In the News: French ant-doping lab at center of Floyd Landis case breached by hacker

Jason Spaceman

Nov 14, 2006, 8:07:41 AM11/14/06
Maybe Floyd has '1337 5k1LLz0rZ.

From the article:
French ant-doping lab at center of Floyd Landis case breached by
hacker

The Associated Press
Published: November 14, 2006

PARIS: A hacker attempted to steal data from computers at the French
anti-doping lab whose test procedures are being challenged by American
cyclist Floyd Landis, police said Tuesday.

The Chatenay-Malabry laboratory, which is accredited by the
International Olympic Committee and the World Anti-Doping Agency,
analyzed the samples which indicated that Landis had elevated levels
of testosterone in his system when he won the Tour de France in July.

Police are investigating a complaint that computers at the lab were
breached by a hacker. The complaint was lodged by French Anti-Doping
Agency president Pierre Bordry on Nov. 7.

The prosecutor's office in the Paris suburb of Nanterre has opened a
preliminary inquiry into "intrusion into an information system" and
"theft of data."

Read it at
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/11/14/sports/EU_SPT_Doping_French_Lab_Hacked.php

J. Spaceman

Donald Munro

Nov 14, 2006, 9:05:42 AM11/14/06
Jason Spaceman wrote:

> Maybe Floyd has '1337 5k1LLz0rZ.
>
> From the article:
> French ant-doping lab at center of Floyd Landis case breached by
> hacker

And from cyclingnews:
"Several e-mails, disguised as coming form the LNDD, were sent to sports
institutions UCI, IOC, WADA. Attached to these e-mails were excerpts of
internal documents concerning rectifications that had been made during
previous testing process, but taken out of context.

According to L'Equipe, a person with close ties to Floyd Landis has
been identified as the author of the e-mails by French investigators."

Ewoud Dronkert

Nov 14, 2006, 9:09:59 AM11/14/06
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 16:05:42 +0200, Donald Munro wrote:
> And from cyclingnews:

You still read that rag now that our friend Jeff has left them?!

--
E. Dronkert

dusto...@mac.com

Nov 14, 2006, 10:22:55 AM11/14/06

Donald Munro wrote:
> According to L'Equipe, a person with close ties to Floyd Landis has
> been identified as the author of the e-mails by French investigators."

This, true or not, is tremendously appealing to my sense of fairness.

Any dirt related to that lab needs to go to the front page, printed and
circulated for all to see, in the context that Dick Pound can get an
"interview" on Fresh Air (USA, National Public Radio program) and get
tossed some mighty lightweight questions while promoting his new book.
Yes, he played the "Save Your Children" card big and loud, and, to
listen only to that interview, you might have a favorable impression of
him.

Credit where due: The first question was "were swimmers doping when you
compteted?" Pound, of course, gave a low-key denial. No, in other
words, he's not getting revenge for losing medals to cheating dopers.
I'm not convinced, personally.

The comments on Marion Jones were quite telling (invitation to google),
as was his explanation of WADA's "method of conviction" when finding
athletes guilty of doping.

"The tests are reliable". Maybe not:

http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/special/03/crimelab/index.html

Loved the "lack of funds slows lab inquiry" story.

WTH, they're all criminals and dopers anyhow, right? Right? I mean, as
long as "you" personally are not in the crosshairs? Let God sort them
out... --D-y

Donald Munro

Nov 14, 2006, 10:49:44 AM11/14/06

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> You still read that rag now that our friend Jeff has left them?!

He's going to have produce an improved version of the Pezcyclingnews daily
distractions to get me to go to ProCycling. Surely he's still got some
contacts amongst the podium girls he used to take up in the blimp; I mean
they didn't just want him for the blimp did they ?