Tour de France, stage 2 summary

Bob Martin

Jul 6, 2008, 12:42:26 PM7/6/08

Total retirements : 1

trek 2300

Jul 6, 2008, 4:37:21 PM7/6/08

keep it up Bob !

Benjo Maso

Jul 6, 2008, 5:50:26 PM7/6/08

"Bob Martin" <bob.m...@excite.com> schreef in bericht
news:SB6ck.21838$E41....@text.news.virginmedia.com...

Do you really consider riders like Hincapie or Voigt to be favourites, and
not Riccò or Andy Schleck (runner up in the Giro's of 2007 and 2008)?

Benjo

Tom Kunich

Jul 6, 2008, 6:24:02 PM7/6/08
"Benjo Maso" <benjo...@chello.nl> wrote in message

> Do you really consider riders like Hincapie or Voigt to be favourites, and
> not Riccò or Andy Schleck (runner up in the Giro's of 2007 and 2008)?

Benjo, Bob Martin is just working the statistics which change as the race
progresses.

RicodJour

Jul 6, 2008, 6:32:35 PM7/6/08
On Jul 6, 5:50 pm, "Benjo Maso" <benjo.m...@chello.nl> wrote:

> Do you really consider riders like Hincapie or Voigt to be favourites, and
> not Riccò or Andy Schleck (runner up in the Giro's of 2007 and 2008)?
>
> Benjo

Bob's mentioned that the favorites are his and his son's favorites,
not the betting line.

Benjo Maso

Jul 6, 2008, 6:37:09 PM7/6/08

"RicodJour" <rico...@worldemail.com> schreef in bericht

OK, I was just surprised!

Benjo

Benjo Maso

Jul 6, 2008, 6:41:32 PM7/6/08

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> schreef in bericht

Sure, but I suppose his list of favorites is more or less stable (of course,
I might be wrong)

Benjo

William Asher

Jul 6, 2008, 6:46:23 PM7/6/08
Benjo Maso wrote:

The list of "favorites" is determined by placing highly in ProTour races in
the previous three years. Or something like that. Anyway, it's
automatically selected and not something Bob does on a whim. He discussed
it with Chung a while back.

If you google "chung martin nice work" you should be able to turn it up.

--
Bill Asher

William Asher

Jul 6, 2008, 6:56:26 PM7/6/08

Benjo Maso

Jul 6, 2008, 7:07:15 PM7/6/08

"William Asher" <gcn...@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht

Thanks! But it still surprises me that Andy Schleck and Riccò are not
included.

Benjo

Tom Kunich

Jul 6, 2008, 9:02:02 PM7/6/08
"Benjo Maso" <benjo...@chello.nl> wrote in message

Benjo's hopes are being displayed.... :-)

Bob Martin

Jul 7, 2008, 4:50:35 AM7/7/08
in 40067 20080707 000715 "Benjo Maso" <benjo...@chello.nl> wrote:
>"William Asher" <gcn...@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
>> William Asher wrote:

>>> The list of "favorites" is determined by placing highly in ProTour
>>> races in the previous three years. Or something like that. Anyway,
>>> it's automatically selected and not something Bob does on a whim. He
>>> discussed it with Chung a while back.
>>>
>>> If you google "chung martin nice work" you should be able to turn it
>>> up.
>>>

>> Here:
>>
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/a670006f30f85ec9?hl=
>> en
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/5jgkpd
>

>Thanks! But it still surprises me that Andy Schleck and Ricc� are not
>included.
>
>Benjo

You're right - I've already had stick from my son over Andy Schleck And Ricco!
As I said previously, this year the list is generated automatically from previous
stage race results, and if I had taken this year's Giro into account those two would
have been on it. Just hadn't had time to merge the Giro results.
Anyway, they've now been added.