Mountain Biker Cracks a Rib and Punctures His Lung

Mike Vandeman

Apr 19, 2010, 7:23:31 PM4/19/10
Bicyclists claim to want equal treatment, but I haven't heard any of
them asking to be required to file an accident report when they have
an injury-causing accident, the way motor vehicle drivers are required
to do so!!! Maybe that requirement would help the authorities properly
assess the impacts of mountain biking!

Mike

From: "PETERSON, PRESTON J (ATTSI)" <pp7...@att.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:00:18 -0700
Subject: Doug Walsh steppin' up

As the head of the ride leader development program Doug doesn't just
talk, he walks the walk.

Only an hour into yesterday's Dungeness ride we had a rider (sorry I
didn't quite catch his name) slide out on a moss slick wooden bridge
and
crack a rib. I came upon the scene with Doug, and I he didn't even
hesitate in volunteering to walk out with the rider and take him to
the
clinic for the rest of the afternoon.

Yes it had to be done but still difficult to give up your sunny day
ride
in the Olympics after organizing the ride and getting up early and
taking the ferry etc.

Way to go Doug and I hope the injured rider is going to be okay,
although he probably won't be mountain biking for several weeks if he
did indeed break a rib in his upper back area.

Bill Weir

Apr 19, 2010, 7:52:42 PM4/19/10
> That BS is refuted in my paper athttp://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/india3,
> a scientific paper I have presented at about a dozen international
> scientific conferences. NOT ONE of the scientists there has found
> anything wrong in my paper.

Mike, how did you travel to these international conferences?

Don't avoid my question.

Mike Vandeman

Apr 19, 2010, 8:48:24 PM4/19/10

Have you ever flown in an airplane?

Bill Weir

Apr 19, 2010, 9:12:55 PM4/19/10

No, I have never flown in an airplane.

Now answer my question, how did you travel to these international
conferences?

Mike Vandeman

Apr 19, 2010, 10:29:15 PM4/19/10

Are you a mountain biker?

Have you ever used a motor vehicle?

Puppet_Sock

Apr 20, 2010, 3:49:46 PM4/20/10
On Apr 19, 9:12 pm, Bill Weir <billwei...@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> No, I have never flown in an airplane.

Boy! Did you miss out!
Socks

Bill Weir

Apr 20, 2010, 8:23:39 PM4/20/10

No. I have Bridgestone RB-T.

> Have you ever used a motor vehicle?- Hide quoted text -

Yes. Are you going to continue playing games or are you going to
answer my question?

Mike Vandeman

Apr 22, 2010, 1:57:44 AM4/22/10
On Apr 20, 5:23 pm, Bill Weir <billwei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 19, 10:29 pm, Mike Vandeman <mike.vande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > No, I have never flown in an airplane.
>
> > > Now answer my question, how did you travel to these international
> > > conferences?
>
> > Are you a mountain biker?
>
> No. I have Bridgestone RB-T.

How does that answer my question? Have you ever ridden off-road?

> > Have you ever used a motor vehicle?
>

> Yes. Are you going to continue playing games or are you going to
> answer my question?

Just wondering how hypocrtitical you are. Mountain bikers LOVE to
attack anyone who tells the truth about their selfish, destructive
sport, rather than stick to the subject: the harm that mountain biking
does.

Bill Weir

Apr 22, 2010, 5:01:14 AM4/22/10
On Apr 22, 1:57 am, Mike Vandeman <mike.vande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 20, 5:23 pm, Bill Weir <billwei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Are you a mountain biker?
>
> > No. I have Bridgestone RB-T.
>
> How does that answer my question? Have you ever ridden off-road?

When you asked "are you a mountain biker" and I write "No," that
unequivocally answers your question. I have an old Bridgestone touring
bicycle, not suited for any off road riding.

> > > Have you ever used a motor vehicle?
>
> > Yes. Are you going to continue playing games or are you going to
> > answer my question?
>
> Just wondering how hypocrtitical you are. Mountain bikers LOVE to
> attack anyone who tells the truth about their selfish, destructive
> sport, rather than stick to the subject: the harm that mountain biking

> does.- Hide quoted text -

I've already told you I am not a mountain biker. Are you going to
answer my question or are you going to continue to play this silly
game that my elementary students used to play?

Mike Vandeman

Apr 22, 2010, 12:04:06 PM4/22/10
On Apr 22, 2:01 am, Bill Weir <billwei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 22, 1:57 am, Mike Vandeman <mike.vande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > No. I have Bridgestone RB-T.

Your answer makes no sense. I have no idea what "Bridgestone RB-T" is,
and what relation that has to mountain biking.

> > How does that answer my question? Have you ever ridden off-road?
>
> When you asked "are you a mountain biker" and I write "No," that
> unequivocally answers your question. I have an old Bridgestone touring
> bicycle, not suited for any off road riding.

> > > Yes. Are you going to continue playing games or are you going to
> > > answer my question?
>
> > Just wondering how hypocrtitical you are. Mountain bikers LOVE to
> > attack anyone who tells the truth about their selfish, destructive
> > sport, rather than stick to the subject: the harm that mountain biking
> > does.- Hide quoted text -
>
> I've already told you I am not a mountain biker.

That doesn't answer my question: Have you ever ridden a bicycle off-
road? Why are you playing coy?

VtSkier

Apr 22, 2010, 2:12:20 PM4/22/10

Jesus Christ, Mike. He's answered your questions. He owns
a road bike. He stated flatly that he's not a mountain
biker. Has he ever ridden off-road? That was not the
original question. Have you ever ridden your bike across
your lawn? Then you have ridden off-road. Knock off the
bully tactics. Or is that how you get people to agree with
your point of view?

Saint, my ass. That's for you Ed. You may be a saint
but Mikey sure isn't.

Bill Weir

Apr 22, 2010, 2:48:41 PM4/22/10
On Apr 22, 12:04 pm, Mike Vandeman <mike.vande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2:01 am, Bill Weir <billwei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Your answer makes no sense. I have no idea what "Bridgestone RB-T" is,
> and what relation that has to mountain biking.

What part of "I have an old Bridgestone touring bicycle, not suited
for any off road riding" did not make sense to you?
No, I have never ridden off-road, I own a touring bicycle that is used
on roads for long distance touring.

> > > How does that answer my question? Have you ever ridden off-road?
>
> > When you asked "are you a mountain biker" and I write "No," that
> > unequivocally answers your question. I have an old Bridgestone touring
> > bicycle, not suited for any off road riding.

> > > Just wondering how hypocrtitical you are. Mountain bikers LOVE to
> > > attack anyone who tells the truth about their selfish, destructive
> > > sport, rather than stick to the subject: the harm that mountain biking
> > > does.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > I've already told you I am not a mountain biker.
>
> That doesn't answer my question: Have you ever ridden a bicycle off-
> road? Why are you playing coy?

No, I have never ridden off-road, I have no reason or desire to, end
of question.

How did you get to the dozen international conferences where you
presented your scientific papers?

Why are you avoiding answering my question by playing silly games?

> > answer my question or are you going to continue to play this silly

> > game that my elementary students used to play?- Hide quoted text -

Bruce Jensen

Apr 22, 2010, 4:58:39 PM4/22/10
> but Mikey sure isn't.- Hide quoted text -

You've seen the light! And articulated the facts quite nicely, I
might add :-)

Edward Dolan

Apr 22, 2010, 7:24:43 PM4/22/10

"VtSkier" <vts...@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

>> Just wondering how hypocrtitical you are. Mountain bikers LOVE to
>> attack anyone who tells the truth about their selfish, destructive
>> sport, rather than stick to the subject: the harm that mountain biking
>> does.
>
> Jesus Christ, Mike. He's answered your questions. He owns
> a road bike. He stated flatly that he's not a mountain
> biker. Has he ever ridden off-road? That was not the
> original question. Have you ever ridden your bike across
> your lawn? Then you have ridden off-road. Knock off the
> bully tactics. Or is that how you get people to agree with
> your point of view?

So what was the original question? Bill Weir is a scalawag who poses
irrelevant questions which only an idiot would ever want to answer.

Hey, how about this Bill ... how many times a week do you fuck your wife?
Now there is an original question that you ought to be able wrap your
minuscule mind around since it is on the lowest level possible. What it has
to do with mountain bikers I leave to you.

> Saint, my ass. That's for you Ed. You may be a saint
> but Mikey sure isn't.

My Saintliness has been remarked upon by all Minnesotans, most of whom are
the greatest sinners imaginable. All Minnesotans are going to Hell for their
liberal views and only Saint Edward the Great will be going to Heaven! It is
also possible that TibetanMonkey, that redoubtable Floridian, will also be
going to Heaven, even though he, like me, is an atheist. Strange indeed are
ways of God!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Mike Vandeman

Apr 23, 2010, 12:47:18 AM4/23/10
On Apr 22, 11:48 am, Bill Weir <billwei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Your answer makes no sense. I have no idea what "Bridgestone RB-T" is,
> > and what relation that has to mountain biking.
>
> What part of "I have an old Bridgestone touring bicycle, not suited
> for any off road riding" did not make sense to you?

You never said that, liar.

> No, I have never ridden off-road, I own a touring bicycle that is used
> on roads for long distance touring.

Good for you, although it took forever to get a straight answer.

> > That doesn't answer my question: Have you ever ridden a bicycle off-
> > road? Why are you playing coy?
>
> No, I have never ridden off-road, I have no reason or desire to, end
> of question.

Then why are you supporting mountain bikers, by aping their habit of
attacking PEOPLE, instead of addressing the subject of the
newsgroup???

> How did you get to the dozen international conferences where you
> presented your scientific papers?

How is that relevant to mountain biking impacts, the subject of the
newsgroup?

Mike Vandeman

Apr 23, 2010, 12:50:35 AM4/23/10
On Apr 22, 11:12 am, VtSkier <vtsk...@somewhere.net> wrote:

Now asking questions is "bully tactics"? You sure have strange ideas.

Or is that how you get people to agree with
> your point of view?
>
> Saint, my ass. That's for you Ed. You may be a saint
> but Mikey sure isn't.

At least I tell the truth, something you should try some time.

Bill Weir

Apr 23, 2010, 7:09:13 AM4/23/10
On Apr 23, 12:47 am, Mike Vandeman <mike.vande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 22, 11:48 am, Bill Weir <billwei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Your answer makes no sense. I have no idea what "Bridgestone RB-T" is,
> > > and what relation that has to mountain biking.
>
> > What part of "I have an old Bridgestone touring bicycle, not suited
> > for any off road riding" did not make sense to you?
>
> You never said that, liar.

Please stop acting like a child because I did say that and here's my
post stating that. Are you having trouble reading?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.backcountry/msg/035d3c07761762c2

That shows the only person lying is you.

> > No, I have never ridden off-road, I own a touring bicycle that is used
> > on roads for long distance touring.
>
> Good for you, although it took forever to get a straight answer.

It's taking forever for you to answer my question as to how you
traveled to the dozen international conferences you wrote that you
went to. Why is that? Are you afraid your answer will not be conducive
to being concerned for the environment?

> > > That doesn't answer my question: Have you ever ridden a bicycle off-
> > > road? Why are you playing coy?
>
> > No, I have never ridden off-road, I have no reason or desire to, end
> > of question.
>
> Then why are you supporting mountain bikers, by aping their habit of
> attacking PEOPLE, instead of addressing the subject of the
> newsgroup???

No where have I attacked anyone and I have not supported mountain
biking. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to stop making
things up. The subject of the newsgroup I am posting in is
sci.environment. Did you by chance forget how many groups you are
cross posting to?

> > How did you get to the dozen international conferences where you
> > presented your scientific papers?
>
> How is that relevant to mountain biking impacts, the subject of the
> newsgroup?

It's as relevant as you asking me if I have ever used a motor vehicle
and relevent to the newsgroup I am posting in.

Now, how did you get to the dozen international conferences you claim
to have been to?

Bruce Jensen

Apr 23, 2010, 1:22:31 PM4/23/10

The subject of rec.backcountry is NOT mountain biking impacts per se.
You may wish to recall that you cross-post these messages all over the
place.

Mike Vandeman

Apr 23, 2010, 3:02:38 PM4/23/10
On Apr 23, 4:09 am, Bill Weir <billwei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What part of "I have an old Bridgestone touring bicycle, not suited
> > > for any off road riding" did not make sense to you?
>
> > You never said that, liar.
>
> Please stop acting like a child because I did say that and here's my
> post stating that. Are you having trouble reading?
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.backcountry/msg/035d3c07761762c2
>
> That shows the only person lying is you.

No, it doesn't! This is all you said: "Bridgestone RB-T". You did NOT
say "I have an old Bridgestone touring bicycle, not suited
for any off road riding"! Liar.

> > > No, I have never ridden off-road, I own a touring bicycle that is used
> > > on roads for long distance touring.
>
> > Good for you, although it took forever to get a straight answer.
>
> It's taking forever for you to answer my question as to how you
> traveled to the dozen international conferences you wrote that you
> went to. Why is that? Are you afraid your answer will not be conducive
> to being concerned for the environment?

It's irrelevant to rec.backcountry, where you claim to be posting.

> > > No, I have never ridden off-road, I have no reason or desire to, end
> > > of question.
>
> > Then why are you supporting mountain bikers, by aping their habit of
> > attacking PEOPLE, instead of addressing the subject of the
> > newsgroup???
>
> No where have I attacked anyone

You are asking questions amount ME. I am not the subject of any
newsgroup. DUH!

and I have not supported mountain
> biking. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to stop making
> things up. The subject of the newsgroup I am posting in is
> sci.environment. Did you by chance forget how many groups you are
> cross posting to?
>

> > > How did you get to the dozen international conferences where you
> > > presented your scientific papers?
>
> > How is that relevant to mountain biking impacts, the subject of the
> > newsgroup?
>
> It's as relevant as you asking me if I have ever used a motor vehicle
> and relevent to the newsgroup I am posting in.

Not really. It is a personal attack. Ad hominem. By someone who
admitted using an automobile, making it hypocritical.

> Now, how did you get to the dozen international conferences you claim
> to have been to?

Public transit.

Mike Vandeman

Apr 23, 2010, 3:03:23 PM4/23/10

It is relevant to that group. "Mike Vandeman" is NOT a relevant topic.

Bill Weir

Apr 23, 2010, 3:18:54 PM4/23/10
On Apr 23, 3:02 pm, Mike Vandeman <mike.vande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 23, 4:09 am, Bill Weir <billwei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > You never said that, liar.
>
> > Please stop acting like a child because I did say that and here's my
> > post stating that. Are you having trouble reading?
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/rec.backcountry/msg/035d3c07761762c2
>
> > That shows the only person lying is you.
>
> No, it doesn't! This is all you said: "Bridgestone RB-T". You did NOT
> say "I have an old Bridgestone touring bicycle, not suited
> for any off road riding"! Liar.

Yes it does and my link shows it does. Stop playing childish games.

Again...

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.backcountry/msg/035d3c07761762c2

Why are you ignoring the proof? The archives do not lie. Are you
trying to deflect attention from my question?

> > > Good for you, although it took forever to get a straight answer.
>
> > It's taking forever for you to answer my question as to how you
> > traveled to the dozen international conferences you wrote that you
> > went to. Why is that? Are you afraid your answer will not be conducive
> > to being concerned for the environment?
>
> It's irrelevant to rec.backcountry, where you claim to be posting.

Please show where I claim that? Go ahead, I'll wait. The archives do
not lie. You're confusing me, Bill Weir, with Bruce Jenson who
mentioned rec.backcountry . Please try and keep track of who is
posting.

> > > Then why are you supporting mountain bikers, by aping their habit of
> > > attacking PEOPLE, instead of addressing the subject of the
> > > newsgroup???
>
> > No where have I attacked anyone
>
> You are asking questions amount ME. I am not the subject of any
> newsgroup. DUH!

Questions are not attacks and this use of "DUH" is something that
grade school children do. Please try and keep the conversation on an
adult level, shall we? Thanks.

>  and I have not supported mountain
>
> > biking. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to stop making
> > things up. The subject of the newsgroup I am posting in is
> > sci.environment. Did you by chance forget how many groups you are
> > cross posting to?

> > > How is that relevant to mountain biking impacts, the subject of the
> > > newsgroup?
>
> > It's as relevant as you asking me if I have ever used a motor vehicle
> > and relevent to the newsgroup I am posting in.
>
> Not really. It is a personal attack. Ad hominem. By someone who
> admitted using an automobile, making it hypocritical.

I said I used a motor vehicle which is a Honda reflex, not an
automobile. Nothing hypocritical about using a scooter as I am not in
here advocating going car free or motor vehicle free.

> > Now, how did you get to the dozen international conferences you claim
> > to have been to?
>
> Public transit.

What type of public transit goes from the United States to
international destinations? Please enlighten us.

Bruce Jensen

Apr 23, 2010, 4:00:46 PM4/23/10

It is when the subject is such a universally-recognized pain in the
ass.

Edward Dolan

Apr 23, 2010, 6:25:54 PM4/23/10

"Bruce Jensen" <bpnj...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Apr 23, 12:03 pm, Mike Vandeman <mike.vande...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

> > > How is that relevant to mountain biking impacts, the subject of the
> > > newsgroup?
>
> > The subject of rec.backcountry is NOT mountain biking impacts per se.
> > You may wish to recall that you cross-post these messages all over the
> > place.
>
> It is relevant to that group. "Mike Vandeman" is NOT a relevant topic.

ass.

The only pain in the ass here is you. Get a life if that is possible.

Bruce Jensen

Apr 23, 2010, 6:40:48 PM4/23/10
On Apr 23, 3:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "Bruce Jensen" <bpnjen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Ed, you are a schizoid, aren't you?

Mike Vandeman

Apr 24, 2010, 3:14:05 AM4/24/10

All kinds. Are you playing dumb again?

Bill Weir

Apr 24, 2010, 9:20:20 AM4/24/10
> All kinds. Are you playing dumb again?- Hide quoted text -

Why are you being so coy?

I have never seen any kind of public transit that connects the United
States to international destinations other than a trolly that went
into to Canada, but that ened in the 1930's and I'm not even sure it
was a public venture.

Did you fly to any conferences? Are you so afraid of answering my
question that you had to resort to playing games and calling me a liar
when I clearly wasn't? What are you hiding?