TDF Rider List

Peoples Republic of Hoffman Estates

Jun 19, 2006, 2:28:28 PM6/19/06
The provisional rider list has been posted.

http://www.letour.fr/2006/TDF/RIDERS/us/engages.html

Mark

Jun 19, 2006, 5:40:05 PM6/19/06
Peoples Republic of Hoffman Estates wrote:

> The provisional rider list has been posted.
>
> http://www.letour.fr/2006/TDF/RIDERS/us/engages.html

Wow. Ekimov is riding the Tour again. Can't find letour.fr's rider
archive - how many starts is this for Ekimov? A record?

Mark

Geraard Spergen

Jun 19, 2006, 5:56:23 PM6/19/06
Mark wrote:

> Wow. Ekimov is riding the Tour again. Can't find letour.fr's rider
> archive - how many starts is this for Ekimov? A record?

Eki's had 14 starts, this'll be #15. Joop Sweetmilk has the record with 16.

Tuschinski

Jun 19, 2006, 6:02:50 PM6/19/06

Nope

Zoetemelk has 16 starts
Van Impe+Guy Nulens 15 starts
Viatcheslav Ekimov+Raymond Poulidor+Sean Kelly+André Darrigade

Ekimov and Nulens are the little guys amongs these big stars(okay
Nulens was even less visible as Ekimov)

Amusing facts (they surprise me):
Ullrich isn't among the five youngest winners.
Lance was older than Joop was in 1980 when he won his last tour.
Fastest TT: Greg Lemond in Paris

Not so surprising:

Hinault was the best in Contre le Monte (he won 20 TT's in the TdF)
Usa had 31 stage wins. 20 of those by Lance.
Usa had 13 podium spots, of wich there were 10 wins

Mark

Jun 19, 2006, 6:02:34 PM6/19/06
Geraard Spergen wrote:

Very cool. After returning from retirement - even cooler.

Mark

Andre

Jun 19, 2006, 7:27:52 PM6/19/06

Too bad, I thought Van Huffel would start his first Tour.

Tom Kunich

Jun 20, 2006, 9:06:23 PM6/20/06
"Tuschinski" <lok...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Amusing facts (they surprise me):
Ullrich isn't among the five youngest winners.
Lance was older than Joop was in 1980 when he won his last tour.
Fastest TT: Greg Lemond in Paris

Not so surprising:

Hinault was the best in Contre le Monte (he won 20 TT's in the TdF)
Usa had 31 stage wins. 20 of those by Lance.
Usa had 13 podium spots, of wich there were 10 wins

So if we listen to the group here the aero stuff has gone WAY downhill since
Greg raced.