Who will win Paddy's White Elephant?

Davey Crockett

Oct 3, 2011, 10:39:38 PM10/3/11
The Paddy's White Elephant aka Beijing Tour

The race nobody wanted, especially the Chinese, none of whom showed up
for the Olympic RR and the punters you saw around the course were
factory workers who'd been ordered to attend.

Davey will throw in a wild guess and go for Samuel Sanchez

Take your pick from (http://www.cyclingstartlists.com)

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English

atriage

Oct 4, 2011, 5:00:36 AM10/4/11
On 04/10/2011 03:39, Davey Crockett wrote:
> The Paddy's White Elephant aka Beijing Tour
>
> The race nobody wanted, especially the Chinese, none of whom showed up
> for the Olympic RR and the punters you saw around the course were
> factory workers who'd been ordered to attend.
>
> Davey will throw in a wild guess and go for Samuel Sanchez

My wild guess is that almost nobody gives a flying fuck including the riders.

Plano Dude

Oct 4, 2011, 8:08:34 PM10/4/11
100, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10, & 4 World Tour points up for
grabs. Gilbert is first with 698, Evans second with 574. In 10 is Boss
Hogg with 260.

At least 5 or 6 riders who can use the points to negotiate their
contracts will care.

http://www.uciworldtour.com/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layout.asp?MenuId=MTYwNzk&LangId=1

atriage

Oct 4, 2011, 8:26:22 PM10/4/11
On 05/10/2011 01:08, Plano Dude wrote:
> On Oct 4, 4:00 am, atriage<atri...@satriage.net> wrote:
>> On 04/10/2011 03:39, Davey Crockett wrote:> The Paddy's White Elephant aka Beijing Tour
>>
>>> The race nobody wanted, especially the Chinese, none of whom showed up
>>> for the Olympic RR and the punters you saw around the course were
>>> factory workers who'd been ordered to attend.
>>
>>> Davey will throw in a wild guess and go for Samuel Sanchez
>>
>> My wild guess is that almost nobody gives a flying fuck including the riders.
>>
>> --
>
> 100, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10,& 4 World Tour points up for
> grabs. Gilbert is first with 698, Evans second with 574. In 10 is Boss
> Hogg with 260.
>
> At least 5 or 6 riders who can use the points to negotiate their
> contracts will care.
>
> http://www.uciworldtour.com/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layout.asp?MenuId=MTYwNzk&LangId=1

All true but I bet you the top ten places won't have changed after the Chinky tour.

RicodJour

Oct 4, 2011, 10:29:37 PM10/4/11
On Oct 3, 10:39 pm, Davey Crockett <r...@azurservers.com> wrote:

> The Paddy's White Elephant aka Beijing Tour

Oh, of course! It's a white elephant because there's absolutely no
logic in promoting bike racing in the most populous country with the
greatest number of bike riders on the planet. There's no logical
reason that the UCI would want to get in on the ground floor of that
development, and there's no money to be made.

Plano Dude

Oct 11, 2011, 12:19:23 AM10/11/11
On Oct 4, 7:26 pm, atriage <atri...@satriage.net> wrote:
> On 05/10/2011 01:08, Plano Dude wrote:
>

> > On Oct 4, 4:00 am, atriage<atri...@satriage.net>  wrote:
> >> On 04/10/2011 03:39, Davey Crockett wrote:>  The Paddy's White Elephant aka Beijing Tour

> >> My wild guess is that almost nobody gives a flying fuck including the riders.
>
> >> --
>
> > 100, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10,&  4 World Tour points up for
> > grabs. Gilbert is first with 698, Evans second with 574. In 10 is Boss
> > Hogg with 260.
>
> > At least 5 or 6 riders who can use the points to negotiate their
> > contracts will care.
>
> >http://www.uciworldtour.com/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layo...

> All true but I bet you the top ten places won't have changed after the Chinky tour.
>
> -

You've done well since joning the NG in July. For that you deserve to
be cut a little slack.

atriage

Oct 11, 2011, 4:37:08 AM10/11/11
On 11/10/2011 05:19, Plano Dude wrote:
> On Oct 4, 7:26 pm, atriage<atri...@satriage.net> wrote:

>>> 100, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 10,& 4 World Tour points up for
>>> grabs. Gilbert is first with 698, Evans second with 574. In 10 is Boss
>>> Hogg with 260.
>>
>>> At least 5 or 6 riders who can use the points to negotiate their
>>> contracts will care.
>>
>>> http://www.uciworldtour.com/templates/BUILTIN-NOFRAMES/Template3/layo...
>>
>> All true but I bet you the top ten places won't have changed [susafter the Chinky tour.
>>
>> -
>
> You've done well since joning the NG in July.

Thanks

> For that you deserve to
> be cut a little slack.

Trust a fucking German to spoil my prediction.

Simply Fred

Oct 11, 2011, 4:45:10 AM10/11/11
atriage wrote:
> Trust a fucking German to spoil my prediction.

Presumably you mean a German from Fucking:
<http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,686305,00.html>

atriage

Oct 11, 2011, 5:00:50 AM10/11/11
Now that's a beer you would just *have* to try.

RicodJour

Oct 11, 2011, 11:35:55 AM10/11/11

Fucking Hell, I would!

I'm just saddened that a Fred posted that, instead of our resident,
but MIA, LiveDRUNK spokesmodel didn't post it first.

Simply Fred

Oct 11, 2011, 3:23:26 PM10/11/11
RicodJour wrote:
> I'm just saddened that a Fred posted that, instead of our resident,
> but MIA, LiveDRUNK spokesmodel didn't post it first.

I heard reports of triathletes severed feet with running trainers still
attached washing up on Greek shores.