Little 500 winner goes pro for Bissell

Anton Berlin

Apr 24, 2011, 2:59:17 PM4/24/11
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/04/news/fresh-off-little-500-win-eric-young-joins-bissell_169346

Ah the purity of amateur sport - now where the fuck did I leave that
Chariots of Fire LaserDisc ?

Ryan Cousineau

Apr 25, 2011, 12:45:54 AM4/25/11
The problem is the Little 5 is both brilliant and stupid. Their amateurish amateur rules leave the event isolated from mainstream cycling, which is kind of what they want.

Recruiting a non-cyclist like Eric into the ranks of cycling is pretty much the best-case scenario for people who want IU to be a source of cycling development. But I think riding in your future pro team kit before the Little 5 is rubbing noses in it: rather akin to doing your Final Four shoot around in Lakers warm-ups.