Af/Pak & Other News (7/13/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Jul 13, 2012, 9:08:02 PM7/13/12
Jordanian jihadist killed in fighting in eastern Afghanistan:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/07/jordanian_jihadist_k.php

Magnetic bomb kills Afghan women's official: police:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gwWfWEvWP6QozbRW3VCr2xW_AQ3A?docId=CNG.34f85b1596dca3646a4746d225938609.181

Najiba avenged: Gal’s Taliban love rivals slain, too:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/najiba_avenged_se1wM1getGiVPiZstFZlRL#ixzz20MneExu0

Tiny 2-Foot Missile Could Be ‘Months’ Away From Drone War:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/07/small-drone-missile-soon/

King Air 350 Grows Into ISR Mission:

http://defensetech.org/2012/07/13/king-air-350-grows-into-isr-mission/

Court tells general to recover 30 missing:

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topics/article.asp?cu_no=2&item_no=518707&version=1&template_id=41&parent_id=23

Agni-1 Tested With New Guidance Gear, Sources Say:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120713/DEFREG03/307130005/Agni-1-Tested-New-Guidance-Gear-Sources-Say?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Indictment: 2 tried to send US materials to Iran for nuclear program:

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/13/12727005-indictment-2-tried-to-send-us-materials-to-iran-for-nuclear-program?lite

FBI Investigating Major Chinese Firm for Selling Spy Gear to Iran:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/07/fbi-zte/

US targets 50-plus Iran entities with sanctions:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international-business/us-targets-50-plus-iran-entities-with-sanctions/articleshow/14856367.cms

Cyber war on Iran has only just begun:

http://news.yahoo.com/cyber-war-iran-only-just-begun-193632334.html?_esi=1

US sends sub drones over fears of Hormuz closure:

http://www.defencetalk.com/us-sends-sub-drones-over-fears-of-hormuz-closure-43718/

Never Mind: Military Doesn’t Think Iran’s Missiles Will Reach U.S.
After All:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/07/iran-missiles/

US source: Syria moving chemical weapons stockpile:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/13/12726777-us-source-syria-moving-chemical-weapons-stockpile?lite

Russia Again Trying to Deliver Attack Helos to Syria: Report:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120713/DEFREG01/307130004/Russia-Again-Trying-Deliver-Attack-Helos-Syria-Report?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Nawaf Fares: defected Syrian raises suspicion:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Nawaf_Fares_defected_Syrian_raises_suspicion_999.html

Sunni 'cannon fodder' abandon Syria's Alawite-led military:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48162664/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/#.UACu4PX7HIU

Top HASC Democrat Backs Military-Centric U.S. Foreign Policy in
Africa:

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=833

Colombia rebels show wreckage after alleged plane shootdown:

http://www.asianage.com/international/colombia-rebels-show-wreckage-after-alleged-plane-shootdown-593

4 sophisticated drug tunnels found on border:

http://news.yahoo.com/4-sophisticated-drug-tunnels-found-border-224659627.html?_esi=1

Chinese frigate runs aground in disputed part of South China Sea:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/13/chinese-frigate-runs-aground-sea

KAI confident T-50 family ready for Philippines, other international
markets:

http://www.janes.com/products/janes/defence-security-report.aspx?ID=1065969543&channel=defence

Taiwan ex-colonel nabbed for spying for China:

http://www.sinodaily.com/reports/Taiwan_ex-colonel_nabbed_for_spying_for_China_999.html

Navy Names New Nuke, NAVAIR Chiefs:

http://defense.aol.com/2012/07/13/navy-names-new-nuke-navair-chiefs/

Video: Darpa’s ‘Wall-of-Sound’ Fire Extinguisher:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/07/wall-of-sound-fire/

No longer just a U.S. toy, drones go global:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26761:no-longer-just-a-us-toy-drones-go-global-&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107

PICTURE: Pilot injured as OV-10 Bronco crashes in Cotswolds:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/picture-pilot-injured-as-ov-10-bronco-crashes-in-cotswolds-374331/

Par:AnoIA: Anonymous Launches WikiLeaks-esque Site for Data Dumps:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/07/paranoia-anonymous/

Navy May Buy More F-35s, Not Fewer, Under F/A-XX Initiative:

http://defense.aol.com/2012/07/13/navy-may-buy-more-f-35s-not-fewer-under-f-a-xx-initiative/

David E. Powell

Jul 13, 2012, 10:11:39 PM7/13/12
On Jul 13, 9:08 pm, dumpst...@hotmail.com wrote:
> Jordanian jihadist killed in fighting in eastern Afghanistan:
>
> http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/07/jordanian_jihadist_k.php
>
> Magnetic bomb kills Afghan women's official: police:
>
> http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gwWfWEvWP6QozbRW3V...
>
> Najiba avenged: Gal’s Taliban love rivals slain, too:
>
> http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/najiba_avenged_se1wM1getGi...

I sometimes wonder if the people with "Make Art not War" bumper
stickers, and the "Coexist" ones, have any idea what the ideas of
western civilization are up against with this stuff.

I mean, those Buddha statures in Afghanistan were Art.

David

dott.Piergiorgio

Jul 14, 2012, 6:17:57 AM7/14/12
Il 14/07/2012 03:08, dump...@hotmail.com ha scritto:
> Najiba avenged: Gal’s Taliban love rivals slain, too:
>
> http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/najiba_avenged_se1wM1getGiVPiZstFZlRL#ixzz20MneExu0

world wonders on the rationale and whys of this 3rd Talibani commander
whose killed/executed the two culprits behind the "execution".

the most probable case is that this 3rd commander is a relative of late
Najiba whose has understandable reasons to disagree on the alleged
shameful accusations and kangaroo execution, and started honour killings.

In this case, I must point that here in Italy, when intestine feuds
starts, is also the best moment to strike hard against mafia.

The other, much more improbable, case is that the 3rd commander act by
superior order or *is* a superior of the other two, and is also a big
step ahead, because imply that Talibans start to understand concepts as
"war crimes" (an *huge* step ahead, if one thinks on....)

Either case, is a favourable moment whose needs to be exploited
intelligently....

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.