Landis's father-in-law found dead

JessicaG

Aug 16, 2006, 5:05:38 PM8/16/06

Diablo Scott

Aug 16, 2006, 5:14:18 PM8/16/06
JessicaG wrote:
> How sad and tragic: http://www.kusi.com/home/3582171.html

I was expecting a hoax, but:

"The father-in-law of Floyd Landis is dead, from an apparent
self-inflicted gun shot wound. David Witt was found slumped over in his
car in a parking garage in North Park Wednesday. He was 57 years-old."

ST

Aug 16, 2006, 5:14:24 PM8/16/06
On 8/16/06 2:05 PM, in article hLLEg.12$fE...@newsfe11.lga, "JessicaG"
<jjj...@jotjail.com> wrote:

> How sad and tragic: http://www.kusi.com/home/3582171.html

Here in San Diego........

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20060816-1346-bn16witt.html

http://www.cyclo-vets.org/photos/1999/StrMast-03.jpg

Tom Kunich

Aug 16, 2006, 5:15:34 PM8/16/06
"JessicaG" <jjj...@jotjail.com> wrote in message

Seems to me the sort of outcome so desired by too many on this group. I'm
getting word now that the testosterone levels on ALL of Flyod's tests were
the same but only the one had very low epitestosterone levels.

So, let me get this straight - Floyd is doping because he has LESS
epitestosterone in his body than normal?

Diablo Scott

Aug 16, 2006, 5:31:04 PM8/16/06
Tom Kunich wrote:

Possibilities:

1. Completely unrelated to Floyd's doping bust (psychiatric disorder).
2. Indirectly related to Floyd's doping bust (lost a ton of money
gambling on the Tour).
3. He couldn't handle the ignominy of Floyd's doping bust and what it
has done to their family.
4. He was involved or complicit somehow and is enforcing his own silence.

gds

Aug 16, 2006, 5:34:37 PM8/16/06

Tom Kunich wrote:
>> Seems to me the sort of outcome so desired by too many on this group. I'm
> getting word now that the testosterone levels on ALL of Flyod's tests were
> the same but only the one had very low epitestosterone levels.

What nonsense. I haven't seen post calling for the death of an innocnet
bystander.

> So, let me get this straight - Floyd is doping because he has LESS
> epitestosterone in his body than normal?

Isn't that why the T to E ratio test is used? It must mean that there
is some science that suggests that this ratio is an indicator.

You know I like your thin argument that this is all a conspiracy better
than your argument that none of these tests mean anything.

photos...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2006, 5:34:44 PM8/16/06

Why would you assume people on this group would want physical harm to
come to his family? You are one sick mofo.

Bill C

Aug 16, 2006, 5:58:30 PM8/16/06

No the people here only want to see dopers humiliated, banned, spit
on, locked up, treated worse than violent paedophiles and who gives a
shit about what effect that may have for their families.
And that is just on accusations, not even after due process.
Tom's pretty much right on in that it's really funny to see the Lynch
Mob claiming their actions had nothing to do with, weren't meant to
cause, collateral damage.
You take a stand you own the results no matter how ugly. You need to
have the guts and integrity to live with the ramifications of your
actions and own them.
This may not be related, but there's a whole lot more evidence that
this was Floyd related than against all those riders who have been
reinstated from the "Operation".
Once again we're back to "God will Know his own." and "it's not MY
fault I was just bashing the shit out of him/her/them verbally and we
KNOW that doesn't have an psychological impact."
You want to publicly convict and damn people before due process has
had a chance, and crank up the rhetoric then you need to own what
happens from it, but almost noone does.
Bill C

B. Lafferty

Aug 16, 2006, 7:24:38 PM8/16/06

"Bill C" <trito...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Let's wait until more information about his mental state comes out. Lots of
seemingly happy people kill themselves for no "apparent" reason. I doubt
Landis' problems would do it---unless he expected to testify before CAS.

mal

Aug 16, 2006, 7:37:01 PM8/16/06

> Let's wait until more information about his mental state comes out. Lots
> of
> seemingly happy people kill themselves for no "apparent" reason. I doubt
> Landis' problems would do it---unless he expected to testify before CAS.

Interesting, now we are calling for people to wait and not rush to judgment.

Weasel and lawyerly language, calling for calm after the stoning.

B. Lafferty

Aug 16, 2006, 8:32:37 PM8/16/06

"mal" <malco...@comcast.net> wrote in message

I wasn't aware that the father-in-law had tested positive. You're talking
apples and oranges and making no sense.

Fred Fredburger

Aug 16, 2006, 8:52:58 PM8/16/06
Bill C wrote:
> photos...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> "JessicaG" <jjj...@jotjail.com> wrote in message
>>> Seems to me the sort of outcome so desired by too many on this group. I'm
>>> getting word now that the testosterone levels on ALL of Flyod's tests were
>>> the same but only the one had very low epitestosterone levels.
>>>
>>> So, let me get this straight - Floyd is doping because he has LESS
>>> epitestosterone in his body than normal?
>> Why would you assume people on this group would want physical harm to
>> come to his family? You are one sick mofo.
>
> No the people here only want to see dopers humiliated, banned, spit
> on, locked up, treated worse than violent paedophiles and who gives a
> shit about what effect that may have for their families.

You don't seem like one for understatement, but you may have just pulled
it off this time.

Steve

Aug 16, 2006, 9:24:08 PM8/16/06

"Diablo Scott" <N0SPAMdi...@terra.es> wrote in message

> Tom Kunich wrote:
>
> > "JessicaG" <jjj...@jotjail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>How sad and tragic: http://www.kusi.com/home/3582171.html
> >

> Possibilities:

> 1. Completely unrelated to Floyd's doping bust (psychiatric disorder).
> 2. Indirectly related to Floyd's doping bust (lost a ton of money
> gambling on the Tour).
> 3. He couldn't handle the ignominy of Floyd's doping bust and what it
> has done to their family.
> 4. He was involved or complicit somehow and is enforcing his own silence.

GO TO HELL. The man is dead and you have no facts.

I am not gone yet.

Steve

DA74

Aug 16, 2006, 9:26:28 PM8/16/06

High Horse Bill C wrote some gobbledegook he hopes you'll construe as:
>Blood on the hands of anonymous RBR cowards

We all know there is a UCI weight limit for bicycles (6.8 kg / 14.991
lbs.).

I have just instituted an rbr weight limit effective immediately. It's
a bit less objective than the corresponding UCI formula. But you'll
know one when you read one. Here it is:

rbr weight limit = No fatties

Sorry Bill you'll have to go to rec.fattieville to post your usual
masta-fattie rants from now on. Oh weight, you don't even ride a bike
so you don't get the 'masta' prefix.
-DA74

John Forrest Tomlinson

Aug 16, 2006, 9:46:51 PM8/16/06
On 16 Aug 2006 18:26:28 -0700, "DA74" <davida...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Bill C gets a dispensation because he's a race official.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Borked Pseudo Mailed

Aug 16, 2006, 10:10:01 PM8/16/06
>>B. Lafferty wrote
>>I wasn't aware that the father-in-law had tested positive.

Not funny dipshit!

Bucky

Aug 17, 2006, 2:00:03 AM8/17/06
JessicaG wrote:
> How sad and tragic

Yes indeed. Not only his wife's stepfather, but they were also each
other's best men at their weddings.

Michael Press

Aug 17, 2006, 2:24:15 AM8/17/06
In article
<WONEg.6853$Qf....@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.com> wrote:

[...]

Too late for that. He is dead.

--
Michael Press

Simon Brooke

Aug 17, 2006, 5:08:40 AM8/17/06
in message <1155794403....@74g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>, Bucky
('uw_ba...@email.com') wrote:

Shit. That is just horribly tragic. Condolences to everyone concerned -
most of all to Landis. Troubles come not single spies, but in
battalions.

--
si...@jasmine.org.uk (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

;; killing [afghan|iraqi] civilians is not 'justice'

Simon Brooke

Aug 17, 2006, 5:31:45 AM8/17/06
in message <44e38ddc$0$3487$c3e...@news.astraweb.com>, Diablo Scott
('N0SPAMdi...@terra.es') wrote:

It kind of doesn't matter. The man is dead. He was clearly a very close
friend of Landis' and his wife was Landis' wife's mother. At a time when
there is more than enough strain and stress on that household and that
circle of friends, here's another.

Supposing Landis did dope (which I believe), he can never be entirely
free of the feeling that he's responsible for this - even if it was in
fact, completely unrelated. Supposing Amber and her mother even suspect
Landis did dope, they can't be free of the feeling that he's
responsible. And if he /didn't/ dope and they all believe it, then the
emotional consequences are almost as horrible.

This is tragedy in the full, original, sense; and in the nature of
tragedy it will have repercussions within the family for a long time to
come. Irrespective of Landis drug-taking or non-drug-taking, this is
cruel and undeserved, and everyone involved deserves our thoughts and
sympathy.

;; Woz: 'All the best people in life seem to like LINUX.'
;; <URL:http://www.woz.org/woz/cresponses/response03.html>

mal

Aug 17, 2006, 7:14:02 AM8/17/06

> I wasn't aware that the father-in-law had tested positive. You're talking
> apples and oranges and making no sense.

I rest my case.

Tom Kunich

Aug 17, 2006, 9:49:55 AM8/17/06
"B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.com> wrote in message

> Let's wait until more information about his mental state comes out. Lots
> of seemingly happy people kill themselves for no "apparent" reason. I
> doubt Landis' problems would do it---unless he expected to testify before
> CAS.

From that man who has been screaming LYNCH for years.

Tom Nakashima

Aug 17, 2006, 10:58:27 AM8/17/06

> "B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.com> wrote in message
>> Let's wait until more information about his mental state comes out. Lots
>> of seemingly happy people kill themselves for no "apparent" reason. I
>> doubt Landis' problems would do it---unless he expected to testify before
>> CAS.

Was it really suicide?
This Floyd episode has been pretty exhausting, what next.
-tom

B. Lafferty

Aug 17, 2006, 11:54:30 AM8/17/06

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message

Asshole, if you mean Dick Pound, he doesn't work for CAS.

preston....@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2006, 1:08:56 PM8/17/06
Tom Kunich wrote:
> "JessicaG" <jjj...@jotjail.com> wrote in message
> > How sad and tragic: http://www.kusi.com/home/3582171.html
>
> Seems to me the sort of outcome so desired by too many on this group. I'm
> getting word now that the testosterone levels on ALL of Flyod's tests were
> the same but only the one had very low epitestosterone levels.

Just when I thought you couldn't reach a new low, you prove me wrong.

Preston

JessicaG

Aug 17, 2006, 1:44:14 PM8/17/06
<preston....@gmail.com> wrote in message

That reminds me, there was an article in an old Bicycling magazine about
biking-induced highs caused by elevated endorphins etc. I'm wondering if it
also causes a reduction in reading comprehension.

Bill C

Aug 17, 2006, 5:30:10 PM8/17/06

Simon Brooke wrote:

> It kind of doesn't matter. The man is dead. He was clearly a very close
> friend of Landis' and his wife was Landis' wife's mother. At a time when
> there is more than enough strain and stress on that household and that
> circle of friends, here's another.
>
> Supposing Landis did dope (which I believe), he can never be entirely
> free of the feeling that he's responsible for this - even if it was in
> fact, completely unrelated. Supposing Amber and her mother even suspect
> Landis did dope, they can't be free of the feeling that he's
> responsible. And if he /didn't/ dope and they all believe it, then the
> emotional consequences are almost as horrible.
>
> This is tragedy in the full, original, sense; and in the nature of
> tragedy it will have repercussions within the family for a long time to
> come. Irrespective of Landis drug-taking or non-drug-taking, this is
> cruel and undeserved, and everyone involved deserves our thoughts and
> sympathy.
>
> --
> si...@jasmine.org.uk (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/
>
> ;; Woz: 'All the best people in life seem to like LINUX.'
> ;; <URL:http://www.woz.org/woz/cresponses/response03.html>

Well said. There isn't a single damned thing in sports that's worth
someone's life.
Bill C

data...@yahoo.com

Aug 17, 2006, 5:50:05 PM8/17/06
turkey?

Bill C

Aug 17, 2006, 5:52:59 PM8/17/06

I shouldn't even bother but it's a good thing you're typing because
it's gotta be hard to talk with CritPro's dick in your mouth. I don't
think you've ever had an original thought.
I'd love to be able to race, or even ride more, but my doctor just
said "No road bike, no motorcycle, no running, no free weights, no
working bent over, etc..."
I'm still doing most of them, working kids races, officiating, and
volunteering where I can, along with working a really physical job
because I love to do those things, all while in major pain.
If your healthy then don't ever take it for granted and enjoy the hell
out of it.
Bill C

preston....@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2006, 9:14:36 PM8/17/06

You talking to me?

I was replying to this garbage.

"Seems to me the sort of outcome so desired by too many on this group."

Yes, we want people to die because we're against doping. What did I
miss?

Preston

Tom Kunich

Aug 17, 2006, 10:29:50 PM8/17/06
"Tom Nakashima" <t...@slac.stanford.edu> wrote in message

> Was it really suicide?

He had a gun in his hand.

> This Floyd episode has been pretty exhausting, what next.

Pretty terrible things happen when you give the sort of power to people who
cannot control their basist urges. In their fervor to "cure" cycling from
the effects of doping they are willing to destroy it root stem and leaf.

The more power you have the more careful you must be to wield it. If there's
the slightest question about fairness you've lost the fight right there. And
without a doubt WADA and the UCI have been completely unfair.

Tom Kunich

Aug 17, 2006, 10:35:54 PM8/17/06

> I'd love to be able to race, or even ride more, but my doctor just
> said "No road bike, no motorcycle, no running, no free weights, no
> working bent over, etc..."
> I'm still doing most of them, working kids races, officiating, and
> volunteering where I can, along with working a really physical job
> because I love to do those things, all while in major pain.
> If your healthy then don't ever take it for granted and enjoy the hell
> out of it.

Bill, it's the sort of thing you do that allows bicycle racing. There are
guys like you all over whether it's Tom Simonson or Casey Kerrigan or all of
the guys that worked so hard locally here to put on races despite an almost
pathetic lack of support by the racers themselves.

Although I too was a jackass to the BBC guy who was running the race the
first day I met him, it only took me one day to see how the hell much work
he did and how little respect he recieved for me to go and appologize to him
and forever after see these guys for what they were - the real heros of
bicycle racing.

Bill C

Aug 18, 2006, 6:19:47 PM8/18/06

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Bill, it's the sort of thing you do that allows bicycle racing. There are
> guys like you all over whether it's Tom Simonson or Casey Kerrigan or all of
> the guys that worked so hard locally here to put on races despite an almost
> pathetic lack of support by the racers themselves.
>
> Although I too was a jackass to the BBC guy who was running the race the
> first day I met him, it only took me one day to see how the hell much work
> he did and how little respect he recieved for me to go and appologize to him
> and forever after see these guys for what they were - the real heros of
> bicycle racing.

Hey Tom
We have so much fun, especially, with the kids races, and helping out
at Special Oympics cycling that we are more than payed back for any
effort we put in. Then I usually work a couple of really good races
with lots of good people, less since I can't motor right now, but have
a great time at those so as far as I'm concerned I get massive value
for what we do.
Hoping to expand the kids races quite a bit next year, and do more
Special Olympics stuff especially next year. Really want to get back to
Green Mountain next year too.
I still get out and do our club TTs and one of the local weekly
training races when I can.
I'd love to be able to race every week, but I'd bet I'm having more
fun than most people who are racing every week.
Gonna have a front row seat for Cross Nats again this year along with
some other serious races so in general life cycling life is still
pretty damn good.
What more can you ask for other than good races, good friends, and
happy kids?
Bill C

B. Lafferty

Aug 18, 2006, 7:32:57 PM8/18/06

"Bill C" <trito...@verizon.net> wrote in message

A basement that doesn't leak? :-)

Carl Sundquist

Aug 18, 2006, 8:42:18 PM8/18/06

>> What more can you ask for other than good races, good friends, and
>> happy kids?
>> Bill C
>
> A basement that doesn't leak? :-)

I'll bet Ullrich has a basement that doesn't leak.

Kurgan Gringioni

Aug 18, 2006, 9:21:58 PM8/18/06

Bill C wrote:

> Hoping to expand the kids races quite a bit next year, and do more
> Special Olympics stuff especially next year.

Dumbass -

I'm trying to reduce my Special Olympics participation.

http://www.soulinthemachine.com/archive/images/arguing.jpg

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

ST

Aug 18, 2006, 9:54:44 PM8/18/06
On 8/18/06 6:21 PM, in article
1155950518....@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

I gotta hand it to you Chang........
While when I read Special Olympics in that post the _prick_ side of me
thought of that picture.... I was not that much of an asshole to post it!
But I KNEW some asshole would get around to focusing on that.†ut this
quickly?!?!?!

It is official.. You do SUCK!

William Asher

Aug 19, 2006, 2:43:54 AM8/19/06
ST <n...@no.com> wrote in news:C10BBD73.1D1FEE%n...@no.com:

Ok, maybe, but this would be pretty fucking cool to see live:

http://tinyurl.com/kuec7

It would be like the video from Shredder Orpheus with the Metaphonics
redone on 40 mg of dexadrine, some decent blotter, and a 40-W
argon-krypton laser.

--
Bill Asher

Simon Brooke

Aug 19, 2006, 3:01:16 AM8/19/06
in message <J6sFg.10373$0e5....@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>, B.

Lafferty ('Ma...@Italia.com') wrote:

> "Bill C" <trito...@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>

>> What more can you ask for other than good races, good friends, and
>> happy kids?
>> Bill C
>
> A basement that doesn't leak? :-)

Yow 'ad a beasement? Eh, yow wore reet lucki. We 'ad t' mek do wi' a hole
i' th' road...

;; It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
;; Voltaire RIP Dr David Kelly 1945-2004

Donald Munro

Aug 19, 2006, 3:53:22 AM8/19/06

B. Lafferty wrote:
> A basement that doesn't leak? :-)

A lab that doesn't leak ?

B. Lafferty

Aug 19, 2006, 7:29:12 AM8/19/06

"Donald Munro" <fat-d...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Must you turn every thread into a drug thread?

Donald Munro

Aug 19, 2006, 11:39:20 AM8/19/06

B. Lafferty wrote:
> Must you turn every thread into a drug thread?

Headbutt.
Hug.