Poll: Killfiling Laffatme

Steve Freides

Jul 14, 2010, 9:01:16 PM7/14/10
Please indicate your choice, and don't make up a f#$*ing choice that
isn't listed below - just pick whatever's closest. Or not, and make up
your own and see if anyone else agrees with you. I vote #7.

Poll: Killfile Laffatme or not?

1. I never killfile anyone - it's a matter of principle, free speech,
and yada yada.

2. I never killfile anyone except you, Freides.

3. I use Google Groups and I can't killfile anyone.

4. I don't give a rat's ass about rbr, and therefore killfiling anyone
is too much trouble so I don't.

5. I agree with almost everything Laffatme says and would never
killfile him for that reason.

6. I don't agree with everything Laffatme says but it's no skin off my
nose to read his rantings, either, so no killfile.

7. I disagree with everything Laffatme says but I haven't killfiled him
and I can't explain why, either, except that I must be an idiot.

8. After reading this poll, I will killfile Laffatme immediately.

--D-y

Jul 14, 2010, 9:17:55 PM7/14/10

9. I never killfile anyone because I once told someone that killfiles
were for pussies and his reply was "plonk!".

I mean, why miss out on opportunities like that?
--D-y

B. Lafferty

Jul 14, 2010, 9:18:35 PM7/14/10
Truth hurts. I feel your pain. But, consider this:

"What’s clear is that Lance Armstrong commands a devotion from his fans
that is unmatched by any other sports star in memory. He’s more than a
hero to these people; he’s a savior. And to cancer people, of course, he
really is a kind of savior, if only by example. I get that. (And in
fact, I still give “It’s Not About the Bike” to my friends who get
diagnosed.) But his appeal goes way beyond the disease. He’s the only
cyclist ever to tap into mainstream American sports culture.

The die-hard Lance fan is typically a middle-aged male who discovered
(or rediscovered) cycling during his hero’s 1999-2005 Tour de France
reign. It’s a wholly different group of people from the geeky-misfit
kids who were drawn to the sport in the pre-Lance era, like the kid in
“Breaking Away” who digs bike racing because it is European, exotic and
obscure. The Lance fans are closer to the Dale Jr. crowd. …

Subtlety and nuance are lost on this crowd. They see nothing wrong — or
even boring — with their man’s relentless, grinding domination of the
world’s hardest bike race, or the fact that in seven years he seemed to
have suffered (by my count) exactly four bad days. They’re the breed of
sports fans who always root for the favorites: for the Yankees when they
were good, or the Dallas Cowboys in the ’80s. In “Breaking Away,” they
cheer for the college boys, not the Cutters.

With other sports stars, imperfect private lives and off-field
boorishness are acknowledged and forgiven. (Or at worst, ignored.) But
Lance is not permitted to have flaws. Which is why a sizable army of
fans seems to spend lots of time trolling the Webernets for any mention
of their lord. If there’s the slightest negative connotation towards
Armstrong, then boom! The comments section lights up.

Calm down, folks. It’s not the end of the world if your hero has a few
crashes, gives a pissy interview, or gets in a dust-up with his younger,
stronger, faster teammate. It’s part of the sport. Not everyone has to
love him, either. How he deals with it — and how you deal with it — is
what’s important."--Bill Gifford

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 14, 2010, 10:00:28 PM7/14/10

"B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

: "What’s clear is that Lance Armstrong commands a devotion from his fans

: that is unmatched by any other sports star in memory.

<snip>

Dumbass -

I'm not a fan of LANCE, but I (and many others here) find your obsessiveness
with him to be very annoying.

The reason is that your reasons for posting all your stuff has a very
negative undertone. It's driven by negative energy and negative emotion. If
he's gonna go down, fine, but it doesn't give me any pleasure any more than
it gives me pleasure to see any other rider go down for cheating. I don't
revel in another person's misfortune. It's bad karma.

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

ric

Jul 14, 2010, 10:03:50 PM7/14/10
On Jul 14, 10:00 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Yawn.

bar

Jul 14, 2010, 10:06:18 PM7/14/10
wrote:

> The reason is that your reasons for posting all your stuff has a very

> negative undertone. It's driven by negative energy and negative emotion.

harden the fuck up, bro. it's just text.

#3 (but also #6) for me.

Steve Freides

Jul 14, 2010, 10:40:42 PM7/14/10
B. Lafferty wrote:
> On 7/14/2010 9:01 PM, Steve Freides wrote:
>> Please indicate your choice, and don't make up a f#$*ing choice that
>> isn't listed below - just pick whatever's closest. Or not, and make
>> up your own and see if anyone else agrees with you. I vote #7.
>>

>> Poll: Killfile Laffatme or not?
>>
>> 1. I never killfile anyone - it's a matter of principle, free
>> speech, and yada yada.
>>
>> 2. I never killfile anyone except you, Freides.
>>
>> 3. I use Google Groups and I can't killfile anyone.
>>
>> 4. I don't give a rat's ass about rbr, and therefore killfiling
>> anyone is too much trouble so I don't.
>>
>> 5. I agree with almost everything Laffatme says and would never
>> killfile him for that reason.
>>
>> 6. I don't agree with everything Laffatme says but it's no skin off
>> my nose to read his rantings, either, so no killfile.
>>
>> 7. I disagree with everything Laffatme says but I haven't killfiled
>> him and I can't explain why, either, except that I must be an idiot.
>>
>> 8. After reading this poll, I will killfile Laffatme immediately.
>>

> Truth hurts. I feel your pain. But, consider this:

Alright, that's it - bye.

#8.

-S-

GoneBeforeMyTime

Jul 14, 2010, 10:59:34 PM7/14/10

Laff provides insight without all the boorish overtones, and that's ok with
me. I don't like the foul language used against Lance, its quite unnecessary
but this stuff is going to go forward and people are going to be talking
about it, so I would rather have a civil toned lawyer providing insight
instead of a bunch of Boorish thugs. Like the other guy said for crying out
loud, we are just reading text comments.

DirtRoadie

Jul 14, 2010, 11:32:36 PM7/14/10
On Jul 14, 8:00 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm not a fan of LANCE, but I (and many others here) find your obsessiveness

> with him to be very annoying.

+1
I don't know whether I'm a Lance fan or not, but he certainly does NOT
detract from my being a cycling fan.

DR

Betty

Jul 15, 2010, 6:16:26 AM7/15/10
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
> I don't like the foul language used against Lance, its quite unnecessary

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDpqupB5_cw>

(The Dumas/Walker/Breuking/k rbr mp3 ref has been disappeared)

Betty

Jul 15, 2010, 6:19:55 AM7/15/10
Steve Freides wrote:
> Please indicate your choice, and don't make up a f#$*ing choice that
> isn't listed below - just pick whatever's closest.

I am a campaigner for bots rights and cannot support any measure that
might silence their lonely digital voice in this cold and empty void.
After all they may be the future of the human race.

--D-y

Jul 15, 2010, 8:02:19 AM7/15/10

"civil toned"? Wow.
--D-y

--D-y

Jul 15, 2010, 8:31:32 AM7/15/10

Considered. Load of crap. What did I expect, coming from Lafferty?

Lance fans = Junior fans.

Ignoring the LAF and their work with cancer patients and their
circles.

Ignoring even GREG LEMOND. Well, maybe he's too young to remember Greg
and all the Sports Illustrated (etc. etc.) coverage. Doesn't matter,
he's just slinging mud anyhow, right?
--D-y
--D-y

B. Lafferty

Jul 15, 2010, 8:43:02 AM7/15/10
I remember Greg Lemond. I did a race with him in NYC--1983, IIRC.
Amazing class. I got to sit on his wheel for a while, a very short while.

--D-y

Jul 15, 2010, 8:53:28 AM7/15/10

Amazing "class" as a racer, whether a natural talent or not.
The difference between him and Lance, going in, was Lance's ability to
focus on racing and getting results for himself and his sponsor.
IOW, the near-death experience affects different people in different
ways.

I've "raced" with Lance, too. He was generous and rode with people; of
course, this was just the Tuesday Nighter (the most important race in
the world).
--D-y

derf...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2010, 8:59:23 AM7/15/10
On Jul 14, 10:59 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" <F...@EuroForums.com> wrote

... a "ringing" endorsement ... like Bush giving McCain an
endorsement. nice.

derf...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2010, 9:08:56 AM7/15/10
On Jul 14, 9:18 pm, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> What’s clear is that Lance Armstrong commands a devotion from his fans
> that is unmatched by any other sports star in memory.

only the people who think you are an obsessed retard are not LANCE
fans. They just think you are an obsessed retard.

Betty

Jul 15, 2010, 9:31:47 AM7/15/10
B. Lafferty wrote:
> I remember Greg Lemond. I did a race with him in NYC--1983, IIRC.
> Amazing class. I got to sit on his wheel for a while, a very short while.

So you didn't pull and you got dropped.

RicodJour

Jul 15, 2010, 9:45:22 AM7/15/10
On Jul 15, 9:08 am, "derFah...@gmail.com" <derfah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 14, 9:18 pm, "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> > What’s clear is that Lance Armstrong commands a devotion from his fans
> > that is unmatched by any other sports star in memory.

How horrible. Tripe, but horrible

> only the people who think you are an obsessed retard are not LANCE
> fans.  They just think you are an obsessed retard.

It is not necessary to insult retards when castigating Laffaroni.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 15, 2010, 12:10:25 PM7/15/10

: I remember Greg Lemond. I did a race with him in NYC--1983, IIRC.
: Amazing class.

Dumbass -

Sure. Whining about Bernard Hinault. Claiming Virtual Victories.

Amazing class.

Anton Berlin

Jul 15, 2010, 12:12:45 PM7/15/10
On Jul 14, 9:00 pm, "Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinthemach...@gmail.com>
wrote:

It's also bad karma to do nothing. Move towards the light Henry. I
know it sucks that cats like Laff and Anton are standing next to it
but it's still the light buddy.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 15, 2010, 12:45:06 PM7/15/10

"Anton Berlin" <truth...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

All you ats are doing is spreading around a negative vibe.

You don't have any enforcement authority. Let the ones who do handle that.

Spreading negativity is bad karma. Just my opinion.

Amit Ghosh

Jul 15, 2010, 12:47:50 PM7/15/10
On Jul 14, 10:59 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime" <F...@EuroForums.com> wrote:

> Laff provides insight without all the boorish overtones, and that's ok with
> me. I don't like the foul language used against Lance, its quite unnecessary
> but this stuff is going to go forward and people are going to be talking
> about it, so I would rather have a civil toned lawyer providing insight
> instead of a bunch of Boorish thugs. Like the other guy said for crying out
> loud, we are just reading text comments.

dumbass,

henry is right, lafferty is too emotional to be objective - any
analysis from him is nonsense.

Anton Berlin

Jul 15, 2010, 1:48:41 PM7/15/10

If anyone is 'emo' about LA it would be my false identity Anton. The
only real beef I have with Armstrong is that he hasn't done anything
to make cyclists safer.

He could have used his good name (while it was) to help support a
national law protecting cyclists, cyclist rights and cycling
initiatives. I'd like to ride my bike like I did in the 80s and
early 90s and not worry about getting crumpled under an SUV whose
driver is tweeting about how some other jackass on a cell phone just
cut him off.

Laff just posts a lot of good links in my eyes and is a good resource
of Lance doping activity.

GoneBeforeMyTime

Jul 15, 2010, 2:00:40 PM7/15/10

I don't think lawyers are into Karma much. It's their job to roots out facts
and details as experts in their field, as where most of us don't even have a
clue. It's just a forum, and as long as he's civil, which he usually is, I
like the access to those links, stories and facts. Besides there is ample
counterweight around here, not like Laff running the show.

derf...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2010, 2:43:11 PM7/15/10
On Jul 15, 1:48 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If anyone is 'emo' about LA it would be my false identity Anton.  The
> only real beef I have with Armstrong is that he hasn't done anything
> to make cyclists safer.

No shit. I've even seen pics of him riding without a helmet. What
kind of message does that send?

He could use his influence to enact mandatory helmet laws in all 50
states + Canada.

Frederick the Great

Jul 15, 2010, 3:51:50 PM7/15/10
In article <8a74us...@mid.individual.net>,
"Steve Freides" <st...@kbnj.com> wrote:

> Please indicate your choice, and don't make up a f#$*ing choice that
> isn't listed below - just pick whatever's closest. Or not, and make up
> your own and see if anyone else agrees with you. I vote #7.
>

> Poll: Killfile Laffatme or not?
>
> 1. I never killfile anyone - it's a matter of principle, free speech,
> and yada yada.
>
> 2. I never killfile anyone except you, Freides.
>
> 3. I use Google Groups and I can't killfile anyone.
>
> 4. I don't give a rat's ass about rbr, and therefore killfiling anyone
> is too much trouble so I don't.
>
> 5. I agree with almost everything Laffatme says and would never
> killfile him for that reason.
>
> 6. I don't agree with everything Laffatme says but it's no skin off my
> nose to read his rantings, either, so no killfile.
>
> 7. I disagree with everything Laffatme says but I haven't killfiled him
> and I can't explain why, either, except that I must be an idiot.
>
> 8. After reading this poll, I will killfile Laffatme immediately.

Go to hell. You did not cover all points of view; and
rather than own up to it you demand that we all force
ourselves into your pigeon holes. You possibilities are
not neutrally stated. Rather you made them as personal
as possible. All the choices are steeped your own
attitudes; not an honest attempt to include the widest
range of views fairly stated as you could. To agree to
any of them is to agree with your point of view, which stinks.

--
Old Fritz

Frederick the Great

Jul 15, 2010, 3:59:26 PM7/15/10
In article <i1lpvt$93o$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
"Kurgan Gringioni" <soulinth...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just so.

And all karma in instant.

--
Old Fritz

Fredmaster of Brainerd

Jul 15, 2010, 4:04:17 PM7/15/10

Dumbass,

A lawyer's job is to win cases, not to root out facts.
Rooting out facts happens in the service of winning
cases, when it is in the service, and not when it isn't.

This is one reason Lafferty is not a reliable source of
information about LANCE - he's an advocate. There's
nothing wrong with being an advocate as long as you're
honest with yourself about it. That's part of the issue -
if you think you're a objective investigator but you're
really an advocate.

The other part of the issue is that Laff is blinded by
his obsession with LANCE, so that he doesn't see
entire categories:
Things That Are Worse Than Lance, Things That
Lance Is Not Responsible For, Things That Won't
Go Away Even After Lance Is Abolished, and so on.

Fredadvocate Ben

Frederick the Great

Jul 15, 2010, 4:07:19 PM7/15/10
In article <quudnQbHluxU0aLR...@sti.net>,
"GoneBeforeMyTime" <Fa...@EuroForums.com> wrote:

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> > "B. Lafferty" <b...@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> "What‚s clear is that Lance Armstrong commands a devotion from his
> >> fans that is unmatched by any other sports star in memory.
> >
> > <snip>
> >

> > Dumbass -
> >
> > I'm not a fan of LANCE, but I (and many others here) find your
> > obsessiveness with him to be very annoying.
> >
> > The reason is that your reasons for posting all your stuff has a very
> > negative undertone. It's driven by negative energy and negative
> > emotion. If he's gonna go down, fine, but it doesn't give me any
> > pleasure any more than it gives me pleasure to see any other rider go
> > down for cheating. I don't revel in another person's misfortune. It's
> > bad karma.
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
>
> I don't think lawyers are into Karma much.

Their opinion on the matter does not change Newton's third law.
Actions have consequences on the actor; immediate consequences.

--
Old Fritz

A. Dumas

Jul 15, 2010, 4:41:05 PM7/15/10

A. Dumas

Jul 15, 2010, 5:08:47 PM7/15/10
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> Spreading negativity is bad karma.

Damn hippie.

GoneBeforeMyTime

Jul 15, 2010, 5:12:16 PM7/15/10

But it's seems like a fairly harmless hobby obsession, no different then
Laff going on TV to offer legal commentary on something like Larry King
during the OJ fiasco. Legal commentators are all over TV in all kinds of
issues and famous cases. Why would Laff be so different then some of those
folks? Some of those guys or women seem to have similar obsessions with
famous cases. Laff isn't going after Lance directly working with
investigators. He's just serving up the daily bread on rbr.

Maybe he's going to write a book someday, who knows!

Advocate or investigator, if he left, it wouldn't be long before you guys
would be calling him back to fill your plates!

RicodJour

Jul 15, 2010, 5:56:42 PM7/15/10
On Jul 15, 1:48 pm, Anton Berlin <truth_88...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'd like to ride my bike like I did in the 80s and
> early 90s and not worry about getting crumpled under an SUV whose
> driver is tweeting about how some other jackass on a cell phone just
> cut him off.

That probably has more to do with you being a master
fathead...errr...fatty, sorry, and the inevitable realization with age
- you are not longer invulnerable.

The other possibility is that there are too many cars. Either move,
or give up yours to set a good example.

No need to thank me.

Jimmy July

Jul 15, 2010, 6:21:40 PM7/15/10
On 07/15/2010 10:48 AM, Anton Berlin wrote:
> On Jul 15, 11:47 am, Amit Ghosh<amit.gh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 14, 10:59 pm, "GoneBeforeMyTime"<F...@EuroForums.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Laff provides insight without all the boorish overtones, and that's ok with
>>> me. I don't like the foul language used against Lance, its quite unnecessary
>>> but this stuff is going to go forward and people are going to be talking
>>> about it, so I would rather have a civil toned lawyer providing insight
>>> instead of a bunch of Boorish thugs. Like the other guy said for crying out
>>> loud, we are just reading text comments.
>>
>> dumbass,
>>
>> henry is right, lafferty is too emotional to be objective - any
>> analysis from him is nonsense.
>
> If anyone is 'emo' about LA it would be my false identity Anton.

So you've finally come out of the closet.

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 15, 2010, 6:45:13 PM7/15/10

"A. Dumas" <alex...@dumas.fr> wrote in message

: Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
: > Spreading negativity is bad karma.
:
: Damn hippie.

Dumbass -

Ya, I guess.

In my line of work (though maybe not in all lines of work), it's something
that you can see. People who spread around too much negative vibe don't make
it.

On the flip side, your boy Tiesto is supposed to be a master of personal
relations (in a positive way).

Kurgan Gringioni

Jul 15, 2010, 6:47:41 PM7/15/10

"GoneBeforeMyTime" <Fa...@EuroForums.com> wrote in message
:
: But it's seems like a fairly harmless hobby obsession, no different then

: Laff going on TV to offer legal commentary on something like Larry King
: during the OJ fiasco. Legal commentators are all over TV in all kinds of
: issues and famous cases. Why would Laff be so different then some of those
: folks?

<snip>

Dumbass -

They get paid for it.

Laff's spreading around his negative vibe just because that's his
personality. Too bad for him. IMO, people that do that have no idea what a
disservice they do to themselves.

Steve Freides

Jul 15, 2010, 6:46:19 PM7/15/10

Bite me.

-S-

Anton Berlin

Jul 15, 2010, 6:58:28 PM7/15/10

> So you've finally come out of the closet.- Hide quoted text -

Looks like Jimmy is a stocker.

K. Fred Gauss

Jul 15, 2010, 7:41:06 PM7/15/10
Anton Berlin wrote:
>> So you've finally come out of the closet.- Hide quoted text -
>
> Looks like Jimmy is a stocker.

He's caught on that "Anton Berlin" is one of Lance Armstrong's many
pseudonyms.

Frederick the Great

Jul 15, 2010, 11:17:49 PM7/15/10
In article <8a9hds...@mid.individual.net>,