Af/Pak & Libya News (10/26/2011)

dump...@hotmail.com

Oct 26, 2011, 1:11:40 PM10/26/11
Afghan security forces to take lead in more areas:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2016606802_apasafghanistan.html

Taliban commanders say Pakistan intelligence helps them:

http://news.yahoo.com/taliban-commanders-pakistan-intelligence-helps-them-150009310.html;_ylt=AlcYzC1cC9mr8z.yYQVUZM9vaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNyYWRjcnZkBG1pdANUb3BTdG9yeSBXb3JsZFNGBHBrZwMyZTRiOTM2Ni04ODljLTNiYjUtYTlhNS00MGI5YTQ2ZmNlYmEEcG9zAzEyBHNlYwN0b3Bfc3RvcnkEdmVyAzdjMzNlNjMwLWZmZTMtMTFlMC1iN2U5LWRlYjc0YjljN2QwNg--;_ylg=X3oDMTFqOTI2ZDZmBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAN3b3JsZARwdANzZWN0aW9ucw--;_ylv=3

Afghanistan, The Eternal Pain In The Ass:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htterr/articles/20111026.aspx

Afghan fuel truck blast kills 10, injures 25:

http://news.ph.msn.com/regional/article.aspx?cp-documentid=5450172

NATO choppers violated air space: Pakistan officials:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/26/nato-choppers-violated-air-space-pakistan-officials/

Marines use Excalibur to limit collateral damage in Afghanistan:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Marines_use_Excalibur_to_limit_collateral_damage_in_Afghanistan_999.html

Libya news:

Libyans seek further NATO help:

http://news.yahoo.com/nato-likely-end-libya-mission-now-gaddafi-dead-104031337.html;_ylt=AkhwRiqI0smFoukA4.dWhYhvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTRiMGdzMXN2BGNjb2RlA3ZzaGFyZWFnMgRtaXQDSnVtYm90cm9uIFdvcmxkU0YEcGtnA2Q1MTJmZmI2LTlmMWEtMzYxZC1iZGQ1LTk0ODk1NDU1OWRmNgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDanVtYm90cm9uBHZlcgM5ZmVjMDU3MC1mZmRmLTExZTAtOWVkMy0zMDMxY2I4OTM2YzQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTFqOTI2ZDZmBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAN3b3JsZARwdANzZWN0aW9ucw--;_ylv=3

French fighter jets return from Libya:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20469:french-fighter-jets-return-from-libya&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107

UK eyes Apache modifications after Libyan experience:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/uk-eyes-apache-modifications-after-libyan-experience-363865/

Chemical weapons in Libya under guard: NTC:

http://news.yahoo.com/chemical-weapons-libya-under-guard-ntc-104031398.html;_ylt=Aor68kI1ZKgXzkyG770RAcBvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNyNjhwbHI5BG1pdANKdW1ib3Ryb24gV29ybGRTRgRwa2cDZTc3Y2E1NjMtNzdmMC0zYjIyLTgwMjQtZWNkZTcxYTE2ZWFmBHBvcwMxBHNlYwNqdW1ib3Ryb24EdmVyA2E0Mjk0NzgwLWZmYmYtMTFlMC1iNTVlLWVkOGYwOGU1ZWExOQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTFqOTI2ZDZmBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAN3b3JsZARwdANzZWN0aW9ucw--;_ylv=3

Gaddafi begged Italy's help in letter: Paris Match:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20439:gaddafi-begged-italys-help-in-letter-paris-match&catid=3:Civil%20Security&Itemid=113

Video: The Remains of Gadhafi’s Last Convoy:

http://defensetech.org/2011/10/26/video-the-remains-of-gadhafis-last-convoy/

Qatar Admits It Had Boots on Ground in Libya:

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=8062466&c=MID&s=TOP

Ninety British soldiers involved in Libya operations on the ground:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20470:ninety-british-soldiers-involved-in-libya-operations-on-the-ground&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105

Gaddafi loyalists fight on as Libya tries to unite:

http://news.yahoo.com/insider-describes-gaddafi-sons-escape-town-071846944.html

Spain Readies to Pull Troops From Libya:

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=8053837&c=EUR&s=TOP

And, in other news:

New Somalia Attack Could Jeopardize U.S. Shadow War:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/10/new-somalia-attack/

Philippine Air Force steps up air strikes:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/83023/philippine-air-force-steps-up-air-strikes

Five Individuals Indicted in a Fraud Conspiracy Involving Exports to
Iran of U.S. Components Later Found in Bombs in Iraq:

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2011/October/11-nsd-1402.html

US down to 15 bases in Iraq: US general:

http://news.yahoo.com/us-down-15-bases-iraq-us-general-143417650.html;_ylt=Av63fvds94oBf_ax78h4EjJvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNyaW9vOGM4BG1pdANUb3BTdG9yeSBXb3JsZFNGBHBrZwM1OWY5ZmVhMi1iNTMwLTNhZDgtYmMyYy01ZGE1YzRjNzQ2NzAEcG9zAzEwBHNlYwN0b3Bfc3RvcnkEdmVyAzJiNGJkMDEwLWZmZTQtMTFlMC1iZmNmLTc4NzhmNzZlMjBhMg--;_ylg=X3oDMTFqOTI2ZDZmBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAN3b3JsZARwdANzZWN0aW9ucw--;_ylv=3

Russia Delivers Radar Jammers to Iran:

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=8053836&c=ASI&s=TOP

China: Deny Everything And Hope For The Best:

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/china/articles/20111026.aspx

Ukraine says will let Russia modernize Black Sea Fleet:

http://www.defencetalk.com/ukraine-says-will-let-russia-modernize-black-sea-fleet-37921/

ATK’s AC-208 Combat Caravan Gunship:

http://defensetech.org/2011/10/26/atks-ac-208-combat-caravan-gunship/

First Egyptian Navy fast missile craft launched:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=20467:first-egyptian-navy-fast-missile-craft-launched&catid=51:Sea&Itemid=106

Emirates seek French military satellite:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Emirates_seek_French_military_satellite_999.html

What’s The Point of Darpa’s ‘Flying Humvee,’ Exactly?:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/10/darpa-flying-humvee-designs/

U.K. Approves $1.6B Upgrade for Warrior Vehicle:

http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=8054418&c=EUR&s=LAN

Report: Iraq War could end up costing more than WWII:

http://www.dodbuzz.com/2011/10/25/report-iraq-war-could-end-up-costing-more-than-wwii/

Mi-28N lost out to Apache in India:

http://alert5.com/2011/10/26/mi-28n-lost-out-to-apache-in-india/

Mexican army raids bulletproofing auto shop:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45035124/ns/world_news-americas/

A PSA for F-22 pilots:

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2011/10/a-psa-for-f-22-pilots.html

Andrew Swallow

Oct 26, 2011, 1:46:40 PM10/26/11
On 26/10/2011 18:11, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> China: Deny Everything And Hope For The Best:
>
> http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/china/articles/20111026.aspx

A secondary story
[quote]
October 21, 2011: The first Chinese Navy ship to ever visit Cuba docked
there today. It was a Hospital Ship, making a world tour of places that
need some modern medicine. Cuba has plenty of doctors, but much less
medicine and medical technology. So the Chinese ship's visit is
appreciated. With the disappearance of Russia as an ally two decades,
Cuban communists are also happy to see another communist superpower
coming to their aid, and sticking it to the United States.

[/quote]

This is going to make life more interesting.

Andrew Swallow

Dennis

Oct 26, 2011, 4:19:55 PM10/26/11
Andrew Swallow wrote:
Hmmmmm... I wonder if this has anything to do with Hugo Chavez' getting
cancer treatment there? If Cuba is so backward medically, what does that
tell you about Venezuela?

I've read that Venezolanas often have a certain surgical procedure done in
lieu of a quinceanera. Hint: Venezolanas win a lot of beauty contests!

Dennis

dott.Piergiorgio

Oct 26, 2011, 7:02:01 PM10/26/11
Il 26/10/2011 22:19, Dennis ha scritto:

> I've read that Venezolanas often have a certain surgical procedure done in
> lieu of a quinceanera. Hint: Venezolanas win a lot of beauty contests!

well, having to do (and being also annoyed...) with an Italo-Venezuelan
mestizo whose is beautiful below the neck, I can fully agree....

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Dennis

Oct 26, 2011, 8:12:43 PM10/26/11
dott.Piergiorgio wrote:

> Il 26/10/2011 22:19, Dennis ha scritto:
>
>> I've read that Venezolanas often have a certain surgical procedure
>> done in lieu of a quinceanera. Hint: Venezolanas win a lot of beauty
>> contests!
>
> well, having to do (and being also annoyed...) with an
> Italo-Venezuelan mestizo whose is beautiful below the neck, I can
> fully agree....

Hmmm... will you name names? :-)

Dennis

Grantland

Oct 26, 2011, 8:11:22 PM10/26/11
'Shame about the moustache though. :(

dott.Piergiorgio

Oct 27, 2011, 12:00:37 AM10/27/11
Il 27/10/2011 02:12, Dennis ha scritto:

>>> I've read that Venezolanas often have a certain surgical procedure
>>> done in lieu of a quinceanera. Hint: Venezolanas win a lot of beauty
>>> contests!
>>
>> well, having to do (and being also annoyed...) with an
>> Italo-Venezuelan mestizo whose is beautiful below the neck, I can
>> fully agree....
>
> Hmmm... will you name names? :-)

you forget that I'm a gentleman ? ;)

Dennis

Oct 27, 2011, 1:52:49 AM10/27/11
In private, then. I've found a couple of videos I'd like to ask you about.
Yes, I know about the deplorable effect that the Dwarf has had on Italian
television. But beautiful women are always interesting, if one doesn't
degrade them.

Dennis

SolomonW

Oct 27, 2011, 7:50:45 AM10/27/11
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:11:40 -0700 (PDT), dump...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Report: Iraq War could end up costing more than WWII:
>
> http://www.dodbuzz.com/2011/10/25/report-iraq-war-could-end-up-costing-more-than-wwii/

A rather different view is found here.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/30/cbo-years-iraq-war-cost-stimulus-act/#ixzz1bfAVKprw