$100 Green Chili Cheeseburger In Southern NM

S. Ramirez

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00
Dear Newsgroup,
Where can I experience a great green chili cheeeseburger in the Las
Cruces area? I am actually going to Santa Teresa, NM, but I am willing to
fly north a bit and east a lot (Ruidoso/Roswell area) to experience this
dynamite New Mexican treat.
Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations in this area? I've
heard that McDonald's has them, but I am looking for that mom and pop place.
Thanks.
-Simon Ramirez

Gene Seibel

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00

The Lota Burgers in Albuquerque used to have decent green chili burgers.
I know they were pretty well spread across northern NM, but might be in
the south as well.
--
Cherokee N9529J, formerly Tri-Pacer N8943D
http://pad39a.com/publishing/ - Confessions of a Pilot

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Gene Seibel

Sep 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/25/00

> Where can I experience a great green chili cheeeseburger in the
Las
> Cruces area? I am actually going to Santa Teresa, NM, but I am
willing to
> fly north a bit and east a lot (Ruidoso/Roswell area) to experience
this
> dynamite New Mexican treat.
> Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations in this area?

This won't tell you what's good, but might help find paces to try.
http://www.newmexicorestaurants.com

jga...@hotmail.com

Sep 25, 2000, 8:54:40 PM9/25/00
In article <UIFz5.70534$W45.5...@typhoon.tampabay.rr.com>,
"S. Ramirez" <sram...@deleet.cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> Dear Newsgroup,

> Where can I experience a great green chili cheeeseburger in the
Las
> Cruces area? I am actually going to Santa Teresa, NM, but I am
willing to
> fly north a bit and east a lot (Ruidoso/Roswell area) to experience
this
> dynamite New Mexican treat.
> Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations in this area?
I've
> heard that McDonald's has them, but I am looking for that mom and pop
place.

The Crosswinds restaurant (on the field in Las Cruces) has great
burgers. I can't tell you for sure whether they have a green chile
version, but I can't imagine a restaurant in Las Cruces not having them.
I think there's some sort of law about it.

I used to fly several hundred pounds of green chiles from Las Cruces
to Phoenix every September at harvest time. It was in high demand by
the many transplanted Las Crucens (like me). Every fall you fill up the
freezers with chiles and hope they last until the next harvest.

If you stop in at LRU, I recommend Southwest Aviation. They're not
the closest to the restaurant, but it's a good FBO.

John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

Spencer Hall,MD JD

Sep 26, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/26/00
Try the Outpost Bar and Grill in Carrizozo.

S. Ramirez

Sep 26, 2000, 10:00:58 PM9/26/00
This sounds like a good place to try, Spencer.
I noticed that Santa Teresa airport in New Mexico is very close to
Hatch, where they grow some fiery green chilis! Does anyone know of a good
place to eat a green chili cheeseburger in Hatch?
I will be operating out of Santa Teresa most of the time after I get
there.
-Simon Ramirez

"Spencer Hall,MD JD" <shal...@pol.net> wrote in message

S. Ramirez

Sep 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/27/00
Gene,
There are Lota Burgers in Las Cruces as well.
-Simon

"Gene Seibel" <ge...@pad39a.com> wrote in message

> > Where can I experience a great green chili cheeeseburger in the
> Las
> > Cruces area? I am actually going to Santa Teresa, NM, but I am
> willing to
> > fly north a bit and east a lot (Ruidoso/Roswell area) to experience
> this
> > dynamite New Mexican treat.
> > Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations in this area?
> I've
> > heard that McDonald's has them, but I am looking for that mom and pop
> place.
>

> The Lota Burgers in Albuquerque used to have decent green chili burgers.
> I know they were pretty well spread across northern NM, but might be in
> the south as well.

> --
> Cherokee N9529J, formerly Tri-Pacer N8943D
> http://pad39a.com/publishing/ - Confessions of a Pilot

S. Ramirez

Sep 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/27/00
> The Crosswinds restaurant (on the field in Las Cruces) has great
> burgers. I can't tell you for sure whether they have a green chile
> version, but I can't imagine a restaurant in Las Cruces not having them.
> I think there's some sort of law about it.

--I might check this place out!

> I used to fly several hundred pounds of green chiles from Las Cruces
> to Phoenix every September at harvest time. It was in high demand by
> the many transplanted Las Crucens (like me). Every fall you fill up the
> freezers with chiles and hope they last until the next harvest.

--It is amazing that gringos eat tons of chilis. Just goes to show you that
chili chompers come in all sorts of packages!
-Simon Ramirez