalty to each other than their own boss.

H. Fred Kveck

Sep 19, 2010, 8:46:09 PM9/19/10
In article <i74hff$l7v$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "H. Fred Kveck" <YOURh...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote in message

> : And with their exit and the shakiness of Riis' sponsorship situation, the

> : other riders decide that it might be time to go along with the Schlecks
> : or go elsewhere.
>

> But isn't the sponsorship situation shored up now?
>
> Cancellara is leaving after that happened.

Yeah, however I don't think it's as strong as it had been. Plus I think that
Contador's arrival might signal a change in focus - Riis has always done pretty well
in not narrowing the focus of the team to just GTs but the riders might not think
that'll be the case now.

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 20, 2010, 1:04:11 AM9/20/10

: In article <i74hff$l7v$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,

Dumbass -

OK, but if there wasn't a personality conflict, why didn't the Schlecks just
bring Riis along to their new team?

They took his lieutenants instead.

Amit Ghosh

Sep 20, 2010, 11:23:26 AM9/20/10
On Sep 20, 1:04 am, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>

> OK, but if there wasn't a personality conflict, why didn't the Schlecks just
> bring Riis along to their new team?
>
> They took his lieutenants instead.

dumbass,

because riis now has contador.

Kurgan Gringioni

Sep 20, 2010, 2:29:45 PM9/20/10

"Amit Ghosh" <amit....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

IIRC, the Schleck team was created before Riis got his sponsorship,
therefore Riis had to come up with an alternate GT contendor.

I'm not sure though, I may very well be wrong about this.

Magilla Gorilla

Sep 21, 2010, 11:23:50 AM9/21/10
Amit Ghosh wrote:

This split had more to do with money than anything else. Canceled Check and the Pencil Dick brothers were promised much
more money on Team Luxembourg than Mr. 60%'er was going to pay them. All this other shit that people talk about with
Riis' leadership and strategy and all those fucking retarded military camps Riis has in the off-season is a bunch of
nonsense and doesn't mean anything.

What's going to be funny is this team's fiscal source has yet to be identified and has all the earmarks of a Pro Tour
version of Team Noble House. Come December, you're gonna start hearing of money problems with this team, and by April,
the Schleck Borthers and Spit-a-siss will be begging Lance to let them ride for RadioShat for the same salary as Mini
Me.

Magilla

RicodJour

Sep 21, 2010, 12:48:56 PM9/21/10
On Sep 21, 11:23 am, Magilla Gorilla <m.gori...@sandiegozoo.org>
wrote:

Contador.
The mathematical response to your frontier gibberish post is:
Contador = $
Your opinion = diddly squat.

Do try harder.

Message has been deleted