Af/Pak & Other News (4/17/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Apr 17, 2012, 1:21:04 PM4/17/12
US prepares for what could be last major Afghan offensive:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/17/us-prepares-for-what-could-be-last-major-afghan-offensive/

Pakistan avalanche search hampered by toxic gases:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ieV2fA3E9L6-XV0UJjXEyqynzwXg?docId=CNG.c08c8e622e39bd7dadcc8f751204f895.141

Afghan schoolgirls poisoned in anti-education attack:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/17/us-afghanistan-women-idUSBRE83G0PZ20120417

Interview: Taliban Spokesman Qari Yousef Ahmadi:

http://www.asharq-e.com/news.asp?section=5&id=29261

Australia to withdraw troops from Afghanistan by 2013:

http://www.defencetalk.com/australia-to-withdraw-troops-from-afghanistan-by-2013-41674/

Pakistan to free Osama bin Laden's wives, children:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/17/11241273-pakistan-to-free-osama-bin-ladens-wives-children?lite

Cash-For-Crash Suspects 'Killed In Drone Strike':

http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Crime/2012/Apr/02/Cash-For-Crash-Suspects-Killed-In-Drone-Strike_46730.html

Saudis: Yemen consul's kidnappers demand prisoner release:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/17/us-saudi-yemen-idUSBRE83G0VX20120417

Activists say Syrian troops widen shelling attacks:

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/activists-say-syrian-troops-1419102.html

Some 1,200 Palestinian prisoners go on open-ended hunger strike:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/some-1-200-palestinian-prisoners-go-on-open-ended-hunger-strike-1.424811

US, China engaging in cyber war games: Report:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/US_China_engaging_in_cyber_war_games_Report_999.html

Clear photo of Z-19 attack helicopter in operational service:

http://alert5.com/2012/04/17/clear-photo-of-z-19-attack-helicopter-in-operational-service/

Tokyo governor says city will buy disputed islands, could elevate
tensions with China:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/04/17/tokyo-governor-says-city-will-buy-disputed-islands-could-elevate-tensions-with/

Some 40 Russian Bombers Exercise Near Japan Frontier:

http://en.ria.ru/mlitary_news/20120416/172855371.html

Australia Picks Supacat Vehicle for Special Forces:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120417/DEFREG03/304170003/Australia-Picks-Supacat-Vehicle-Special-Forces?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

(JSF) This is Obscene:

http://www.informationdissemination.net/2012/04/this-is-obscene.html

US Navy Names Five New Submarines:

http://www.defencetalk.com/us-navy-names-five-new-submarines-41663/

The Navy Kicks off the Search for Its Next Fighter:

http://defensetech.org/2012/04/16/the-navy-kicks-off-the-search-for-its-next-fighter/

USS Lyndon B. Johnson:

http://www.informationdissemination.net/2012/04/uss-lyndon-b-johnson.html

Navy Will Give Nearsighted Minehunter Robotic Glasses:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/04/knifefish/

Meet Boeing’s New Carrier-Launched Drone Design:

http://defensetech.org/2012/04/16/16952/

(Battle Force Ships) Visual Aid:

http://www.informationdissemination.net/2012/04/visual-aid.html

Viper Strike Scores Multiple Direct Hits from USMC’s KC-130J Harvest
Hawk:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/134457/viper-strike-scores-direct-hits-from-harvest-hawk.html

USMC’s Harriers Could Fly Until 2030!:

http://defensetech.org/2012/04/16/usmcs-harriers-could-fly-until-2030/

Andrew Swallow

Apr 17, 2012, 3:15:50 PM4/17/12
On 17/04/2012 18:21, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Afghan schoolgirls poisoned in anti-education attack:
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/17/us-afghanistan-women-idUSBRE83G0PZ20120417

We have to really make the point that the Taliban are followers of the
Devil and an abomination unto Allah.

Andrew Swallow

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Apr 17, 2012, 4:31:11 PM4/17/12
see other thread, Enola Gay...U.S. kills far more school girls than Taliban.

Take your blinders off, son.
;-)

--
definition: murder - immoral killing of people, NO EXCEPTIONS

Dean

Apr 17, 2012, 7:17:11 PM4/17/12
On Apr 17, 4:31 pm, "Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D." <d...@jameford.edu>
wrote:
> Andrew Swallow wrote:
> > On 17/04/2012 18:21, dumpst...@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> >> Afghan schoolgirls poisoned in anti-education attack:
>
> >>http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/17/us-afghanistan-women-idUSBR...
>
> > We have to really make the point that the Taliban are followers of the
> > Devil and an abomination unto Allah.
>
> > Andrew Swallow
>
> see other thread, Enola Gay...U.S. kills far more school girls than Taliban.
>
> Take your blinders off, son.
> ;-)
>
> --
> definition: murder - immoral killing of people, NO EXCEPTIONS

Take the "Dr." away from your name, fraud.

dump...@hotmail.com

Apr 17, 2012, 7:39:57 PM4/17/12
So, is the JSF just a big money pit after all? Or is it worth the
huge amount of moolah it's going to cost?

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Apr 19, 2012, 9:13:43 AM4/19/12
Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D. wrote:

> Andrew Swallow wrote:
>
>> On 17/04/2012 18:21, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Afghan schoolgirls poisoned in anti-education attack:
>>>
>>> http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/17/us-afghanistan-women-idUSBRE83G0PZ20120417
>>>

>> We have to really make the point that the Taliban are followers of the
>> Devil and an abomination unto Allah.
>>
>> Andrew Swallow
>

> see other thread, Enola Gay...U.S. kills far more school girls than
> Taliban.
>
> Take your blinders off, son.
> ;-)

The U.S. intentionally killed about 10,000 school girls and about
10,000 school boys.

all "justified"...like the Taliban
;-)

David E. Powell

Apr 19, 2012, 10:49:53 AM4/19/12
The thing you have to remember is that these girls have tons more
balls going to school in a place with Taliban types running around,
who are willing to literally kill them for trying to learn stuff like
reading and math, than certain internet trolls do going on a computer
and running down the people who are trying to preserve those freedoms
for them on an anonymous account.

Makes me wonder what the Taliban are so scared of. I mean, so scared
of a few kids, says a lot about them.

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Apr 19, 2012, 11:08:02 AM4/19/12
David E. Powell wrote:

> The thing you have to remember is that these girls have tons more
> balls going to school in a place with Taliban types running around,
> who are willing to literally kill them for trying to learn stuff like
> reading and math, than certain internet trolls do going on a computer
> and running down the people who are trying to preserve those freedoms
> for them on an anonymous account.

I say Bravo for those school girls. But neither the U.S. killing
school girls in Afghanistan nor the 10,000 school girls the U.S.
intentionally killed with one bomb in Hiroshima has done anything
to preserve my freedoms. I prefer my military do the right thing.

(and son i'm sure you don't know what balls are)
;-)

Daryl

Apr 19, 2012, 11:12:18 AM4/19/12
You prefer someone else to go in your place. Fine, you get your
wish.

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and

dott.Piergiorgio

Apr 19, 2012, 6:42:41 PM4/19/12
Trouble is, every other muslim is aware of the latter point (as
mainstream christians are aware of the problematic nature of the
fundementalist christians) but lack effective means to check those
fundamentalists whose is the real core issue of the islamic mess)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

La N.

Apr 19, 2012, 10:19:18 PM4/19/12

"dott.Piergiorgio" <chied...@ask.me> wrote in message
Speaking as a non-fundy Christian, I agree with you wholeheartedly on this
point, dottore!

- nilita

Andrew Swallow

Apr 20, 2012, 5:49:38 AM4/20/12
At the national level Al Qaeda is a terrorist army. At the local level
it is a couple of guys in a Mosque. In that part of the world every man
has a gun.

At a personnel level you can refuse to go to that Mosque and prevent you
family going.

At the village and/or extended family level you can out number the
Mullah and drive him out the village.

The school teaching terrorism are harder for an individual to close
down. A phone call or letter to the nearest US military base can have
some interesting effects. Particularly if you tell them where to find
weapons or other proof of crimes.

Andrew Swallow

dott.Piergiorgio

Apr 20, 2012, 10:48:23 AM4/20/12
Il 20/04/2012 11:49, Andrew Swallow ha scritto:

> At the national level Al Qaeda is a terrorist army. At the local level
> it is a couple of guys in a Mosque. In that part of the world every man
> has a gun.
>
> At a personnel level you can refuse to go to that Mosque and prevent you
> family going.
>
> At the village and/or extended family level you can out number the
> Mullah and drive him out the village.
>
> The school teaching terrorism are harder for an individual to close
> down. A phone call or letter to the nearest US military base can have
> some interesting effects. Particularly if you tell them where to find
> weapons or other proof of crimes.

you picture an environment I known too well: the Lead Yars in Italy; the
Red Brigades issue wasn't (provisionally, trust me...) wasn't defeated
until the means of removing the large popular support was found and duly
supported.

The core means was the strong motivation & determination of the PCI and
CGIL in stopping the terrorists... you get that I speak from direct
experience & knowledge, the key in solving the issue lies in moderate Islam.

Jim Wilkins

Apr 20, 2012, 12:10:54 PM4/20/12

> you picture an environment I known too well: the Lead Yars in Italy;
> the Red Brigades issue wasn't (provisionally, trust me...) wasn't
> defeated until the means of removing the large popular support was
> found and duly supported.
>
> The core means was the strong motivation & determination of the PCI
> and CGIL in stopping the terrorists... you get that I speak from
> direct experience & knowledge, the key in solving the issue lies in
> moderate Islam.
>
> Best regards from Italy,
> dott. Piergiorgio.

Your direct experience in the Red Brigade?

dott.Piergiorgio

Apr 21, 2012, 4:29:43 PM4/21/12
Il 20/04/2012 18:10, Jim Wilkins ha scritto:

>> you picture an environment I known too well: the Lead Yars in Italy;
>> the Red Brigades issue wasn't (provisionally, trust me...) wasn't
>> defeated until the means of removing the large popular support was
>> found and duly supported.
>>
>> The core means was the strong motivation& determination of the PCI
>> and CGIL in stopping the terrorists... you get that I speak from
>> direct experience& knowledge, the key in solving the issue lies in
>> moderate Islam.

> Your direct experience in the Red Brigade?

Thanks to the Divine, not; (aside a certain major chewing in the
immediate aftermath of a failure of major riot more than a decade ago
from a guy whose was rather infamous during 1970s....) but one can't a
leader and staff chief of the leftist "centri sociali" without
understanding of the milieu and mechanisms and mindset of the very
peculiar underground at their left and that much more peculiar one at
the left of it...

Hope that you get what I mean... I have haved not few talks with former
member of said organization and similiar ones, and having an
above-average understanding on how to detect the tiny signals and
symptoms of bad thing to come.

Returning to the thread, Italian communism is more akin to a religion
than an Ideology, and knowing well the past and present "churches" of
Italian communism, included the most radical of these, I can be
confident in my assertion that the best means to check radical islam is
the moderate and less radical Islam.

of course, I'm not at liberty in describing the handling of really hot
heads in the Italian left environment; suffice to say that here we done
the utmost to disallow & obstruct the joining the ranks & files of "iron
violence", as I call this personal choice, and the recruitment from
these environment...

for the record, the footage of the riots of the Arab Spring show some
good sign of checking and confining very questionable inclinations.

Jim Wilkins

Apr 21, 2012, 8:49:52 PM4/21/12

> Il 20/04/2012 18:10, Jim Wilkins ha scritto:
> > Your direct experience in the Red Brigade?
>
> Thanks to the Divine, not; (aside a certain major chewing in the
> immediate aftermath of a failure of major riot more than a decade
> ago from a guy whose was rather infamous during 1970s....) but one
> can't a leader and staff chief of the leftist "centri sociali"
> without understanding of the milieu and mechanisms and mindset of
> the very peculiar underground at their left and that much more
> peculiar one at the left of it...
>
> Hope that you get what I mean... I have haved not few talks with
> former member of said organization and similiar ones, and having an
> above-average understanding on how to detect the tiny signals and
> symptoms of bad thing to come.

In the 1960's the far-left Students for a Democratic Society mistook
me for a potential fellow traveller, possibly because I was active in
the campus arts community, and tried to enlist my help, along with my
AF ROTC roommate. We both listened patiently and took careful mental
notes of their schemes, none of which those inept dreamers could have
managed without our assistance. They quit after their leader idly
picked up and set off a harmless but spectacular pyrotechnic
theatrical prop.

We had both quickly thought of diving behind the bed to further alarm
him, and realized that he might have thrown it through the window,
which we really didn't want to have to explain and pay for.

So yes, I've been exposed to that mindset and managed to look
interested and not lose my lunch.

Ernest Hemingway's classic description of life in a Communist guerilla
band:
http://www.amazon.com/Whom-Bell-Tolls-Ernest-Hemingway/dp/0684803356

By the way, however articulate you may be in Italian your
comprehension of English past perfect verb conjugation and the subtle
connotational differences between apparent synonyms begs further
study, lest your meaning be misconstrued. Simplicate.

jsw