How to Stunt Circle a Barn.

fumin...@yahoo.com

Mar 15, 2004, 8:08:56 AM3/15/04
A basic rule for the exclusion of turning, even while crop dusting, at
a low altitude is the disorientation effect. Causing a lowering of
the altitude by confusion, and a likely wing tip crash. Very deadly
affair.

So, the idea of practicing the low altitude turn is a real stunt
flight idea.

Here is the real method of allowing the student to practice after an
introduction.

Approach the barn from corn height.
Set the altimeter.
Initiate the turn at about the right angle of bank.
Stare at the rate indicator and the altiemter to ensure only an upward
deflection.
Stare at the space from the barn to circle.
*****And always bailout of the stunt, for any seen downward rate
indicator deflection**********

A bailout is immediate pulling upward and wings leveling gain of
altitude.

A combination of IFR and VFR stunt.

A wind of maybe 10 knots is my limit. And altitudes of 10 feet are
possible on the rate indicator!!!!!! Believe it or not!!!!

Except this is how movie stunt pilots get killed. A low level biplane
flight with proper tree and barn circling is beautiful to watch, but
extremely dangerous.

I like to warn that it is like driving a car down the highway with
your face looking at the side of the road. All looking out of the
sides of the eyes to stay on the highway!!!

Mr. Tibet movie stunt pilot is the example I remember, so be carfeul
of having stunt coordination like a mafiaoso. Now I need a job.
100/hour is my rate.

Douglas Eagleson
Gaithersburg, MD USA

Jim Fisher

Mar 15, 2004, 1:16:29 PM3/15/04
<fumin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> A wind of maybe 10 knots is my limit. And altitudes of 10 feet are
> possible on the rate indicator!!!!!! Believe it or not!!!!

I believe it, man! Why, I tried that at 11 knots one time and was
tragically killed in the ensuing fireball.

True story.

--
Jim Fisher

John Gaquin

Mar 15, 2004, 2:04:15 PM3/15/04
He's baaaa--aaaack!!!!

John Harlow

Mar 15, 2004, 2:08:30 PM3/15/04
> So, the idea of practicing the low altitude turn is a real stunt
> flight idea.

Check out these guys flying:

http://www.archive.org/movies/details-db.php?collection=prelinger&collectionid=50517

Cecil E. Chapman

Mar 15, 2004, 3:29:59 PM3/15/04
A trolling we will go,,, a trolling we will go.....

last name EAGLEson.... <yeah right, Mr. Troll>

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL
Student-IASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

> Gaithersburg, MD USA

Michael 182

Mar 15, 2004, 3:34:45 PM3/15/04
Doug is a long time troll. Shows up from time to time with absurd stuff like
this.

Michael

"Cecil E. Chapman" <bayare...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Paul Tomblin

Mar 15, 2004, 5:30:13 PM3/15/04

I tried it at 9 knots and died horribly as well. I guess I need lower
limits.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptom...@xcski.com> http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
In 1665 Isaac Newton became discouraged when he fell up a flight of

Mackfly

Mar 16, 2004, 8:19:02 PM3/16/04
>From: fumin...@yahoo.com
>Date: 3/15/2004 7:08

>A basic rule for the exclusion of turning, even while crop dusting, at
>a low altitude is the disorientation effect.

Bla Bla Bla---Out here in Nebraska, if doors are open on both ends of the barn
we don't bother flying around it! Why? When you can just fly right through the
barn. Why, now and again you can pick up a pretty nice chicken for dinner
later that night.
Oh by the way son of an Eagle--If you think you have to look at ANY
instrument doing something like flying around a barn or tree you'd better stay
at home and on the ground ! low slow Mac

Robert Moore

Mar 17, 2004, 8:59:20 AM3/17/04
"John Gaquin" wrote
> He's baaaa--aaaack!!!!

Yep! At least once-a-year. It's hard to believe that such a
person actually exists, but it seems that he really does exist.

Looking at his home page, (http://llef.tripod.com/eagleson) he
has removed a lot of his personal information that was there
a year or two ago, but his wife's "look at me!" stuff is still
there.

Would you believe that he really IS a pilot???? Hard, I know,
but have a look at this:

N-number : N10GS
Aircraft Serial Number : 15060587
Aircraft Manufacturer : CESSNA
Model : 150D
Engine Manufacturer : CONT MOTOR
Model : 0-200 SERIES
Aircraft Year : 1964
Owner Name : EAGLESON DOUGLAS M
Owner Address : 217 E DEER PARK DR
GAITHERSBURG, MD, 20877
Type of Owner : Individual
Registration Date : 02-Jun-1993
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard

He does not appear in the FAA's public pilot database.

We are not the only victims of Douglas' strange posts. Just one
of many posts from the following site:
http://mathforum.com/discuss/sci.math/m/474546/475786

Subject: Re: When does zero exist?
Author: Douglas Eagleson <eagleso...@yahoo.com>
Date Posted: Jan 22 2003 12:00:34:000AM

Bob Pease wrote:
> Doug's stuff is not written in anything resembling standard
> English.
> Also , he refuses to attempt to answer direct questions.
> I don't think he knows what "An algebra" means..
> What I get as a poorly expressed opinion , using soi-disant
> definitions and
> ideas that were put to rest in the sixteenth century, that any
> mathematics that does not meet the computational needs of a
> Hutterite Farmer in the 19th century is not only useless, but
> marginally evil. I'm afraid I'll have to send him to Crank City.
>
> PLONK!!!
>
> RJ Pease

Sorry, the concepts delayed for resolution all were
delayed by the Knox recitation I replied to. The need to
justify the zero number as the symmetry of all functions
was the basis for the judgement of the theory's correctness.

And the reply is to simply say, that the mathematics
is able to be defined differently. And the differential was never
considered correctly in its impact on the numbers system
theory.

What is the impact? Another mathematics is more likely
correcter.

fumin...@yahoo.com

Mar 17, 2004, 10:12:08 AM3/17/04
mac...@aol.com (Mackfly) wrote in message news:<20040316201902...@mb-m13.aol.com>...

I was giving the readers the rules for practicing the stunt. In the
learning to turns arround a point at 30 feet, the altimeter is
mandatory. It is the means to prevent the wing from hitting the
ground.

I have the Eaglson Landing named after me by the way. It is stolen
from the animal Perigrin falcon that lands accelerated always. A nice
nose wheel landing with the quick elevator yank to stall on, and never
bounce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No bounces!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying through barns is hard flying I have not tried it because the
ones around here are to small.

John Galban

Mar 17, 2004, 2:48:00 PM3/17/04
fumin...@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<1b3b53b2.04031...@posting.google.com>...

> I have the Eaglson Landing named after me by the way. It is stolen
> from the animal Perigrin falcon that lands accelerated always. A nice
> nose wheel landing with the quick elevator yank to stall on, and never
> bounce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming soon to a PTS near you : The Eagleson Landing!

DE: OK, I want to see 1 soft field, 1 short field and 1 Eagleson
landing. Make sure you do the Eagleson Landing last because you'll
need the nosewheel for the 1st two landings.

John Galban=====>N4BQ (PA28-180)

G.R. Patterson III

Mar 17, 2004, 6:58:07 PM3/17/04

In my plane, of course, the Eagleson landing is more commonly referred to as a
"prop strike". I get to keep my nosewheel, though, 'cause it's on the other end.

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.

Jim Fisher

Mar 17, 2004, 11:18:42 PM3/17/04
<fumin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I was giving the readers the rules for practicing the stunt. In the
> learning to turns arround a point at 30 feet, the altimeter is
> mandatory. It is the means to prevent the wing from hitting the
> ground.

Wholeheartedly agree, Douglas!

I simply cannot fathom why CFIs drill that "keep your eyes outside" mantra
into their students with such frequency. That altimeter is much more
accurate than eyeballs. Especially at 30 feet.

Good job.

> I have the Eaglson Landing named after me by the way.

<gasp> That's YOU? Get outta here!

It is stolen
> from the animal Perigrin falcon that lands accelerated always. A nice
> nose wheel landing with the quick elevator yank to stall on, and never
> bounce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please share more of your wisdom with us, Doug. I am sure I speak for all
of us here when I say that we can learn much from your experience.

Michael 182

Mar 17, 2004, 11:22:48 PM3/17/04

"Jim Fisher" <prop...@hiwaayREMOVE.net> wrote in message
> <fumin...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > I have the Eaglson Landing named after me by the way.
>
> <gasp> That's YOU? Get outta here!
>
> It is stolen
> > from the animal Perigrin falcon that lands accelerated always. A nice
> > nose wheel landing with the quick elevator yank to stall on, and never
> > bounce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Please share more of your wisdom with us, Doug. I am sure I speak for all
> of us here when I say that we can learn much from your experience.

No nose wheel balance - big deal. The real trick is to come to a complete
stop without letting the mains ever touch the ground, then spin 180 and take
back off. I'd tell you how to do it, but I'm worried some of you amateurs
would hurt yourself trying it.

Michael

fumin...@yahoo.com

Mar 18, 2004, 6:52:37 PM3/18/04
"Michael 182" <mhor...@attbiNOSPAMALLOWED.com> wrote in message news:<su96c.34080$po.305083@attbi_s52>...

I do not fly the wierk, Yak, type airplane. Somebody siad you could
almost hover with one. As long as it is for fun and insured, a
tailwheel hover? It requires the same kind of pilot. Except I am poor
and wanna' see the name of the pilot that does that for real.

Dean Wilkinson

Mar 18, 2004, 10:14:27 PM3/18/04
I praktis the Eagleson landing just like Douglass siad. It is amasing
to haf such a famuss persin az Douglas Eagleson posting on ar humbowl
bored. Wut a gud pilot you are Douglas! Win I circle a barn at 30
feet, I use a GPS to make sure I donut hit the grownd. Looking
outside doesn't wierk. Last time I did it, I got a head ingury.