Jeanson has a new book!

Robert

Nov 1, 2008, 11:31:33 AM11/1/08
http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/cyclisme/2008/10/29/001-jeanson.shtml

Jeanson at the time of his victory on the Royal mount in 2003 THE last year,
the Quebec, now 27 years old, had asserted that the two had gotten married
by matters, to manage an establishment of quick restoration. The union
lasted only six months, of April to October 2006.

This time, she had that his relation with Aubut was immoral, but that
despite all, she was consenting.

"I did not reject it because I did not know what to do", supports Jeanson to
the page 255.

The events began when Jeanson was 16 years old. The first time, to the
school where taught Aubut. Next, molesting continued during years in the
car, even with Aubut when his woman was leaves.

Dad knew

New lighting also on this as knew actually his father. Yves Jeanson always
had asserted not to know that the Dr Maurice Duquette had injected his girl
more of once. Geneviève claims the opposite.

Geneviève Jeanson in November 2003 when she supported that the Dr Duquette
never had injected for him EPO. "During a conversation during the winter,
while I wrote the book, she asserted me that its parents were during the
course of his doping since the beginning, age of 16 years up to 2003, to the
World Championship of Hamilton.

"His father had said me in the report that it had not known it that the
first time to attempt to care for his weakens. Afterward, I confronted it
there over and it said me: "Well yes, it is true. What do you want that I
say you?" Afterward, it not more wanted to meet me", related Gravel
Tuesday.

In the book, one can read equally that André Aubut abused his force, not to
a return as one learned it the last year, but four times. Yves Jeanson
never knew, it was the one of the last ones to learn it.

Pressure as early as the age of 7 years

The desire and the ambition to win did not be born only with a bicycle
between the legs. Alain Gravel learns us that as early as his younger age,
Jeanson had pressure to be at the summit.

"This is a girl that student in a manner rather special. She related me
that at the age of 7 years, his father did for him to sign contracts at
first of the school year for that she be the better one of his class,
otherwise it deprived it leisures. Therefore, I imagine the pressure that
that can do on a child of 7 years", retrieves Gravel.

"As journalist and family father, I think that that shouts at everyone.
Especially in a corporation where performance so is promoted today. That
shouts at everyone to say if I have a child that has talent or that wants,
this is a world that always is not funny", adds the journalist.

Since the report of Investigation, the last year, Geneviève Jeanson is on
bad terms with itself its parents. She always lives to Phoenix.

Robert

Nov 1, 2008, 11:33:19 AM11/1/08

"Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote in message

These are babeled out...
http://laflammerouge.com/affaire-jeanson-condamner-tous-les-coupables/

The cycling is at the heart of the current event to the Quebec aujourd'hui
with the new one publication, November 6 next one, of a book, of a
journalistic narrative rather, on Geneviève Jeanson. This is at the front
page of the Newspaper Presses It, this is the object of the first guest of
the radio transmission of Christiane Charette, this is everywhere.

The journalistic totally independent narrative on the history of Mrs Jeanson
is signed Alain Gravel, this journalist of investigation of Radio Canada and
that was at the origin of the confessions of doping of the athlete in
September 2007.

This is at the heart of the current event because after the doping scandal
to the EPO aujourd'hui archi-connu, the book goes more far: of new
revelations are done about unhealthy relations between the athlete and his
entraineur, André Aubut, relations going even to the sexual level. Of new
revelations are done equally concerning the father of the athlete that,
according to Geneviève Jeanson, knew and supported the doping of his girl.
Mr. Jeanson nevertheless denied it very a long time.

Already, the reactions are numerous. Lyne Bessette, that I always well
liked for his franc to speak with years lights of the language of shed wood
in the environment, says to have been very in anger against Mrs Jeanson,
this last one having flown it of a career cyclist otherwise more glorious.
I am completely agreed with Lyne Bessette and this is there that one
measures all the ravagings of the doping that continues to offend me always
as much. Recall that Bjarne Laughed, that Launches Armstrong and that
Alberto Contador probably fly in this same moment the career many own
cyclists of which a big number are probably French.

Of others formulate less pertinent commentaries, lapsing into the lack of
understanding of the sport of high level.

Difficult therefore of not to comment on on The Red Flame in front of the
extent of the new one. My first reaction human Being, the one to think that
to the bottom, all this history is of an infinite sadness.

Once that says, my second reaction is the one to contain my commentary on
The Red Flame, a site that is very interested in the sport cyclist, not at
all to the line. Why? Because the new revelations do, according to me, tip
the Matter Jeanson of the athletic domain to the social domain.

The matter Jeanson no longer is a doping matter, this is a social matter
concerning the relation between an athlete and his entraineur. The athletic
matter in fact finished with inflicted penalties to Mrs Jeanson Continuation
to its doping confessions to the EPO and this, since the age of 16 years.

This is a social history because henceforth, she touches on a position
unfortunately already seen unhealthy relations between an athlete and his
entraineur that erects itself progressively in guru, exercising not only his
mastery on the body but especially on the spirit of the athlete. Ca
happened in cycling with Mrs Jeanson, ca already saw itself to many returns
in the past not only in the sport but also in the arts or other any domain.
Mozart is maybe the first case informed!

My third reaction is more violent and restricts itself to the side
"sportsman" Matter Jeanson: I believe than this than it is necessary
especially to say in all this history, this is that it is unbearable that
Mrs Jeanson be the only one to pay for the committed faults. Unbearable.

Without absolving it of its faults, for she was conscious that in itself
drug, she cheated, without absolving it to have lied éhonteusement in front
of its supporters, in front of the public, it m'apparait me in fact
scandalous - s-c-a-n-d-a-l-e-u-x - that she be aujourd'hui the one that one
pestifère, the one that one rejects. For Mrs Jeanson pays the strong price
of all this scandal: finished career, exile to the almost forced United
States, the life to the Quebec being difficult for her, annihilated
reputation, to say nothing of the psychological necessarily present damages.

Whore, and Aubut in all car? And his father? These two there divide all
the hateful one of the position. They are some even maybe more persons in
charge, an adolescent one of 16 years not having assuredly maturity or the
force of character to impose facing two adults of this soaks.

It is evident that Mr. Aubut does not have to take some wide in this moment.
But beyond car? Mr. Aubut must be translated in justice according to me.
This type must reply of its acts and some to undergo the other consequences
that a simple inconfort. This type must be forbidden to exercise a trade in
relation closely or by far with children or adolescent. This type must not
be left quiet as this is currently the case. In this direction, the next
step of Mrs Jeanson would be to carry complaint against his former
entraineur in a manner to seize justice. I add at last that this man does
not deserve any compassion, denying all in pad despite the corroborating
testimonies that accumulate themselves. Ca me dégoute deeply.

Ditto for his father. I am indignant, myself father of a girl, to note the
exit that it reserved to his own girl. Unhealthy relation between an
athlete and his entraneur is terrible. What she unfolds herself under the
eyes of a father that does not react is more terrible again to my eyes.
There should be concrete penalties towards this father of which the absence
of intervention is terrible, the non-assistance to mistreated child
physically and mentally being reprehensible. And I congratulate Mrs Jeanson
to have cut the bridges with his father, that is healthy and the proof that
she is henceforth in check of his therapy.

Ditto for the Dr. Duquette. Strong fortunately, the latter was recovered
by justice and it should clink glasses very soon.

One can equally underline irreproachable driving according to me of the FQSC
in this file. The FQSC always emitted doubts concerning the entraineur
André Aubut. What could she do when Mrs Jeanson was minor if its parents
were consenting? Once adult, that could she do if Mrs Jeanson denied
allegations? The FQSC has according to me undertake all that it was
possible to do: as early as the first alarm, be the exclusion for rate of
hématocrite to Hamilton at the time of the World-wide ones of 2003, the FQSC
dared to ask the questions that fachaient. The FQSC will have been until to
refuse to deliver a race license to Mrs Jeanson. I say cheer. The FQSC
goes out unharmed by this merdier, what is very well for the sport cyclist
to the Quebec and what is all the more remarkable one since this is not the
batch of certain confronted federations to such scandals.

To conclude on the publication of this book, the latter will have probably
that of voucher for Geneviève Jeanson that it will allow the public of more
better to understand his position and the context around her of the time
where she was athlete. Because to the light of these new revelations Mrs
Jeanson deserves obviously the consideration of circumstances lessening,
this book is certainly a first step towards his rehabilitation in the Quebec
corporation.

History moral? Besides that all this history be, once more, of an infinite
sadness to my eyes, one must keep of all that that the fight against doping
cannot be done without a fight against ALL the actors of this blight: the
athletes of course, the history Schumacher and Kohl recalling us that they
have a responsibility, but also and especially the entraineurs, the doctors,
the trainers, the pharmacies that sell the Athletes and at last the
pharmaceutical industries that support the all. Never will swallow only I
Patrick Lefevere, Bjarne Laughed or Johan Bruyneel do not know what happens
in their own team. it is necessary quickly some to come to a provident
system not only of the penalties for the athletes, but equally for the
entourage. If we are all coherent ones for example, Bjarne Laughed must
leave the cycling.

Robert

Nov 1, 2008, 11:37:02 AM11/1/08

"Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote in message

This guys writings have stirred some controversy, but I wondered who was the
other with speculation of doping at the same time Jeanson was. I think some
were talking about Jutras, but this guy eluded to Bessette, while the
spotlight was always on Jeanson.

http://veloptimum.net/nouvelles.html

Tom Kunich

Nov 1, 2008, 12:37:43 PM11/1/08
"Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote in message

> http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/cyclisme/2008/10/29/001-jeanson.shtml
>
> Jeanson at the time of his victory on the Royal mount in 2003 THE last
> year, the Quebec, now 27 years old, had asserted that the two had gotten
> married by matters, to manage an establishment of quick restoration. The
> union lasted only six months, of April to October 2006.

When I was married back in the 90's and had a couple of step daughters that
I had racing we attended a stage race that used to be held in the Ashland,
OR, area. There were a couple of girls that showed up one year from Canada
and Jeanson was one of them. Although they were both head and shoulders
above the US girls, the other girl was WAY faster than Jeanson.

I can't remember her name and I don't think that she continued on in
cycling. Though perhaps they were sort of teammates.

Robert

Nov 1, 2008, 9:04:53 PM11/1/08

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message

I don't know. Cybil DiGuistini, Nicole DeMars?

The noteable ones are Goldstein, Willock, Bessette, Jutras, Hobson, Komar,
Samplonius, Jackson, Clara Hughes, Gina Grain...

Robert

Tom Kunich

Nov 1, 2008, 9:10:38 PM11/1/08

> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
>> When I was married back in the 90's and had a couple of step daughters
>> that I had racing we attended a stage race that used to be held in the
>> Ashland, OR, area. There were a couple of girls that showed up one year
>> from Canada and Jeanson was one of them. Although they were both head and
>> shoulders above the US girls, the other girl was WAY faster than Jeanson.
>>
>> I can't remember her name and I don't think that she continued on in
>> cycling. Though perhaps they were sort of teammates.
>
> I don't know. Cybil DiGuistini, Nicole DeMars?

Cybil DiGuistini sounds correct but I don't really remember. I do remember
that she was a significantly stronger rider than Jeanson at the time.

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 2, 2008, 12:42:29 AM11/2/08
On Nov 1, 8:31 am, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:
> http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/cyclisme/2008/10/29/001-jeanson.shtml

<snip>

That is a sick story.

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 2, 2008, 3:04:27 AM11/2/08

I would like to add: I am glad she is telling the sick story. It's the
ultimate extreme of what can happen with Little League parents.

John Forrest Tomlinson

Nov 2, 2008, 5:13:58 AM11/2/08

Yeah.

I always thought it was bad with Aubut and her family, but it's worse
than I thought. Sick.

Robert

Nov 2, 2008, 2:10:58 PM11/2/08

"Kurgan Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

None of this went as she originally wished. The original interviewers kept
wearing her down until she cracked in the 4th segment. Since things didn't
add up, they keep hounding her about the supposed facts as they were at the
time until she cracked. Now, her life is in tatters. She's bascially
isolated in the Midwest, her folks don't want to see her, and I bet she
wished she didn't crack like she did. She's going to be marked and known as
the poster girl for what can go terribly wrong in a sport like cycling.
While it creates awareness in the sport, the movie or the book aren't worth
the 30 pieces of silver she will get from it. Its a stigma she will have to
live with for now on, but I hope she does well with her cafe/pub where ever
she decides to finally settle. I know that was her dream to run a cool pub,
and the midwest is a great place for that!

I haven't heard anything about the movie, or if its still in the works.

Robert

Tom Kunich

Nov 2, 2008, 2:59:17 PM11/2/08

> None of this went as she originally wished.

That's BS. She was willing to do anything to win even as a 17 year old. As I
noted, the first year in Oregon her teammate was (I believe) Cybil
DiGuistini who was significantly faster than she was though they were both
head and shoulders above the American girls in their class. The following
year Jeanson was TONS faster than her previous year and she ran away from
all the Americans though Cybil wasn't there that year if memory serves.

Anyway, to pretend that somehow she was led into that drug stuff is pure
poppycock because she would do anything to win.

Robert

Nov 2, 2008, 3:29:13 PM11/2/08

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message

What I was saying was not about drug use, but about the interview. She
didn't intend to unravel the truth in the 4th segment, but she cracked and
she didn't have it in mind to tell all in the interview. That's all I was
saying, not about the drugs. As for the drugs, that's a whole nother story.

Robert

Ryan Cousineau

Nov 2, 2008, 5:16:09 PM11/2/08
In article <feednb7FNIM-m5PU...@earthlink.com>,

Dude! She was a frigging minor when she started taking EPO! I don't care
how much she wanted to win, and how willing she was to go along, her
parents and her creepy, creepy coach had a duty of care to not induce,
condone, or (as apparently was the case, at least with Aubut) actively
encourage and assist doping.

If you start your first course of EPO under the auspices of your coach,
and at the age of 16, I would say that is de facto a case of being led
into that drug stuff.

Maybe there's some sort of responsibility due back to Jeanson, and
certainly she didn't stop taking EPO until she was an adult and was
suspended for life, but she was grotesquely let down by those who had a
duty of care for her.

--
Ryan Cousineau rcou...@gmail.com http://www.wiredcola.com/

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 2, 2008, 5:19:35 PM11/2/08
On Nov 2, 11:10 am, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On Nov 1, 9:42 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Nov 1, 8:31 am, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:
>
> > >http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/cyclisme/2008/10/29/001-jeanson.shtml
>
> > <snip>
>
> > That is a sick story.
>
> I would like to add: I am glad she is telling the sick story. It's the
> ultimate extreme of what can happen with Little League parents.
>
> None of this went as she originally wished. The original interviewers kept
> wearing her down until she cracked in the 4th segment. Since things didn't
> add up, they keep hounding her about the supposed facts as they were at the
> time until she cracked. Now, her life is in tatters.

<snip>

Dumbass -

The interview isn't where things went wrong.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Tom Kunich

Nov 2, 2008, 5:22:02 PM11/2/08
"Ryan Cousineau" <rcou...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Dude! She was a frigging minor when she started taking EPO! I don't care
> how much she wanted to win, and how willing she was to go along, her
> parents and her creepy, creepy coach had a duty of care to not induce,
> condone, or (as apparently was the case, at least with Aubut) actively
> encourage and assist doping.

No argument there Ryan. But remember that I met and talked to her at that
time and let me tell you, they weren't suggesting anything she wasn't
already about to use. Though I don't remember her coach I distinctly
remember Cybil because she looked 2 or 3 years older than the rest of the 18
year olds and road like a pro. Very beautiful woman too for that matter.

> Maybe there's some sort of responsibility due back to Jeanson, and
> certainly she didn't stop taking EPO until she was an adult and was
> suspended for life, but she was grotesquely let down by those who had a
> duty of care for her.

Remember that stuff isn't habit forming. Winning was what she was after. I'm
not trying to make her look any worse than all of the other riders who
decided that taking illegal drugs was better than finishing in the pack.

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 2, 2008, 6:23:34 PM11/2/08
On Nov 2, 2:22 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Ryan Cousineau" <rcous...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

As usual, you've so got your head up your ass. Your brief encounters
with her are irrelavent.

For instance: did your encounter give you any indication that she was
getting molested by her coach?

The molestation is more telling than anything else. The poor girl was
brainwashed and doing what she was told. Another example of that
phenomenon: Elizabeth Smart.

Or teenage sex slaves the world over. All these examples were so young
and impressionable they didn't realize there was any other way.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Tom Kunich

Nov 2, 2008, 6:34:04 PM11/2/08

> Or teenage sex slaves the world over. All these examples were so young
> and impressionable they didn't realize there was any other way.

So if I have you correctly, you know more about her never having met her
than I do having met her. Seems like your kind of logic alright.

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 2, 2008, 7:59:15 PM11/2/08
On Nov 2, 3:34 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

Strawman as usual.

I've never been introduced to her.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

bjwe...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2008, 8:32:42 PM11/2/08
On Nov 2, 12:10 pm, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> I would like to add: I am glad she is telling the sick story. It's the
>> ultimate extreme of what can happen with Little League parents.
>
> None of this went as she originally wished. The original interviewers kept
> wearing her down until she cracked in the 4th segment. Since things didn't
> add up, they keep hounding her about the supposed facts as they were at the
> time until she cracked. Now, her life is in tatters. She's bascially
> isolated in the Midwest, her folks don't want to see her, and I bet she
> wished she didn't crack like she did. She's going to be marked and known as
> the poster girl for what can go terribly wrong in a sport like cycling.
> While it creates awareness in the sport, the movie or the book aren't worth
> the 30 pieces of silver she will get from it. Its a stigma she will have to
> live with for now on, but I hope she does well with her cafe/pub where ever
> she decides to finally settle. I know that was her dream to run a cool pub,
> and the midwest is a great place for that!

Dumbass, and I mean it sincerely this time,

"30 pieces of silver" is what Judas was paid to
betray Jesus. When you speak of Jeanson getting
paid 30 pieces of silver, it's unspeakably offensive.
Jeanson is not betraying Aubut, her parents, her doctor
or anyone else by finally letting these secrets go.
They betrayed her.

You seem upset, as if Jeanson were also betraying
her fans with these revelations. You're wrong. The
fans, so far as they encouraged all the sick behavior
on the part of those around her, betrayed her too.
It's like people who fawn over 13-year-old hypertrained,
developmentally stunted gymnasts that ought to be
out doing whatever it is normal 13-year-olds do instead.

Ben

Tom Kunich

Nov 2, 2008, 8:49:59 PM11/2/08
"b...@mambo.ucolick.org" <bjwe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> You seem upset, as if Jeanson were also betraying
> her fans with these revelations. You're wrong. The
> fans, so far as they encouraged all the sick behavior
> on the part of those around her, betrayed her too.
> It's like people who fawn over 13-year-old hypertrained,
> developmentally stunted gymnasts that ought to be
> out doing whatever it is normal 13-year-olds do instead.

You mean she should have been out getting pregnant and weighing 200% of what
he healthy weight should have been?

If she was being pushed to exceed and succeed by her parents and friends
that's good.

Being sexually assailed by her coach is criminal and should be treated as
such though I assume that it's beyond the statute of limitations by this
time. But leopards' don't change their spots and if he did it to her you can
bet there are others.

If you believe that children should set their own schedules and targets
you're about half wrong. Caring parents have to point children in the
directions in which they can become most successful in life.

Robert

Nov 2, 2008, 9:29:11 PM11/2/08

The interview isn't where things went wrong.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

No, but my point is if she decided not to go public, she would be under much
less stress and scrutiny right now. Obviously she didn't know she would
crack under the pressure of the relentless reporters who diligently went
back and forth checking the facts and wearing her down with the follow-ups.
Originally she intended to give a harmless denial interview for cash, and
then things fell apart in the last segment, which is what they hoped for. In
pursuit of a blockbuster story, they kept hounding her until she cracked!

Here are some articles on the book and film, with some details I haven't
seen before. Another author I know sent me these clipings and is following
the story.

The book hit the shelves Nov 6.

Babeled out...

The scandal jeanson-aubut in bookstore October 29 2008

In a Press Geneviève Jeanson, a book to appear on the athlete that began in
the office of André Aubut, to the polyvalent dalbé-viau of Lachine, relates
Geneviève Jeanson. She was 16 years old when his trainer of cycling André
Aubut, then professor of physical education, kissed it for the first time.
Later, that continued to the residence of Aubut to Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue,
where it lived with his woman. Then in his car one. "It protected me. It
seemed knowledge which it did and not me ", relates the ex-cycliste in THE
matter Jeanson: the engrenage, a book of the journalist Alain Gravel to
appear next week to the editions Voices parallel. To the same era, Jeanson,
incited by Aubut and a doctor not very scrupulous and with the approval
tacite of his father, began injecting itself EPO, the substance doping that
was going to take it to big victories, but also to the decline. Marked by
the blackmail, the threats and the violence, intimate relation and
sportswoman uniting Aubut and Jeanson continued on a period of almost 10
years. The mastery of Aubut "was such as she felt obliged to satisfy its
least desires, including sexual", writes the author. Without physical
constraint properly said, she felt forced to molesting going to the
fellatio. "It arrived me from him to say that I did not want, relates
Jeanson on the subject of these unhealthy relations. After it did me to
suffer. It was not fine with me. It was mean. It did all for that my
bicycle trainings do not happen well. It discouraged me. It mentally beat
me. "

To the origin, Alain Gravel wished to write the narrative of the
journalistic gait having taken to the confessions of doping of Jeanson to
the transmission Investigates Radio Canada, in September 2007. Subsequent
discussions with the former cyclist, as well as research and interviews
aiming to inform the book, allowed the journalist of some to discover more,
in particular on the subject of unhealthy sexual relations that the athlete
would have had with Aubut, that she describes as a violent man. The
violence was not that psychological. At the time of a training in 2004,
Jeanson wiped a fist blow in the middle of the face because Aubut was
dissatisfied of its efforts, she had related to Investigates. She next had
been left in plan in the desert. The aggression had left him an eye to the
black butter. Alain Gravel discovered photos and obtained from the
testimonies corroborating the say Jeanson. This last one adds some in the
book. "It was to do itself to spank over, she describes on the subject of
the aggressions of his trainer. It has me already pognée by the skin of the
buttocks and the hair worse it has me sacred outside of the house. I
remember to have been in a bathroom in ceramic in Italy, worse I thought to
live a horror film. It beat me there. I imagined myself a lot of blood
everywhere, ostie! Beaten to kicks, fist blows, slaps, pognée by the hair,
to screech me on the wall, all! "In order to maintain his mastery, Jeanson
supports that Aubut already threatened it to kill it and to commit suicide
next if she left it. Born Aubut Aubut adamantly refutes the allegations of
his old protected one, with that it lived under the same roof in Arizona and
with that it was married for reasons of matters of April to October 2006.
"I have nothing to say, it repeated to Alain Gravel at the time of their
last telephone conversation, in July 2008. She enough did me disturbance as
that. This is finished. I want to pass to something else. I do not want
to return behind. It is dead and buried. She can say what she wants.
Besides, she says does not import what. "

Testimonies of close ones, of a former colleague of work and of ex-cyclistes
of the team Rona confirm the choleric and explosive temperament of Aubut.
No one nevertheless see it to get up the hand on the one that marked the
imaginary collective one to the Quebec with its four spectacular victories
to the test of disputed World Cup every spring on the Royal mount. In the
book, the circle restricts close of the clan aubut-jeanson swears that they
were unaware of that the cyclist had taken érythropoïétine (EPO) of its
beginnings until his positive check of the summer 2005. All fell of the
nude, relationniste Daniel Larouche, omnipresent during the investigation of
Alain Gravel, to the lawyer John Rock Bertrand while going through Claude
Gaumond, big friend of Aubut and the one of the rare persons to have
remained united Jeanson. To leaves Aubut, only Yves Jeanson, the father of
Geneviève, was put to the perfume of 1998 to 2003. To the last new one,
Jeanson, 27 years, always lives to the United States, dividing his time
between his small bungalow of Phoenix and San Diego, where would live his
new chum, a man at the end of the forty. The two planned to open a
restaurant and a hotel shop in Thailand, but the project fell to water.
Jeanson would equally have pushed back the idea to come to establish itself
again to Montreal. Alain Gravel believes that Jeanson presently follows a
therapeutic gait. "She is during the course of the book publication. She
awaits to see it before reacting ", says the author, that sometimes had the
impression to use therapeutic tool. "She replied to my questions, but she
did not ask financial compensation or coécrit delivers it", it precise. At
the beginning of year, Jeanson narrowly collaborated in a film scenario on
his life that will be realized by Alexis During brault (My girl, my angel).
A biography project with the novelist Arlette Cousture, the woman of his
former relationniste Daniel Larouche, would have been abandoned. The book
of Alain Gravel, THE matter Jeanson: the engrenage, will be in sale to count
on Thursday November 6.

The father of Jeanson knew Geneviève Jeanson learned to live with the very
young pressure. At the age of 7 years, his father, Yves, did for him to
sign a contract for that she be the better one of his class. "Otherwise, it
deprived me leisures", entrusted Jeanson in the book THE matter Jeanson: the
engrenage. The anecdote is revealing of the type of relation between the
father and the girl to the dawn of his athletic career. From interviews
with the principal one interested and of testimonies, Yves Jeanson is
described as an ambitious and choleric being, to the picture of the trainer
André Aubut, with that it collaborated narrowly. In 1998, while she was 16
years old, Geneviève was besides accompanied of its parents and of Aubut at
the time of his first encounter with the orthopedist montréalais Maurice
Duquette, the first one to him to furnish EPO. In the transmission report
Investigates, Mr. Jeanson clumsily had defended itself and swore that it did
not know that his girl had continued to inject itself uniformly this
substance doping. It rejected the biggest party of the criticism on Aubut.
"That guy we handled to 100%", supports Mr. Jeanson. Now, in the book, Yves
Jeanson admits to have been during the course of the schemes of his girl
until his exclusion of the World Championship of Hamilton, in 2003, for not
conforming sanguine formula. Invited to explain by the author Alain Gravel,
the parents Jeanson finally refused. "We try more to forget than to
recollect itself bad one remember. We presently follow a therapy with the
psy with the intention of to pass to something else in our life", they made
known for him by e-mail. According to Geneviève, the communication was
nonexistent in the family and its parents feel responsible of what arrived
for him. Geneviève Jeanson recognizes that his father had big ambitions for
her and that it put for him pressure. But it never incited it to dope
itself done or push to the performance to all price, she precise. She
forgives for him nevertheless with difficulty of not to have looked for to
liberate it mastery of Aubut even if it knew that it mistreated it. To the
light of a recent communication with the book author, the relation of
Jeanson with its parents is themselves layered after a reconciliation.

Seven years after the triggering of an investigation against him by the
committee of discipline of the high School of the doctors, the Dr Duquette
always awaits his penalty.

Bessette in anger Lyne Bessette did not not yet forgive to Geneviève
Jeanson. Today retired, she considers that his career was ruined by the
doping of his eternal rival. Bessette did not accept apologetic confessions
of Jeanson to the transmission Investigates Radio Canada, the last fall.
"When she says that she is a victim, I have not the taste to believe it, she
says to Alain Gravel in the book THE matter Jeanson: the engrenage. She
knew what she did to 20 years, nonetheless. After looking at your report, I
reviewed my career. Ruined I would say to 50% by Jeanson. At the same
time, I know that it was a girl destroyed by his trainer. It was all
mixture. I had penalty for her, but I was also in anger against her. "In
the entitled chapter" The princess and the mean one", Bessette is said again
deeply injured by the media cover that she received to the era of his
rivalry with Jeanson. "That touched on me the deepest one of my being", she
says in the emotional interview that she granted to Gravel the last summer.
Bessette always is shocked that Jeanson was able to profit from the doping
in winning a salary of about 200 000$ by year while she had to satisfy
herself of 70 000$. The Fact that she sold his history to a film producer
scandalizes it again more. "That does me to dump knowledge that she will do
the money with that, said Bessette in the book. She lies to everyone, worse
she does money. This is paying to be cheater! I will change job! "

Unhealthy relation of Jeanson In September 2007, the transmission
Investigates Radio Canada hit a big blow. Geneviève Jeanson had revealed,
during the course of the summer, to our colleague Alain Gravel to have
consumed EPO. While obtaining these revelations shocks, Gravel did a
privileged incursion in the sport world. For the trade veteran, the
experience was marking, "a journalistic unique adventure", he says, from
which the decision to draw from it a book. The matter Jeanson: the
engrenage go out in bookstore November 6. This book is not a precise
biography Gravel, but "the narrative of a journalistic adventure rather
special". "Very early, I wanted to write a book, even in the first ones
meet with her. [..] Of straightaway, I found that there was an
extraordinary history, an extraordinary central personage, which I wanted
especially to do it was to explain the gait in this journalistic adventure.
I wanted to relate the slides, the making of. With the passing of the
writing, I called it to verify things and she continued to do me more of
revelations and is there where the book furnished itself. "Consenting
despite all Of new revelations, all as powerful as the one of a year ago, we
learn notably that Jeanson maintained an unhealthy intimate relation with
his trainer André Aubut. The last year, the Quebec, now 27 years old, had

asserted that the two had gotten married by matters, to manage an
establishment of quick restoration. The union lasted only six months, of
April to October 2006. This time, she had that his relation with Aubut was
immoral, but that despite all, she was consenting. "I did not reject it
because I did not know what to do", supports Jeanson to the page 255. The
events began when Jeanson was 16 years old. The first time, to the school
where taught Aubut. Next, molesting continued during years in the car, even
with Aubut when his woman was leaves.

Dad knew new Lighting also on this as knew actually his father. Yves

Jeanson always had asserted not to know that the Dr Maurice Duquette had

injected his girl more of once. Geneviève claims the opposite. "During a

conversation during the winter, while I wrote the book, she asserted me that
its parents were during the course of his doping since the beginning, age of
16 years up to 2003, to the World Championship of Hamilton. "His father had
said me in the report that it had not known it that the first time to
attempt to care for his weakens. Afterward, I confronted it there over and

it said me: well yes, it is true. What do you want that I say you?
Afterward, it not more wanted to meet me ", related Gravel, Tuesday. In the

book, one can read equally that André Aubut abused his force, not to a

return as one learned it the last year, but to four. Yves Jeanson never was
current, it was the one of the last ones to learn it. Pressure as early as

[...]

Magazine cyclist THE RED FLAME OF THE 29/10/2008 Matter Jeanson:

Condemn all the guilty The cycling is at the heart of the current event to
the Quebec today with the new one publication, November 6 next one, of a

book, of a journalistic narrative rather, on Geneviève Jeanson. This is at
the front page of the Newspaper Presses It, this is the object of the first
guest of the radio transmission of Christiane Charette, this is everywhere.
The journalistic totally independent narrative on the history of Mrs Jeanson
is signed Alain Gravel, this journalist of investigation of Radio Canada and
that was at the origin of the confessions of doping of the athlete in
September 2007. This is at the heart of the current event because after the

doping scandal to the EPO today archi-connu, the book goes more far: of new

[...]

Newspaper Presses It (to Montreal of the 29/10/2008)

The true losers there is not that a victim in the matter Geneviève Jeanson.
There is Jeanson itself, of course. Hit, abused psychologically and induced
as early as the adolescence in an unhealthy intimate relation with his
coach, André Aubut, the ex-cycliste took a double life for his whole career.
Behind the victories on the Royal mount and the picture of princess of the
bicycle - seriously dogeared with the passing of the years and multiples
controversies, it is necessary well to say it - hid itself the reality
sordide of an athlete that his entourage drove to doping while she had not
again the age to buy the beer to the engineer. Difficult therefore of not
to test a sympathy minimum for the former champion of the junior world while
reading THE matter Jeanson: the engrenage, the book of the journalist Alain
Gravel that relates the investigation having taken to the broadcasting of
the confessions of Jeanson on the waves of Radio Canada, in September 2007.
Jammed between a ready trainer to all the short cuts and a father that knew
that his girl took drugs, but preferred to divert the look, the p'tite
Geneviève had not a lot of positive models to which ones to hang up
themselves. That says, and without wanting to diminish the seriousness of
the allegations of Jeanson to the place of his former trainer, of which my
colleague Simon Drouin done state, Jeanson is far from being the only one to
have suffered. She left in his wake all a small ball of racers that have
well difficulty to him to forgive his recourse to the cardsharping.

Batch, no not more is hurt than the eternal rival of Jeanson, Lyne Bessette.
Those that known Bessette describe it as a ball of emotions, a girl that
does not know hypocrisy and that always had trouble to hide its feelings -
to start with the injustice feeling that inspired him the successes of
Jeanson.

That spring clearly of the chapter that Gravel devote to the winning double
of the Turn of the Aude, towards the end of his book. Bessette did not not
yet forgive to Jeanson and one suspects that she never will forgive for him.
"Jeanson flew me at least about twenty victories, be the number of time that
I arrived second behind her. Imagine you how the things could have been
different if she did not take drugs? ", She asks. "She cheated, screeches!
I regret, but that does not pass, even today ", she adds in the interview
with Gravel, that took place the last summer. She recalls that Jeanson won
200 000$ per year in the beautiful years of the team RONA, while elle-même
never pocketed more than 70 000$. And she rebels herself to learn that
Jeanson once more will go to the cashier thanks to the film on his life that
foresees to turn the film director Alexis During brault. "That does me to
dump knowledge that she will do the money with that. She lies to everyone,
worse she does money. This is paying to be cheater! I will change job!
"If Bessette seems bitter, this is that she is it. And she is not the only
one. A former other coéquipière of Jeanson said me the last year, to
microphone closed, his anger towards Jeanson. "Confessions, this is well
beautiful, but will she reimburse the money that she won while cheating?
"She said. It will find itself surely to accuse Bessette to lack
magnanimity and of empathy. To those, I say: to the devil the political
rectitude. Bessette and Jeanson, his younger daughter of six years, knew
the most beautiful years of their respective careers at the same time. And
this is Jeanson doped it, rather than Bessette it clean, that harvested the
médailles of now, sponsor them and glory. "Had not been the presence of
Jeanson in the small ball, his career would have taken a completely
different turn. His notoriety and his popularity would have been a lot
bigger ones in the universe of the Quebec athletic stars ", underlines with
accuracy Gravel in his book. In front of the multiplication of the matters
of doping, one tends to lose his indignation faculty. Cheat became so banal
that one shrugs before passing to something else. One forgets that in the
shadow of every champion doped hide themselves own athletes, collateral
victims that would have deserved better. One forgets that in the shadow of
every Geneviève Jeanson hides itself a Lyne Bessette.

October 29 2008

Between dopes it and the words doudous Which history! I have just
deposited the book of Alain Gravel on the matter Geneviève Jeanson, and I do
not arrive to believe which not at all all the details on the career of the
cyclist that the journalist and his team succeeded digging up resemble a
sort of scenario of film on a thirsty ado of recognition, a violent trainer,
an ambitious father and a spectacular and complex sport. All is there, if
one trusts the book. The violence, dopes it, the lie, the domination, the
emotional blackmail, the victory obsession to all price. One there speaks
even of sexual relations to which ones she would have felt forced to consent
as early as the age of 16 years. Yes, this small liar that did us to
believe during years that she was an own champion, that enraged us by its
entourloupettes with the truth and that does us to swear all alongside the
book while trying continually to flee the facts, had right to the total one.
And the saddest one, this is that while turning the last page of THE matter
Jeanson: the engrenage, one actually is not convinced that the young woman
goes really a lot better and than his life actually is set off again on the
good way. All that there remains, this is the impression that when one
pulls the curtain to see what happens in the slides of the sport of elite
which one general idea is of a glauque to get up the heart. One says us
always that the way towards the podium is difficult. But to this sickening
point? If I had, in this moment, a child athlete in the process of training
regarding advanced competitions, I think that I would avoid reading this
book. Or I would reread it a second time. Or I would put it to the garbage
can while trying to convince me that this is l'exception.. I no longer
know. I imagine that it there all went out relations more correct and
healthier and more productive between trainers and sportsmen, links between
motivating and motivated that allow the young ones to surpass itself, to
learn the effort, the discipline, the art to rebound and the art to wonder.
I imagine that there is young that go out again of these experiences fill
with exceptional lesson that of the masters will have transmitted for them
such the wise big Asian films.

But acknowledge that one hears too often to talk about the inverse one, that
this be with the sportsmen or elsewhere. I notably think about the sordides
histories implying of the teaching religious or to the case Nathalie Simard,
evidently. Entrust his child to an adult other never will have seemed so
risky. For this is the authority link that becomes the poison. The mastery
that has not as beacon that the judgement of the master. The other element
of reflection that spring of the history of the cyclist, this is all what
revolves around the will of transmitted success notably by the father. This
father that some knew long and that did for him to sign contracts for that
she be first of his class, we relate Alain Gravel. I say success, but is
this really of that that it is question in this quest of the first place
that pushed Jeanson to accept the abuse, to win while lying? Or not does
one speak rather of absolute triumph, of something that does not have to be
interpreted, that does not have to go through an adult reflection on the
relative value of what has just been accomplished? I know that to forces to
want to put into perspective, exactly, one can end up to lose the direction
even of the idea of excellence. And no, a fourth place, this is not the
same thing that a first one. And yes, this is not a bad idea to want to
win. But between the euphémismes doudous encouraged by a certain type of
education to protect to all price confidence in itself of the children, and
the triumph doped supported by the parents, not there does it have
intermediary zones where one could send our children to do the sport and
excel without falling in an infernal engrenage?

The small liar This morning, big file on the matter Jeanson in The Press,
with the exit next week of the new book of the journalist Alain Gravel.
Including a chronicle of your humble serviteure to this subject. The team
that has gone out the doping matter had so stock that a book was completely
justified. One there learns notably that the athlete claims to be victim of
physical and verbal violence and even of sexual blackmail from his trainer
and that she actually was taken in an engrenage - the title of the book
besides, THE Matter Jeanson: the engrenage - that took it to dope itself.
One there speaks also of his father, that wanted that she wins to the point
to look at elsewhere when one took his girl towards the EPO. Geneviève so
lied on the subject of his doping that one can only to take the all with a
grain of salt. But remains that of messed ones up relations soaked abuse of
power between athlete and trainer, this is not the first time that one sees
that. Disrupting. Mary claude Lortie Commentaries of the readers Ladies
Couillard, Jeanson, soon Reads Thibault, assuredly a day Myriame Bédard,
have or will write a book. I suggest a title "MY HISTORY MY TRUTH". Do you
have suggestions of titles? The only one that itself some well took out
finally this is Céline Dion. I think not that she speaks about it in a
book. Lie, confabulate, handle, criticize the others. quite obviously Miss
Jeanson possesses all the ************ to become candidateto the elects

Matter Jeanson: job method to not to follow Silvia Galipeau Which horror.
Imagine an ambitious father to the point to let contracts of school success
sign to his child. Not to 15 years. But to 7! In the kind of precocious
pressure, one with difficulty can do better. For that his girl be the
better one in bicycle this time, the father will accept tacitement that she
injects herself EPO. What she injects herself EPO! That is not banal,
anyway: this is to say, neither more nor less, that it will encourage it,
not only to cheat, but also to lie. Beautiful parental model. Really. To
say nothing of the hell that will live next the poor girl with his trainer,
the psychological and physical violence that she will undergo, and sexual
relations to which ones she will fold herself. This is there of course it
"sad" (for lack of better qualifier) history of Geneviève Jeanson, revealed
by the journalist Alain Gravel (Investigates, Radio Canada), in a book to
appear under little, to the editions Voices Parallel. The colleague Simon
Drouin in relates here and here the big lines. You want to wreck the life
of a child? You know now exactly what to do. The (bad) examples do not
lack. Of course, the cyclist has his responsibility party, without
speaking, horror, trainer. But poorly placed ambition of the paternal one,
to my humble opinion, also. Commentaries of the readers The word of a small
liar is worth which she is worth but she could let mother hang and father by
those that read its declarations out context and allow themselves to judge
to the takes piece. Alain Gravel of his side is itself, I have some well
fear, left induced in a fabric of half truths. This file serves us lies on
lies that this be Geneviève itself (that, underline the, did not stop saying
that she never had doped herself until the evidence be too big) or of his
entourage.

Who therefore has again interest to what one to put back this tasteless
salad to the menu? Ah yes, of course, there is a book to sell!

October 30 2008

The cursed couple reemerges A detail had annoyed me in the strange relation
that maintained Geneviève Jeanson and André Aubut. That happened after a
disputed race on the Royal mount. The media hounded Jeanson, certain for a
group interview, of others for individual discussions. Aubut, a doubled
trainer of a poorly high dog on duty, had kept it energetically
out-of-the-way. Impossible to approach it. As if the guru had feared that
she escapes compromise something, for her or for him. Which had done to say
a day to the excellent trainer cyclist Éric Van Den Eynde that Jeanson was
the one of the athletes of his environment that it less had known it because
Aubut hid it always. To hide it why? Did it fear that the cat to go out
bag? If Jeanson has all a life of lies behind her, the one of Aubut is
loaded with secrets, so professional as sexual. In the two cases, his
passed seems extremely heavy. The cursed couple will reemerge following the
publication of a book THE Matter Jeanson: the engrenage. Everyone has its
wrongs. To the basis, the parents of the athlete did not do anything to
subtract it to the system tentacles. They imposed him a pressure while she
was very young, which probably incited their girl to not to back up in front
of anything, some years later, to attain the excellence that one demanded of
her. Aubut, the torturer, satisfied its low instincts while the parents
diverted the head. How they were able to leave their girl of 15 years to
travel with an adult that some had almost 40 and divide his room? All that
world sadly seemed connivance. Jeanson accuses his father of not to have
saved it when she got stuck in the consumption of products drugs, which it
knew since the beginning, we says one.

A child of 15 years that does itself to kiss, grope and attack sexually in a
hotel room often is marked for life. Certain will save themselves while
crying. Of others choose to remain. She remained. She did it because she
wanted to attain the summit, there where Aubut had promised to bring it.
She remained while doing to pass his glory thirst before his esteem of
oneself. Jeanson cannot accuse of all the evil those that gravitated around
her without looking in itself the mirror. Without looking at itself very
attentively.

October 30 2008

"If I had known... "Tino Rossi presented Geneviève Jeanson to André Aubut
while she had only 14 years Geneviève Jeanson did to jump well of the world
the last year at the time of its confessions to the Journalist Alain Gravel,
to the émissionEnquête of Radio Canada, but this is nothing in look of what
this checkerboard writes in his book THE Matter Jeanson: the engrenage, that
will be sold on Thursdays. In this book, Jeanson relates, among others,
that André Aubut threatened it, beaten and forced to have sexual relations
with him, during the ten years that lasted their association. "II had such
a mastery on me that I felt obliged to satisfy its least desires, including
sexual", she said to the author. "Without make use of the physical force, I
felt to some forced returns to do molesting going to the fellatio. "If I
refused, it did it for me to pay while being mean with me. "She mentions
also as Aubut already threatened it to kill it and to commit suicide next if
she decided to leave it. "I am not surprised of all these revelations,
declared yesterday the founder on Tuesdays cyclists of Lachine, Joseph Tino
Rossi. I have besides summer the one of the first ones to notice me that
André Aubut had a very big mastery on her. "

Rossi remembers, among others, of his trip to Vérone, in Italy, when Jeanson
became the first Canadian athlete to win the World Championship of feminine
cycling. "She succeeded the exploit at the age of 16 years in winning two
médailles of now, on the road and to the against-it-shows, remembered Rossi.
André Aubut was there with his woman, just like the parents of Geneviève.
This is there that I noticed that that did not go well in the couple Aubut.
Besides, a year later, it was divorced. "First encounter Rossi remembers
very well of his first encounter with Jeanson to Lachine. "She returned
from a meeting of artistic skating to the aréna when I see it to pass with
his father. The latter returned to see me later to say me than she had
fallen in love with the bicycle. I decided to be going to take a ride with
her and I was able to note that she was a determined and sure girl of its
means despite his very young age. "Rossi says not to have put time to see
in she a future champion. "I did a big revelation to his father saying some
for him that his girl was going to become a day champion of the world", it
underlined. Visionary that the young Jeanson had a lot of potential, Rossi
decided to entrust it to the trainer of his team, Sylvain Leblanc. The
latter declared that Jeanson, that was then 14 years old, wanted
compétitionner to a higher level. "Aubut worked to my store and I see in
him a very disciplined man, related Rossi. My children had had it as
professor and said that it was very exacting. This is there that I decided
of him to present Geneviève Jeanson. "Regrets Nevertheless, Rossi was far
to doubt itself that this encounter was going to change the life of the
young cyclist. "If I had known what would go through after, I never would
have done this presentation", it followed. "How could I know that André
Aubut was going to be a question of go out it with Geneviève? At first, I
believed a lot in that girl and I was certain of have done the good choice
presenting some for him Aubut. "

According to Rossi, Jeanson was all simply victim of the circumstances.
"This is not she that ran after all its problems, it was anxious to say.
She all simply was taken in an engrenage. "II there has people behind all
that that are the big persons in charge, people that did not do their work
as they would have had. Themselves they had been at the height, Jeanson
never would have undergone this hard nightmare ", it concluded.

October 30 2008

"If that can help the parents... "- Alain Gravel Alain Gravel, the book
author THE Matter Jeanson: the engrenage, had little having been motivated
when it put himself to the work, before to discover itself talents of
writer. Himself bitten bicycle, Gravel did not think to have as much
pleasure to write this work. "After my report series to Radio Canada the
last year, I had a suggestion to write a book and this is in January 2008
that I began working there over, explained yesterday Gravel, joins to
Ottawa. I did not believe to like that as much. It was fascinating. It is
necessary to say that I was helped by a good recherchiste. "This is in
December 2006 that Alain Gravel began being very interested in the matter
Jeanson for his transmission Investigates to Radio Canada. "I had my first
encounter with Geneviève in January 2007 and all linked afterward, it said.
A morning, while I was in Arizona for my reports, I went hiking several
hours with her without movie camera. "She revealed me a lot of things. She
also gave me a photo where one sees his eye to the black butter following a
fist blow that threw him André Aubut at the time of a training in the desert
in 2004, dissatisfied of his performance to the race Red Lands in
California. "One can see this photo in the book.

One sees well the eye to the black butter of Geneviève Jeanson while she
bears on this photo with a friend, to the center, and his trainer André
Aubut "which Geneviève said me on André Aubut, of 25 years his oldest child,
is true, added Gravel. I have besides spoken with several former friends of
Aubut that me all confirmed his bad character and its sudden ones change of
mood. I had myself two or three conversations with him. It all denied
except doping. Then, two weeks later, I received a letter being said me
that it had lied me on the subject of doping, that it never on drugs
airplane Geneviève." An exacting father On The subject of the father of
Jeanson, Yves Jeanson, Gravel
writes in his book that it always was very exacting towards his girl.
"According to what she said me, it wanted that she be the better one of his
class without what it deprived it leisures, declared Gravel. I know that
people warned Mr. Jeanson that his girl ran a big danger with Aubut, but,
probably to protect it, it did the ostrich in front of this unhealthy
liaison. "Gravel finally put back his narrative disrupting in last August.
"My book contains 280 pages, but it reads himself very well. I would say
that that resembles a lot to a thriller policeman. It will leave tracks, it
is sure. If it can help also the parents to open the eyes, so better. This
is a message to the
bottom that I want book. Pay attention to that you entrust your children...
", Concluded Gravel.

October 30 2008

THE Matter Jeanson: l'engrenage.. The descent to the hells of a cyclist
Catherine Girouard A history of ascension towards glory followed by a
descent to the hells, punctuated doping, of violence, of domination and of
sexual forced relations. This is the history that the Quebec ex-cycliste
Geneviève Jeanson related to the journalist Alain Gravel, a year after
acknowledging taking drugs. In his book THE Matter Jeanson: l'engrenage..,
the journalist relates the sequence of his investigation on all this
history. Which vision did give you sport your incursion in the world of a
professional athlete? I took more conscience that this always is not very
pink, in this world. The reality is not as the picture that the Olympic
ones can give us. All there is performance question. Do you have the
impression, after she lied for several years on his usage of EPO, that
Geneviève Jeanson related you the truth? This is the question that remains
a little unresolved. On what she related me, she finished by to say me the
truth while acknowledging to have taken EPO. She has me therefore at least
says the truth on a thing. And we did a lot of verifications with several
sources. Evidently, his former trainer, André Aubut, been born adamantly
which Geneviève relates. It says me, in an e-mail, that six or seven months
before his suspension, she would have asked for him to return to normalcy
his trainer. It would have refused and she would have avenged herself, he
says. This is the word of the one against the other word. Can one to say
that your book is a biography? No. This is the history of my journalistic
investigation on the history of Geneviève Jeanson. By the writing style,
the reader will have the impression to follow me in my investigation. And I
did my in a manner work very independent. I never asked the permission to
that that this be to write this book, but I had notified Geneviève.

The hell of Geneviève Jeanson The journalist Alain Gravel had done to
acknowledge the truth to Geneviève Jeanson. She took EPO. It had the
confidence body that it delivers us in a book to appear. She was abused as
much physically that sexually. Not so glorious the life of athletes as we
show it the mice on the podiums. The médailles to the neck are magnificent.
But do they obliterate the sacrifices consent for there to arrive? Mary
claude Lortie does not know how to untangle the true one false one, so
Jeanson lied on his consumption of EPO and his career. But she cannot
prevent herself from note that this is the first time that a relation
entraineur and athlete is messed up. The player of French tennis Isabelle
Demongeot denounced his trainer that violated several players of tennis. It
must do facing justice. How much other trainers abuse as much
psychologically that physically of the young ones that the parents put for
them between the hands? This blog thinks that the matter has no public
interest and that Alain Gravel will be the only one to profit from it. One
there accuses Lyne Bessette to profit from it. "The one that gossips
everywhere the number of victories that she would have had if Jeanson had
not been there... The class and sport love do not do definitively more left
the life of the athletes of our time. "Isn't that right exactly of public
interest to unveil this matter to warn the parents. To avoid other abuses.
To avoid other matters Geneviève Jeanson? This is what hopes also Richard
Larose. For should not the sport be an ordeal, a way of not cross?

October 30 2008

Violence in front of witness IT WAS July 25 2001 to Dieppe, to the New one-
Brunswick. After one against it- shows won by Lyne Bessette, André Aubut
pricked the one of its worse crises in front of witnesses while launching a
radio with forces on the trunk of his protected one, Geneviève Jeanson. She
had just finished second with ten seconds of delay. I was present.
Completely outside him, the individual had lost the mastery of its emotions
and no one arrived to check it. Furious crazy. Several other Quebec and
Canadian cyclists see it to lose the pedals in a violent way that day.
Already, to 19 years, Geneviève was convinced that she was nothing without
this trainer.

Which gâchis since she had a superior talent to the whole others as early as
its beginnings, at the same time that me at first of years 90. In July
2005, to the return of the national championships in the country west to
Kamloops, the unhealthy mastery that it exercised on her burst literally the
eyes. Evident mastery Six months before announcing his cycling retirement,
Geneviève was incapable to greet athletes that she mixed with since near of
ten years. Relation had slipped since beautiful lurette and no one could
open the cage in which she seemed confined. Even without proof, impossible
for the observers of the environment to imagine something else that a
destructive relation between the two. The book details will confirm our
suspicions. To the same period that Jeanson, I had the luck to meet a
trainer that was also professor of physical education in a polyvalent one of
Quebec. As Aubut. When training was not at his taste, there was not slaps,
of coronations or of blows of fist. We were going to pedal to Bernières to
find a solution while eating a strawberry basket. Charles Dionne had the
same coach. Our parents knew pertinemment that we were between good hands
and we like again both of them the cycling, today. Lyne Bessette is
justified in to be shocked: his rival unfortunately did a lot more money
than she during his short career.

Between the honor and the fric. I had sworn myself of not to comment on the
Matter Jeanson. There some has a lot of others that can do it better than
me. What does me to go back over my resolution, is to see money (lost or
won according to), once more, motivate certain the bulk of reactions. Shame
and the disgrace, on a pile of fric, is that worth what? All the one and
all those that were cheated by the clan Jeanson should understand that so
big be wealth ($), she has no value if she is associated with deception.
The rage, anger and hate are negative, destructive feelings of which it is
necessary to move away himself. Have the quiet conscience, that has not
price! To join the author of these lines:

October 31 2008

Jeanson and Bessette, the continuation My chronicle on Geneviève Jeanson
and Lyne Bessette gave rise to lively reactions with several readers.
Almost all the e-mails that I received are critical towards Bessette.
"Petty", "embittered", "no class" : Bessette, that did not digest that
Jeanson enriches itself on his back and the one of the other cyclists in
itself drug for his whole career, does not seem obviously to find thanks to
your eyes. Allow that I repeat it: Bessette has all the rights to be
furious, even after all these years. She did herself to fly by Jeanson.
There is not other word to describe the reality. Some go until to insinuate
that Bessette is not white as snows, that she surely doped herself she also.
I know that one cannot swear anything in the sport, but allow that I recall
some facts. Bessette never was forbidden competition because his
hématocrite too student, as this arrived to Jeanson to Hamilton, in 2003.
She never omitted to present itself to a test antidopage, as Jeanson did it
to the Walloon Arrow in 2004. She never failed test antidopage, in contrast
to Jeanson (Turn of Toona, 2005). Its performances were constant. She did
not withdraw herself any tests to the last minute for reasons nebulas. She
was not isolated as was it Jeanson. And if a Quebec cyclist had the means
to pay itself a program of elaborated doping, it was Jeanson. Not Bessette.
A last thing. I will believe really to the to regret Jeanson the day where
I will learn that she decided to pour a part of its gains frauduleusement
obtain to the Quebec Federation of the sports cyclists or to a charitable
work. Of here there...

Robert

Nov 2, 2008, 9:39:41 PM11/2/08

"b...@mambo.ucolick.org" <bjwe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ben

Wrong on both counts, that's not my take at all. Bessette is furious that
Jeanson will profit from film and book rights now. She's going to profit
from the scandal now. The fact she broke under the pressures of the
interview is one thing. I don't fault her for that. I do think Bessette has
a point about her cashing in on the Book/Film deal. Go read the posted
articles above and then make your own conclusions.

Robert

Robert

Nov 2, 2008, 10:12:23 PM11/2/08

"Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote in message

Also, remember her parents would rather she kept quiet about all of this,
and bury this chapter in her life instead of keeping the fires going. She's
not on speaking terms with her folks, as I am sure that film and book deal
is something they don't approve of because it makes them out to be bad
parents and tarnishes their reputation. That's all they need is to hear
about in their hometown is a book and movie about their daughter which makes
them out to be overzealous, insensitive, not responsible, blind or in the
dark about what went on all those years. She is selling out, and its going
to hurt people who won't have a say in it. I'm sure her parents would much
rather she not do the film and book deals. However, after she cracked in the
interview, the cat got out of the bag.

Look, Marsal said Jeanson would of been a great champion without using EPO.
I am not degrading her as a great cyclist, because she was a great climber,
but just how good without the EPO, I don't know. I do know she knew she was
cheating and that it was wrong. This isn't the old Soviet Union or Germany,
so all things considered; with our freedoms here in the USA and Canada, she
could of found a way out if she wanted it bad enough. She liked winning, and
probably got used to the fast lane, although she went through hell on the
flip side. However now, cashing in again on the book and movie, I don't
agree with, but so what, its just my opinion. I'll take into consideration
what the writers and researchers, journalists have to say on the subject, so
flame away all you want.

Robert

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 2, 2008, 11:09:15 PM11/2/08
On Nov 2, 6:29 pm, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> The interview isn't where things went wrong.
>
> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.
>
> No, but my point is if she decided not to go public, she would be under much
> less stress and scrutiny right now. Obviously she didn't know she would
> crack under the pressure of the relentless reporters who diligently went
> back and forth checking the facts and wearing her down with the follow-ups.
> Originally she intended to give a harmless denial interview for cash, and
> then things fell apart in the last segment, which is what they hoped for. In
> pursuit of a blockbuster story, they kept hounding her until she cracked!

Dumbass -

It would only be considered cracking if one is on the side of the
sexual molester.

The truth coming out actually makes her a more sympathetic figure.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 2, 2008, 11:11:39 PM11/2/08
On Nov 2, 6:39 pm, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:

> Wrong on both counts, that's not my take at all. Bessette is furious that
> Jeanson will profit from film and book rights now. She's going to profit
> from the scandal now. The fact she broke under the pressures of the
> interview is one thing. I don't fault her for that. I do think Bessette has
> a point about her cashing in on the Book/Film deal. Go read the posted
> articles above and then make your own conclusions.

Dumbass -

If Bessette is jealous about her rival profiting from a story of being
the victim of child molestation/control freakitude, then she's got
some problems herself.

Would she trade places?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Robert

Nov 2, 2008, 11:37:47 PM11/2/08

"Kurgan Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

True, but this was not a police interrogation, but simply a sports
interview, where the journalists probably thought if they keep pressing her,
she might crack. However I don't know how sympathetic anyone would be
towards her if they saw the interviews where at one point responding to the
allegations and doping, she said - "I don't give a flying fuck". She didn't
seem contrite until the end, when she confessed.

Robert

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 12:06:10 AM11/3/08

If Bessette is jealous about her rival profiting from a story of being
the victim of child molestation/control freakitude, then she's got
some problems herself.

Would she trade places?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Well, if read the newly added piece above, you could read Bessette comments
for yourself. I think she said if cheating is getting ahead, I might as well
change jobs. Bessette lost some 20 races and thousands of dollars to
Jeanson. That's the first time I have seen these comments. The problem with
profiting from the book and movie deal is it hurts her parents, and they
don't forgive her on this, so the piece says. Call me old fashion I guess,
but I just don't like hurting the folks when it seemed they thought at the
time, they were doing what they thought was best for her. However, I guess
her Dad thought they would eventually be married partners, and indeed they
did for a short time. If she hadn't of done that interview, book and movie
deal, her parents wouldn't of suffered public ridicule they are getting now
for the past year. What do you want to do, put a spotlight on this problem
or respect her parents wishes and privacy? That's your call.

Robert

Michael Press

Nov 3, 2008, 1:50:44 AM11/3/08
In article <oJqdnQ6VXapnpZPU...@earthlink.com>,

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

Yes, I think so. To put it directly: I know so.
Sixteen, surrounded by grown-ups (because I will not call them adults)
encouraged to take any drug offered, encouraged into a
single-minded effort. Oh right, the grown-ups around her
did not stand to benefit from her racing wins. (that was sarcasm)
Plausible deniability is not enough.
And if she was inclined to embrace a single-minded
program, it is the duty of the grown-ups to leaven
that attitude.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

Nov 3, 2008, 1:55:16 AM11/3/08
In article <14Sdnfq3lLim8ZPU...@sti.net>,
"Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:

You need to rectify that plausible-deniability thing.
Here is a start: she was a minor.

--
Michael Press

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 3, 2008, 3:56:59 AM11/3/08
On Nov 2, 9:06 pm, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:
> "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Dumbass -

I've got no respect at all for her parents.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

John Forrest Tomlinson

Nov 3, 2008, 6:06:43 AM11/3/08
On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 21:06:10 -0800, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net>
wrote:

>The problem with
>profiting from the book and movie deal is it hurts her parents, and they
>don't forgive her on this, so the piece says. Call me old fashion I guess,
>but I just don't like hurting the folks when it seemed they thought at the
>time, they were doing what they thought was best for her.

You're kidding right? I hope so.

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 1:07:48 PM11/3/08

"John Forrest Tomlinson" <usenet...@jt10000.com> wrote in message

Hurting my parents? No, I don't entertain the idea of hurting my parents,
for almost any reasons!

Or based simply on the statement she made that her Dad knew? At what point
in time did her Dad know, after she turned 16? It's not clear what her Dad
knew and when. It states at some point in time her Dad knew they were having
sexual relations. She was a minor, not good, true. Lots of parents allows
their kids to hook up and/or get married at 15, 16, 17. He obviously thought
Aubut was a great coach and was thrilled to the exclusion of all else that
her daughter was going to the top, and like most parents, they saw this as
her daughter being set for life if things panned out.

If Jeanson acted like she was also thrilled and in love with Aubut at the
time, their parents, like a lot of parents didn't stand in the way of fame,
success, and to be set for life. It seems only her Dad knew about the sexual
adventures, but not her Mom. Her Mom seems to be in the dark on most of this
stuff. Her Mom seems like a casualty of this whole thing, so really her Dad
made the mistake of overlooking what was going on in the name of success and
most folks want their kids to be happy, and they thought she was.

EPO is cheating, but you have to put the sexual stuff in the right context.
Her parents saw them as possibly partners for life and they did eventually
get married for a short time. Remember also, Jeanson is no angel in this, as
she said in the interview, "I don't give a flying fuck", when asked about
the doping allegations. Jeanson enjoyed the fast lane and the money too, so
her Dad thought all was well, and allowed the affair to be part and parcel
of her cycling career.

Before the interview, this whole thing was pretty much buried and old news,
outside of the positives, which she and her doctor explained away. She never
paid back the prize money to Toona and other races, and the promoters could
then give the money to Bessette and others like Thorburn. Jeanson is now
going to profit twice now, from winning by cheating in those races and
getting money for the interviews, the book and movie deal. It's no wonder
Bessette is furious!

What I don't like about this are the innocence people who are getting hurt
in the process, like Bessette for one who doesn't like not only getting
ripped off in the races, but also what has been written about her in this
scandal. Also Jeanson's parents are getting trashed in a book and movie,
while her daughter will profit from the scandal yet again! Looks at it from
a parents perspective, and from the riders perspective. The folks did what
they felt was in the best interest of their daughter, and you might think
Jeanson would respect a little of their privacy in the end.

In a way, I am all for the story getting told, because it informs the public
about the problems and pitfalls, but I don't like the idea of taking the
parents to the cleaners in public either. I wouldn't do that to my parents,
all things considered. I am just not convinced that her parents are total
dirtbags on this. I need more proof about what went on in the early years
and how this played out, instead of the sensationalism that the book and
movie will offer.

Her parents don't forgive her, and that should tell you something. The
interviews, book and movie deal must be totally devastating to her parents,
and is probably wrecking their lives. Jeanson on the other hand has her
whole life in front of her. She can do anything she wants and succeed in
America. Nothing much in the real world will keep her from getting ahead and
putting all this behind her. Remember cycling is a small sport, and hardly
anyone knows who she is here in America, but in her folks hometown in
Canada, this must be very grevious to her parents and how they are affected
there.

I know someone who interviewed Jeanson several times and followed her at the
races. Someone who talked with Aubut on many occasions. He waited almost six
months before he carefully changed his mind about Jeanson. He doesn't
believe she is as much of a victim as she makes herself out to be. In other
words, she might be sensationalizing beyond the actual truth. Aubut was
controlling and a strict disciplinarian with Jeanson. He wanted her to win,
and they wanted to make money.

Unfortunately she was at the mercy of his personality and being an world
class athlete and olympic hopeful in canoeing events himself, he ruled with
a stick, instead of a carrot. Her parents accepted his training methods and
the EPO use, because they saw she was winning races, and she seemed to be
happy at the time. They are not perfect parents, but they are her parents. I
put most of the blame with Aubut, as many coaches have pulled the wool over
many parents eyes in the past. This is nothing new, where parents trust
coaches way too much, and then disaster results.

This has happened before, played out in the media in coaches in high school
volleyball coaches and such. Parents can only do so much in today's society.
Today, you must spare the rod, as in the old days, parents were allowed to
discipline their children as were teachers. Those rights are gone now. As a
parent, you have fewer choices as to how to discipline your children.
Therefore its crucial that coaches and teachers be good role models and do
right by our kids.

Bob Schwartz

Nov 3, 2008, 2:32:09 PM11/3/08

Scary dumbass,

Tom Kunich

Nov 3, 2008, 2:45:32 PM11/3/08
"Michael Press" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> You need to rectify that plausible-deniability thing.
> Here is a start: she was a minor.

Psst - not when she was caught....

derF...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2008, 3:41:10 PM11/3/08
On Nov 2, 6:34 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> So if I have you correctly, you know more about her never having met her
> than I do having met her. Seems like your kind of logic alright.

Funny (well not really) how these things get turned into being about
TK.

derF...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2008, 3:42:20 PM11/3/08
On Nov 2, 8:32 pm, "b...@mambo.ucolick.org" <bjwei...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's like people who fawn over 13-year-old hypertrained,
> developmentally stunted gymnasts that ought to be
> out doing whatever it is normal 13-year-olds do instead.

or who post kiddie-pornish model photos of Belgian girl cyclists?

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 2:55:27 PM11/3/08

"Bob Schwartz" <bob.sc...@REMOVEsbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> Scary dumbass,

Worthless dumbass, say something intelligent or go back to drinking your
beer!

While I might enjoy reading the book or watching the movie, I don't agree
with her profiting from it. She will go on to make much more money in her
regular career, then the fast cash from these adventures, while her parents
will have to endure the bad memories for years of suffering and heartache
from these tell all revelations.

Robert

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 3:52:03 PM11/3/08

<derF...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Idiot, this group doesn't support binaries.

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 3, 2008, 4:01:37 PM11/3/08
On Nov 3, 10:07 am, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:

> In a way, I am all for the story getting told, because it informs the public
> about the problems and pitfalls, but I don't like the idea of taking the
> parents to the cleaners in public either.

Dirtbag -

Her parents deserve it more than anyone. Duh! Who else is going to
look at for their kids' interests?

Definitely not perverts like Aubut. Or you.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Tom Kunich

Nov 3, 2008, 4:14:00 PM11/3/08
<derF...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Not nearly as funny as your seeming to have missed Henry's, "As usual,

Ryan Cousineau

Nov 3, 2008, 4:17:44 PM11/3/08
In article <U46dndypC6xByZLU...@earthlink.com>,

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

Sigh.

Jeanson bears considerable responsibility for being an adult EPO user,
and she has a life ban from racing to show for it. People here seem to
be talking about how she'll go on to "her career" now that she's done
racing, but I have no idea what career she could possibly

Whatever sins Jeanson committed, her coach and her parents were
complicit in (all while she was a minor, and her coach while she was an
adult) owing to their combination of knowledge about the doping and
their moral and legal duties of care.

In short, the young Jeanson was hideously betrayed by the people in her
life who were supposed to be her guardians and mentors. Their duty was
to discourage (not abet!) any urges Jeanson might have had to dope.
Instead, quite the opposite.

For French readers, this site appears to have some fairly recent
collections of links:

http://veloptimum.net/GenevieveJeanson.html

I haven't even touched on the issue of the Aubut-Jeanson "relationship."
I should say that statue-of-limitations wise, there likely was no issue.
But the whole thing is even more repugnant because of the ethical issues
that arise from a coach-athlete relationship.

If Aubut had been, say, Jeanson's high-school teacher (at least in my
province) and had had a similar relationship, he would have been guilty
of a criminal act, plus he would have likely suffered permanent
revocation of his teaching license.

A coach isn't a schoolteacher: Aubut had way more influence and
responsibility than any teacher over the young Jeanson.

--
Ryan Cousineau rcou...@gmail.com http://www.wiredcola.com/

Amit Ghosh

Nov 3, 2008, 4:26:12 PM11/3/08
On Nov 3, 4:17 pm, Ryan Cousineau <rcous...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I haven't even touched on the issue of the Aubut-Jeanson "relationship."
> I should say that statue-of-limitations wise, there likely was no issue.
> But the whole thing is even more repugnant because of the ethical issues
> that arise from a coach-athlete relationship.

dumbass,

a lot of athletes, but particularly female cyclists are emotionally
involved with their coaches. most of the time this isnt harmful, but
aubut's abusiveness was troubling to a lot of observers.

but the jeanson aubut relationship is complicated. jeanson MARRIED
aubut in 2006, a year after she had tested positive and her career
looked to be over.

Tom Kunich

Nov 3, 2008, 4:28:35 PM11/3/08

> Whatever sins Jeanson committed, her coach and her parents were
> complicit in (all while she was a minor, and her coach while she was an
> adult) owing to their combination of knowledge about the doping and
> their moral and legal duties of care.

Remember that I said that I met her when she was about 16 or 17. At that
time another Canadian girl that was on her team (if memory serves) was
significantly better than her and it was rather plain that she was not at
all happy with being second fiddle. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that
it was entirely her URGING that brought on the EPO use.

Now I can only give my impressions mind you, but the second year she was
significantly better than the first and those two were so head and shoulders
above the rest of the girls in their class that they weren't even in the
same category. And one thing was plain about those two Canadian girls and it
was that they were very self possessed. So I'm having a bit of a problem
with this "poor little me" story.

And while we're hearing about how she was sexually abused, perhaps we ought
to think about the fact that the jerk married her.

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 4:39:02 PM11/3/08

Her parents deserve it more than anyone. Duh! Who else is going to
look at for their kids' interests?

Definitely not perverts like Aubut. Or you.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Idiot, I grew up in a family of teachers. I know well enough about teachers,
as they often double for coaches. My parents and uncles were teachers, and
they play a big role in instilling values and morals into our kids today, at
least they used to before they retired. We trust them with our kids all day
long, and we expect them to do right by our kids.

I doubt her Mom deserves to be dragged through the mud with this tell all
book, while Jeanson profits from the scandals. The blame lies squarely on
Aubut's shoulders, not her parents. He's the one who dished out all the
abuse. Her parents trusted him to do the right thing, and he screwed them
over. He abused their trust, and he abused their daughter. If anyone was in
the dark and should have been paying more attention, its her father, but I
haven't seen enough evidence to conclude that her father knew all these
dirty secrets. It seems he looked on them as partners, and that they would
eventually get married.

You are making assumptions based on Jeanson's word, and she had lied in the
past, especially about using EPO. I take what Jeanson says with a grain of
salt, on some of this stuff. Yeah, some of that stuff probably went on, but
I am not so quick to sell her parents down the drain. I would like to read
the book, and then see what her parents have to say, hear their side of the
story. Remember, two people can have a relationship and get married if they
have the parents consent, and it appears her parents were duped. To what
extent, and how much they really knew and when, perhaps that will come out
in the book, but really all we have is Jeansons word, as I gather her
parents side of the story won't be told in the book!

Look, I have a older brother. He has three kids. He cannot touch them or
discipline them in any way like the old days. He has to rely on teachers as
role models as well as their sport coaches to be good role models. Really,
besides relatives and other family members, they trust their kids everyday
in the hands of these folks. That's why a lot of parents take their kids out
of public schools and put them in private schools so they can get the right
values and morals in life, because public school isn't what it used to be.
Right now, in California, they are trying to overturn prop 8, because they
don't want those things taught in public schools here. Teachers and coaches
are always going to be big role models for our kids. With the way parents
are restricted now, and with what they are allowing to be taught in school,
I see parents are in an ever increasing battle for their kids state of mind
and well being. I would never excuse what Aubut did, but I am more
sympathetic towards the jam their parents are in with this tell all book.

Robert

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 4:53:38 PM11/3/08

"Ryan Cousineau" <rcou...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Jeanson bears considerable responsibility for being an adult EPO user,

> and she has a life ban from racing to show for it. People here seem to
> be talking about how she'll go on to "her career" now that she's done
> racing, but I have no idea what career she could possibly

> Ryan Cousineau

Women's road cycling has such a small piece of the pie here in America, I
doubt anyone she confronts in her daily life will affect her ability to
obtain and maintain a job, or career. Heck, I have met people who don't even
know who Lance is, let along Jeanson. Jeanson, Jeanson who? I doubt
seriously she will have any problems in the real world being sucessful in
her next career. In fact I wonder if anyone who enters her burger joint now
even remotely knows who she is! However she is doing what she said she
wanted to do after cycling, and that is the pub thing!

As far as cycling, that's a world she has clearly said she wants nothing to
do with anymore!

Robert

John Forrest Tomlinson

Nov 3, 2008, 6:04:46 PM11/3/08
On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 10:07:48 -0800, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net>
wrote:

>"John Forrest Tomlinson" <usenet...@jt10000.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 21:06:10 -0800, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>The problem with
>>>profiting from the book and movie deal is it hurts her parents, and they
>>>don't forgive her on this, so the piece says. Call me old fashion I guess,
>>>but I just don't like hurting the folks when it seemed they thought at the
>>>time, they were doing what they thought was best for her.
>>
>> You're kidding right? I hope so.
>
>Hurting my parents? No, I don't entertain the idea of hurting my parents,
>for almost any reasons!
>
>Or based simply on the statement she made that her Dad knew? At what point
>in time did her Dad know, after she turned 16?

If you're going to argue the story's not true, that's one thing. If
it is true, she owes nothing to her parents.

Kurgan Gringioni

Nov 3, 2008, 6:22:19 PM11/3/08
On Nov 3, 1:39 pm, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:

> Look, I have a older brother. He has three kids. He cannot touch them or
> discipline them in any way like the old days. He has to rely on teachers as
> role models as well as their sport coaches to be good role models.

You have got to be kidding me.

That is one of the worst rationalizations I've heard in here. I'm out
of this thread.

derF...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2008, 6:29:27 PM11/3/08
On Nov 3, 3:52 pm, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:

> > It's like people who fawn over 13-year-old hypertrained,
> > developmentally stunted gymnasts that ought to be
> > out doing whatever it is normal 13-year-olds do instead.
>
> or who post kiddie-pornish model photos of Belgian girl cyclists?
>
> Idiot, this group doesn't support binaries.

mea culpa ... I'll try to be more accurate:

... or who fawningly post LINKS to kiddie-pornish model photos of
Belgian girl cyclists? then drool some more about it afterward.

derF...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2008, 6:36:52 PM11/3/08
On Nov 3, 4:14 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> > Funny (well not really) how these things get turned into being about
> > TK.
>
> Not nearly as funny as your seeming to have missed Henry's, "As usual,
> you've so got your head up your ass. Your brief encounters with her are
> irrelavent."

no, it wasn't missed, but since that is the normal state of affairs it
didn't seem necessary to point it out a second time (which you so
graciously did).

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 7:45:09 PM11/3/08

<derF...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Well you or Ka Chung should tell her that her modeling work is nothing more
then kiddie stuff. However, I bet she's kick your ass, because its an insult
to suggest that someone who is almost at the elite level now, riding in
juniors-seniors races is somehow nothing more then a 7 year old doing
distasteful kiddie modeling portraits. I guess since you don't even know the
definition of porn, then I shouldn't waste my time with your BS, because she
never took her clothes off in any of those modeling photos. From the ones I
saw, the camera work and modeling work was fairly well done. How is it, when
Mr. Dutch posts joking insulting remarks that pro women are jacking off pro
men with a link which people are afraid to click on, that's ok, but when
women want their work and status to be seen and respected, its trivialized
and degraded. Some of you male chauvinism pigs should think twice before you
open your mouth.

Robert

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 7:32:32 PM11/3/08

"Kurgan Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

You can rationalize it anyway you want. Nineteen countries including Sweden,
Britain and Israel have outlawed spanking, while in this country, 21 states
still allow teachers to spank kids in schools. That what I read as of 2007,
but my brother doesn't touch his kids, that's a no, no where he lives. He
tries to counsel them the best he can, and he works with their teachers to
make sure they get good morale support. He also touches base with their
coaches on a regular basis to keep track of what's going on. However, using
the rod is old school and it's not cool anymore.

Indeed, he does rely on teachers as role models for both teaching and
coaching. If he doesn't like a teacher way of doing things, he pulls them
out and puts them under someone who's leadership he feels will best serve
his kids best interest. Its the right of all parents to do this, and the
prudent thing to do, if one cares at all about how your kids turn out from
public school. Some schools have drop out rates as high as 50 percent, and
often that's not the kind of company you want for your kids. In Europe some,
countries have smaller classes where kids learn more, and they help each
other out when needed, as where here kids do get left alone and neglected
often by teachers who are overwhelmed by too many students. I have seen and
heard stories for 25 years now from my parents who taught kids all their
lives in public schools. I'm not saying where his kids are from, but it's
near the heartland.

If someone wants to sensationalize a story to sell books, that's the easiest
way to do it. Good journalism and investigative reporting requires doing
solid interviews with both Jeanson's mom and dad, and Jeanson herself, and
then sorting out the facts from fiction and doing repeated follow-ups to get
at the truth. That's what the writer should of done, along with interviewing
friends, relatives, and others from riders and those in the know. If the
book is pretty much just written from Jeanson's testimony, then I have to
take it with a grain of salt. Maybe fun reading, but not always factual.

Robert

derF...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2008, 10:51:48 PM11/3/08
On Nov 3, 7:45 pm, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:

> I guess since you don't even know the
> definition of porn, then I shouldn't waste my time with your BS, because she
> never took her clothes off in any of those modeling photos.

I think the FBI is interested in looking at your hard drive.

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 11:15:31 PM11/3/08

<derF...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Stupid dumbass, they wouldn't find one fucking thing! I don't look at that
shit, jackass, so shut the fuck up.

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 11:17:54 PM11/3/08

"Kurgan Gringioni" <kgrin...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> That is one of the worst rationalizations I've heard in here. I'm out
> of this thread.

I would conclude your rationalization about Bessette takes the cake.

B-

Ryan Cousineau

Nov 3, 2008, 11:25:35 PM11/3/08
In article <iL-dnVdIs8ae8JLU...@earthlink.com>,

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Ryan Cousineau" <rcou...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Whatever sins Jeanson committed, her coach and her parents were
> > complicit in (all while she was a minor, and her coach while she was an
> > adult) owing to their combination of knowledge about the doping and
> > their moral and legal duties of care.
>
> Remember that I said that I met her when she was about 16 or 17. At that
> time another Canadian girl that was on her team (if memory serves) was
> significantly better than her and it was rather plain that she was not at
> all happy with being second fiddle. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that
> it was entirely her URGING that brought on the EPO use.

Tom, here's the deal:

If you are a coach, in any sport, at any level, and your minor protege
even hints that they might like to try doping, or cheating, or whatever,
you have a duty of care to put a stop to that. You tell your athlete
that it's wrong, you tell them that you won't condone it, and you make
it clear that if you find out they are doping, you'll report them to the
relevant sporting authorities.

It's not even a grey area. There isn't a coaching association on the
planet that considers this a marginal issue, and doubly so with a
minor-aged athlete. If a coach can't bring themselves to report their
own athlete (admittedly, a pretty grisly step), they must at least
resign as the coach. Or if the athlete is on their team, the athlete
gets kicked off the team.

Of course, Aubut isn't accused here of knowing about the doping. Oh no.
He's accused of HELPING with the doping. In Jeanson's version, he
encouraged it! While she was a minor!

These aren't little, fiddly coaching-ethics violations. These are huge,
fundamental violations of pretty much every obligation a coach has.

As for the idea that a 16-year-old might have been "URGING" the EPO use,
well, we have a societal expectation that 16-year-olds have bad
judgment! That's why they can't vote, drink, or buy spray paint. That's
why their coaches and parents are expected to show better judgment than
the 16-year-old. That's why if a young athlete is doping, we have
serious questions for the grown-ups.

Like I say, this doesn't excuse Jeanson's adult doping, and she was
banned for life with cause (if nothing else, the first EPO bust was
supposed to be a wake-up call, and she doesn't seem to have gotten the
memo). I hope she does well in the rest of her life, and can put her
unpleasant cycling career behind her.

I really do feel for the women she raced against, who spent their
careers getting beat by someone who was cheating her way to victory.

I don't know what more I can say about this. There's plenty of villany
to go around in l'affaire Jeanson, but Andre seems to have earned his
horns the most honestly:

http://www.geocities.com/velonouvelles/articles/04/juil/Star1.html

BTW, just to prevent any duplicate effort, I did some Andrew Aubut
googlestocking, and found out there's a realtor by that name in Phoenix!

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/6/a7/b38

Now I've gone back and forth over his public info, and I'm pretty sure
it's not the same Aubut. However, if anyone would like to be really
creeped out, you can play separated-at-birth for yourself:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Jeanson0206_199.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aubut/343875125/in/set-72157594456361911/

Note that this is clearly another Aubut, as he marries his wife (who
clearly is not a professional cyclist) in 2005, while the Jeanson-Aubut
nuptials were in 2006.

Also, this link included for unintentional-hilarity reasons:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=96858864%40N00&ss=2&ct=6&q=bike

So, um, I guess that makes me creepy,

Robert

Nov 3, 2008, 11:52:29 PM11/3/08

> If you're going to argue the story's not true, that's one thing. If
> it is true, she owes nothing to her parents.

I'm assuming this book is in French, and won't have an english counterpart.
There are several French journalists I know in France who are following the
story and will probably read the book, so it will be somewhat interesting to
see what the French cycling press say about this book once releashed.

Robert

derF...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2008, 6:25:55 AM11/4/08
On Nov 3, 11:15 pm, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:

> Stupid dumbass, they wouldn't find one fucking thing! I don't look at that
> shit, jackass, so shut the fuck up.

Do the other personalities know about "Robert"?

mtb Dad

Nov 4, 2008, 12:12:11 PM11/4/08
On Nov 2, 2:16 pm, Ryan Cousineau <rcous...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <feednb7FNIM-m5PUnZ2dnUVZ_tCdn...@earthlink.com>,

>  "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
> > "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote in message
>
> > > None of this went as she originally wished.
>
> > That's BS. She was willing to do anything to win even as a 17 year old. As I
> > noted, the first year in Oregon her teammate was (I believe) Cybil
> > DiGuistini who was significantly faster than she was though they were both
> > head and shoulders above the American girls in their class. The following
> > year Jeanson was TONS faster than her previous year and she ran away from
> > all the Americans though Cybil wasn't there that year if memory serves.
>
> > Anyway, to pretend that somehow she was led into that drug stuff is pure
> > poppycock because she would do anything to win.
>
> Dude! She was a frigging minor when she started taking EPO! I don't care
> how much she wanted to win, and how willing she was to go along, her
> parents and her creepy, creepy coach had a duty of care to not induce,
> condone, or (as apparently was the case, at least with Aubut) actively
> encourage and assist doping.
>
> If you start your first course of EPO under the auspices of your coach,
> and at the age of 16, I would say that is de facto a case of being led
> into that drug stuff.
>
> Maybe there's some sort of responsibility due back to Jeanson, and
> certainly she didn't stop taking EPO until she was an adult and was
> suspended for life, but she was grotesquely let down by those who had a
> duty of care for her.
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau rcous...@gmail.comhttp://www.wiredcola.com/

> "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

+1 People have gone to jail for less. So should Aubut and her old man.

Robert

Nov 4, 2008, 12:21:01 PM11/4/08

<derF...@gmail.com> wrote in message

You are a total loser, and have added nothing to this thread except
antagonize Kunich and me. At least Kunich engages in reasonable intelligent
conversation.

Fuck off.

Fred Fredburger

Nov 4, 2008, 12:30:16 PM11/4/08
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2008 21:06:10 -0800, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net>
> wrote:
>
>> The problem with
>> profiting from the book and movie deal is it hurts her parents, and they
>> don't forgive her on this, so the piece says. Call me old fashion I guess,
>> but I just don't like hurting the folks when it seemed they thought at the
>> time, they were doing what they thought was best for her.
>
> You're kidding right? I hope so.

It's unfortunate, but true, that criminal behavior can almost always be
rationalized thusly. In fact, everyone involved probably DID have
themselves convinced they were doing what was best. Doesn't make it any
less criminal.

Robert

Nov 4, 2008, 12:37:19 PM11/4/08

> Ryan Cousineau

That was well stated, and spot on, IMO. I agree.

Robert

Michael Press

Nov 4, 2008, 1:38:16 PM11/4/08
In article <_aednbky6triGY3U...@sti.net>,
"Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:

Any stockings in the bureau?

--
Michael Press

derF...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2008, 7:36:48 PM11/4/08
On Nov 4, 12:21 pm, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:

> At least Kunich engages in reasonable intelligent
> conversation.

Well that confirms the diagnosis: can't distinguish reality from
fantasy.

Robert

Nov 5, 2008, 1:09:44 PM11/5/08

<derF...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Look, maggot. Ooze back under whatever door you oozed out from. I really
don't give a shit what you think loser. You haven't added a shred of
anything even remotely interesting to this thread, because you got nothing
to offer except to mock or hassle people who do.

Again, fuck off.

derF...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2008, 3:41:12 PM11/5/08
On Nov 5, 1:09 pm, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net> wrote:
> Well that confirms the diagnosis: can't distinguish reality from
> fantasy.
>
> Look, maggot. Ooze back under whatever door you oozed out from. I really
> don't give a shit what you think loser. You haven't added a shred of
> anything even remotely interesting to this thread, because you got nothing
> to offer except to mock or hassle people who do.
>
> Again, fuck off.

Dammit! Now I've got to clean the coffee off my monitor and keyboard.

Fred Fredburger

Nov 8, 2008, 2:46:04 PM11/8/08

I agree, Ryan's been great in this thread.

Tom Kunich

Nov 8, 2008, 3:29:27 PM11/8/08
"Fred Fredburger" <Fred.Fr...@Where.Are.The.Nachos.Huh> wrote in
message news:00mRk.66$Gm...@newsfe01.iad...

> I agree, Ryan's been great in this thread.

But Jeanson was using performance enhancing drugs AFTER she was an adult.

Fred Fredburger

Nov 8, 2008, 5:47:54 PM11/8/08

That's one fact. It's not the only one.

Tom Kunich

Nov 8, 2008, 6:30:25 PM11/8/08
"Fred Fredburger" <Fred.Fr...@Where.Are.The.Nachos.Huh> wrote in
message news:vGoRk.1858$6s5....@newsfe01.iad...

Then by all means explain to me when and where the drug problem became
important.

Fred Fredburger

Nov 8, 2008, 11:43:22 PM11/8/08

Ryan was correct when he said:

> Jeanson bears considerable responsibility for being an adult EPO user,
> and she has a life ban from racing to show for it. People here seem to
> be talking about how she'll go on to "her career" now that she's done
> racing, but I have no idea what career she could possibly
>

> Whatever sins Jeanson committed, her coach and her parents were
> complicit in (all while she was a minor, and her coach while she was an
> adult) owing to their combination of knowledge about the doping and
> their moral and legal duties of care.
>

> In short, the young Jeanson was hideously betrayed by the people in her
> life who were supposed to be her guardians and mentors. Their duty was
> to discourage (not abet!) any urges Jeanson might have had to dope.
> Instead, quite the opposite.
>
> For French readers, this site appears to have some fairly recent
> collections of links:
>
> http://veloptimum.net/GenevieveJeanson.html
>
> I haven't even touched on the issue of the Aubut-Jeanson "relationship."
> I should say that statue-of-limitations wise, there likely was no issue.
> But the whole thing is even more repugnant because of the ethical issues
> that arise from a coach-athlete relationship.
>
> If Aubut had been, say, Jeanson's high-school teacher (at least in my
> province) and had had a similar relationship, he would have been guilty
> of a criminal act, plus he would have likely suffered permanent
> revocation of his teaching license.
>
> A coach isn't a schoolteacher: Aubut had way more influence and
> responsibility than any teacher over the young Jeanson.

Michael Press

Nov 9, 2008, 1:14:58 AM11/9/08
In article <QoudndEccpuOvIvU...@earthlink.com>,

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Fred Fredburger" <Fred.Fr...@Where.Are.The.Nachos.Huh> wrote in
> message news:vGoRk.1858$6s5....@newsfe01.iad...
> > Tom Kunich wrote:
> >> "Fred Fredburger" <Fred.Fr...@Where.Are.The.Nachos.Huh> wrote in
> >> message news:00mRk.66$Gm...@newsfe01.iad...

> >> But Jeanson was using performance enhancing drugs AFTER she was an adult.
> >>
> > That's one fact. It's not the only one.
>
> Then by all means explain to me when and where the drug problem became
> important.

When parents and coach drugged a sixteen-year-old.

--
Michael Press

Ryan Cousineau

Nov 9, 2008, 4:27:28 AM11/9/08
In article <KTtRk.1928$lo6....@newsfe01.iad>,
Fred Fredburger <Fred.Fr...@Where.Are.The.Nachos.Huh> wrote:

I'm charmed that people seem to like my summary, but I should correct
this last paragraph. I meant "statutory" (as in rape), not "statute of
limitations." Wouldn't want anyone to think I was a dumbass or anything.

"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing

Fred Fredburger

Nov 9, 2008, 11:46:54 AM11/9/08

A dumbass? In RBR?

It seems clear to me that Jeanson is responsible for her actions, her
parents are responsible for theirs, and Aubut is responsible for what he
did. That's all fine as a starting place, but there's room for
interpretation about who did what and why. When you throw in the fact
that some of this started when Jeanson was a minor, there's room for
disagreement.

Thankfully, my judgment on all this is on no importance so I don't have
to sweat it. But I could if I wanted.

Change of subject. The comic in the upper left here made me laugh like a
crazy man. My wife came in and asked me why, so I showed her. "That's
stupid!" she said. Which made the joke twice as good.

http://www.gocomics.com/tomthedancingbug/

Ryan Cousineau

Nov 9, 2008, 4:45:33 PM11/9/08
In article <4uERk.1043$Gm3...@newsfe01.iad>,
Fred Fredburger <Fred.Fr...@Where.Are.The.Nachos.Huh> wrote:

I preferred "Hilarious Only to Six-Year-Olds."

Tom Kunich

Nov 9, 2008, 6:31:53 PM11/9/08
"Michael Press" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

Here's the problem there - there is such a thing as a statute of
limitations. They can't be held for what they did. AFTER she could make her
own judgments she agreed with theirs. That's the real problem.

Ryan Cousineau

Nov 9, 2008, 7:54:20 PM11/9/08
In article <M9adnVcMN7d374rU...@earthlink.com>,

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Michael Press" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > In article <QoudndEccpuOvIvU...@earthlink.com>,
> > "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Then by all means explain to me when and where the drug problem became
> >> important.
> >
> > When parents and coach drugged a sixteen-year-old.
>
> Here's the problem there - there is such a thing as a statute of
> limitations. They can't be held for what they did. AFTER she could make her
> own judgments she agreed with theirs. That's the real problem.

1) the statute of limitations means they can't be prosecuted. It doesn't
affect the nature of their actuions.

2) Without desiring to excuse Jeanson (if only out of consideration for
her cheated competitors) do you think that the counsel (both explicit
and implicit) she received from her parents and coach while she was
still an impressionable youth had anything to do with her adult attitude
towards doping?

Tom Kunich

Nov 9, 2008, 9:03:05 PM11/9/08

> 2) Without desiring to excuse Jeanson (if only out of consideration for
> her cheated competitors) do you think that the counsel (both explicit
> and implicit) she received from her parents and coach while she was
> still an impressionable youth had anything to do with her adult attitude
> towards doping?

Ahem.... The entire idea of the criminal justice system is that an adult
knows what is right and what is wrong. She can't fall back on the excuse
that because her coach started her on it she thought it was OK.

And the facts really are plain - she knew it was cheating and she did it in
order to win and get more money.

Fred Fredburger

Nov 9, 2008, 9:15:07 PM11/9/08

I get enough of that kind of nonsense from RBR.

Michael Press

Nov 9, 2008, 10:28:07 PM11/9/08
In article <ueadne3DHdvGC4rU...@earthlink.com>,

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

She got bad advice at a time when good advice
would have made a difference. Why do you not see that?

--
Michael Press

Tom Kunich

Nov 9, 2008, 11:50:44 PM11/9/08
"Michael Press" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

I do find it interesting that you haven't the faintest idea of how criminal
justice works in this country.

bjwe...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2008, 1:08:25 AM11/10/08
On Nov 9, 9:50 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Michael Press" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> >> Ahem.... The entire idea of the criminal justice system is that an adult
> >> knows what is right and what is wrong. She can't fall back on the excuse
> >> that because her coach started her on it she thought it was OK.
>
> >> And the facts really are plain - she knew it was cheating and she did it
> >> in
> >> order to win and get more money.
>
> > She got bad advice at a time when good advice
> > would have made a difference. Why do you not see that?
>
> I do find it interesting that you haven't the faintest idea of how criminal
> justice works in this country.

Neither Jeanson, her parents, her doctor, nor
Aubut are on trial, even if some of them should be.
Why are you talking about the criminal justice
system? We are talking about the issue of moral
responsibility.

When one of your hero pro tour riders turns up
positive, you come up with all sorts of excuses,
but all of sudden in the case of Jeanson you
want to assign her strict culpability. Yet you
excuse the people who allowed or encouraged
her to start doping as a youth, blinded by their
own visions of glory. It's repugnant, like
East-German sports-system repugnant.

For a brief time, they basked in the fame,
then she got the blame. Disgusting.

Ben

Howard Kveck

Nov 10, 2008, 1:03:34 AM11/10/08
In article <idudnSMxf64F_pLU...@sti.net>, "Robert" <Rob...@invalid.net>
wrote:

> "Bob Schwartz" <bob.sc...@REMOVEsbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Scary dumbass,
>
> Worthless dumbass, say something intelligent or go back to drinking your
> beer!
>
> While I might enjoy reading the book or watching the movie, I don't agree
> with her profiting from it. She will go on to make much more money in her
> regular career, then the fast cash from these adventures, while her parents
> will have to endure the bad memories for years of suffering and heartache
> from these tell all revelations.

What I find interesting is the change in your attitude toward Jeanson. You used to
totally fawn over her and defend her to the bitter end but now that it's come out
that she was sleeping with Aubut you're bashing her. It kind of looks like the
behavior of a guy who hates a girl he used to have a crush on after he finds out some
other guy's been in her.

--
tanx,
Howard

Abandon the Creeping Meatball!

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Mr. Doctor

Nov 10, 2008, 1:03:36 AM11/10/08
In article <M9adnVcMN7d374rU...@earthlink.com>,

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Michael Press" <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> > In article <QoudndEccpuOvIvU...@earthlink.com>,
> > "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Then by all means explain to me when and where the drug problem became
> >> important.
> >
> > When parents and coach drugged a sixteen-year-old.
>
> Here's the problem there - there is such a thing as a statute of
> limitations. They can't be held for what they did. AFTER she could make her
> own judgments she agreed with theirs. That's the real problem.

The statute of limitations doesn't enter into this, Tom. That only limits what can
legally be done to people for crimes committed. We can still condemn her parents for
their shit behavior in how they let Aubut treat Jeanson, and we can certainly condemn
Aubut for his horrendous behavior in getting her started down that path. And they can
both be condemned for letting her think that what she was doing was okay. The real
problem is that, thanks to her parents' and Aubut's attitudes, she learned at an
early age that cheating was acceptable.

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

Tom Kunich

Nov 10, 2008, 10:58:05 AM11/10/08

> We are talking about the issue of moral responsibility.

Perhaps you don't hook that in with the legal system but here's a hint -
that's the reason we put in a legal system.

> When one of your hero pro tour riders turns up
> positive, you come up with all sorts of excuses,
> but all of sudden in the case of Jeanson you
> want to assign her strict culpability.

By all means cite these "excuses" I give for pro tour riders.

And then explain this thing you have about not assigning Jeanson culpability
for using drugs to steal the victory from those who should have had it. Most
of the women racers do not use them.

As I noted, it was probable that after the Italian smash in the early 90's,
most men who wanted to remain racing were pretty much forced to use the
undetectable drugs.

Of course stupid jackasses want to identify one or two out of the group and
pretend that somehow they were taking advantage of the others when the fact
is that because they were almost all taking drugs it was more or less a
level playing field.

People who paid attention would have remembered that Andy Hampsten retired
early because he said that he wasn't going to take drugs and that was
becoming necessary to compete. When I asked Andy about it he changed the
subject.

Michael Press

Nov 10, 2008, 6:23:03 PM11/10/08
In article <a-WdnXz-DseTx4XU...@earthlink.com>,

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "b...@mambo.ucolick.org" <bjwe...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > We are talking about the issue of moral responsibility.
>
> Perhaps you don't hook that in with the legal system but here's a hint -
> that's the reason we put in a legal system.

Excerpt from the Code of Hammurabi:

14 If any one steal the minor son of another, he shall
be put to death.

15 If any one take a male or female slave of the court,
or a male or female slave of a freed man, outside the
city gates, he shall be put to death.

16 If any one receive into his house a runaway male or
female slave of the court, or of a freedman, and does
not bring it out at the public proclamation of the
major domus, the master of the house shall be put to
death.

17 If any one find runaway male or female slaves in the
open country and bring them to their masters, the
master of the slaves shall pay him two shekels of
silver.

18 If the slave will not give the name of the master, the
finder shall bring him to the palace; a further
investigation must follow, and the slave shall be
returned to his master.

19 If he hold the slaves in his house, and they are caught
there, he shall be put to death.

--
Michael Press

Ryan Cousineau

Nov 11, 2008, 12:33:51 AM11/11/08
In article <rubrum-FDE3AD....@news.sf.sbcglobal.net>,
Michael Press <rub...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Greg will be pleased to hear his rights are being protected.

Fred Fredburger

Nov 11, 2008, 3:29:17 PM11/11/08

Nice tie in.