Milano-San Remo Predictions

B. Lafferty

Mar 16, 2006, 10:57:59 AM3/16/06
1. Cunego
2. Bettini
3. Petacchi

Steven L. Sheffield

Mar 16, 2006, 11:02:39 AM3/16/06
On 03/16/2006 08:57 AM, in article
bWfSf.4769$sL2....@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net, "B. Lafferty"
<Ma...@Italia.org> wrote:

I'm surprised you didn't say:

1. Some doper
2. Another doper
3. Yet another doper.
DFL. The only clean rider.

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com
double-yew double-ewe dot flahute dot com [foreword] slash

Curtis L. Russell

Mar 16, 2006, 11:11:12 AM3/16/06
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 16:02:39 GMT, "Steven L. Sheffield"
<ste...@veloworks.com> wrote:

>On 03/16/2006 08:57 AM, in article
>bWfSf.4769$sL2....@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net, "B. Lafferty"
><Ma...@Italia.org> wrote:
>
>> 1. Cunego
>> 2. Bettini
>> 3. Petacchi
>

>I'm surprised you didn't say:
>
>1. Some doper
>2. Another doper
>3. Yet another doper.
>DFL. The only clean rider.

Fixating on another person's fixation seems a bit extreme. Unless it
is a member of the opposite sex and includes whip cream. Or maybe even
cream cheese...

Curtis L.Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)

B. Lafferty

Mar 16, 2006, 11:50:32 AM3/16/06

"Curtis L. Russell" <cur...@md-bicycling.org> wrote in message

Suzie......Suzie Cream Cheese. What's gotten into you Suzie Cream
heese? --FZ

B. Lafferty

Mar 16, 2006, 11:51:37 AM3/16/06

"Steven L. Sheffield" <ste...@veloworks.com> wrote in message

> On 03/16/2006 08:57 AM, in article
> bWfSf.4769$sL2....@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net, "B. Lafferty"
> <Ma...@Italia.org> wrote:
>
>> 1. Cunego
>> 2. Bettini
>> 3. Petacchi
>

> I'm surprised you didn't say:
>
> 1. Some doper
> 2. Another doper
> 3. Yet another doper.
> DFL. The only clean rider.

one...@hotmail.com

Mar 16, 2006, 12:00:56 PM3/16/06

1. some doper
2. Erich Zabel

Jonathan v.d. Sluis

Mar 16, 2006, 1:47:59 PM3/16/06
1. Thor Hushovd
2. Paolo Bettini
3. Erik Zabel

Andre

Mar 16, 2006, 3:52:04 PM3/16/06

1. Tom Boonen
2. Mcewen
3. Nick Nuyens

Ewoud Dronkert

Mar 16, 2006, 3:57:18 PM3/16/06

What, three Vlamingen on the podium?!

--
E. Dronkert

Andre

Mar 16, 2006, 4:15:32 PM3/16/06
deux Flamands

Bret

Mar 16, 2006, 4:24:24 PM3/16/06

Boonen wins solo a la Fons de Wolf.

Bret

Kurgan Gringioni

Mar 16, 2006, 4:34:29 PM3/16/06
Dumbass -

This is such a no-brainer:

1) Boonen.
2) only candyasses go beyond first place

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Tom Kunich

Mar 16, 2006, 4:51:15 PM3/16/06
I was just thinking that there's a really good chance for Thor myself.
He's big and strong and a great sprinter and without DiLuca there he's
the captain.

Tomi Boonen HAS to be the favorite but he'll be marked like a Get Well
card to George Clooney from the Scrubs cast.

Ewoud Dronkert

Mar 16, 2006, 4:51:58 PM3/16/06
Erik Dekker.

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert

Mar 16, 2006, 5:21:00 PM3/16/06
Andre wrote:
> deux Flamands

Mac-met-den-groten-bek is as much Fleming as that Monegasque Boonen.

--
E. Dronkert

Andre

Mar 16, 2006, 6:03:11 PM3/16/06
Boonen is not from Monaco. And Mcewen was born in Australia.

Frank Drackman

Mar 16, 2006, 6:12:38 PM3/16/06

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <jonathan...@versatel.nlremovethisandtheoldest>
wrote in message news:3a209$4419b2df$57d27841$12...@news.versatel.nl...

> 1. Thor Hushovd
> 2. Paolo Bettini
> 3. Erik Zabel

Doesn't Zabel have to finish second?

Davey Crockett

Mar 16, 2006, 11:54:50 PM3/16/06
"Andre" <White...@gmail.com> writes:

McWhiner

--
Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Libérez Ingrid Betancourt, Clara Rojas et les autres

Davey Crockett

Mar 17, 2006, 12:01:55 AM3/17/06
Ewoud Dronkert <firs...@lastname.net.invalid> writes:

> Erik Dekker.

I got a team water bottle off him last week - brand new, never used

Since he was in the squad car when he passed me, I still can't figure
out whether he was giving it to me or throwing it at me ;)

Kenny

Mar 17, 2006, 2:04:27 AM3/17/06
25 years after Fons De Wolf we have to do it right :-)

Kenny

Donald Munro

Mar 17, 2006, 3:10:16 AM3/17/06

Davey Crockett wrote:
> I got a team water bottle off him last week - brand new, never used
>
> Since he was in the squad car when he passed me, I still can't figure
> out whether he was giving it to me or throwing it at me ;)

Dekker is an rbr stalker with enough background data to recognise one of
us ? Scary; I wonder what the NSA knows about us.

Donald Munro

Mar 17, 2006, 3:13:19 AM3/17/06

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Mac-met-den-groten-bek is as much Fleming as that Monegasque Boonen.

I thought the bek was still nursing a broken rib. Anyway if you want to
make him Belgian you need to change the name to VanEwen (Beck VanEwen
perhaps).

Curtis L. Russell

Mar 17, 2006, 9:05:02 AM3/17/06
On 16 Mar 2006 13:34:29 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>1) Boonen.
>2) only candyasses go beyond first place

That's a hard thing to say about a nice guy like Zabel, who based on
his career status should be joining rbr in the next few years as
Senior Master Fatty.

Or were you talking about the posters?

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)

Robert Chung

Mar 17, 2006, 10:24:12 AM3/17/06
1. LANCE

Andre

Mar 17, 2006, 10:45:40 AM3/17/06

1. Gimondi

Curtis L. Russell

Mar 17, 2006, 10:48:47 AM3/17/06
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:24:12 -0800, "Robert Chung"
<m...@address.invalid> wrote:

>1. LANCE

1. Broadsword. With buckler.

Now back to cycling. 1. Boonen for me, except for the Tours, where
I'll go with Leaphigher or whatever that American's name is. After all
the intense years of arguing about LA, I'm trying to keep my thinking
simple this year.

With my memory going at the same time, I may try to pick someone else
for the tours so I can stay close to the front of the alphabet, but
the front of the alphabet seems heavy with classic riders. Seems
cheating to go with Bobby Julich, but it may be my only choice.

ronaldo_jeremiah

Mar 17, 2006, 11:10:42 AM3/17/06
1st: Freire.

-RJ

Bret

Mar 17, 2006, 8:02:41 PM3/17/06

Kenny wrote:
> 25 years after Fons De Wolf we have to do it right :-)
>
> Kenny

Since it's the 25th aniversary, I put up some pictures from the Aldo
Tonnoir book. Besides FdW, there is Jan Raas and VDB's uncle.

http://www.fischer-wade.com/msr_81/

Ryan Cousineau

Mar 17, 2006, 9:26:51 PM3/17/06
In article <1142528456.6...@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com>,
one...@hotmail.com wrote:

Erich Zabel will finish somewhere alongside Salvodelli in the peleton.

Right now, Boonen is the right answer. It's tedious to pick him, but
he's probably the right answer.

I wonder if this is how people felt when you could be right one third of
the time by ticking off the box marked "Merckx."

Oh, and in the other question, I pick English longbow over lance.

--
Ryan Cousineau rcou...@sfu.ca http://www.wiredcola.com/

Kurgan Gringioni

Mar 17, 2006, 10:13:54 PM3/17/06

Dumbass -

The posters (rbr).

Google candyass and you'll understand.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Howard Kveck

Mar 17, 2006, 10:18:55 PM3/17/06
In article <1142643761.6...@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"Bret" <bret...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey, thanks for that, Bret. I like the second one, where everyone is looking
at each other and wondering who'll respond.

--
tanx,
Howard

Grandma Smith said a curious thing
Boys must whistle, girls must sing

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

B. Lafferty

Mar 18, 2006, 6:18:37 AM3/18/06

"Howard Kveck" <YOURh...@h-SHOESbomb.com> wrote in message

It's clear now that Coppi is going to win this year.

Davey Crockett

Mar 18, 2006, 6:33:07 AM3/18/06
"B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.org> writes:

> It's clear now that Coppi is going to win this year.

Well 60 years ago you would have been right

1. COPPI Fausto
2. TEISSEIRE Lucien (Fra)
3. RICCI Mario

John Forrest Tomlinson

Mar 18, 2006, 6:58:15 AM3/18/06
It'll be Boonen or Bettini or Petacchi or maybe another rider. Or at
least one of them in the top 20. For sure.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

B. Lafferty

Mar 18, 2006, 6:55:11 AM3/18/06

"Davey Crockett" <davey_c...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.org> writes:
>

>> It's clear now that Coppi is going to win this year.
>>

> Well 60 years ago you would have been right
>
> 1. COPPI Fausto
> 2. TEISSEIRE Lucien (Fra)
> 3. RICCI Mario

Nice that someone picked up on the anniversary. Go Davey!

Robert Chung

Mar 18, 2006, 7:29:39 AM3/18/06
Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

> I'm surprised you didn't say:
>
> 1. Some doper
> 2. Another doper
> 3. Yet another doper.
> DFL. The only clean rider.

I don't see Team DFL on the start list.

Davey Crockett

Mar 18, 2006, 8:07:12 AM3/18/06
"B. Lafferty" <Ma...@Italia.org> writes:

Well it looks like a QuickStep will win for sure

My lad Cedric Vasseur isn't riding today, but watch out tomorrow.
He'll be starting number 65 in the Pays De Loire event

Interestingly VDB who won in 1995 is slated to start too according to
what I hear in the Pays De Loire

And now I'm off to drive over to SR for the finish today

Judging by last week after PN it isn't too smart to ride back after
the finish as the traffic is horrendous along the coast road and
more than a few of the fans have been into the vino a little.

Curtis L. Russell

Mar 18, 2006, 8:12:30 AM3/18/06
On 17 Mar 2006 19:13:54 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"
<kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Dumbass -
>
>The posters (rbr).
>
>Google candyass and you'll understand.
>

>thanks,
>
>K. Gringioni.

If you click on 'Get Lucky' to my surprise it was NOT an rbr poster.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)

Just someone on two wheels...

John Forrest Tomlinson

Mar 18, 2006, 12:24:25 PM3/18/06
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:58:15 -0500, John Forrest Tomlinson
<usenet...@jt10000.com> wrote:

>It'll be Boonen or Bettini or Petacchi or maybe another rider. Or at
>least one of them in the top 20. For sure.

I picked the winner!

Ewoud Dronkert

Mar 18, 2006, 12:19:36 PM3/18/06
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:58:15 -0500, John Forrest Tomlinson
>>It'll be Boonen or Bettini or Petacchi or maybe another rider. Or at
>>least one of them in the top 20. For sure.
>
> I picked the winner!

He picked himself! From
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006/mar06/msr06/?id=live

09:52 CET
This morning at the start, we spoke to Filippo Pozzato (Quick.Step),
who was really positive and confident, despite the chilly weather.
"Yeah I feel super today. I've got fantastic legs."

Pippo is hoping that he might have his own card to play on the
Quick.Step team in the finale today.

--
E. Dronkert

b...@mambo.ucolick.org

Mar 18, 2006, 2:29:07 PM3/18/06
Howard Kveck wrote:
> In article <1142643761.6...@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> "Bret" <bret...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Kenny wrote:
> > > 25 years after Fons De Wolf we have to do it right :-)
> > >
> > > Kenny
> >
> > Since it's the 25th aniversary, I put up some pictures from the Aldo
> > Tonnoir book. Besides FdW, there is Jan Raas and VDB's uncle.
> >
> > http://www.fischer-wade.com/msr_81/
>
> Hey, thanks for that, Bret. I like the second one, where everyone is looking
> at each other and wondering who'll respond.

That's a great picture.

But you know they're really thinking "What's up with that
crazy dude scratching his kneecap, we don't wanna get
close to him."

Ben
not a retrogrouch