Mile High

ksmit...@my-deja.com

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
I've heard several references to this as a club?

Can someone elaborate?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

mike regish

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
I don't know all the details or exact requirements involved, but basically,
it involves having sex above 5,280 ft (1 mile).

Hope this helps... ;-)

--
mike regish
PP-ASEL

<ksmit...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Margy Natalie

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99

mike regish wrote:

> I don't know all the details or exact requirements involved, but basically,
> it involves having sex above 5,280 ft (1 mile).
>
> Hope this helps... ;-)

And it has to be AGL not MSL (otherwise all those folks in Denver start fooling
around on the ramp).

Margy

Boff

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
mike regish beat packets into submission in
<cBX63.12838$AL5....@ndnws01.ne.mediaone.net> and we read:

>I don't know all the details or exact requirements involved, but

Hook, line, sinker, rod and copy of Angling Times :P

Boff

Dane Spearing

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
In article <375C4923...@erols.com> Margy Natalie, Mar...@erols.com
writes:

>And it has to be AGL not MSL (otherwise all those folks in Denver start fooling
>around on the ramp).

Oh darn. And here I thought I could become a member by never leaving the
ground. My house is above 7000 MSL. :)

Hmmmmm - I'm not even sure my Cherokee can make it to 5280 AGL here
in New Mexico in the summer... Let's see...that means I would have to
be at about 13,000 ft MSL which is close to the service ceiling on a
standard day. Might have to wait until winter. :)

-- Dane

mike regish

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
I was wondering about that...

--
mike regish
PP-ASEL

Margy Natalie <Mar...@erols.com> wrote in message

> And it has to be AGL not MSL (otherwise all those folks in Denver start
fooling
> around on the ramp).
>

> Margy

mike regish

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
You'd be gettin' all sweaty in the summer anyways...

--
mike regish
PP-ASEL

Dane Spearing <da...@lanl.gov> wrote in message

mike regish

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
No thanks...I don't fish.

--
mike regish
PP-ASEL

Boff <boff...@pilat.com> wrote in message

mike regish

Jun 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/7/99
You gotta find that website. This is great stuff.

ROTFL

--
mike regish
PP-ASEL

Jim Weir <j...@rst-engr.com> wrote in message

> ....while acting as pilot in command or crewmember of an aircraft. As
Margy so
> aptly noted, the 5280 is AGL, not MSL.
>
> The event shall be noted in the logbook along with the phone number of the
> seductee. These records shall be forwarded to the FAA in Ok City, where
they
> will be raffled off twice a year.
>
> Additional ratings are available for:
>
> Fig Leaf Cluster...for each 5 successive awards.
>
> Bow Legged Cluster...for the 100th award.
>
> Crossed-Needle award for achieving the award while on an ILS to a major
airport.

> Blue-Seal Limited rating if the seductee was the pilot's spouse.
>
> Anita Bryant award for seductees with the same optional equipment as
pilot.

> There's more...and there is actually a website, but I don't remember the
URL.

> Jim
> Jim Weir (A&P, CFI, and other good alphabet soup)
> VP Eng RST Pres. Cyberchapter EAA Tech. Counselor
> http://www.rst-engr.com j...@rst-engr.com

LFransson

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99

In article <7jhc4q$1rd$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, ksmit...@my-deja.com wrote:

>Can someone elaborate?

I've got some more information available in a text file at:

http://members.aol.com/lfransson/nprm/nprm.txt

You should be able to get it by ftp at the same place as well, but I haven't
quite figured out how.

Larry Fransson
Seattle, WA
"Pilots are just plane people with a different air about them."

Jim Weir

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99
"mike regish" <mre...@mediaone.net>

->I don't know all the details or exact requirements involved, but basically,
->it involves having sex above 5,280 ft (1 mile).

flyin...@my-deja.com

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99
In article <cBX63.12838$AL5....@ndnws01.ne.mediaone.net>,

"mike regish" <mre...@mediaone.net> wrote:
> I don't know all the details or exact requirements involved, but
basically,
> it involves having sex above 5,280 ft (1 mile).
>
> Hope this helps... ;-)

Mike, you might want to check the FAR's on this one. Under part
61, it is 6,072ft (1 NM), it's only 5,280 ft if enrolled in a part
141 program. Remember, if both participants are pilots, both can log
it as PIC since both are required crew and it should be logged as dual
received. Practicing while solo is just sad. For safety sake, student
pilots shouldn't try to take pictures on your first attempt. You have
enough to do without that.
And if you aren't a commercial pilot, be very careful. I think the
FAA ruled that this type of activity could be considered compensation.

Hobbes, who's unhappy that he's had to slip with flaps on his last two
landings.

Jeff Cook

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99
Jim Weir wrote:
> There's more...and there is actually a website, but I don't remember the URL.

What else?
http://www.milehighclub.com

--
Jeff Cook
jc...@his.com

ksm...@nhmccd.edu

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99
Naivete
.
In article <375C9C32...@his.com>,

gene...@ccp.com

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99

luc...@metrowerks.com

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99
In article <cBX63.12838$AL5....@ndnws01.ne.mediaone.net>,
"mike regish" <mre...@mediaone.net> wrote:

Aw, damn, I thought I qualified for this on Sun. Set a new record
altitude of 7200' MSL, which is about 6700' AGL in this area.

Alas, my plane is a one-seater....

Lucien S.
PP-ASEL.

> I don't know all the details or exact requirements involved, but
basically,
> it involves having sex above 5,280 ft (1 mile).
>
> Hope this helps... ;-)
>

> --
> mike regish
> PP-ASEL
> nospam...@mediaone.net
>

> <ksmit...@my-deja.com> wrote in message
>
> > I've heard several references to this as a club?
> >
> > Can someone elaborate?

nightjar

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99

mike regish wrote in message ...

>I don't know all the details or exact requirements involved, but
basically,
>it involves having sex above 5,280 ft (1 mile).

Virgin Atlantic are offering membership to people who book the double
beds they plan to introduce shortly.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk

One bed will cost the same as two business class tickets. The beds are
in individual 'cabins' separated by screens from the main cabin. The
spokesman did not expect the noise of lovemaking to disturb other
passengers because of the 'ambient aircraft sound'. So be warned that
Virgin obviously use very noisy aircraft.

Colin Bignell

Jim Weir

Jun 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/8/99
-
->Alas, my plane is a one-seater....

There is a special rating for that...but it isn't generally considered a badge
of honor to wear {;-)

tst...@my-deja.com

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
ksmit...@my-deja.com wrote:
> I've heard several references to this as a club?
>
> Can someone elaborate?

> Better be careful where you try that. Out here in Idaho where I am
training pattern altitude at Fanning Field is 5700'.

Steve

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
At the AOPA open house last weekend, they had the Cessna 206 that they are
fixing up to give away. It has a big fold-up bed in the back, but alas...
it is placarded.. "Bed must be stowed during flight"...

And I thought that winning that plane could start my new career! Mile High
Charter.. $100 / Half hour... Buy one ticket, get one free..

-Steve

Dane Spearing wrote in message <7jhitd$66o$1...@newshost.lanl.gov>...

>In article <375C4923...@erols.com> Margy Natalie, Mar...@erols.com
>writes:

>>And it has to be AGL not MSL (otherwise all those folks in Denver start
fooling
>>around on the ramp).
>

>Oh darn. And here I thought I could become a member by never leaving the
>ground. My house is above 7000 MSL. :)
>
>Hmmmmm - I'm not even sure my Cherokee can make it to 5280 AGL here
>in New Mexico in the summer... Let's see...that means I would have to
>be at about 13,000 ft MSL which is close to the service ceiling on a

>standard day. Might have to wait until winter. :)
>
> -- Dane

HGrantJr

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
>Out here in Idaho where I am
>training pattern altitude at Fanning Field is 5700'.

AGL? Man, talk about a steep glide slope!!
:-)

H. Grant Ritchey Jr., D.D.S., F.A.G.D.
504 E. 4th St.
Tonganoxie, KS 66086
913.845.3231

Bob Gardner

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
I don't know whether or not it is a badge of honor, but pilot supply stores manage
to sell enough Mile High pins to keep their supplier in business.

Bob Gardner

luc...@metrowerks.com

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99
In article <375E9C2E...@halcyon.com>,
Bob Gardner <bob...@halcyon.com> wrote:

I know what you guys are thinking, but, unlike some of us in aviation,
flying doesn't give me THAT particular feeling.....

Lucien S.
PP-ASEL.

Objekt

Jun 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/9/99

Jim Weir wrote:

> -
> ->Alas, my plane is a one-seater....
>
> There is a special rating for that...but it isn't generally considered a badge
> of honor to wear {;-)

I knew a guy at work who had a 2-seater Yankee (similar to Grumman
Tiger) & said he had joined the infamous Club, at which point I was
like, "Too much information!" (but that's another tangent). Then again,
he's sort of a shorter chap. I'm 6'3" and I refuse to even THINK about
trying that in a Cessna 172. I value my life, y'know?

Objekt

Jim Weir

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
I was referring to the "single place" award of this badge...not the normal
award...

Jim

->I don't know whether or not it is a badge of honor, but pilot supply stores
manage
->to sell enough Mile High pins to keep their supplier in business.
->
->Bob Gardner
->
->Jim Weir wrote:
->
->> l
->> -

->> ->Alas, my plane is a one-seater....

->>
->> There is a special rating for that...but it isn't generally considered a
badge
->> of honor to wear {;-)

jga...@hotmail.com

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
In article <375F1880...@bellsouth.net>,
Objekt <obj...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I knew a guy at work who had a 2-seater Yankee (similar to
Grumman
> Tiger) & said he had joined the infamous Club, at which point I was
> like, "Too much information!" (but that's another tangent). Then
again,
> he's sort of a shorter chap. I'm 6'3" and I refuse to even THINK
about
> trying that in a Cessna 172. I value my life, y'know?

As I recall, the front seats in a 172 can move WAYYY back. How much
room do you need? On second thought, don't answer that.

John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

Tina Marie

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
In article <7jo5v7$f0r$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, <jga...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> As I recall, the front seats in a 172 can move WAYYY back. How much
>room do you need? On second thought, don't answer that.

I read somewhere about a guy who figured out a primitive autopilot
for a 172 - he put the control lock in, then used the trim to get it
more or less level. He could then, um, join the club with his
girlfriend in his lap, occasionally tapping a rudder to keep
right-side-up.

Tina Marie
--
skydiver - PP-ASEL - N860SG \*\ An apostrophe does not mean, "Yikes!
http://www.neosoft.com/~tina \*\ Here comes an 's'!" - Dave Barry

Brett Rabe

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
Tina Marie wrote:

> I read somewhere [....]

Was it an NTSB report? :-)

Brett

--
Brett Rabe br...@uswest.net / 612.664.3078
System Engineer U S WEST - Internet Services

Human beings were created by water to transport it uphill.

Tina Marie

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
In article <376025D4...@uswest.net>,

Brett Rabe <br...@uswest.net> wrote:
>Was it an NTSB report? :-)

*laugh* No. I found it, in fact - it's from that web page:

http://www.milehighclub.com/tales/tale14.html

Most of the stories are unadultered BS.

Objekt

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99

jga...@hotmail.com wrote:

> As I recall, the front seats in a 172 can move WAYYY back. How much
> room do you need? On second thought, don't answer that.

It's not the room. The 172 is fairly forgiving but I don't quite
trust it to fly itself. Wonder if I could convince someone to file IFR &
fly the left seat with foggles...

Objekt

St Stephen Ames

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
Isn't that why the autopilot was created?

--
Till the next time,
St Stephen Ames

Objekt

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99

St Stephen Ames wrote:

> Isn't that why the autopilot was created?

Most I've seen in a 172 was single-axis. But combine that with the gust
lock/trimwheel trick, and...I'd probably veer into Class C or D airspace.
There just isn't enough Class G out here on the East Coast! :)
Plus as I've said before, and am not afraid to say again: flying is better
than sex.

Objekt
(flying out of INT...when he can)

Objekt

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99

pi...@flight2000.com wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 00:55:15 -0400, Objekt <Obj...@bellsouth.net> told the
> whole world:

> > Plus as I've said before, and am not afraid to say again: flying is better
> >than sex.
> >

> Not only that! Flying is *safer* than Sex!!

How true. What I meant was that I *can* get an airplane...

Objekt

BDWood

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
On 10 Jun 1999 13:57:50 -0500, ti...@Starbase.NeoSoft.COM (Tina Marie)
wrote:

>I read somewhere about a guy who figured out a primitive autopilot
>for a 172 - he put the control lock in, then used the trim to get it
>more or less level.

I'll have to check next time I see a 172, but wouldn't the yoke then
be WAAAAY forward? That hole (the one in the yoke) is pretty near
full forward deflection...I can't imagine you could have anything
close to level flight...anyone else have more recent experience in a
172?

BDWood

BDWood

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 05:18:39 GMT, pi...@flight2000.com wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Jun 1999 00:55:15 -0400, Objekt <Obj...@bellsouth.net> told the
>whole world:
>> Plus as I've said before, and am not afraid to say again: flying is better
>>than sex.
>>

>Not only that! Flying is *safer* than Sex!!

Plus, you can just go rent a plane whenever you get the urge.

Renting the other is generally frowned upon...

BDWood

Wdtabor

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
In article <376096B3...@bellsouth.net>, Objekt <Obj...@bellsouth.net>
writes:

> Plus as I've said before, and am not afraid to say again: flying is
>better
>than sex.
>

>Objekt
>(flying out of INT...when he can)

So? Ice cream is better than cake. It doesn't mean that the combination isn't
better than either in isolation :)

Don

mike regish

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
A little outside loop action...

Hmmm....another challenge...

--
mike regish
PP-ASEL

Steve

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

>I'll have to check next time I see a 172, but wouldn't the yoke then
>be WAAAAY forward? That hole (the one in the yoke) is pretty near
>full forward deflection...I can't imagine you could have anything
>close to level flight...anyone else have more recent experience in a
>172?

You're very correct... Next time you taxi by one parked, notice the
elevator is pretty much ALL the way down.. Maybe there was another hole
drilled in the control rod? (Or maybe the story is just BS?!)

-Steve

Steve

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

> How true. What I meant was that I *can* get an airplane...
>
>Objekt

Renting them isn't illegal! ;-)

Objekt

Jun 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/13/99
Steve wrote:

> You're very correct... Next time you taxi by one parked, notice the
> elevator is pretty much ALL the way down.. Maybe there was another hole
> drilled in the control rod? (Or maybe the story is just BS?!)
>
> -Steve

Occam's Razor says you're right. :)

Objekt

Objekt

Jun 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/15/99

Better yet, any number of men can rent the same aircraft with no
problems, and when you fly a rental aircraft, it's not like you're
flying with everyone else who's ever flown it. ;)

Objekt

Jim Weir

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
Objekt <obj...@bellsouth.net>

There is a very old saying amongst men, pilots, and sailors, and I'll sanitize
it a bit.

If it flies
Floats
or f**ks
it is far cheaper to rent it.

Jim

Krisharig

Jun 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/16/99
>If it flies
>Floats
>or f**ks
>it is far cheaper to rent it.

ROTHLMAO.....but I thought it was "bound to cause trouble"....

Kristopher

Margy Natalie

Jun 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/18/99

Jim Weir wrote:

> Objekt <obj...@bellsouth.net>
> shared these priceless pearls of wisdom:
>
> There is a very old saying amongst men, pilots, and sailors, and I'll sanitize
> it a bit.
>

> If it flies
> Floats
> or f**ks
> it is far cheaper to rent it.

If its got tires or testicles, it's gonna be trouble!

Margy

Dave Mould

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
Steve wrote:

> Renting them isn't illegal! ;-)

During a business meeting where we were entertaining a Japanese associate,
several people were discussing transport arrangements, whilst another group
was making "small talk" with the Japanese visitor via a young Japanese lady
who was translating. Our visitor was asked "Did you bring your wife along
on the trip?" The translator, probably working on "automatic" and
overhearing the other conversation in the background, inadvertently
translated "Did you bring your *car* along on your trip?" The visitor's
reply raised a few eyebrows as it was translated "No, I'll just rent one
whilst I'm here. Can you recommend a suitable place? I want something
small, not too fast, and reasonably economical."

Dave Mould

Michael Gillespie

Jun 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/19/99
On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Dave Mould wrote:

> "Did you bring your *car* along on your trip?"

The chairman of the home office in Japan was visiting the local
distributor during a recent civic election. The distributor's wife,
sitting in the back seat of her husband's car as he drove the Japanese
executive through the city from the airport, reports the following
conversation:

"I see you are having an erection!"

"Yes"

"How often do you have erections?"

"Usually every four years"

Michael.

Michael Gillespie | Voice/Fax 204.943.9000
Flying Colors Precision Flight Team | mich...@gray.mb.ca
---- No good deed will go unpunished. ----- Standard Disclaimers Apply ---