Contador - How To Obtain Patron Status

Superfly TNT

Jul 21, 2010, 11:38:15 PM7/21/10
In the upcoming time trial, Alberto Contador can make the most
memorable moment in the Tour happen if he gets all Spartacus and does
something really cool. He's the last rider to go. The UCI official
counts down: Trois, Deux, Un. And then nothing happens. Contador
unclips from his pedals, and stands there looking straight forward,
motionless. Forty one seconds tick off and then he launches and wins
the time trial by a minute. The most memorable moment of the 2010
Tour happens!

Davey Crockett

Jul 22, 2010, 12:26:30 AM7/22/10
Superfly TNT a écrit profondement:

Just like Perico in the prologue, no?

--
Je me Souviens
When Britain's parks weren't full of Gypsies, Hookers,

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 22, 2010, 3:12:38 AM7/22/10

"Superfly TNT" <superf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
: In the upcoming time trial, Alberto Contador can make the most

Dumbass -

This idea has already been advanced in another thread.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

S Perryman

Jul 22, 2010, 4:37:26 AM7/22/10
Superfly TNT wrote:

A more Hinault-esque gesture IMHO would be to ride the TT like a beast and
put hours into Schleck. Then stop at the line, wait 41 seconds, and
then push the front wheel across.

There is your 41 seconds. What good is it to you ??

Regards,
Steven Perryman

Anton Berlin

Jul 22, 2010, 8:36:40 AM7/22/10
You monkeys seem to forget that AS was attacking and ifs and buts were
candied nuts it would be Christmas every day.

Fred Flintstein

Jul 22, 2010, 9:06:49 AM7/22/10

I'd like to see him catch Schleck and drop a couple of SRAM
jockey wheels in the road in front of him.

Fred Flintstein

RicodJour

Jul 22, 2010, 9:20:59 AM7/22/10
On Jul 22, 8:36 am, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You monkeys seem to forget that AS was attacking and ifs and buts were
> candied nuts it would be Christmas every day.

I don't understand this refrain. If the yellow jersey attacks and
crashes, does that mean the other riders don't wait for him?

Either you respect the jersey and give the wearer a sporting chance,
or not.

Anton Berlin

Jul 22, 2010, 10:25:13 AM7/22/10

Agreed 100% - you respect the tradition, the jersey and yourself.
These fugging monkeys keep theorizing that it's only 41 seconds. What
about the 30 - 60 seconds Schleck looked to be gaining when his chain
flipped off?

If Contrador was really a friend - really a sportsman - he stops and
helps Andy get his chain back on - then the world worships him as a
living god and Andy lets him win the Tour because Contrador is just
such a god damn good guy.

Now in the same respect he if Andy is riding with these stupid
oversized jockey wheels again - and they screw up - he deserves to
lose.

Amit Ghosh

Jul 22, 2010, 12:35:37 PM7/22/10

dumbass,

stop this nonsense, this isn't the gay games. do not ever use the word
spartacus here.

contador is the patron in the peloton, but all the home gamers think
he looks too much like a mexican busboy.

if anything contador has been too nice and has thrown schleck more
than a bone. according to the rules a rider isn't even allowed to make
a deal with another team or let a rider from another team win like
contador did today - though it is somewhat accepted in cycling. if he
did what you suggest that would be manipulation akin to point shaving
in basketball.

thirty-six

Jul 22, 2010, 12:41:58 PM7/22/10

He'll be riding on a single ring with a nouvo record changer?

Amit Ghosh

Jul 22, 2010, 12:42:47 PM7/22/10
On Jul 22, 4:37 am, S Perryman <a...@a.net> wrote:

> A more Hinault-esque gesture IMHO would be to ride the TT like a beast and
> put hours into Schleck. Then stop at the line, wait 41 seconds, and
> then push the front wheel across.

dumbass,

that would not be a hinault-esque gesture. even letting scleck win
today was not a hinault-esque gesture.

in football or basketball if the ref misses a call and the team scores
do they let their opponent score an uncontested goal or score on their
own goal "to even things up" ?

no it would be considered fraud and would be very lame, but for some
reason cycling fans have retarded notions of what constitutes
sportsmanship.

S Perryman

Jul 22, 2010, 12:55:42 PM7/22/10
Amit Ghosh wrote:

> On Jul 22, 4:37 am, S Perryman <a...@a.net> wrote:

>>A more Hinault-esque gesture IMHO would be to ride the TT like a beast and
>>put hours into Schleck. Then stop at the line, wait 41 seconds, and
>>then push the front wheel across.

> that would not be a hinault-esque gesture. even letting scleck win

> today was not a hinault-esque gesture.

I don't think Contador had it in him for the sprint.

Which appears to be the case throughout the tour in these stages.
Strong enough to ensure no one rides away from him, not strong enough
for a final sprint.

So your comment appears to be null and void.

That aside, conceding the time at the end of the TT rather than at the
beginning is a much more cruel statement IMHO rather than a more
"gentlemanly" concession at the beginning.

And Hinault could be quite cruel indeed at times.

Regards,
Steven Perryman

LawBoy01

Jul 22, 2010, 1:32:10 PM7/22/10
Isn't what Contador did today enough? Get over it, folks: Andy lost
the jersey on the descent, not the climb.

Anton Berlin

Jul 22, 2010, 2:24:29 PM7/22/10

> That aside, conceding the time at the end of the TT rather than at the
> beginning is a much more cruel statement IMHO rather than a more
> "gentlemanly" concession at the beginning.

EXACTLY ! Let the clock tick 41 then go. Either way he wins.

S Perryman

Jul 22, 2010, 2:34:49 PM7/22/10
Anton Berlin wrote:

He can give Shleck as much time as he wants at the finish line, when the TT
is over and only a lone gunman can alter the outcome.

How amusing it would be if Contador, even after conceding the 41 seconds,
still beats Schleck by miles and also wins the TT stage (even though I
think this will still be Contadors' "Lemond 1990" - GC but no stage win) .

Regards,
Steven Perryman

Michael Press

Jul 22, 2010, 4:37:27 PM7/22/10
In article
<426579d0-8aff-4c33...@k19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@worldemail.com> wrote:

Not.

--
Michael Press

RicodJour

Jul 22, 2010, 4:43:13 PM7/22/10
On Jul 22, 4:37 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:

>  RicodJour <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Either you respect the jersey and give the wearer a sporting chance,
> > or not.
>
> Not.

Honor is not something that you take on and off like a coat, Dumbass.
Lack of honor (doping) is what has brought cycling to its present
state of affairs.
Viewing honor as optional reduces sport to business - a nasty
business.

NoDannyNo

Jul 22, 2010, 6:49:36 PM7/22/10
On Jul 22, 4:43 pm, RicodJour <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote:
> Viewing honor as optional reduces sport to business - a nasty
> business.

Which, of course, it is.

RicodJour

Jul 22, 2010, 7:11:20 PM7/22/10

And everybody lies. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

It still comes down to individuals making individual decisions, one at
a time.

ronaldo_jeremiah

Jul 22, 2010, 7:33:36 PM7/22/10
On Jul 22, 3:37 am, S Perryman <a...@a.net> wrote:

> A more Hinault-esque gesture IMHO would be to ride the TT like a beast and
> put hours into Schleck. Then stop at the line, wait 41 seconds, and
> then push the front wheel across.
>
> There is your 41 seconds. What good is it to you ??

You must talking about Sebastien Hinault. Cause the Badger would not
have done it like that; too showy. At the post-chaingate press
conference Bernie would've pointed out how lame it is to unship one's
chain, and pointed out that getting knocked off your bike a few Ks
from the finish line is no excuse not to win. Then, he'd say that
it's all academic anyway, because I'm going to win the TT by three
minutes. And then he'd win the stage by three minutes.

Further, how is it cool to stop short of the line after you have the
win cinched? There's no proof you were prepared to sacrifice the time
from the start.

-rj

ronaldo_jeremiah

Jul 22, 2010, 7:37:32 PM7/22/10
On Jul 22, 11:55 am, S Perryman <a...@a.net> wrote:

> And Hinault could be quite cruel indeed at times.

Please tell us - which times?

The only people I've ever seen Hinault be "cruel" towards are
pantywaist commie protestors who dared to block him from doing his own
job, and I wouldn't consider that cruelty.

-rj

Michael Press

Jul 22, 2010, 11:10:24 PM7/22/10
In article
<dbbd392f-758d-4da7...@x21g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@worldemail.com> wrote:

It is optional. You are dreaming.

--
Michael Press

Frederick the Great

Jul 22, 2010, 11:15:01 PM7/22/10
In article
<f62aa6ef-51a5-4982...@e5g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
RicodJour <rico...@worldemail.com> wrote:

As you just said, it is optional.

--
Old Fritz

RicodJour

Jul 23, 2010, 12:00:27 AM7/23/10
On Jul 22, 11:10 pm, Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>  RicodJour <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote:

> > > Not.
>
> > Honor is not something that you take on and off like a coat, Dumbass.
> > Lack of honor (doping) is what has brought cycling to its present
> > state of affairs.
> > Viewing honor as optional reduces sport to business - a nasty
> > business.
>
> It is optional. You are dreaming.

Any choice is optional. I've picked up a $100 bill and handed it to a
guy who never realized he dropped it. Would I do that every single
time? As you say, it's optional, but I'd like to think I would.

RicodJour

Jul 23, 2010, 12:01:32 AM7/23/10
On Jul 22, 11:15 pm, Frederick the Great <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> In article
> <f62aa6ef-51a5-4982-b000-ab5798aa4...@e5g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,

>  RicodJour <ricodj...@worldemail.com> wrote:

> > > Which, of course, it is.
>
> > And everybody lies.  Yeah, yeah, yeah.
>
> > It still comes down to individuals making individual decisions, one at
> > a time.
>
> As you just said, it is optional.

Correct. If it weren't, it would be a law.

Betty

Jul 23, 2010, 5:05:58 AM7/23/10
RicodJour wrote:
> Any choice is optional. I've picked up a $100 bill and handed it to a
> guy who never realized he dropped it. Would I do that every single
> time? As you say, it's optional, but I'd like to think I would.

OTOH if it had been a vial of EPO he dropped ?

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jul 23, 2010, 5:25:01 AM7/23/10

Dumbass,

Cycling = game theory. Contador sat on Schleck,
they both gained an advantage: Contador gained time
on everyone else and Schleck got a stage win. I know
you know this, I'm just saying that this is not an
example of retarded sportsmanship. It's unlikely that
Hinault is watching it and seething. This is a guy
who rode over a finish line arm in arm with LemonD
once (admittedly, only after trying to crush LemonD and
eat his children).

In round-football, where there is no periodic stoppage
of play, often if a player is injured their team will kick the
ball out to stop play and let the magic-spray medical team
on. Then when play restarts, the other team throws the ball
back to the team that kicked it out as a professional
courtesy. This happens even at the highest levels, but
as you say, it doesn't extend up to giving away free goals.
I just bring it up to illustrate that each sport has its own
little retarded-sportsmanship customs.

This whole waiting at the TT start or finish line idea
is lame though.

Fredmaster Ben

Fred on a stick

Jul 23, 2010, 5:39:43 AM7/23/10
On 7/23/2010 11:25 AM, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:

> Dumbass,
>
> Cycling = game theory.

Someone needs to write a paper on this.

S Perryman

Jul 23, 2010, 6:23:18 AM7/23/10

>> Cycling = game theory.

Actually there is some truth to this.

But would be more of an undergrad exam question (like ones I did
in days of yore : an army deciding to air bomb one of several
enemy supply routes - damage caused and loss of your aircraft etc) .

Whatever strategy you take, whether tis a Jackie Durand or Team Bruyneel
1D (TM - pat pending) , there is a reward and cost to you and your
opponents.

Stick in a suitable 'utility function' for each strategy succeeding/
failing, in conjunction with the event probabilities, and away you go.

Of course this is all moot if you cannot even come up with more than
strategy in the first place (re "so that is that" ) .

Regards,
Steven Perryman