Recumbent transport bike / truck

Jean Naimard

Jul 9, 2008, 3:00:43 PM7/9/08

Last year, I saw the following “heavy” transport recumbent bike:

http://205.205.253.95/%AC/VeloTransport1.jpg
http://205.205.253.95/%AC/VeloTransport2.jpg

in Ottawa, used to carry some band’s musical instruments.

It lingered in the backbuner of my mind, but now, it starts to interest me.
Does anybody have more data/info about it?

Chalo

Jul 9, 2008, 3:31:18 PM7/9/08
Jean Naimard wrote:

> Last year, I saw the following “heavy” transport recumbent bike:
>
> http://205.205.253.95/%AC/VeloTransport1.jpghttp://205.205.253.95/%AC/VeloTransport2.jpg

> in Ottawa, used to carry some band’s musical instruments.
>
> It lingered in the backbuner of my mind, but now, it starts to interest me.
> Does anybody have more data/info about it?

That's Mark Rehder's trike, built by him and Juergen Weichert:

http://drumbent.com/trike.html

It's a homebrew version of the Organic Engines SUV trike:

http://organicengines.com/lazy-index.php?file=SUV_and_Pedicab/SUV/

Chalo

DennisTheBald

Jul 9, 2008, 5:58:53 PM7/9/08
Sweet!

Is there a "empty" set of rear wheels (or maybe a single) so that I
can drop the loaded trailer and deadhead back?

But that's an SUV worthy of consideration.

Mister2u

Jul 10, 2008, 1:30:18 PM7/10/08

You can reach Mark here
http://www.re-cycles.ca/ or drop in some evening.

Jean Naimard

Jul 12, 2008, 11:59:01 PM7/12/08
Le 09 Jul 2008, Chalo <chalo....@gmail.com> a écrit :

> That's Mark Rehder's trike, built by him and Juergen Weichert:
>
> http://drumbent.com/trike.html

Hey! Cool! Thanks a lot!