WOW

MagillaGorilla

Sep 3, 2006, 10:34:38 PM9/3/06
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPRO06/USPRO062/JD_06usproRR017
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPRO06/USPRO062/JD_06usproRR009
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPRO06/USPRO062/JD_06usproRR006
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPRO06/USPRO062/JD_06usproRR021
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPRO06/USPRO062/JD_06usproRR008
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPRO06/USPRO062/JD_06usproRR026

Look at the crowd going crazy during the race. The promoters must have
paid a fortune for extra police security to keep all the fans off the
course.

Philadelphia USPRO never had this many crazy fans in any of its editions.

Nice move USA Cycling. I can't wait to read the press release on how the
race brought in $70 million in tourism revenue and "economic
development" to Greenville, SC.

Take care,

Magilla

b...@mambo.ucolick.org

Sep 4, 2006, 12:36:40 AM9/4/06

Apeface,

I don't see how the Manayunk Wall or Lemon Hill could
compete with this crowd scene:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?id=/photos/2006/aug06/USPRO06/USPRO062/JD_06usproRR016

For once I'm in complete agreement with you. WTF is USAC
up to? Having a US-only race doesn't seem worth screwing
over Philly. I assume this was also driven by some kind of
obscure insider political/money agenda, but have no clue
what it is. I hope Philly can keep going anyway. I haven't
been able to make it there in a while but I'll make a better
effort to get there next June if it will spite USAC.

Ben

MagillaGorilla

Sep 4, 2006, 1:14:38 AM9/4/06
b...@mambo.ucolick.org wrote:

Just look at that photo. Jesus Christ. The only way to salvage the
Greenville championships is if somehow Georgio can convince Lance to get
Paris Hilton to stand atop the Paris Mountain KOM topless with her
nipples painted in polka-dots and the KOM winner gets to tap her and
then post the video on cyclingnews.

Other than that, they need to put this race in a city that has more
college graduates than people convicted of incest.

Apeface

dupedc...@aol.com

Sep 4, 2006, 1:19:22 AM9/4/06

and a city with more running cars than inoperable ones.

Joe King

Sep 4, 2006, 1:35:38 AM9/4/06
..and a city with less NASCAR fans.