Tyler

lazysegall

Apr 14, 2005, 11:27:12 PM4/14/05

I know there are some technical problems with his doping case. Can
someone explain? or give me an article that explains it well. I guess
some of this is speculation, but I guess that is welcomed. I know that
this will turn into a troll thread about doping, but oh well i guess.

--
lazysegall

Jim Flom

Apr 14, 2005, 11:36:10 PM4/14/05
"lazysegall" <lazysega...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote in
message news:lazysega...@no-mx.forums.cyclingforums.com...

Any day now...

He's an innocent man.

Ken Very Big Liar

Apr 15, 2005, 10:18:19 AM4/15/05
> > I know there are some technical problems with his doping case. Can
> > someone explain? or give me an article that explains it well. I guess
> > some of this is speculation, but I guess that is welcomed. I know that
> > this will turn into a troll thread about doping, but oh well i guess.
>
> Any day now...
>
> He's an innocent man.

We hope, anyway. In this day and age it's impossible to tell who is lying,
telling the truth, or accidently doped by eating chocolates from Chile or
Peru, or eating some 'powerbar' containing various stimulants or sterioids
that an athlete does not know is in there.

As for me, I think all of the riders are dirty to some extent, even if it's
something as simple as taking ephedra or similar stimulating herb, but it
doesn't bother me. Hell, I used to use ephedrine (a.k.a. "Max Alert",
"white crosses", et al) back in '94-'95 on days when I did interval training
but I was just a little tired from work that day.

Kelly Beard

Bill C

Apr 15, 2005, 12:00:19 PM4/15/05

You've got to draw a line somewhere or change the UCI to the WCE
(World Cycling Enertainment) and replace Heinie boy with McMahon. A
huge part of the problem is you've got two egomaniacal assholes running
things in Pound and Verbruggen, and to be perfectly honest cycling has
a whole lot less problems than say footbal, either version, baseball
etc...
If the test was as well proven and accurate as they claimed it was,
this would've been slam dunk Tyler's done. They have shown repeated
ineptitude in handling samples, chain of custody, failure to follow
procedures etc without adding in a test that is being questioned
without having an outside agency verify the use of this method for this
specific application first.
Pound has been a complete loudmouthed fuckup and bully, but the people
on the other side haven't been a whole lot better.
Looks a lot like Washington DC.
Bill C

Bill C

Apr 15, 2005, 12:01:11 PM4/15/05

Ken Very Big Liar wrote:

You've got to draw a line somewhere or change the UCI to the WCE

Kurgan Gringioni

Apr 15, 2005, 2:09:15 PM4/15/05

Bill C wrote:

> You've got to draw a line somewhere or change the UCI to the WCE
> (World Cycling Enertainment) and replace Heinie boy with McMahon.

Dumbass -

Bad analogy. Even if every single cyclist is totally doped, the races
(with the exception of post-Tour crits) aren't scripted in advance. The
dopers still compete against each other.

Scott

Apr 15, 2005, 2:23:15 PM4/15/05

My hunch, and it's just a hunch, is that they're trying very hard to
put some sort of less-than-f'd up spin on the announcement that they
don't have a definitive case against Tyler. They won't declare him
clean, just admit that they can't quite declare him dirty.

If they're going to suspend him, I can't imagine why they'd drag this
out this long.

S.

Bob Schwartz

Apr 15, 2005, 3:34:34 PM4/15/05
Scott <hendric...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My hunch, and it's just a hunch, is that they're trying very hard to
> put some sort of less-than-f'd up spin on the announcement that they
> don't have a definitive case against Tyler. They won't declare him
> clean, just admit that they can't quite declare him dirty.

Well, one thing I picked up from reading Bergman's decision is that
there is no precise definition of a positive test result for EPO.
He came in slightly less positive according to the standard used in
prior cases and they zapped him anyway. Which they could do because
there really isn't a standard at all.

Regardless of the result of any individual case, the idea that a
positive test result could be a moving target is something that bugs
me.

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com