Pedaling Blogs

Zoot Katz

Aug 25, 2007, 3:13:58 AM8/25/07
I'm not peddling blogs, or what they're peddling, okay.

I'm asking for recommendations of your favourite bicycle blogs.

I've recently discovered two more bike blogs to check regularly and
thought I'd pass them along. Their signal to noise ratio beats r.b.m.
--
Frame builder Dave Moulton started blogging in Nov.2005 and started
riding, after a 15 year hiatus, in July 2006. Well written articles

Bike Snob NYC is what it says. He's harsh on the hipster fixers.
Craigslist and Fixed Gear Gallery provide the fodder for many of his
humourous jibes.
http://bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/

I don't blog and never had much interest in reading them but started
checking articles at BikeHugger.com when I was looking for links
related to Xtracycles. Since then I check back regularly. Its
centered on Seattle but their general cycling interest is worldwide.
Articles on cycling in Spain, the street cycling scene in Japan, etc.
Seattle is close so I can appreciate many of the local references.
http://bikehugger.com/

Bicycle Design is updated less frequently but I've found it quite
interesting reading. Not all the articles are related to design.
There's plenty of cool looking concept bikes but also a thorough mix
of utility and racing bikes and bicycle industry news.
http://bicycledesign.blogspot.com/

The blog that has most impressed me is the admittedly pro-Floyd site
that has presented the most unbiased information on the web. The
blogger attended the Landis hearings in California and keeps his blog
updated with interesting Floyd-fan information while everybody waits.
http://trustbut.blogspot.com/

zk

Mike Jacoubowsky

Aug 25, 2007, 3:48:17 AM8/25/07
> The blog that has most impressed me is the admittedly pro-Floyd site
> that has presented the most unbiased information on the web. The
> blogger attended the Landis hearings in California and keeps his blog
> updated with interesting Floyd-fan information while everybody waits.
> http://trustbut.blogspot.com/

Gee, and I even get a credit in his blog as "One reader"... sigh. :>)

"VeloNews posts a few letters from readers and an editorial comment about
the demise of Disco. One reader, among many, writes in response to the
Foaming Rant posted last week and says that no matter what happens in the
sport of cycling, no one can take away his memory of seeing Floyd Landis at
last year's Tour."

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com