RBR's Jame Carney: A Cry for Help

Chria Hazlitt

Sep 5, 2000, 3:07:14 AM9/5/00
ROTFL!!

This is by far the most creative drivel I have ever read on RBR.

Chria

> [...]
>
> A day went by. Then another. The bathroom started to smell. It
> began to seem normal. The toilet bowl was a morass of rotten
> pulverized excrement and stale urine. I laughed when I looked at it.
> I didn't bother flushing any more.
>
> On the third day, possessed by an uncharacteristic resolve, I marched
> straight to the front office and timidly requested a plunger from
> the lady behind the counter. An elderly couple was checking in.
> The lady behind the counter bellowed,
>
> "JOSE!!!!! THIS GENTLEMAN CLOGGED HIS TOILET!!! HE NEEDS IT FIXED!!"
>
> Jose appeared out of nowhere. He understood instantly. He was on
> his way to the room before I could finish mumbling,
>
> "I... was thinking.... maybe I could just... borrow the plunger...".
>
> Nothing doing. "Room 104? I'll meet you over there!", he cried
> cheerfully. Then he was gone. Terrified, I hurried back to my room
> thinking, "no.... no..... no.... can't be.... can't let him see....".
> When I got there, the door was open. He beat me. He saw it.
>
> I was too mortified to look on directly while Jose did his work.
> But I was too curious to simply leave the room and go eat lunch at
> IHOP. So I stood there, pacing back and forth just out of sight of
> Jose and the plunger. In a short while I heard the reassuring
> sound of a toilet flushing. Clean, crisp. Final. Jose had won.
> I stood there shell-shocked as I realized, in the presence of a
> person of the Outside World (the world excluding my microcosm of
> a hotel room), what sort of perversion my life had become. Jose
> understood perfectly. As he breezed out of the room, he gave me
> a devilish grin and gleefully said "All set!!" while I stood there
> with my head bowed in complete humiliation and shame.
>
> Needless to say, the EDS cup was a complete disaster for me, but I
> don't need to go into that. It's really a foregone conclusion if
> you understand the nature of my mental collapse leading up to the
> Toilet Episode.
>
> Which brings me to our man of the hour, Jame Carney. I don't want
> this to happen to Jame. He's out there in Perth, Australia with
> nothing connecting him to this community save for a flimsy pair
> of copper telephone wires. He's asking for our help, goddamnit!
> This is a man who did a 167.5 mile solo training ride on 167.5 mm
> cranks, then wrote a story about it in which his three personalities
> battled for supremacy for 127 miles before he (Jame) won by virtue
> of the others being too tired to fight any more! Does that sound
> normal to you? He's vulnerable, I'm telling you, he's vulnerable
> to a Toilet Episode, and we can't let that happen to him! So, I
> say to you, fellow citizens, Jame Carney is asking for your help,
> and you must do all in your power to send your love over those
> copper wires so that our boy arrives in Sydney sound of mind, body
> and spirit.
>
> There, I've just done my part, I emailed him a nude photo of that
> high jumper, Amy Acuff. Now it's up to you all.

Jim Flom

Sep 5, 2000, 6:45:40 AM9/5/00

"ken.papai" wrote...

> I don't get it.

Of course you don't get it. So what else is new?

ScottV

Sep 5, 2000, 8:11:59 AM9/5/00
Now I know why I stuck with road racing. I'm just to normal to ride on the
track.

Anyone want to buy a 55 cm Marinoni track bike?

ScottV

Ryan M. Crissey

Sep 5, 2000, 9:51:12 AM9/5/00
>For Ryan "The Recliner" Crissey:

Scott, thank you.

Dave, priceless. What more could I have expected from you? Next time you are
in Plano, call me, and I'll take you down to Dallas.

Jame, snap out of it. You've got a medal to win.

Ryan Crissey

Ryan M. Crissey

Sep 5, 2000, 9:53:00 AM9/5/00
John Walrod wrote:

>do you really have a nude pic of that chick? can i see it?

Funny, John Walrod didn't sign his post. I wonder if it is really John Walrod,
or somebody posing as John Walrod.

Ryan Crissey

Adam Hodges Myerson

Sep 5, 2000, 10:49:28 AM9/5/00

If I ever had a positive test, I'd tell 'em my name was John Walrod. Sort of
like when the cops grab you when you're a kid up to no good, you give 'em your
friends name.

Adam

Adam Hodges Myerson-<amye...@REMOVETHISaol.com>
"I am a man more sinned against than sinning."
http://www.cycle-smart.com/ -My work
http://members.aol.com/amyerson/ -My homepage
http://www.noho.com/ncc/ -The Northampton Cycling Club

Andrew Albright

Sep 5, 2000, 10:58:16 AM9/5/00
Adam Hodges Myerson wrote:

> >John Walrod wrote:
> >
> >>do you really have a nude pic of that chick? can i see it?
> >>

> >Funny, John Walrod didn't sign his post. I wonder if it is really John
> >Walrod,
> >or somebody posing as John Walrod
>
> If I ever had a positive test, I'd tell 'em my name was John Walrod. Sort of
> like when the cops grab you when you're a kid up to no good, you give 'em your
> friends name.

That's funny because when I rent porn, my account name is 'John Walrod'. You
have no idea how many times John Walrod has rented 'Long Dong Silver'.

I hope Walrod never tries to run for the Supreme Court.

Andrew Albright

Bob Schwartz

Sep 5, 2000, 12:12:46 PM9/5/00
Dave Bailey wrote:

> Fellow citizens:
>
> Our boy Jame Carney, Captain Insaino, is stranded in Perth preparing
> for the Olympic Points Race. He's alone out there with nothing but
> his own thoughts to keep him company.
>
> This reminds me of an embarrassing story.
>
> [ Toilet Episode deleted ]

> Needless to say, the EDS cup was a complete disaster for me, but I
> don't need to go into that. It's really a foregone conclusion if
> you understand the nature of my mental collapse leading up to the
> Toilet Episode.

Hey, I guess Eddy B was right about Dove Bars. This isn't the first
case I've heard of them being the gateway to an IHOP obsession.

> Which brings me to our man of the hour, Jame Carney. I don't want
> this to happen to Jame. He's out there in Perth, Australia with
> nothing connecting him to this community save for a flimsy pair
> of copper telephone wires. He's asking for our help, goddamnit!
> This is a man who did a 167.5 mile solo training ride on 167.5 mm
> cranks, then wrote a story about it in which his three personalities
> battled for supremacy for 127 miles before he (Jame) won by virtue
> of the others being too tired to fight any more! Does that sound
> normal to you? He's vulnerable, I'm telling you, he's vulnerable
> to a Toilet Episode, and we can't let that happen to him! So, I
> say to you, fellow citizens, Jame Carney is asking for your help,
> and you must do all in your power to send your love over those
> copper wires so that our boy arrives in Sydney sound of mind, body
> and spirit.

Wow. We're lucking he was mixing his units of measurement. If he'd have
gone all metric he'd have ridden 167.5 km on 167.5 cranks and the ride
would have been over while the battle was still being fought.

Was the story as good as Adam's "Too Tired to Screw" article for Ride
Magazine?

> There, I've just done my part, I emailed him a nude photo of that
> high jumper, Amy Acuff. Now it's up to you all.

Hell, if that's all it takes I'll get right on a photo-manip of that
trackie that PStratford's getting wood over. Maybe boob cutouts in
the lycra. Gotta get the shading right...

Bob Schwartz
cv...@execpc.com

Jay2Yew

Sep 5, 2000, 12:56:45 PM9/5/00
damn,
firstly, that wasn't me, it was Dave Bailey posting as me - i hate that guy.
Second - c'mon Adam, Why you gotta bring a brother down?

>Funny, John Walrod didn't sign his post. I wonder if it is really John
>Walrod,
>or somebody posing as John Walrod

If I ever had a positive test, I'd tell 'em my name was John Walrod. Sort of
like when the cops grab you when you're a kid up to no good, you give 'em your
friends name.

Adam

Adam Hodges Myerson-<amye...@REMOVETHISaol.com>
john walrod

Rock Chalk Rick

Sep 5, 2000, 4:22:06 PM9/5/00
"ken.papai" <ken....@mciworld.com> wrote in message

> Dave Bailey <da...@sydney.daveb.net> ...

> > In April 1999 I freaked out and went to Plano, Texas and lived in an
> > extended stay hotel for like three weeks before the EDS cup there.
>
> Does Dave want to win September SSotM without opposition?!!
> Otherwise, square me, I don't get it.
> --

I was thinking anyone involved in the MLCC vs PCA thread should get a group
nomination. I think we need a whole new category for Dave's post.

Jim Flom

Sep 5, 2000, 5:01:24 PM9/5/00

"Rock Chalk Rick" wrote...

> I was thinking anyone involved in the MLCC vs PCA thread should get a
group
> nomination.

That would've been a perfectly good thread had not Judge Brian Lafferty made
his move. Lafferty gets a strong early season nomination for SSoM of
September.

Jim Flom

Bill Lloyd

Sep 5, 2000, 10:06:45 PM9/5/00
Dave,

"Dave Bailey" <da...@sydney.daveb.net> wrote in message

> One day I clogged the toilet with a particularly massive load of
> feces. I saw no fewer than fourteen IHOP meals crammed together in
> that enormous pile of dung. It was exhilarating, yet disheartening
> because I knew no amount of flushing was going to take care of the
> problem - and I had gotten so unaccustomed to venturing outside the
> room, I couldn't even conceive of going to the front desk to ask for
> a plunger. So I just kept flushing, and flushing, and flushing. And
> nothing happened.

To think I shared a room with you on race weekends during our Stanford days.
Only now have I realized how incredibly lucky I was to have been spared the
wrath of your overachieving colon. Wow.

I also wonder if somehow the tremendous vacuum created by the "birth"
somehow pulled the pigment from your hair?

-B

Carl Sundquist

Sep 6, 2000, 12:13:34 AM9/6/00
Bill Lloyd wrote:

> I also wonder if somehow the tremendous vacuum created by the "birth"
> somehow pulled the pigment from your hair?

That reminds me of some bathroom graffiti I once saw:

"Here I sit
Cheeks a-flexin'
Givin' birth
To another Texan."

dave_...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 2000, 1:58:27 AM9/6/00
In article <39B5C422...@earthlink.net>,

Damn carl ..that will get some kinda response from the Texas contingency
hopefully Danny Wilson isn't around...
Dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Andrew Vernon Albright

Sep 6, 2000, 6:26:45 AM9/6/00
dave_...@my-deja.com wrote:

: Damn carl ..that will get some kinda response from the Texas contingency

: hopefully Danny Wilson isn't around...
: Dave

.or fans of that sandbagger Al Whitely. I hear that he is going to start
a new training service for sandbaggers and charge more than Chris
Carmichael. It is going to be called sandbagger.com. (Not to be confused
with httP://www.teabagger.com run by Rob Palachickski)

Andrew Albright

Carl Sundquist

Sep 6, 2000, 8:22:40 AM9/6/00
dave_...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Damn carl ..that will get some kinda response from the Texas contingency
> hopefully Danny Wilson isn't around...

I'm not worried about Danny Wilson, it's Big Dan Connelly I'm a-feared of.

John Verheul

Sep 6, 2000, 9:20:25 AM9/6/00
Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> That reminds me of some bathroom graffiti I once saw:
>
> "Here I sit
> Cheeks a-flexin'
> Givin' birth
> To another Texan."

It's amazing how smug you can be when you know nothing rhymes
with "Arkansas".

John Verheul

Adam Hodges Myerson

Sep 6, 2000, 10:31:21 AM9/6/00
>It's amazing how smug you can be when you know nothing rhymes
>with "Arkansas".
>
>John Verheul

Really?

I let out
A big guffaw
remembering Carl's
From Arkansas.

Or, for the phoenetically challenged:

Carl often wonders
Why no one can stand us
Just because
we're from Arkansas.

Thank you, thank you. Thank you all, I love you.
Adam

Adam Hodges Myerson-<amye...@REMOVETHISaol.com>

Carl Sundquist

Sep 6, 2000, 11:38:19 AM9/6/00
John Verheul wrote:

> In article <39B5C422...@earthlink.net>,
> Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > That reminds me of some bathroom graffiti I once saw:
> >
> > "Here I sit
> > Cheeks a-flexin'
> > Givin' birth
> > To another Texan."
>
> It's amazing how smug you can be when you know nothing rhymes
> with "Arkansas".

Remember, I'm not a native...

breil...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 2000, 11:53:07 AM9/6/00
In article <39B5C422...@earthlink.net>,
Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Must have been when you were traveling out of state. Have to have
walls first.

Typical Arkansas bathroom:
http://www.extremejokes.com/001.html

John Verheul

Sep 6, 2000, 11:59:57 AM9/6/00
In article <20000906103121...@ng-cl1.aol.com>,

amye...@aol.comANTISPAM (Adam Hodges Myerson) wrote:
> >It's amazing how smug you can be when you know nothing rhymes
> >with "Arkansas".
> >

> Really?
>
> I let out
> A big guffaw
> remembering Carl's
> From Arkansas.
>
> Or, for the phoenetically challenged:
>
> Carl often wonders
> Why no one can stand us
> Just because
> we're from Arkansas.
>
> Thank you, thank you. Thank you all, I love you.

This confirms it: You really are funnier since your skull got cracked.

John Verheul

p.s. - Remember to tip your waitress.

breil...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 2000, 12:02:18 PM9/6/00
In article <39B5C422...@earthlink.net>,
Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Funny that someone that comes from a state whose only bragging right
is "Home of Clinton" would think it ok to knock those from a
neighboring state, especially one that adds value to our economy and
society as a whole.

Bill

Adam Hodges Myerson

Sep 6, 2000, 12:52:00 PM9/6/00
>Funny that someone that comes from a state whose only bragging right
>is "Home of Clinton" would think it ok to knock those from a
>neighboring state, especially one that adds value to our economy and
>society as a whole.
>
>Bill

Really? This is from my wife, who's a native Texan. Don't know her sources,
though:

> The State of Texas is ranked:
>
>50th in spending for teachers'
> salaries
>49th in spending on the environment
>48th in per-capita funding for
> public health
>47th in delivery of social services
>42nd in child-support collections
>41st in per-capita spending on
> public education
>
> and ...
>
>5th in percentage of population
> living in poverty
>1st in air and water pollution
>1st in percentage of poor working
> parents without
> insurance
>1st in percentage of children
> without health insurance
>1st in executions (average 1 every 2
> weeks for Bush's 5 years as Governor)

scott patton

Sep 6, 2000, 12:48:53 PM9/6/00

Oh shit....here we go! AK vs TX!

From a cycling standpoint....TX has 2 tracks, produced Lance, Chan
and others....

TX has also produced some of the worlds worst drivers... just
based on their snow driving ability here in Colorado.

Then again, I dont see many AK plates in Colorado, but for some
reason, TX plates are EVERYWHERE.... why is everybody leaving?

Scott
Awaiting the recliners response ;-)

kevin_m...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 2000, 12:55:59 PM9/6/00
In article <39B66483...@earthlink.net>,

Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> John Verheul wrote:
>
> > In article <39B5C422...@earthlink.net>,
> > Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > > That reminds me of some bathroom graffiti I once saw:
> > >
> > > "Here I sit
> > > Cheeks a-flexin'
> > > Givin' birth
> > > To another Texan."
> >
> > It's amazing how smug you can be when you know nothing rhymes
> > with "Arkansas".
>
> Remember, I'm not a native...

Then you chose Arkansas...

--
Kevin Metcalfe
kevin_m...@my-deja.com

Carl Sundquist

Sep 6, 2000, 2:00:28 PM9/6/00
breil...@my-deja.com wrote:

> In article <39B5C422...@earthlink.net>,
> Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Bill Lloyd wrote:
> >
> > > I also wonder if somehow the tremendous vacuum created by
> the "birth"
> > > somehow pulled the pigment from your hair?
> >
> > That reminds me of some bathroom graffiti I once saw:
> >
> > "Here I sit
> > Cheeks a-flexin'
> > Givin' birth
> > To another Texan."
>
> Funny that someone that comes from a state whose only bragging right
> is "Home of Clinton" would think it ok to knock those from a
> neighboring state, especially one that adds value to our economy and
> society as a whole.

To qualify that even further, I live in Ft Smith, who's best known
attractions/historical venues are a gallows and a whorehouse ("The
Hanging Judge" Issac Parker's courthouse and Miss Laura's).

Carl Sundquist

Sep 6, 2000, 2:03:08 PM9/6/00
scott patton wrote:

> Oh shit....here we go! AK vs TX!
>
> From a cycling standpoint....TX has 2 tracks, produced Lance, Chan
> and others....
>
> TX has also produced some of the worlds worst drivers... just
> based on their snow driving ability here in Colorado.
>
> Then again, I dont see many AK plates in Colorado, but for some
> reason, TX plates are EVERYWHERE.... why is everybody leaving?

Arkansas also is lacking for identity: AK is Alaska, and AR is not the
abbreviation for Arizona.

Tom Kunich

Sep 6, 2000, 2:32:23 PM9/6/00
"John Verheul" <John.an...@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

And remember that tipping a waitress ain't the same as tipping a cow.

Tom Kunich

Sep 6, 2000, 2:33:39 PM9/6/00
<breil...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> In article <39B5C422...@earthlink.net>,
> Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > Bill Lloyd wrote:
> >
> > > I also wonder if somehow the tremendous vacuum created by
> the "birth"
> > > somehow pulled the pigment from your hair?
> >
> > That reminds me of some bathroom graffiti I once saw:
> >
> > "Here I sit
> > Cheeks a-flexin'
> > Givin' birth
> > To another Texan."
>

> Funny that someone that comes from a state whose only bragging right
> is "Home of Clinton" would think it ok to knock those from a
> neighboring state, especially one that adds value to our economy and
> society as a whole.

Or for the humor impaired: "You got me dead square."

Carl Sundquist

Sep 6, 2000, 2:38:43 PM9/6/00
kevin_m...@my-deja.com wrote:

> > > It's amazing how smug you can be when you know nothing rhymes
> > > with "Arkansas".
> >
> > Remember, I'm not a native...
> >

> Then you chose Arkansas...

Not exactly. It was like being drafted.

vc_...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 2000, 2:32:12 PM9/6/00
In article <39B5C422...@earthlink.net>,
Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> That reminds me of some bathroom graffiti I once saw:
>
> "Here I sit
> Cheeks a-flexin'
> Givin' birth
> To another Texan."

Droll troll. BTW, works better with Alaska.

More in line with the thread, Chevy Chase starred in the 1983
movie "Deal of the Century" where he ended up in a hotel room nextdoor
to a guy that had been waiting, never leaving his room in 3 weeks, for
an important phone call. The second after the guy finally cracks up and
commits suicide, the phone rings of course, and Chevy answers it.
You'll have to rent it to find out what else happens.

scott patton

Sep 6, 2000, 2:42:38 PM9/6/00
In article <39B68672...@earthlink.net>,

I stand corrected, and apologize to the Eskimos!

Scott

1sa...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 2000, 3:28:07 PM9/6/00
I haven't had much time to check this newsgroup out lately. I've had to
pick and choose threads to quickly read. Glad I picked this one.

In article <slrn8r81r...@sydney.daveb.net>,

da...@sydney.daveb.net (Dave Bailey) wrote:
> Fellow citizens:
>
> Our boy Jame Carney, Captain Insaino, is stranded in Perth preparing
> for the Olympic Points Race. He's alone out there with nothing but
> his own thoughts to keep him company.
>
> This reminds me of an embarrassing story.

dave_...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 2000, 3:36:03 PM9/6/00
In article <39B685D0...@earthlink.net>,

And the address for Ms. Laura's is?
Dave

John Verheul

Sep 6, 2000, 3:42:34 PM9/6/00
In article <slrn8r81r...@sydney.daveb.net>,
da...@sydney.daveb.net (Dave Bailey) wrote:
> Fellow citizens:
<blah blah blah J-hyphen-Me blah blah blah>

> One day I clogged the toilet with a particularly massive load of
> feces. I saw no fewer than fourteen IHOP meals crammed together in
> that enormous pile of dung. It was exhilarating, yet disheartening
> because I knew no amount of flushing was going to take care of the
> problem - and I had gotten so unaccustomed to venturing outside the
> room, I couldn't even conceive of going to the front desk to ask for
> a plunger. So I just kept flushing, and flushing, and flushing. And
> nothing happened
<Blah blah blah>

I would just like to point out that despite the excessive namedropping
('I'm friends with a Carney and you're not even if your sister-in-law
bought his old bike and he poured water on you during the climb of some
stupid crit in 1989 after he dropped out') this is an authentic bike
racing story. You can always tell an authentic bike racing story by the
fact that they invariably focus on feces. I just wanted everyone to
know that so that they can spot inauthenticity as easily as I can.

John Verheul

Ken Prager

Sep 6, 2000, 4:20:35 PM9/6/00
In article <20000906125200...@ng-cl1.aol.com>,

amye...@aol.comANTISPAM (Adam Hodges Myerson) wrote:

>Really? This is from my wife, who's a native Texan. Don't know her sources,
>though:
>
>> The State of Texas is ranked:
>>
>>50th in spending for teachers'
>> salaries
>>49th in spending on the environment
>>48th in per-capita funding for
>> public health
>>47th in delivery of social services
>>42nd in child-support collections
>>41st in per-capita spending on
>> public education
>>
>> and ...
>>
>>5th in percentage of population
>> living in poverty
>>1st in air and water pollution
>>1st in percentage of poor working
>> parents without
>> insurance
>>1st in percentage of children
>> without health insurance
>>1st in executions (average 1 every 2
>> weeks for Bush's 5 years as Governor)

And your point is? Please, no more "Bush for President" posts!

Ryan M. Crissey

Sep 6, 2000, 4:40:03 PM9/6/00
>.or fans of that sandbagger Al Whitely. I hear that he is going to start
>a new training service for sandbaggers and charge more than Chris
>Carmichael. It is going to be called sandbagger.com. (Not to be confused
>with httP://www.teabagger.com run by Rob Palachickski)

Actually, Al Whaley is not doing that until after he finishes competing in
Sydney. Personally, I think it is impressive that a guy can do 2 crits a year
for a couple years, and win them all. If only he had done more, he could have
hit the minimum to upgrade. Damn USCF Rep.

Ryan Crissey

Ryan M. Crissey

Sep 6, 2000, 4:42:18 PM9/6/00
>Damn carl ..that will get some kinda response from the Texas contingency
>hopefully Danny Wilson isn't around...

I for one, actually thought it was funny, considering Dave was in Texas.

Ryan Crissey

jb...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 2000, 4:37:11 PM9/6/00
In article <8p5655$c4u$3...@netnews.upenn.edu>,

half...@dolphin.upenn.edu (Andrew Vernon Halfbright) wrote:

> .or fans of that sandbagger Al Whitely. I hear that he is going to
start
> a new training service for sandbaggers and charge more than Chris
> Carmichael. It is going to be called sandbagger.com. (Not to be
confused
> with httP://www.teabagger.com run by Rob Palachickski)
>

> Andrew Halfright

And now Al went all the way to England just to find an easy race to
sandbag!

http://www.worldmasters.freeserve.co.uk/m40-44res.htm

Jonathan Babiak (Austin, Texas)

Tom Kunich

Sep 6, 2000, 4:53:11 PM9/6/00
We just saw
That Carl's Pa
Never came from Arkansas
There oughta be a law.

<kevin_m...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Tom Kunich

Sep 6, 2000, 5:02:47 PM9/6/00
"Adam Hodges Myerson" <amye...@aol.comANTISPAM> wrote in message

> >Funny that someone that comes from a state whose only bragging right
> >is "Home of Clinton" would think it ok to knock those from a
> >neighboring state, especially one that adds value to our economy and
> >society as a whole.
> >
> >Bill
>
> Really? This is from my wife, who's a native Texan. Don't know her
sources,
> though:
>
> >1st in executions (average 1 every 2
> > weeks for Bush's 5 years as Governor)

I'm not against this Adam as long as the trials were conducted properly and
people aren't killed on circumstantial evidence. Though southern states seem
to have a long history of using circumstantial evidence in capital
punishment cases.

For those who like to say, "All capital punishment cases have some
circumstantial evidence" I say that there is no reason to believe that a
case cannot be iron clad with some circumstantial evidence for minor details
in a case. Murderers and rapists should reap what they sew. But in a
civilized society we should make every effort to make certain that innocent
people are NOT convicted of crimes due to over-zealousness of public
officials or police officers who stand to gain from high arrest or
conviction rates and who are sometimes willing to wrongfully convict someone
who they believe is guilty regardless of a lack of evidence.

Andrew Vernon Albright

Sep 6, 2000, 5:37:16 PM9/6/00
jb...@my-deja.com wrote:

: Jonathan Babiak (Austin, Texas)

How unfortunate, you are a) from Texas, b) a fan of master's racing, and
c) a sanbagger-fan. 3 strikes and you are out.

Andrew Vernon Albright
(not related to K. Vern)

breil...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 2000, 5:34:42 PM9/6/00
In article <39B685D0...@earthlink.net>,

Well, in that case, maybe at least Ft. Smith has some redeeming values.

Carl Sundquist

Sep 6, 2000, 5:41:39 PM9/6/00
dave_...@my-deja.com wrote:

> > To qualify that even further, I live in Ft Smith, who's best known
> > attractions/historical venues are a gallows and a whorehouse ("The
> > Hanging Judge" Issac Parker's courthouse and Miss Laura's).
>
> And the address for Ms. Laura's is?

It's now the local Chamber of Commerce, where they revel in its former
glory.

Carl Sundquist

Sep 6, 2000, 5:43:16 PM9/6/00
Tom Kunich wrote:

> We just saw
> That Carl's Pa
> Never came from Arkansas
> There oughta be a law.

That's getting better.

Carl's Ma never came from Arkansas, either.

breil...@my-deja.com

Sep 6, 2000, 5:40:42 PM9/6/00
In article <39B5C422...@earthlink.net>,
Carl Sundquist <car...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Bill Lloyd wrote:
>
> > I also wonder if somehow the tremendous vacuum created by
the "birth"
> > somehow pulled the pigment from your hair?
>
> That reminds me of some bathroom graffiti I once saw:
>
> "Here I sit
> Cheeks a-flexin'
> Givin' birth
> To another Texan."

Did you hear about the New 3 Million Dollar Arkansas State Lottery?
The winner gets 3 dollars a year for a million years.

What do a Divorce in Arkansas, and a Tornado have in common?
Somebody's gonna lose a trailer.

Why do folks from Arkansas go to the movie theater in groups of
18 or more? 17 and under not admitted.

What do you get when you have 32 Arkansans in the same room?
A full set of teeth.

Why did OJ Simpson want to move to Arkansas?
Everyone has the same DNA.

Did you hear that the governor's mansion in Arkansas burned down?
Almost took out the whole trailer park.

A new law was recently passed in Arkansas: when a couple
gets divorced, they're still brother and sister.

**************************
Two Arkansans are walking down different ends of a street toward
each other and one is carrying a sack. When they meet, one
says, "Hey Tommy Ray, what'cha got in th' bag?"

"Jus' some chickens."

"If I guess how many there are, can I have one?"

"I'll give you both of them."

"OK. Ummmmm......, five?"

******************
The Arkansan and his gal were embracing passionately in the front
seat of the car. "Want to go in the back seat?" she asked.
"No," he replied.

A few minutes later she asked, "Now do you want to get in the back
seat?"

"No," he said again, "I wanna stay here in the front seat with you."

Bill
your welcome

Brendan Quirk

Sep 6, 2000, 6:11:39 PM9/6/00

> Did you hear about the New 3 Million Dollar Arkansas State Lottery?
> The winner gets 3 dollars a year for a million years.

I know I'm asking for it by stating the obvious, but -- No respect for
AR even tho' yr US amateur Natl champ & Espoir Natl champ are both on an
Arkansan team?

--
Brendan Quirk
http://www.bikeseller.com

Ken Papai

Sep 6, 2000, 7:00:06 PM9/6/00
alb...@dolphin.upenn.edu (Andrew Vernon Albright) writes:

>jb...@my-deja.com wrote:

>: Jonathan Babiak (Austin, Texas)

>How unfortunate, you are a) from Texas, b) a fan of master's racing, and

>c) a san[d]bagger-fan. 3 strikes and you are out.

>Andrew Vernon Albright
>(not related to K. Vern)

Andrew's getting funnier and funnier... he must've been
hit by the funny stick -- Dolphin-safe Vernon!

- I raced only ONE Masters race this year, found it less
cut-throat (ie., boring) than the 3's and never went back.
- I MOVED from Texas to California before Lance won Worlds.
- I do not appreciate sandbaggers either.

--
Ken Papai Marin County, California
k...@kenpapai.com http://www.rahul.net/kpapai

Carl Sundquist

Sep 6, 2000, 7:40:12 PM9/6/00
breil...@my-deja.com wrote:

> Did you hear that the governor's mansion in Arkansas burned down?
> Almost took out the whole trailer park.

The irony to that joke is that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and his
wife are actually living in a triple-wide (that's a 3 trailer-wide mobile
home, for those of you not familiar with trailer parlance) on the grounds
of the Governor's Mansion while renovations take place to the house
itself.

Bikerecker

Sep 6, 2000, 10:20:38 PM9/6/00
>The irony to that joke is that Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee and his
>wife are actually living in a triple-wide (that's a 3 trailer-wide mobile
>home, for those of you not familiar with trailer parlance) on the grounds

You didn't say anything about the fact that huckabee is a preacher. A babdist
one.

The triple wide is pretty posh, tho. Cost em 99K. It's called: Eagle Pointe.
The trailer is.

Was in AR last weekend. It was 107. Good god it's hard to ride when it's
that hot. But it was kinda fun.

Greg Miller

Jim Quinn

Sep 6, 2000, 11:43:54 PM9/6/00
> Masters Worlds Update: Al Whaley, yes the Al Whaley from Texas, won
> the Worlds Masters 750m TT with a time of 50.415s, almost 2 seconds
> faster than his nearest competitor.
>
> Just thought you'd like to know. :)
>
> Bill
>
> Proud to be a Texan

Way to go Al, tear em up in Sydney. Southern Elite rules!!

Ken Papai

Sep 7, 2000, 1:40:12 AM9/7/00
Danny of course is right.

Why I say boring?

Because it is like this -- which Cat. 1 Masters will win today?
Why even have categories?? A strong Cat. 3 gets eaten alive
in Masters racing. I love my local Masters racers but I'd
like to see Cat 1's race with the 1's not the 1/2/3's....

I know talented Cat. 2 Masters. They usually get waxxed by
the Cat. 1 stud 35+ Masters. C'est la vie. Nothing changes.

My coach of several years was a Cat. 1 for 10 years (1980-90).
He's now a Cat. 2 since he took 4 years off. He won like
150 races and got so bored with winning (mostly on the track)
that he retired. He has never won a Masters race.

Danny Callen

Sep 7, 2000, 7:56:41 AM9/7/00

"Ken Papai" <kpa...@rahul.net> wrote in message

> Danny of course is right.
>
> Why I say boring?
>
> Because it is like this -- which Cat. 1 Masters will win today?
> Why even have categories?? A strong Cat. 3 gets eaten alive
> in Masters racing. I love my local Masters racers but I'd
> like to see Cat 1's race with the 1's not the 1/2/3's....
>
> I know talented Cat. 2 Masters. They usually get waxxed by
> the Cat. 1 stud 35+ Masters. C'est la vie. Nothing changes.
>
> My coach of several years was a Cat. 1 for 10 years (1980-90).
> He's now a Cat. 2 since he took 4 years off. He won like
> 150 races and got so bored with winning (mostly on the track)
> that he retired. He has never won a Masters race.
>
> --
> Ken Papai Marin County, California

Ok. Now I get where you're coming from...
In New England there are quite a few Cat.1's and 2's that race Masters and
still are quite active in the 1,2 races as well. Maybe there aren't as many
as
California. It is definately possible to win as a Cat. III in New England
with
a strong Team. (I will guarantee if you win, there is at least one Cat. 1
close
behind). Anyway, plenty of Cat. III's are aged Cat. II's that have
downgraded.
It is at least for now still very competitive and fun.

Danny Callen

Tom Kunich

Sep 7, 2000, 11:32:46 AM9/7/00
"Carl Sundquist" <car...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

And like all Chambers of Commerce act in a like manner.

jb...@my-deja.com

Sep 7, 2000, 12:22:30 PM9/7/00
In article <8p6dec$e4c$2...@netnews.upenn.edu>,

half...@dolphin.upenn.edu (Andrew Vernon Alwaysright) wrote:
> jb...@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> : Jonathan Babiak (Austin, Texas)
>
> How unfortunate, you are a) from Texas, b) a fan of master's racing,
and
> c) a sanbagger-fan. 3 strikes and you are out.
>
> Andrew Vernon Halfbright
> (related to K.Y. Vern)

Actually, Drewster, I only "live" in Texas. I'm "from" Jenkintown,
Pennsylvania, but I left the Gloom Belt over twenty years ago.

I'm "out"? I never realized I was "in."

Jonathan Babiak (Austin, Texas)

Ryan M. Crissey

Sep 8, 2000, 9:56:55 AM9/8/00
>Oh shit....here we go! AK vs TX!

Yee Haw

>From a cycling standpoint....TX has 2 tracks, produced Lance, Chan
>and others....

Yeah. So there.

>TX has also produced some of the worlds worst drivers... just
>based on their snow driving ability here in Colorado.

If God had meant for Texans to ski, he would have made bull shi_ white.

>Then again, I dont see many AK plates in Colorado, but for some
>reason, TX plates are EVERYWHERE.... why is everybody leaving?

We aren't leaving. We just have enough money to go on vacation.

>Awaiting the recliners response ;-)

Done.

Ryan Crissey

hendric...@hotmail.com

Sep 8, 2000, 11:15:02 AM9/8/00
In article <20000908095655...@ng-fv1.aol.com>,

Don't mean to nitpick, but there's a reason you don't see too many 'AK'
plates in Colorado. Not many drivers from ALASKA!!! AK = Alaska AR =
Arkansas. D'uh...

Carl Sundquist

Sep 8, 2000, 2:49:03 PM9/8/00
I'm waiting for Bailey to grace us with the story of how he got to know
Jamie.

In this case, truth is stranger than fiction.

N. Peter Armitage

Sep 8, 2000, 8:04:34 AM9/8/00

Carl Sundquist wrote:

Hasn't Paul Swift posted here before?

-P

scott patton

Sep 8, 2000, 4:01:55 PM9/8/00

Well, if:

o Ryan quoted properly
o You had read the rest of this thread
o any other number of things

You would know it was ME who said AK for Arkansas, I hve already
been corrected, and I have already aplogized to the eskimos.

Scott