Af/Pak & Other News (8/18/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Aug 18, 2012, 8:42:24 PM8/18/12
US forces in Afghanistan ordered to keep weapons loaded at all times:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/17/13329628-us-forces-in-afghanistan-ordered-to-keep-weapons-loaded-at-all-times?lite

US drone kills six militants in Pakistan: officials:

http://india.nydailynews.com/newsarticle/5c5380140cde1c30fd3258df0e88d4cc/us-drone-kills-six-militants-in-pakistan-officials

NATO, Taliban in War of Words Over Afghan Deaths:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/nato-taliban-war-words-afghan-deaths-17034079#.UDAaLKPAjGs

UPDATED: Air Force Official: Green-on-Blue Incidents a Big Setback for
NATO Mission in Afghanistan:

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=867

Turkish fighters in the Islamic Jihad Union:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/08/_several_turks_have.php

The Border Bewilderness:

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/india/articles/20120818.aspx

Deploying MacGyver to Afghanistan:

http://defensetech.org/2012/08/17/deploying-macgyver-to-afghanistan/

The worm turns: Villagers take the counterinsurgency into their own
hands:

http://www.economist.com/node/21560606

Iran Leaves The Internet:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htiw/articles/20120818.aspx

AQAP rebuilding in Jaar?:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/archives/2012/08/aqap_rebuilding_in_jaar.php

Militants attack Yemen intelligence HQ, killing 20:

http://news.yahoo.com/militants-attack-yemen-intelligence-hq-killing-20-214445916.html?_esi=1

Syria denies Assad's deputy tried to defect:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/08/18/syria-crisis-idINL6E8JI19H20120818

Syrian opposition fighters acquire Stinger missiles: sources:

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/08/17/232739.html

Syria war tipping Mideast balance toward Sunnis:

http://news.yahoo.com/syria-war-tipping-mideast-balance-toward-sunnis-190815332.html

IAI's REX robot to face first operational trial:

http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=411&ArticleID=1515

Israel, U.S. conduct joint naval exercises:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-u-s-conduct-joint-naval-exercises-1.459107

Assault rifles with a twist:

http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=483&ArticleID=1578

Namibia welcomes Chinese-built logistic ship:

http://www.janes.com/products/janes/defence-security-report.aspx?ID=1065970609&channel=defence

War on Somali Pirates: Big Business and Growing:

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=868

Top General Undone by Spa Treatments, Snickers, Broadway Show:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/08/william-ward/

Yugoimport develops longer-ranging, harder-hitting M56 howitzer:

http://www.janes.com/products/janes/defence-security-report.aspx?ID=1065970613&channel=defence

Russian military to acquire lighter tanks with greater
maneuverability:

http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=483&ArticleID=1581

RAF Sea King tried to evacuate Duke of Edinburgh to hospital four
times:

http://alert5.com/2012/08/18/raf-sea-king-tried-to-evacuate-duke-of-edinburgh-to-hospital-four-times/

Olympics was 'threatened with cyber attack':

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9478911/Olympics-was-threatened-with-cyber-attack.html

Exposing China's vast underground economy; 90,000 people work on the
dark side of the Net:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/18/baidu_tencent_used_by_chinese_cyber_crims/

N.Korea could produce dozens more nukes: study:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/NKorea_could_produce_dozens_more_nukes_study_999.html

Modernization Effort Means New, Tested Gear in S. Korea:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120818/DEFREG03/308180001/Modernization-Effort-Means-New-Tested-Gear-S-Korea?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Australia's Maritime Imagination:

http://www.informationdissemination.net/2012/08/australias-maritime-imagination.html

US soldiers hacked to death by N. Korean guards remembered:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/18/13349175-us-soldiers-hacked-to-death-by-n-korean-guards-remembered?lite

Marines Will Alter V-22 Training After Morocco Mishap:

http://defense.aol.com/2012/08/17/marines-will-alter-v-22-training-after-morocco-mishap/

US Army Invests $46 Million to Keep JAGM Technology Alive:

http://defense-update.com/20120817_jagm.html

USAF Eyes SpaceX For Future GPS Launches:

http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/asd_08_17_2012_p03-02-486227.xml

Breaking news, literally: Reuters hacked third time this MONTH:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/08/17/reuters_blogs_hacked_again/

The virtual spy:

http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=484&ArticleID=1577

USAF plans F-15 modernization, but pilots want better displays:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-plans-f-15-modernization-but-pilots-want-better-displays-375612/

Don’t Give Up on Hypersonic Technology, Experts Say in Wake of X-51
Test Failure:

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=870

Back to the Future – Targeting the New TASM:

http://www.informationdissemination.net/2012/08/back-to-future-targeting-new-tasm.html

Lockheed Martin Receives US Marine Corps Contract For Personnel
Carrier Vehicle Study and Demonstration:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Lockheed_Martin_Receives_US_Marine_Corps_Contract_For_Personnel_Carrier_Vehicle_Study_and_Demonstration_999.html

US Army to Field Fifth THAAD Battery by 2015:

http://defense-update.com/20120817_thaad-3.html

KQ-X - Yes, That IS How They Do It:

http://www.aviationweek.com/Blogs.aspx?plckBlogId=Blog:27ec4a53-dcc8-42d0-bd3a-01329aef79a7&plckPostId=Blog:27ec4a53-dcc8-42d0-bd3a-01329aef79a7Post:60dec69a-7eff-432b-998c-cacd04669134

Drone dogfights by 2015? U.S. Navy preps for futuristic combat:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13576_3-57457501-315/drone-dogfights-by-2015-u.s-navy-preps-for-futuristic-combat/

Dogfighting drones – swarms of unmanned battle-bots take to the skies:

http://www.airforce-technology.com/features/featuredogfight-drones-unmanned-battle-bot-swarms/

Hackers backdoor the human brain, successfully extract sensitive data:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/134682-hackers-backdoor-the-human-brain-successfully-extract-sensitive-data

Navy's oldest commissioned warship to sail again:

http://news.yahoo.com/navys-oldest-commissioned-warship-sail-again-195935576.html

SolomonW

Aug 19, 2012, 8:28:58 AM8/19/12
On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 17:42:24 -0700 (PDT), dump...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hackers backdoor the human brain, successfully extract sensitive data:
>
> http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/134682-hackers-backdoor-the-human-brain-successfully-extract-sensitive-data

I have seen something similar done with a lie detector.

Jeffrey Hamilton

Aug 19, 2012, 1:24:32 PM8/19/12
dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> US forces in Afghanistan ordered to keep weapons loaded at all times:
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/17/13329628-us-forces-in-afghanistan-ordered-to-keep-weapons-loaded-at-all-times?liteWhy did it take so long for this order to be given, I wonder ?> Deploying MacGyver to Afghanistan:>> http://defensetech.org/2012/08/17/deploying-macgyver-to-afghanistan/This is a very cool system. There's an interesting 3:30 min. video to watchtoo. > The worm turns: Villagers take the counterinsurgency into their own> hands:>> http://www.economist.com/node/21560606This is interesting, the villagers don't like Karzai and his corruption,they also don't like NATO, but they're now involved in a serious fight withthe Taliban who have now overstayed their welcome "in Andar district inGhazni province, south of the capital," due to their brutal attacks on thevillagers. I'm on the villagers side, in this one ! They have weapons, theyneed ammo, let's give them some.> IAI's REX robot to face first operational trial:>> http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=411&ArticleID=1515This is kinda cool, 'carry your own damn mortar shells' !> Israel, U.S. conduct joint naval exercises:>>http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/israel-u-s-conduct-joint-naval-exercises-1.459107So long as they manage to not sink any vessel of the Russian flotilla sentostensibly to rescue Russian nationals 'trapped' in Syria, it sounds like awin/win situation. Donut ?> Assault rifles with a twist:>> http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=483&ArticleID=1578Coming soon to a Hezbollah and Hamas community near Israel soon, very soon.Things are going to get tense, very, very tense when Syria falls.> Top General Undone by Spa Treatments, Snickers, Broadway Show:>> http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/08/william-ward/I find it difficult to believe that an US General has been demoted forcorruption, an excellent start.Now , lets's keep th pressure on...> RAF Sea King tried to evacuate Duke of Edinburgh to hospital four> times:>>http://alert5.com/2012/08/18/raf-sea-king-tried-to-evacuate-duke-of-edinburgh-to-hospital-four-times/We have had and possibly still do, the exact same technical problems here inCanada with our aged Sea King fleet of helicopters. Have four of them ? Onemight work !> N.Korea could produce dozens more nukes: study:>>http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/NKorea_could_produce_dozens_more_nukes_study_999.htmlYou're right, we should "nuke 'em, nuke 'em now".> US soldiers hacked to death by N. Korean guards remembered:>>http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/18/13349175-us-soldiers-hacked-to-death-by-n-korean-guards-remembered?liteYep, we should simply make it a policy to 'nuke' the military bases of these'dirt-bag murderers', first.> Navy's oldest commissioned warship to sail again:>>http://news.yahoo.com/navys-oldest-commissioned-warship-sail-again-195935576.htmlNow this is both very cool and very significant American Naval history. cheers....Jeff

Bill

Aug 19, 2012, 2:03:53 PM8/19/12
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:24:32 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
<bbere...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

>dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> US forces in Afghanistan ordered to keep weapons loaded at all times:
> http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/17/13329628-us-forces-in-afghanistan-ordered-to-keep-weapons-loaded-at-all-times?liteWhy did it take so long for this order to be given, I wonder ?

Because if everyone from cooks to generals is wandering about with
loaded guns the accident rate is going to be higher.

> The worm turns: Villagers take the counterinsurgency into their
own> hands:>> http://www.economist.com/node/21560606This is
interesting, the villagers don't like Karzai and his corruption,they
also don't like NATO, but they're now involved in a serious fight
withthe Taliban who have now overstayed their welcome "in Andar
district inGhazni province, south of the capital," due to their brutal
attacks on thevillagers. I'm on the villagers side, in this one ! They
have weapons, theyneed ammo, let's give them some

------------------------------------

Your problem here is that the villagers may change sides.

Afghan society is an absolute democracy with dissenting voices being
allowed freedom to do as they wish.

What is described as 'a militia' is probably better called a
'lashkar', or war band. formed and funded by some of the village's
senior and wealthy residents, known as 'maliks'.

One assumes that as we talk about this one some over-educated spook
wrapped in a bed sheet is taking tea and making promises about that
ammunition supply.

Jeffrey Hamilton

Aug 19, 2012, 2:54:12 PM8/19/12
Bill wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:24:32 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
> <bbere...@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>> dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> US forces in Afghanistan ordered to keep weapons loaded at all
>>> times:
>> http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/17/13329628-us-forces-in-afghanistan-ordered-to-keep-weapons-loaded-at-all-times?liteWhy
>> did it take so long for this order to be given, I wonder ?
>
> Because if everyone from cooks to generals is wandering about with
> loaded guns the accident rate is going to be higher.

Alright, William, but your newest "deputy dawg sherriff", just shot the
phuck out of your most recent graduating class.
Wot now ?

Bill

Aug 19, 2012, 3:48:00 PM8/19/12
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 14:54:12 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
<bbere...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

>Bill wrote:
>> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:24:32 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
>> <bbere...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

>>> http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/17/13329628-us-forces-in-afghanistan-ordered-to-keep-weapons-loaded-at-all-times?liteWhy
>>> did it take so long for this order to be given, I wonder ?
>>
>> Because if everyone from cooks to generals is wandering about with
>> loaded guns the accident rate is going to be higher.
>
>Alright, William, but your newest "deputy dawg sherriff", just shot the
>phuck out of your most recent graduating class.
>Wot now ?

I have no idea.

The exact same problem was a feature of the 'Afghan Frontier Force' a
century ago.

Now and again an Afghan soldier/policeman will shoot a member of the
allied forces because they wish to kill an infidel.

It is one of the inevitable costs of training an Afghan army/police
force.

The best solution found was to get the European/non Muslim trainers to
learn the local language, spend a lot of time with their charges and
become part of the local landscape and keep a tight control of all
ammunition and military stores.

To do this the British 'between the wars' had a one year training
period and a three year operational tour as standard for all officers
followed by a second tour at some later point as a senior officer.
Senior training NCOs were postings from Muslim troops from within the
Indian Army.

Units at battalion level were mixed but platoons were all from a
single clan/tribe for dietary and religious reasons.

You allow the men to take their weapons on leave, just in case they
get problems at home. One or two don't come back, you just have to
look happy and hope the bullets don't come back your way.

Of yes, and no Afridis or Mahsuds...

They're far to dangerous to let into the compound...

They still got European officers shot...

dump...@hotmail.com

Aug 19, 2012, 7:59:49 PM8/19/12
Will this mean the end of waterboarding, and the beginning of brain-hacking?

dott.Piergiorgio

Aug 20, 2012, 4:08:31 AM8/20/12
Il 19/08/2012 20:03, Bill ha scritto:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:24:32 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
> <bbere...@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>> dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> US forces in Afghanistan ordered to keep weapons loaded at all times:
>> http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/17/13329628-us-forces-in-afghanistan-ordered-to-keep-weapons-loaded-at-all-times?liteWhy did it take so long for this order to be given, I wonder ?
>
> Because if everyone from cooks to generals is wandering about with
> loaded guns the accident rate is going to be higher.

well, depend on the service; USMC people are all seriously trained in
firearms, but US Army logistic and service troops are another matter.....

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

dott.Piergiorgio

Aug 20, 2012, 4:15:08 AM8/20/12
Il 19/08/2012 21:48, Bill ha scritto:

> The best solution found was to get the European/non Muslim trainers to
> learn the local language, spend a lot of time with their charges and
> become part of the local landscape and keep a tight control of all
> ammunition and military stores.

I must point that this solution is always successfully applied by
Italian military since the 1982 Lebanon intervention....

SolomonW

Aug 20, 2012, 8:17:39 AM8/20/12
Unlikely as you need to know what you are looking for to make this work.

Jeffrey Hamilton

Aug 20, 2012, 2:44:12 PM8/20/12
Bill wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 14:54:12 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
> <bbere...@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>> Bill wrote:

>>> Because if everyone from cooks to generals is wandering about with
>>> loaded guns the accident rate is going to be higher.
>>
>> Alright, William, but your newest "deputy dawg sherriff", just shot
>> the phuck out of your most recent graduating class.
>> Wot now ?
>>

> I have no idea.

Me either, this particular killer, received his weapon as a brand NEW member
of the Afghan Frontier Police and immediately turned it upon and murdered
his allies...

> The exact same problem was a feature of the 'Afghan Frontier Force' a
> century ago.

Yes, I agree. The more times change, the more they remain the same.

> Now and again an Afghan soldier/policeman will shoot a member of the
> allied forces because they wish to kill an infidel.

Gosh, business as usual, eh ?

I honestly believe we need to break that particular cycle, William.

> It is one of the inevitable costs of training an Afghan army/police
> force.

Maybe we need to introduce them to the concept, "Fuck with our people and
we'll eradicate YOUR *species*.

From this point on, I believe I do recognize your points that your making.

> The best solution found was to get the European/non Muslim trainers to
> learn the local language, spend a lot of time with their charges and
> become part of the local landscape and keep a tight control of all
> ammunition and military stores.

I honestly believe we need to protect, OUR culture.

> To do this the British 'between the wars' had a one year training
> period and a three year operational tour as standard for all officers
> followed by a second tour at some later point as a senior officer.
> Senior training NCOs were postings from Muslim troops from within the
> Indian Army.

Call me 'old fashioned' William, but I happen to believe that, compulsary
military service, might be an advantage to our nations, in more ways than
one.

> Units at battalion level were mixed but platoons were all from a
> single clan/tribe for dietary and religious reasons.

Way back when, yes.

> You allow the men to take their weapons on leave, just in case they
> get problems at home. One or two don't come back, you just have to
> look happy and hope the bullets don't come back your way.

I agree with most of the above.

> Of yes, and no Afridis or Mahsuds...

Agreed...

> They're far to dangerous to let into the compound...

Agreed...

> They still got European officers shot...

As most recently demonstrated... Agreed...

Bill

Aug 20, 2012, 4:26:43 PM8/20/12
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:44:12 -0400, "Jeffrey Hamilton"
<bbere...@cogeco.ca> wrote:

>Bill wrote:

>Me either, this particular killer, received his weapon as a brand NEW member
>of the Afghan Frontier Police and immediately turned it upon and murdered
>his allies...

Which makes you wonder how he got his hands on the ammunition...

Initial weapons training should be in the hands of the locals by now.

It's not as if they don't know how to shoot...

>> Now and again an Afghan soldier/policeman will shoot a member of the
>> allied forces because they wish to kill an infidel.
>
>Gosh, business as usual, eh ?
>
>I honestly believe we need to break that particular cycle, William.

Nobody has managed yet.

>> It is one of the inevitable costs of training an Afghan army/police
>> force.
>
>Maybe we need to introduce them to the concept, "Fuck with our people and
>we'll eradicate YOUR *species*.

The USSR tried that one.

It didn't work.

>From this point on, I believe I do recognize your points that your making.
>
>> The best solution found was to get the European/non Muslim trainers to
>> learn the local language, spend a lot of time with their charges and
>> become part of the local landscape and keep a tight control of all
>> ammunition and military stores.
>
>I honestly believe we need to protect, OUR culture.

You miss the point almost exactly.

The Taliban honestly believes that it is their culture that needs
protecting.

They're not closing schools and killing unveiled women because they're
trying to change things.

The people whose culture is looking really fragile here is theirs, not
ours...

The Taliban leaders aren't stupid. Plenty of them have spent time in
other countries.

They look at India and Indonesia and see the secular, rich and
successful Muslims living the good life, and it scares them.

They see people like Baron Alli, openly gay, secular and a Socialist
millionaire (I know, but the guy obviously has a lot of
contradictions in his life) and they want to kill him far more than
they want to kill US soldiers in Afghanistan.

They see almost without belief Baroness Warsi, a Tory peer, an
unveiled woman and a British cabinet minister and they really do want
her dead.

Now they know their own people see these rich secularised highly
honoured Muslims in the West and they know their people want 'some of
what they've got'. Their society is going to die unless they can kill
what will change it.

> > To do this the British 'between the wars' had a one year training
>> period and a three year operational tour as standard for all officers
>> followed by a second tour at some later point as a senior officer.
>> Senior training NCOs were postings from Muslim troops from within the
>> Indian Army.
>
>Call me 'old fashioned' William, but I happen to believe that, compulsary
>military service, might be an advantage to our nations, in more ways than
>one.

No.

It's an expensive way of producing soldiers whose level of training is
poor and who may not be committed to the cause you ant them to fight
for.

There's no doubt that the British conscripts wanted to defeat Germany,
their families were being bombed and their way of life was in danger.

There's no doubt that those same conscripts were utterly ineffective
fighting Jewish terrorists/freedom fighter in 1945/7 because they
knew damn well that they were being the 'bad guys'.

Andrew Chaplin

Aug 20, 2012, 4:54:59 PM8/20/12
Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in

> You miss the point almost exactly.
>
> The Taliban honestly believes that it is their culture that needs
> protecting.
>
> They're not closing schools and killing unveiled women because they're
> trying to change things.
>
> The people whose culture is looking really fragile here is theirs, not
> ours...
>
> The Taliban leaders aren't stupid. Plenty of them have spent time in
> other countries.
>
> They look at India and Indonesia and see the secular, rich and
> successful Muslims living the good life, and it scares them.
>
> They see people like Baron Alli, openly gay, secular and a Socialist
> millionaire (I know, but the guy obviously has a lot of contradictions
> in his life) and they want to kill him far more than they want to kill
> US soldiers in Afghanistan.
>
> They see almost without belief Baroness Warsi, a Tory peer, an unveiled
> woman and a British cabinet minister and they really do want her dead.

Here's another woman who makes them particularly unhappy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irshad_Manji. However at odds one might find
oneself with her, she just makes so much damn sense. I believe she is
living under a fatwa.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Bill

Aug 20, 2012, 5:17:03 PM8/20/12
The point is that our culture isn't threatened at all, theirs is.

I find it interesting that Christian, Hindu, Sikh and Jewish
religious cultures are under similar pressures, and doesn't seem to
care that much.

There is some resistance, there's even the odd rock being thrown, but
nobody but only the Muslims are doing any shooting...

You have to ask why...

dump...@hotmail.com

Aug 20, 2012, 5:41:06 PM8/20/12
On Monday, August 20, 2012 2:17:03 PM UTC-7, Bill wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:54:59 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Chaplin <ab.ch...@yourfinger.rogers.com> wrote: >Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in >news:ah6538hkakae53v28...@4ax.com: > >> You miss the point almost exactly. >> >> The Taliban honestly believes that it is their culture that needs >> protecting. >> >> They're not closing schools and killing unveiled women because they're >> trying to change things. >> >> The people whose culture is looking really fragile here is theirs, not >> ours... >> >> The Taliban leaders aren't stupid. Plenty of them have spent time in >> other countries. >> >> They look at India and Indonesia and see the secular, rich and >> successful Muslims living the good life, and it scares them. >> >> They see people like Baron Alli, openly gay, secular and a Socialist >> millionaire (I know, but the guy obviously has a lot of contradictions >> in his life) and they want to kill him far more than they want to kill >> US soldiers in Afghanistan. >> >> They see almost without belief Baroness Warsi, a Tory peer, an unveiled >> woman and a British cabinet minister and they really do want her dead. > >Here's another woman who makes them particularly unhappy: >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irshad_Manji. However at odds one might find >oneself with her, she just makes so much damn sense. I believe she is >living under a fatwa. The point is that our culture isn't threatened at all, theirs is. I find it interesting that Christian, Hindu, Sikh and Jewish religious cultures are under similar pressures, and doesn't seem to care that much. There is some resistance, there's even the odd rock being thrown, but nobody but only the Muslims are doing any shooting... You have to ask why...

These Islamic extremists remind me of the inhabitants
of the planet Krikkit, from the "Hitchhikers Guide to
The Galaxy" series.

"Long ago, the peaceful population of the planet
of Krikkit, unaware of the rest of the Universe
due to a dust cloud that surrounded its solar
system, were surprised to find the wreckage of
a spacecraft on their planet. Reverse engineering
their own vessel, they explored past the dust
cloud and saw the rest of the Universe,
immediately taking a disliking to it and
determining it must go."

Source:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life,_the_Universe_and_Everything

That pretty much sums up the extremist's view
of the the rest of the world. It doesn't fit
their world-view. Therefore, it must go.

La N.

Aug 20, 2012, 6:55:19 PM8/20/12

"Andrew Chaplin" <ab.ch...@yourfinger.rogers.com> wrote in message
Fabulous woman. I'm on her mailing list. She's very, very brave.

- nilita

Richard Casady

Aug 20, 2012, 11:11:16 PM8/20/12
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:26:43 +0100, Bill <black...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>There's no doubt that those same conscripts were utterly ineffective
>fighting Jewish terrorists/freedom fighter in 1945/7 because they
>knew damn well that they were being the 'bad guys'.

When General Crook finally caught Geranimo, ending his thirty year
effort to deal with the Indians, he remarked that the worst thing
about it was knowing that the Indians were in the right.

Casady