Puerto and Floyd

burt....@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2006, 5:50:27 AM10/27/06

steve

Oct 27, 2006, 12:35:21 PM10/27/06
On 27-Oct-2006, smacked up and reeling, burt....@gmail.com blindly
formulated
the following incoherence:

> http://doucheblogcycling.blogspot.com/

This treatment is beyond unprofessional. It's pointlessly abusive. Landis
is fighting for his reputation as well as his TDF win and general
professional standing. Given that it appears possible (even likely) that he
will be exonerated, those in cyclings positions of power should be careful
what they say. This gratuitous sniping is inexplicable bordering on the
bizarre.

steve
--
"The accused will now make a bogus statement."
James Joyce

Chris

Oct 27, 2006, 11:14:00 PM10/27/06
I see the ASO stunt as an act of desparation to try to swing public opinion
back to the thought that Floyd is guilty and testing processes are pure

<burt....@gmail.com> wrote in message

> http://doucheblogcycling.blogspot.com/

need more sun

Oct 29, 2006, 10:53:20 AM10/29/06

Chris wrote:
> I see the ASO stunt as an act of desparation to try to swing public opinion
> back to the thought that Floyd is guilty and testing processes are pure

But, with respect, what makes you so sure he is innocent? Perhaps in
the US a lot of cycling fans believe he is, but elsewhere this is not
the case. So there is actually no need for 'acts of desparation' on
ASO's part.

Frank Drackman

Oct 29, 2006, 12:37:52 PM10/29/06

"need more sun" <recbik...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

Do you have actual information concerning research investigating individual
beliefs on Floyd's innocence/guilt in different countries? I would love to
read the studies.

thanks...

Chris

Oct 30, 2006, 9:11:36 PM10/30/06
Because the ASO knows thier house of cards is going to come down when Floyd
takes down the UCI.

Just be patient and you will see by Spring.

"Frank Drackman" <frank...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

dbrower

Oct 31, 2006, 12:22:56 AM10/31/06

Chris wrote:
> Because the ASO knows thier house of cards is going to come down when Floyd
> takes down the UCI.
>
> Just be patient and you will see by Spring.

Why would that be? The GTs and events run by the GT Organizers have
got to be the foundation of anything that is built out of the ashes of
the ProTour.

puzzled,

-dB

Chris

Oct 31, 2006, 8:25:05 PM10/31/06
Use the UCI for testing, have already dis'd Floyd and there will be a TDFU

"dbrower" <dbr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Donald Munro

Nov 1, 2006, 3:57:09 AM11/1/06
Chris wrote:

> Use the UCI for testing, have already dis'd Floyd and there will be a TDFU

They have ?

Anyway its probably better to use the UCI for contraception.

Simon Brooke

Nov 2, 2006, 3:37:59 PM11/2/06
in message <shy1h.23661$e66....@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, Chris
('Chri...@excite.com') wrote:

> Because the ASO knows thier house of cards is going to come down when
> Floyd takes down the UCI.

Why on earth should it? If the UCI collapsed, that would leave ASO in a
much stronger and more secure position. Oh, and do learn not to top post.

--
si...@jasmine.org.uk (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

Age equals angst multiplied by the speed of fright squared.
;; the Worlock

amit....@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2006, 5:03:51 PM11/2/06

Chris wrote:
> Because the ASO knows thier house of cards is going to come down when Floyd
> takes down the UCI.
>
> Just be patient and you will see by Spring.

dumbass,

do you want to put money on it ?

what dumbasses don't realize is that organizers like the ASO are the
sole revenue generators in the sport.

teams don't bring in TV revenue and neither does the UCI. The teams
indirectly depend on the exposure from major races for their revenue.

It's even debatable that the relatively small revenue teams bring in
represent a return on investment for the sponsor.

RicodJour

Nov 2, 2006, 5:26:17 PM11/2/06
amit....@gmail.com wrote:

> what dumbasses don't realize is that organizers like the ASO are the
> sole revenue generators in the sport.
>
> teams don't bring in TV revenue and neither does the UCI. The teams
> indirectly depend on the exposure from major races for their revenue.
>
> It's even debatable that the relatively small revenue teams bring in
> represent a return on investment for the sponsor.

I recall US Postal stating that they figured their $10 million (or
whatever it was) per year sponsorship was worth five times that in
publicity. That publicity was in fact the reason I stopped using ALCOA
(Amalgamated Letter Carriers of America).

amit....@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2006, 5:47:32 PM11/2/06

dumbass,

there are some outstanding examples, but in general if sponsorship of
cycling teams yield such great returns, sponsors wouldn't leave as
often as they do.

Frank Drackman

Nov 3, 2006, 8:51:24 PM11/3/06

<amit....@gmail.com> wrote in message

Like most things in life, it depends. Sponsoring sports can be a great way
for a company to create brand awareness but after a certain point the
returns get much smaller. When this happens the marketing dollars are
better spent in other areas. Phonak is a great example in the U.S. Before
sponsoring a cycling team their brand awareness was extremely low. After a
few years the sponsorship had achieved it's goal and the company is
switching it money to promote the features/benefits of particular products.

Stu Fleming

Nov 4, 2006, 3:21:35 AM11/4/06
Frank Drackman wrote:

> better spent in other areas. Phonak is a great example in the U.S. Before
> sponsoring a cycling team their brand awareness was extremely low. After a
> few years the sponsorship had achieved it's goal and the company is
> switching it money to promote the features/benefits of particular products.

Exactly. Now everybody knows that they sell cellphones.

dbrower

Nov 4, 2006, 12:20:19 PM11/4/06

Ha, ha, ha!

A blogger I quoted on TBV had a halloween costume that involved a
Phonak
jersey. A typical response was to ask whether she was going as Lance
Armstrong.

The main point in the US is that people can associate Phonak with
green,
and possibly spell it. That is a phenominal branding improvement
over
where they were 6 years ago.

-dB

burt....@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2006, 1:08:16 PM11/4/06
One halloween in college I nailed two two-by-sixes into a cross, made a
crown of "thorns" out of some thin branches, and made a robe out of an
old bedsheet. I had at least 5 people come up to me an tell me what a
great Moses costume I was wearing.

RicodJour

Nov 4, 2006, 1:14:25 PM11/4/06
burt.hoo...@gmail.com wrote:
> One halloween in college I nailed two two-by-sixes into a cross, made a
> crown of "thorns" out of some thin branches, and made a robe out of an
> old bedsheet. I had at least 5 people come up to me an tell me what a
> great Moses costume I was wearing.

A halloween party in college...no altered consciousnesses there!
You're lucky they were talking intelligibly and got the right religion.

Carl Sundquist

Nov 4, 2006, 2:03:54 PM11/4/06

"RicodJour" <rico...@worldemail.com> wrote in message

Who said Americans don't grok irony?