Floyd Fairness Fund

John Forrest Tomlinson

Jan 4, 2007, 7:08:54 PM1/4/07
http://www.floydfairnessfund.org/
--
JT
****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

raa...@hotmail.com

Jan 4, 2007, 6:58:34 PM1/4/07

I'd rather see money go to fairness for honest kids growing up in bad
neighbourhoods

MagillaGorilla

Jan 4, 2007, 9:35:25 PM1/4/07
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
> http://www.floydfairnessfund.org/

This is a reverse Robin Hood scheme re-badged and re-painted as a
righteous cause. Floyd and his fellow riders along with the pro teams
are to blame for signing onto the WADA code...and then they have the
audacity to ask the public to bail them out when they feel it's unfair
to them?

Why should the public be asked to pay for athletes' and teams'
negligence and mismanagement of their sport, let alone athletes who make
6-figures?

Pathetic.

Magilla

Message has been deleted

Steve

Jan 5, 2007, 12:36:10 AM1/5/07
Floyd is not rich. His career is seriously jeopardized. He only recently
started making decent money and does not have a Trust Fund to fall back on.
"DA74" <davida...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> And even more pathetic are the gullible master fatties who send him $$.
> In their delusional world it gets them closer to their hero.
>
> Fuck, Lance should set up the same scheme for his alimony and child
> support payments. In spite of his untold riches, I guarantee you these
> same morons would still send him money just to be a part of his life.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DA74

MagillaGorilla

Jan 5, 2007, 1:07:46 AM1/5/07
DA74 wrote:

> And even more pathetic are the gullible master fatties who send him $$.
> In their delusional world it gets them closer to their hero.
>
> Fuck, Lance should set up the same scheme for his alimony and child
> support payments. In spite of his untold riches, I guarantee you these
> same morons would still send him money just to be a part of his life.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DA74

I think Lance and the rest of the pro peloton should give to this fund.

Here's an excerpt from this Reverse Robin Hoold website that doesn't
hold water:

-----

"The ADO’s assume that the accused athlete is guilty before proven
innocent, and they conduct media-driven show trials to convict the
innocent and guilty alike in the court of public opinion -- well before
any adjudicative process is underway."

-----

Of course the ADO's (antidoping organizations) assume athletes are
guilty when both their A and B test come back positive. They're the
frickin' prosecutors.

What "show trial" has USADA conducted in Landis's case? Does anyone
have a link that shows this to be true?

Thanks,

Magilla

Message has been deleted

MagillaGorilla

Jan 5, 2007, 1:36:54 AM1/5/07
Floyd has more coin than 100% of U.S. domestic pros. Yet they don't ask
for money when they get busted by USADA. It's just Pro Tour riders like
Tylenol and Floyd who do.

Why does Floyd's defense cost so much anyway? I mean the trial is only
going to last like 3 days.

If you read all of Floyd's documents and expert pdfs - Arnie Baker, who
claims to be working pro bono - where the fuck does the six figure legal
bill come from?

Sorry, but when you hire an attorney and experts who overbill, you have
no right to ask the public to fund that malfeasance.

If the WADA/USADA system is so bad and as corrupt as Floyd says, then
that's something Floyd, USAC, Phonak, and the UCI should have addressed
years ago. They should divest from WADA oversight. Asking the public to
foot the bill for their governmental negligence and politicial stupidity
is pathetic. As a matter of fact, it's an insult. Maybe instead of
partying in Colorado bike shops with Megan's Law registrants, Och and
the cabal in snow mountain resort should get off their nepotistic asses
and fix some of these problems on behalf of the athlete licensees they
ostensibly represent.

The NBA, NFL, MLB, and NHL were smart enough and politically savvy
enough to keep their leagues away from USADA oversight and their
athletes still get to go to the Olympics. Why should the public pay for
the remiss governance of cycling teams, USAC and the UCI - all of whom
signed onto a system they claim is corrupt and broken.

Nobody forced cycling to join WADA.

Thanks,

Magilla

MagillaGorilla

Jan 5, 2007, 2:16:08 AM1/5/07
Let me clarify your "seriously jeopardized" qualification of Floyd's
career. If Floyd is acquitted, he will be given a multi-million dollar
contract by some team immediately - probably join Carphedon, Blood, and
Coke-head on Tinkoff and slam down some more whiskey and ice cold vodka
after races in the team hotel with some Russian girls from Minsk. Don't
tell me this guy doesn't own a couple of teen porn websites:

http://www.kommersant.com/page.asp?idr=1&id=591881

And if that happens he'll do well financially, as his whole Amish-ball
hip replacement story is about as blue-chip as you can get, and everyone
loves a Cinderella story (although Boyer just likes reading them to
little girls before they go to bed).

And if Floyd is found guilty, then no more wheelies down the Champs
E'Lysees and Amber will hit him with the Big D papers and probably get a
restraining order against him after he goes all apeshit Chicklet Mouth*
on her. Amber seemed pretty bitter in that Daily Peloton interview and
made statements to the effect that she seemed to think this whole USADA
trial was just some formality Floyd was going to breeze through before
heading back to training camp in Nice.

By the fucking way, that's a Bobby Jew-lick joke for all you BJ cruisers
in here.

Thanks,

Magilla

*Phil Anderson

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 5, 2007, 2:36:27 AM1/5/07

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> Floyd has more coin than 100% of U.S. domestic pros. Yet they don't ask
> for money when they get busted by USADA. It's just Pro Tour riders like
> Tylenol and Floyd who do.
>
> Why does Floyd's defense cost so much anyway? I mean the trial is only
> going to last like 3 days.
>
> If you read all of Floyd's documents and expert pdfs - Arnie Baker, who
> claims to be working pro bono - where the fuck does the six figure legal
> bill come from?

<snip>

Dumbass -

If his lawyers are good, there's no doubt that the bills are legit. The
best lawyers charge $500/hour and the paperwork involved in a court
case are usually hundreds of hours, even for the simple cases.

I'd bet my left testicle Laff@me never sent out a six figure legal
bill.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Ewoud Dronkert

Jan 5, 2007, 2:55:48 AM1/5/07

Agreed. It's insane.

--
E. Dronkert

amit....@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2007, 7:18:19 AM1/5/07

MagillaGorilla wrote:
> Let me clarify your "seriously jeopardized" qualification of Floyd's
> career. If Floyd is acquitted, he will be given a multi-million dollar
> contract by some team immediately - probably join Carphedon, Blood, and
> Coke-head on Tinkoff and slam down some more whiskey and ice cold vodka
> after races in the team hotel with some Russian girls from Minsk.

dumbass,

...and konyshev is driving the team car !

MagillaGorilla

Jan 5, 2007, 11:26:14 AM1/5/07
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> MagillaGorilla wrote:
>
>>Floyd has more coin than 100% of U.S. domestic pros. Yet they don't ask
>>for money when they get busted by USADA. It's just Pro Tour riders like
>>Tylenol and Floyd who do.
>>
>>Why does Floyd's defense cost so much anyway? I mean the trial is only
>>going to last like 3 days.
>>
>>If you read all of Floyd's documents and expert pdfs - Arnie Baker, who
>>claims to be working pro bono - where the fuck does the six figure legal
>>bill come from?
>

> <snip>
>

> Dumbass -
>

> If his lawyers are good, there's no doubt that the bills are legit.

His lawyer is Howard Jacobs, and he's never won a CAS case in his life.
His record is something like 0-20.

The
> best lawyers charge $500/hour and the paperwork involved in a court
> case are usually hundreds of hours, even for the simple cases.

What paperwork? It's still discovery phase and there's been no trial.
All he's done is ask for more evidence and USADA said no. Jacobs wrote
one brief of around 40 pages. How is that worth $150,000?

Magilla

MagillaGorilla

Jan 5, 2007, 11:35:49 AM1/5/07
Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Nothing a lawyer says constitutes evidence, so briefs are only to guide
stupid judges, or in this case stupid arbitrators. Arnie Baker said he
was working pro bono.

So where does the $150,000 legal bill come from? Why not just present
Arnie Baker's Power Point presentationt to he CAS Panel and let them
decide based upon that given that nothing Jacobs says in his brief
constitutes evidence.

Cases are won based on evidence, not meaningless arguments by atorneys
who milk their clients for undeserved cash.

Why is Floyd asking the public to pay for his decision to hire this guy?

Thanks,

Magilla

bdbafh

Jan 5, 2007, 11:39:55 AM1/5/07

On Jan 5, 1:07 am, MagillaGorilla <MagillaGori...@zoo.com> wrote:
> DA74 wrote:
> > MagillaGorilla wrote:

> >>This is a reverse Robin Hood scheme re-badged and re-painted as a
> >>righteous cause. Floyd and his fellow riders along with the pro teams
> >>are to blame for signing onto the WADA code...and then they have the
> >>audacity to ask the public to bail them out when they feel it's unfair
> >>to them?
>
> >>Why should the public be asked to pay for athletes' and teams'
> >>negligence and mismanagement of their sport, let alone athletes who make
> >>6-figures?
>
> >>Pathetic.
>
> >>Magilla
>
> > And even more pathetic are the gullible master fatties who send him $$.
> > In their delusional world it gets them closer to their hero.
>
> > Fuck, Lance should set up the same scheme for his alimony and child
> > support payments. In spite of his untold riches, I guarantee you these
> > same morons would still send him money just to be a part of his life.
>
> > Thanks,
>

> > DA74I think Lance and the rest of the pro peloton should give to this fund.

> Here's an excerpt from this Reverse Robin Hoold website that doesn't
> hold water:
>
> -----
>
> "The ADO's assume that the accused athlete is guilty before proven
> innocent, and they conduct media-driven show trials to convict the
> innocent and guilty alike in the court of public opinion -- well before
> any adjudicative process is underway."
>
> -----
>
> Of course the ADO's (antidoping organizations) assume athletes are
> guilty when both their A and B test come back positive.

Magilla,

Check that.
I believe that Floyd was tried (and convicted) in the media long before
the B sample was brought into the picture.

Or is that statement "logically flawed"?

-bdbafh

Kurgan Gringioni

Jan 5, 2007, 12:51:39 PM1/5/07

MagillaGorilla wrote:

> > Dumbass -
> >

> > If his lawyers are good, there's no doubt that the bills are legit.
>
> His lawyer is Howard Jacobs, and he's never won a CAS case in his life.
> His record is something like 0-20.
>

> The
> > best lawyers charge $500/hour and the paperwork involved in a court
> > case are usually hundreds of hours, even for the simple cases.
>
> What paperwork? It's still discovery phase and there's been no trial.
> All he's done is ask for more evidence and USADA said no. Jacobs wrote
> one brief of around 40 pages. How is that worth $150,000?

Dumbass -

Don't ask me to justify it. I'm no lawyer - just saying that's what
they charge.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Halverde

Jan 5, 2007, 3:13:31 PM1/5/07
bdbafh wrote:
> Check that.
> I believe that Floyd was tried (and convicted) in the media long before
> the B sample was brought into the picture.

For someone whose defence thus far has consisted almost entirely of the
single largest PR campaign in cycling history, it seems odd that Landis
continues to cling to his "trial by media" nonsense. He's a hypocrite
as well as an apple-faced dope cheat, apparently.

Fred Fredburger

Jan 5, 2007, 4:36:51 PM1/5/07
MagillaGorilla wrote:

> Let me clarify your "seriously jeopardized" qualification of Floyd's
> career. If Floyd is acquitted, he will be given a multi-million dollar
> contract by some team immediately - probably join Carphedon, Blood, and
> Coke-head on Tinkoff and slam down some more whiskey and ice cold vodka
> after races in the team hotel with some Russian girls from Minsk. Don't
> tell me this guy doesn't own a couple of teen porn websites:
>
> http://www.kommersant.com/page.asp?idr=1&id=591881
>

> And if that happens he'll do well financially, as his whole Amish-ball
> hip replacement story is about as blue-chip as you can get, and everyone
> loves a Cinderella story (although Boyer just likes reading them to
> little girls before they go to bed).
>
> And if Floyd is found guilty, then no more wheelies down the Champs
> E'Lysees and Amber will hit him with the Big D papers and probably get a
> restraining order against him after he goes all apeshit Chicklet Mouth*
> on her. Amber seemed pretty bitter in that Daily Peloton interview and
> made statements to the effect that she seemed to think this whole USADA
> trial was just some formality Floyd was going to breeze through before
> heading back to training camp in Nice.
>
> By the fucking way, that's a Bobby Jew-lick joke for all you BJ cruisers
> in here.

Slow down there, Monkey Man. It's only January. You're not supposed to be
showing this kind of form until July.

MagillaGorilla

Jan 5, 2007, 6:31:40 PM1/5/07

I told everyone the other day they better drink their cokes.

Magilla

MagillaGorilla

Jan 5, 2007, 6:36:21 PM1/5/07
bdbafh wrote:

I think you and the rest of society is confusing newspaper articles with
trials. They are two completely different things. Contrary to
popular opinion, the media doesn't hold trials. Freedom of the press
has nothing to do with court system or the arbitration system, or vice
versa.

Please post a link where Floyd was "tried and convicted" and then cite
the sentence(s)* in the article that support that claim.

I GUARANTEE nobody will be able to do that.

Thanks,

Magilla

* Like the word metabolite(s) written for the T:E test, this means one
or more.

SLAVE of THE STATE

Jan 5, 2007, 7:50:46 PM1/5/07

MagillaGorilla wrote:

> Why should the public be asked to pay for athletes' and teams'
> negligence and mismanagement of their sport, let alone athletes who make
> 6-figures?

Just be glad they're only asking.

b...@mambo.ucolick.org

Jan 5, 2007, 9:00:05 PM1/5/07

You could have pointed out that WADA/USADA didn't ask -
they confiscated your hard-earned specie money for the
purpose of persecuting poor ol' Floyd, who at least is ripping
people off the honest way, by asking up front.

Ben

p.s. While writing this I was trying to think of the word "specie"
and kept coming up with "scrapie," which is probably a sign
of impending CJD. I knew I should have given up cow-burgers
and stuck to the andouillette!

news.videotron.com

Jan 6, 2007, 1:12:29 PM1/6/07
Fuck Floyd