Af/Pak & Other News (11/5/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Nov 5, 2012, 12:22:06 PM11/5/12
Pakistan army chief issues warning in rare message:

http://www.wgme.com/template/inews_wire/wires.international/214c4f41-www.wgme.com.shtml

Prosecutors in Afghanistan massacre case face tough challenge:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-kandahar-massacre-20121105,0,4945123.story

Happy Trails:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htinf/articles/20121105.aspx

Report: Afghan Security Forces Face Infrastructure Challenges:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/139885/afghan-forces-face-infrastructure-challenges.html

Marines Look For New Ways to Spot Wood and Fertilizer Bombs:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/11/non-metallic-bomb-detector/

Senior Haqqani Network leader again calls on Turks, Kurds to wage
jihad in Afghanistan:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/11/senior_haqqani_netwo_2.php

Afghanistan: China Begins Pumping Lots Of Oil:

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/afghan/articles/20121105.aspx

Five bomb blasts hit Bahraini capital, two killed:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/11/05/bahrain-bombs-idINDEE8A40CZ20121105

'Qaeda' gunmen kill two Saudi soldiers: ministry:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5ilNveJb4FWBj1TSv81hmlFIvTL8Q?docId=CNG.e472e831153a393bff6d127c063f3120.2f1

Boeing To Modernize Saudi Fighter Jets In $4 Billion Deal:

http://www.defenseworld.net/go/defensenews.jsp?id=7824&h=Boeing%20To%20Modernize%20Saudi%20Fighter%20Jets%20In%20$4%20Billion%20Deal

Intense fighting erupts in Syrian capital:

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/world/article/Intense-fighting-erupts-in-Syrian-capital-4008431.php

Suicide bomb kills 50 Syrian security men:

http://t.news.msn.com/world/suicide-bomb-kills-50-soldiers-assad-gunmen

Russia says supplying Assad with 'defense' arms under Soviet-era
deals:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/russia-says-supplying-assad-with-defense-arms-under-soviet-era-deals-1.475293

Israel says halted African migration across Egypt border:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28386:israel-says-halted-african-migration-across-egypt-border&catid=87:border-security&Itemid=188

Clashes and Car Bombing Highlight Insecurity Across Libya:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/world/africa/clashes-car-bombing-highlight-insecurity-in-libya.html?ref=world&_r=0

Pentagon officials counter reports on Benghazi assaults:

http://www.concordmonitor.com/news/livebreakingnews/2646999-95/attack-cia-officials-intelligence

Get Ready for the Next War:

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog/michael-j-totten/get-ready-next-war

Russia Starts New Kalashnikov Trials:

http://www.defencetalk.com/russia-starts-new-kalashnikov-trials-45335/

Russian Weapons To Be Installed On Spanish Patrol Boats:

http://www.defenseworld.net/go/defensenews.jsp?id=7828&h=Russian
Weapons To Be Installed On Spanish Patrol Boats

Modernizing the Polish Navy:

http://cimsec.org/modernizing-the-polish-navy/

South Korea scrambled fighters after North Korean MiGs approached
border:

http://alert5.com/2012/11/05/south-korea-scrambled-fighters-after-north-korean-migs-approached-border/

China relentlessly harries Japan in island dispute:

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/international/asia_pacific/view/20121105china_relentlessly_harries_japan_in_island_dispute/srvc=home&position=recent

China fingered for Coca Cola hack - report:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/11/05/coca_cola_breach_china_hackers/

Korea's Standoff Missile Purchase Project Faces Hurdles:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/139892/jassm-does-not-fit-on-korean-f_15ks.html

DND deal for Italian warships nearing completion:

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=866838&publicationSubCategoryId=63

Taiwan to Buy 2 Frigates From U.S.:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20121105/DEFREG03/311050001/Taiwan-Buy-2-Frigates-From-U-S-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Z-10, Z-19 disappears from Airshow China display list:

http://alert5.com/2012/11/05/z-10-z-19-disappears-from-airshow-china-display-list/

Natick engineer looks at football technology to improve helmets:

http://www.defencetalk.com/natick-engineer-looks-at-football-technology-to-improve-helmets-45312/

US Air Force keeps fleet of aging warhorses flying:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57545003/us-air-force-keeps-fleet-of-aging-warhorses-flying/

Storied aircraft carrier returns home for last time:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/nation_world/20121105_Storied_aircraft_carrier_returns_home_for_last_time.html

Andrew Swallow

Nov 5, 2012, 3:22:51 PM11/5/12
On 05/11/2012 17:22, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Get Ready for the Next War:
>
> http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog/michael-j-totten/get-ready-next-war

Sounds like the evil men who corrupted Afghanistan last century fled to
Mali. They are recruiting and preparing more evil. Their motive the
*secular* desire for world domination.

They are still pretending to be Muslims. This lie allows them to
infiltrate the tribes, recruit 'martyrs' and to raise money from genuine
Muslims.

The imposition of strict Islamic law makes the Taliban and Al Qaeda look
like good guys. The "Lord's Resistance Army" used the same trick with
the 10 Commandments - basically just an excuse to bully and intimidate
people.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army>

The deliberate destruction of Muslim constructed "Ancient tombs and
shrines ..." proves that they are not Muslims. Real Muslims would
almost certainly consider that destruction sacrilege.

If they are not real Muslims what are they? Possibilities include devil
worshippers, spirit worshippers, practitioners of an ancient tribal
religion or something exotic like grandsons of Thuggee who hide from the
British Colonial Government by pretending to be Muslims. Investigators
would have to be sent to find out what they are and return with
evidence. The religious authorities in Saudi Arabia may be able to tell
the investigators what to look for.

What to do about the outsiders taking over Mali? Britain and the USA
are democracies that believe in the rule of law - a man is innocent
until proven guilty; by extension this applies to organisations and
countries. With the current war-weariness it may take 3 strikes before
we are willing to go to war. Supplying special forces to help the
Government of Mali and surrounding countries may be the current limit.

Internally we can instruct border security to double check people coming
from Mali. Raising the morale of the MI5 and FBI agents keeping an eye
on Muslim extremist will be appropriate, and can be performed by by the
leader without having to ask for a charge in the law.

Andrew Swallow

Keith W

Nov 5, 2012, 3:52:36 PM11/5/12
Andrew Swallow wrote:
> On 05/11/2012 17:22, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Get Ready for the Next War:
>>
>> http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog/michael-j-totten/get-ready-next-war
>
> Sounds like the evil men who corrupted Afghanistan last century fled
> to Mali. They are recruiting and preparing more evil. Their motive
> the *secular* desire for world domination.
>
> They are still pretending to be Muslims. This lie allows them to
> infiltrate the tribes, recruit 'martyrs' and to raise money from
> genuine Muslims.
>
> The imposition of strict Islamic law makes the Taliban and Al Qaeda
> look like good guys. The "Lord's Resistance Army" used the same
> trick with the 10 Commandments - basically just an excuse to bully
> and intimidate people.
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army>
>
> The deliberate destruction of Muslim constructed "Ancient tombs and
> shrines ..." proves that they are not Muslims. Real Muslims would
> almost certainly consider that destruction sacrilege.
>
> If they are not real Muslims what are they?

They are real Muslims in their own eyes and I am sure the Lords
Resistance Army regard themselves as true Christians.

Their is nothing historically new in any of this. If you want
an example of true fanatical genocide you need look no
further than the Albigensian crusade. It was a representative of the
Pope who ordered the entire population of a town, including
the women and children, to be killed using the famous phrase.

"Kill them all, the Lord will recognise His own."

As for destroying ancient tombs and shrines this was
widespread in protestant christianity in the 16th and
17th centuries.

There is a little more dangerous than a religious fanatic.
A criminal organization such as the mafia takes care
not to eliminate its market. Religious fanatics will
torture you death and justify it by telling themselves
thats its for the good of your immortal soul.

That famous saint Sir Thomas More personally supervised
the torture and burning of heretics. Their crime was
possessing an English copy of the bible.

Keith

dott.Piergiorgio

Nov 5, 2012, 4:45:35 PM11/5/12
Il 05/11/2012 21:52, Keith W ha scritto:

> They are real Muslims in their own eyes and I am sure the Lords
> Resistance Army regard themselves as true Christians.
>
> Their is nothing historically new in any of this. If you want
> an example of true fanatical genocide you need look no
> further than the Albigensian crusade. It was a representative of the
> Pope who ordered the entire population of a town, including
> the women and children, to be killed using the famous phrase.
>
> "Kill them all, the Lord will recognise His own."
>
> As for destroying ancient tombs and shrines this was
> widespread in protestant christianity in the 16th and
> 17th centuries.
>
> There is a little more dangerous than a religious fanatic.
> A criminal organization such as the mafia takes care
> not to eliminate its market. Religious fanatics will
> torture you death and justify it by telling themselves
> thats its for the good of your immortal soul.
>
> That famous saint Sir Thomas More personally supervised
> the torture and burning of heretics. Their crime was
> possessing an English copy of the bible.

what worries me seriously in East Africa is the Judah's Lion... sooner
or later they decide that the northern copts need serious help, and
trust me, Ethiopians and/or Eritreans on war footing against muslims
isn't a pleasant thing (for example, I'm not sure that they will honour
the geneva conventions re. islamic POW's male genitalia....)

Best regards from Italy,
dottt. Piergiorgio.

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Nov 5, 2012, 4:19:48 PM11/5/12
In article <9cydnW_uvfiKvQXN...@bt.com>,
Andrew Swallow <am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Sounds like the evil men who corrupted Afghanistan last century fled to
> Mali. They are recruiting and preparing more evil. Their motive the
> *secular* desire for world domination.

strange parallel with current American Politics...the fundamentalists infiltrate
the tea party that infiltrates the Republican Party all with their motive of
"religious" desire for world domination

Andrew Swallow

Nov 5, 2012, 5:24:01 PM11/5/12
No the Tea Party is about not wanting to pay taxes.

Andrew Swallow

Daryl

Nov 5, 2012, 6:25:51 PM11/5/12
But in practice, it's all about getting a Democrat out of Office.
Just say NO.

Daryl

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Nov 5, 2012, 6:23:03 PM11/5/12
In article <5P6dnY5oaZvhoQXN...@bt.com>,
Andrew Swallow <am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote:

> On 05/11/2012 21:19, Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:
> > In article <9cydnW_uvfiKvQXN...@bt.com>,
> > Andrew Swallow <am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Sounds like the evil men who corrupted Afghanistan last century fled to
> >> Mali. They are recruiting and preparing more evil. Their motive the
> >> *secular* desire for world domination.
> >
> > strange parallel with current American Politics...the fundamentalists
> > infiltrate
> > the tea party that infiltrates the Republican Party all with their motive
> > of
> > "religious" desire for world domination
> >
> No the Tea Party is about not wanting to pay taxes.
>
> Andrew Swallow

not so, it's about religious values. they are starting with abortion and will
soon start once again on prayer in school and then creationism. won't be too
long before those that say they are against feds regulating anything will
corrupt the FCC and start fining radio stations that play "unsatisfactory" music
and then ALL TV stopping us from seeing too much cleavage or booty (at least the
upside will be fewer Kardashians and Jersey Shore modelers of our norms)

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Nov 5, 2012, 11:06:10 PM11/5/12
dott.Piergiorgio wrote:

> what worries me

Dear Italian Old Fool (tm),

Ok...a quick English lesson...capitalize the start of a sentence.

Still, if you want to post in our newsgroup, you should take an English class.

no need to thank me
;-)

Dean Markley

Nov 6, 2012, 8:45:57 AM11/6/12