Af/Pak & Other News (5/20/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

May 20, 2012, 5:42:44 PM5/20/12
Obama, Karzai push for post-2014 vision of Afghanistan:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/20/11779258-obama-karzai-push-for-post-2014-vision-of-afghanistan?lite

Spain mulls keeping troops in Afghanistan after 2014:

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/383626

Pakistani UAV crashed:

http://alert5.com/2012/05/20/pakistani-uav-crashed/

U.S. Rejects High Pakistan Fees for Supply Routes: Official:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120520/DEFREG03/305200003/U-S-Rejects-High-Pakistan-Fees-Supply-Routes-Official?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Report: Taliban, Afghan troops forge agreements as NATO prepares draw-
down:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/20/11776735-report-taliban-afghan-troops-forge-agreements-as-nato-prepares-draw-down?lite

Yemen troops clash with al-Qaida in south; 17 dead:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jTS71JimJtxuMNj-egf47J9hA29A?docId=c0cd0ee16511415885d748b8af4e61d7

EU Air Strike On Pirate Port:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htseamo/articles/20120520.aspx

Lockerbie bomber dies in Libya hospital:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lockerbie-bomber-dies-libya-151647480.html

Egypt producing another 12 Chinese ASN-209 UAVs:

http://alert5.com/2012/05/20/egypt-producing-another-12-chinese-asn-209-uavs/

Big UAV Breeds Big Doubts:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20120520.aspx

NATO to activate missile shield despite Russian anger:

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/International/2012/May-20/174064-nato-to-activate-missile-shield-despite-russian-anger.ashx#axzz1vRdNaJIB

Philippines Looking to Buy Non-USA Combat Aircraft:

http://defense-update.com/20120520_philippines-looking-to-buy-non-usa-combat-aircraft.html

SolomonW

May 21, 2012, 6:35:34 AM5/21/12
On Sun, 20 May 2012 14:42:44 -0700 (PDT), dump...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Lockerbie bomber dies in Libya hospital:
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lockerbie-bomber-dies-libya-151647480.html

About time

Bill

May 21, 2012, 6:51:47 AM5/21/12
In article <1hv4srw4ob6l7$.92w4jjsn...@40tude.net>,
Solo...@citi.com says...
Expected at about this time.

Weren't you the one who thought he wasn't ill?

--
William Black

When you hear the words 'Our people are our greatest asset' then it's
time to leave.

SolomonW

May 21, 2012, 12:12:57 PM5/21/12
On Mon, 21 May 2012 11:51:47 +0100, Bill wrote:

> In article <1hv4srw4ob6l7$.92w4jjsn...@40tude.net>,
> Solo...@citi.com says...
>>
>> On Sun, 20 May 2012 14:42:44 -0700 (PDT), dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>
>>> Lockerbie bomber dies in Libya hospital:
>>>
>>> http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/lockerbie-bomber-dies-libya-151647480.html
>>
>> About time
>
> Expected at about this time.

The Scottish doctors stated on the 10 August 2009 that he had terminal
prostate cancer and was expected to have around three months to live.

> Weren't you the one who thought he wasn't ill?

I never thought he was not ill, but I did think that he should have not
been released. As he went past those three months, I became disgusted with
the Scots.

Bill

May 21, 2012, 6:38:49 PM5/21/12
In article <11k6mkpaksoui.d...@40tude.net>,
Solo...@citi.com says...
What the doctors actually said was that he'd survive three months within
the Scottish prison system.

With high levels of care provided for him by a loving family in a warm
dry climate as opposed to being in the Barlinnie Special Unit where it's
cold and damp, and with an atmosphere that no-one would consider
'loving', I think it is reasonable for him to survive ten times as long.