Depressing statistic in French web

Sandy

Jul 31, 2006, 10:04:09 AM7/31/06
Just saw this on velo101.com :

*Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
oui 9,52%

non 86,45%

sans opinion 4,03%

Does some US website have a similar poll ?

This is deeply depressing.

Bruce Scott TOK

Jul 31, 2006, 10:05:13 AM7/31/06

Any such poll in Germany would turn up similar numbers. People are
_really_ fed up with this here.

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence: http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/

ilan

Jul 31, 2006, 10:29:26 AM7/31/06
Well, if it were a criminal trial and it was the USA, such figures
would surely
get him off as not guilty, since it would be too difficult to find an
impartial jury.

-ilan

Martin Borsje

Jul 31, 2006, 11:29:46 AM7/31/06
ilan thought the world would like to know that...

therefore we don't have jury trials in Europe ;-)

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

dusto...@mac.com

Jul 31, 2006, 11:30:00 AM7/31/06

A sample result disclosed before B; and rumors of "exo" being
sufficient to convict in the newspapers? Is this your drift? Thank you.
--D-y

Linda Lou

Jul 31, 2006, 12:57:00 PM7/31/06
In Bicycling magazine, their poll shows the following

Do you think Floyd Landis intentionally cheated?
Hope not, but truly don't know (38%)
No (53%)
Yes (9%)

I hate this waiting for the B sample results.

Bob Martin

Jul 31, 2006, 1:14:21 PM7/31/06

Oh yes we do !

Montesquiou

Jul 31, 2006, 1:29:58 PM7/31/06

"Linda Lou" <l_ba...@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1154365020.7...@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Indeed, it is said "Monday Night"
But here in France it is 7 PM and half....
How many time more we have to expect ?

Then, and I don't know why, I have had the strong feeling that it exist a
nice solution for ( may be) all of us to agree :
According some here we just have two possibilities :
The B sample to be Positive - Some will claim victory
The B sample to be Negative - Others will claim victory.
But ..... What about to invalidate the B sample ? It will not be the first
time.

For one side Landis can't say he was clear, for the other side one can't
said he was doped.
Excellent solution for All
Ok there is the problem : Who to blame ?
Well, put the blame on some incompetent who "contaminate" the sample

Martin Borsje

Jul 31, 2006, 1:38:02 PM7/31/06
Bob Martin thought the world would like to know that...

Oops!

At least not in the Netherlands

Forgot some off-continental non-euronised piece ;-)

Ewoud Dronkert

Jul 31, 2006, 1:52:13 PM7/31/06
Bob Martin schreef:

>> therefore we don't have jury trials in Europe ;-)
>
> Oh yes we do !

Oh, *now* you're European.

--
E. Dronkert

gk

Jul 31, 2006, 2:04:41 PM7/31/06

Clearly the "BEST" solution is the third. I was thinking this earlier.
In a way it would be bad for Floyd, but not the worst, and Biking would
go on being much of the same. everyone claims victory, and so on...

I personally hope for B sample coming up negative...

............but I am not too hopeful.............

BUT I will wait until everything is in BEFORE claiming to know everything

Message has been deleted

Kyle Legate

Jul 31, 2006, 4:41:06 PM7/31/06
Bruce Scott TOK wrote:
>>Just saw this on velo101.com :
>>
>>*Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
>>oui 9,52%
>>
>>non 86,45%
>>
>>sans opinion 4,03%
>>

>>Does some US website have a similar poll ?
>>
>>This is deeply depressing.
>

> Any such poll in Germany would turn up similar numbers. People are
> _really_ fed up with this here.

But in typical german fashion, they won't do anything about it. If ARD
drops the Tour next year I'll still be able to catch it on Eurosport.

benjo maso

Jul 31, 2006, 4:53:30 PM7/31/06

"Sandy" <leu...@frreee.fr> wrote in message

> Just saw this on velo101.com :
>
> *Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*
> oui 9,52%
>
> non 86,45%
>
> sans opinion 4,03%

Of course, the statistical significance of these results are almost zero. On
the other hand, it's a pity they didn't ask a second question: and do you
really mind?

Benjo

Simon Brooke

Jul 31, 2006, 4:09:04 PM7/31/06
in message <44ce434f$0$4520$e4fe...@news.xs4all.nl>, Ewoud Dronkert
('firs...@lastname.net.invalid') wrote:

> Bob Martin schreef:
>>> therefore we don't have jury trials in Europe ;-)
>>
>> Oh yes we do !
>
> Oh, *now* you're European.

Scotland's always been European. It's the English who can't make up their
minds.

--
si...@jasmine.org.uk (Simon Brooke) http://www.jasmine.org.uk/~simon/

;; L'etat c'est moi -- Louis XVI
;; I... we... the Government -- Tony Blair

RonSonic

Jul 31, 2006, 5:42:22 PM7/31/06

That would be a good one. Nobody did for the first 100 years of the sport.

Ron

benjo maso

Jul 31, 2006, 6:33:23 PM7/31/06

"RonSonic" <rons...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

And I´m convinced the overwhelming majority in the classic cycling countries
still doesn´t.

Benjo

Michael Press

Jul 31, 2006, 6:55:50 PM7/31/06
In article <44ce0dda$0$31786$626a...@news.free.fr>,
Sandy <leu...@frreee.fr> wrote:

Depressing why? Because so many people have an opinion?
Because everyone thinks cycling is all about doping, but
not other sports? Because almost everyone thinks Landis
deliberately took testosterone? Because it seems to matter
to almost everybody?

--
Michael Press

RonSonic

Jul 31, 2006, 7:47:19 PM7/31/06
On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 00:33:23 +0200, "benjo maso" <benjo...@chello.nl> wrote:

>"RonSonic" <rons...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:53:30 +0200, "benjo maso" <benjo...@chello.nl>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>"Sandy" <leu...@frreee.fr> wrote in message

>>>Of course, the statistical significance of these results are almost zero.
>>>On
>>>the other hand, it's a pity they didn't ask a second question: and do you
>>>really mind?
>>
>> That would be a good one. Nobody did for the first 100 years of the sport.
>

>And I惴 convinced the overwhelming majority in the classic cycling countries
>still doesn愒.

I'm reminded of the occasional attempts to eliminate fighting from hockey. In
many ways the sport evolved around it.

Was Boonen right, that so long as stage races are planned as they are there will
be doping? Or was he just frustrated?

Ron

benjo maso

Jul 31, 2006, 8:05:33 PM7/31/06

> On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 00:33:23 +0200, "benjo maso" <benjo...@chello.nl>
> wrote:
>

>>"RonSonic" <rons...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

>>> That would be a good one. Nobody did for the first 100 years of the
>>> sport.
>>

>>And I´m convinced the overwhelming majority in the classic cycling
>>countries
>>still doesn´t.

> I'm reminded of the occasional attempts to eliminate fighting from hockey.
> In
> many ways the sport evolved around it.
>
> Was Boonen right, that so long as stage races are planned as they are
> there will
> be doping? Or was he just frustrated?

That some day nobody will dope anymore is a likely as that some day no man
will cheat on his wife anymore.

Benjo

Carl Sundquist

Jul 31, 2006, 9:33:25 PM7/31/06

"RonSonic" <rons...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message

Yes.

Sandy

Aug 1, 2006, 2:10:46 AM8/1/06
Michael Press a écrit :
None of your proposed reasons. The real reason is that to disbelieve
Landis is the only wrong answer. The many claims in this forum, that he
should be accorded procedural due process, sound OK, but there will
always be a sentiment that he is being denied substantive due process.
That the veneer of right-thinking values masks a corrupt impatience with
this restraint. But it's from France, so I am sure most Americans will
discount it ; couldn't happen there, of course.

This morning's results of that poll, with 4X the votes :

*Croyez-vous en l'innocence de Floyd Landis ?*

oui 10,2%

non 85,83%

sans opinion 3,96%

--

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Bob Martin

Aug 1, 2006, 3:07:36 AM8/1/06
in 519551 20060731 185213 Ewoud Dronkert <firs...@lastname.net.invalid> wrote:
>Bob Martin schreef:
>>> therefore we don't have jury trials in Europe ;-)
>>
>> Oh yes we do !
>
>Oh, *now* you're European.

*I* always have been, probably since before you were born ;-)

The Americans got their legal system, including trial by jury, from Britain.

Bob Martin

Aug 1, 2006, 3:09:06 AM8/1/06

Yes, but Eurosport cover is nowhere near as good as ARD/ZDF.
I'll be very upset if they drop it.

Ewoud Dronkert

Aug 1, 2006, 3:19:48 AM8/1/06
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 07:07:36 GMT, Bob Martin wrote:
>>Oh, *now* you're European.
>
>*I* always have been, probably since before you were born ;-)
>The Americans got their legal system, including trial by jury, from Britain.

Sure, I was only Joe King (right on my 35th birthday if you want to
check the probability).

--
E. Dronkert