Af/Pak & Other News (6/7/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Jun 7, 2012, 12:17:05 PM6/7/12
US thought Taliban had nuclear bomb in 2009: new book:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/US_thought_Taliban_had_nuclear_bomb_in_2009_new_book_999.html

Panetta says US losing patience with Pakistan over terrorists:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0607/Panetta-says-US-losing-patience-with-Pakistan-over-terrorists

U.S. troops do the "vampire" shift to avoid Afghan sniper:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns-rt-us-afghanistan-sniperbre8560lt-20120607,0,2807729.story

Bombing kills 14 in Pakistan's Quetta: police:

http://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCABRE8560S220120607

Qaeda advertises for suicide bombers on web:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Qaeda_advertises_for_suicide_bombers_on_web_999.html

OH-58 likely shot down in Afghanistan:

http://alert5.com/2012/06/07/oh-58-likely-shot-down-in-afghanistan/

Pentagon Chief Admits U.S. Is at War in Pakistan:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/06/drone-war-admission/

"Pakistan is a Powderkeg and Karachi is the Detonator":

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog/michael-j-totten/pakistan-powderkeg-and-karachi-detonator

NATO: Central Asian Nations Approve Afghanistan Exit Routes:

http://www.defencetalk.com/nato-central-asian-nations-approve-afghanistan-exit-routes-43024/

India's 1000+ Military Helicopter Shopping List:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/article-view/release/135801/india-shopping-for-over-1%2C000-military-helos.html

Iraq executes Saddam's chief guard and top aide:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iNToEqtb2LfADrCVmw3lJr0trZcg?docId=CNG.820731f7e8380482109b48415cf15a9a.01

Syrian Activists Report Wave Of Violence In Hama:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=154448093

Ban: UN monitors shot at trying to reach massacre:

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/ban-un-monitors-shot-1453779.html

Lebanon Fights Itself (Again):

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog/michael-j-totten/lebanon-fights-itself-again

IAF strikes 2 weapons facilities in Gaza Strip:

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=272858

Unit 8200 and Israel's high-tech whiz kids:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Unit_8200_and_Israels_high-tech_whiz_kids_999.html

New Cameras to Collect 'Invisible' Data:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/135792/israel-testing-hyperspectral-camera-for-uavs.html

Russian PAK-DA bomber in doubt, says minister:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/russian-pak-da-bomber-in-doubt-says-minister-372687/

Malware hunter Kaspersky warns of cyber war dangers:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Malware_hunter_Kaspersky_warns_of_cyber_war_dangers_999.html

Grrreat Grizzlies!:

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2012/06/grrreat-grizzlies.html

Australian defence minister off-line in China to avoid cyber spying-
media:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26069:australian-defence-minister-off-line-in-china-to-avoid-cyber-spying-media&catid=90:science-a-technology&Itemid=204

Korea: Northern Zombies Move South:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htiw/articles/20120607.aspx

US Navy Littoral Combat Ship Delivered Two Months Early:

http://www.defencetalk.com/us-navy-littoral-combat-ship-delivered-two-months-early-43046/

How to Prevent Drone Pilot PTSD: Blame the ‘Bot:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/06/drone-pilot-ptsd/

Despite outrage, security leaks may go unplugged:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26059:despite-outrage-security-leaks-may-go-unplugged&catid=90:science-a-technology&Itemid=204

First SBIRS Satellite Exceeding Performance Expectations After One
Year on Orbit:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/First_SBIRS_Satellite_Exceeding_Performance_Expectations_After_One_Year_on_Orbit_999.html

US warns debris genuine threat to orbital space:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/us-warns-debris-genuine-threat-to-orbital-space-372669/

Panetta Green Lights First Cyber Operations Plan:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120606/DEFREG02/306060010/Panetta-Green-Lights-First-Cyber-Operations-Plan?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Army Guard Unit Among First Army-Wide to Receive Updated Battle Tanks:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/135785/us-army-begins-receiving-updated-armored-vehicles.html

Spy-Satellite Merger Fizzles, Preventing Space Monopoly:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/06/spysat-smackdown/

U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee questions F-35′s electronic
warfare:

http://alert5.com/2012/06/07/u-s-senate-armed-services-committee-questions-f-35s-electronic-warfare-capability/

Supersonic mini-drone aims for jet speed record:

http://www.reuters.com/video/2012/06/05/reuters-tv-supersonic-mini-drone-aims-for-jet-speed?videoId=235831381&videoChannel=118065

Pentagon Push Gives Face Transplants a Major Lift:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/06/ucla-face-transplant/

H5N1 Novel Virus Created in Kobe, Someone Tried to Smuggle it:

http://pennypincherpersonalfinance.blogspot.com/2012/06/h5n1-novel-virus-created-in-kobe.html

Bill

Jun 7, 2012, 5:59:05 PM6/7/12
In article <0c67fae9-aa8c-43f0-a3e1-2f51bec65174
@qs4g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, dump...@hotmail.com says...
> Pentagon Chief Admits U.S. Is at War in Pakistan:
>
> http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/06/drone-war-admission/

Goodness this is taking some time to sink in.

I seem to remember saying 'Pakistan IS the problem' several years ago.

--
William Black

When you hear the words 'Our people are our greatest asset' then it's
time to leave.

Andrew Swallow

Jun 7, 2012, 9:06:36 PM6/7/12
On 07/06/2012 22:59, Bill wrote:
> In article<0c67fae9-aa8c-43f0-a3e1-2f51bec65174
> @qs4g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, dump...@hotmail.com says...
>
>> Panetta says US losing patience with Pakistan over terrorists:
>>
>> http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0607/Panetta-says-US-losing-patience-with-Pakistan-over-terrorists
>
>> Pentagon Chief Admits U.S. Is at War in Pakistan:
>>
>> http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/06/drone-war-admission/
>
> Goodness this is taking some time to sink in.
>
> I seem to remember saying 'Pakistan IS the problem' several years ago.

Yes but we did not have sufficient troops to fight Iraq, Afghanistan and
Pakistan simultaneously. Now we are bring troops home from 2 of the 3
Pakistan needed to behave.

Andrew Swallow

Jeffrey Hamilton

Jun 7, 2012, 10:19:48 PM6/7/12
I simply have to top post on this one, @dumpster4, your links are absolutely
great . Not only do I really do enjoy reading what is happening in the
various regions our warriors are in, but I really enjoy knowing what the
politics and how they apply to pur boys are, in those regions too !

cheers....Jeff

Jeffrey Hamilton

Jun 7, 2012, 10:56:57 PM6/7/12
Bill wrote:
> In article <0c67fae9-aa8c-43f0-a3e1-2f51bec65174
> @qs4g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, dump...@hotmail.com says...
>
>> Panetta says US losing patience with Pakistan over terrorists:
>>
>> http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0607/Panetta-says-US-losing-patience-with-Pakistan-over-terrorists
>
>> Pentagon Chief Admits U.S. Is at War in Pakistan:
>>
>> http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/06/drone-war-admission/
>
> Goodness this is taking some time to sink in.
>
> I seem to remember saying 'Pakistan IS the problem' several years ago.

The good news is Jack L. enjoyed this subject, big time and he also paid
attention to the big picture in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Damn, the dude was smart and damn, I really do miss his posts...

cheers....Jeff

Dean

Jun 8, 2012, 7:37:15 AM6/8/12
On Jun 7, 9:06 pm, Andrew Swallow <am.swal...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 07/06/2012 22:59, Bill wrote:
>
> > In article<0c67fae9-aa8c-43f0-a3e1-2f51bec65174
> > @qs4g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>, dumpst...@hotmail.com says...
>
> >> Panetta says US losing patience with Pakistan over terrorists:
>
> >>http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0607/Panetta-says...
>
> >> Pentagon Chief Admits U.S. Is at War in Pakistan:
>
> >>http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/06/drone-war-admission/
>
> > Goodness this is taking some time to sink in.
>
> > I seem to remember saying 'Pakistan IS the problem' several years ago.
>
> Yes but we did not have sufficient troops to fight Iraq, Afghanistan and
> Pakistan simultaneously.  Now we are bring troops home from 2 of the 3
> Pakistan needed to behave.
>
> Andrew Swallow

Well yes, Pakistan IS a problem. But they are a nuclear-armed problem.

Mr.Smartypants

Jun 9, 2012, 5:12:58 PM6/9/12
They're only a "problem" because Amerikkka refuses to stay home and
mind it's own fuckin' bidnez.

Bill

Jun 9, 2012, 5:28:55 PM6/9/12
In article <fd49212e-def7-4898-9cd8-5a95470e4693
@m2g2000pbv.googlegroups.com>, bunghol...@lycos.com says...
What do you suggest should be done about countries training, equipping
and arming terrorists?

Andrew Swallow

Jun 9, 2012, 7:30:20 PM6/9/12
Before 9/11 the USA was going home.

Andrew Swallow

Mr.Smartypants

Jun 9, 2012, 9:32:23 PM6/9/12
On Jun 9, 3:28 pm, Bill <blackuse...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <fd49212e-def7-4898-9cd8-5a95470e4693
> @m2g2000pbv.googlegroups.com>, bunghole-jon...@lycos.com says...

> > > Well yes, Pakistan IS a problem.  But they are a nuclear-armed problem.
>
> > They're only a "problem" because Amerikkka refuses to stay home and
> > mind it's own fuckin' bidnez.
>
> What do you suggest should be done about countries training,  equipping
> and arming terrorists?

Like Amerikkka and Israel have been doing?

Bill

Jun 10, 2012, 8:02:21 AM6/10/12
In article <5118e365-d825-4f2e-87cd-e77c58b188e2
@m2g2000pbv.googlegroups.com>, bunghol...@lycos.com says...
Neither country trains terrorists and slips them into foreign lands in a
covert manner in order to slaughter civilians.

Dean

Jun 10, 2012, 12:04:19 PM6/10/12
Another freaking troll.

Andrew Swallow

Jun 10, 2012, 6:04:03 PM6/10/12
On 10/06/2012 02:32, Mr.Smartypants wrote:
{snip}

>> What do you suggest should be done about countries training, equipping
>> and arming terrorists?
>

> Like Amerikkka and Israel have been doing?

Plonk

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jun 11, 2012, 9:29:45 AM6/11/12
Nonsense.

The U.S. *regularly* slaughters civilians, in THEIR country HALFWAY around
the world and has been doing so for many *decades*.

Terror...SOP for U.S. and Jewish Israel
Torture...SOP for U.S. and Jewish Israel
Assassination of civilians in countries we are not at war with...SOP for U.S. and Jewish Israel

War for 1) Oil and 2) Jewish Israel
;-)

--
Each person has an individual responsibility to
determine if his actions are moral, and no government

definition:
murder - the unjustifiable (immoral) killing of people, NO EXCEPTIONS.

Bill

Jun 11, 2012, 2:23:52 PM6/11/12
In article <Q9adnfOYBq4Eb0jS...@supernews.com>,
dr...@jameford.edu says...
Oh dear.

I realise that English obviously your subject, but which part of :

"Neither country trains terrorists and slips them into foreign lands in
a covert manner in order to slaughter civilians."

Didn't you understand?

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jun 11, 2012, 10:03:27 PM6/11/12
oh sure, son.

First, you tried to divert from the previous poster who said the U.S.
"refuses to stay home and mind it's own fuckin' bidnez".

Second, you tried to redefine the word "terrorist" so that your beloved
U.S. and Jewish Israel are pure and always the good guys, the White
Knights to the rescue...a dishonest (lying) Fairy Tale depiction.

but we've seen repeatedly that you are a liar
;-)

Bill

Jun 12, 2012, 4:17:58 AM6/12/12
In article <yqWdna060q7dPkvS...@supernews.com>,
Now, while I appreciate your rabid desire to trash the USA and all its
works, why on earth are you defending Pakistan?

Read the header and address the issue you smug bastard.

"Neither country trains terrorists and slips them into foreign lands in
a covert manner in order to slaughter civilians."

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jun 12, 2012, 9:24:46 AM6/12/12
Son, that's a big fat Fairy Tale lie...both U.S. and Jewish Israel have
*always* done *exactly* that as Standard Operating Procedure.
;-)

Bill

Jun 12, 2012, 9:56:58 AM6/12/12
In article <O4adnenOVYhy30rS...@supernews.com>,
Cite please.

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jun 12, 2012, 10:42:56 AM6/12/12
Bill wrote:

> In article <O4adnenOVYhy30rS...@supernews.com>,
> dr...@jameford.edu says...
>
>>Bill wrote:
>

>>>"Neither country trains terrorists and slips them into foreign lands in
>>>a covert manner in order to slaughter civilians."
>>
>>Son, that's a big fat Fairy Tale lie...both U.S. and Jewish Israel have
>>*always* done *exactly* that as Standard Operating Procedure.
>>;-)
>

> Cite please.

oh sure

1. The U.S. and Jewish Israel train terrorists...see dictionary for "terrorist".
;-)

Bill

Jun 12, 2012, 1:00:29 PM6/12/12
In article <TcOdnaZyDIPdyErS...@supernews.com>,
You exclude most of the statement.

The usual and expected dishonesty.

Why did I expect no better?

Your refusal to accept that Pakistan and, for another example, Iran act
in a fundamentally dishonest and corrupt way and conspire to murder
innocents when Israel and the USA pointedly do not do so is what makes
you so repellent.

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jun 12, 2012, 7:13:54 PM6/12/12
Bill wrote:
> In article <TcOdnaZyDIPdyErS...@supernews.com>,
> dr...@jameford.edu says...
>
>>Bill wrote:
>>

>>>In article <O4adnenOVYhy30rS...@supernews.com>,
>>>dr...@jameford.edu says...

>>>Cite please.
>>
>>oh sure
>>
>>1. The U.S. and Jewish Israel train terrorists...see dictionary for "terrorist".
>>;-)
>

> You exclude most of the statement.

Yes, because you first must learn the definition of terrorist, son.

> in a fundamentally dishonest and corrupt way and conspire to murder
> innocents

The U.S./Jewish Israel do all of that too...it is the way of the world, son.

You want to redefine the words to exclude the U.S. and Jewish Israel.
terrorist
dishonest
corrupt
conspire
innocents

Who decides if a civilian HALFWAY around the world is innocent or dishonest?
If they dare to disagree with and defy U.S./Jewish Israel and *defend*
themselves when those countries butt in to their affairs then they are
declared non-civilian, terrorist, and not innocent.

Again son, the *root* cause:
The U.S. "refuses to stay home and mind it's own fuckin' bidnez"

Now go look up "terrorist", son...then get back to us.

Bill

Jun 12, 2012, 7:36:05 PM6/12/12
In article <BKSdnfOSnMmfUErS...@supernews.com>,
dr...@jameford.edu says...

> Bill wrote:
> > In article <TcOdnaZyDIPdyErS...@supernews.com>,
> > dr...@jameford.edu says...

> >>oh sure
> >>
> >>1. The U.S. and Jewish Israel train terrorists...see dictionary for "terrorist".
> >>;-)
> >

> > You exclude most of the statement.
>
> Yes, because you first must learn the definition of terrorist, son.

I know exactly what a terrorist is.

Unlike you I have lived in countries being blown up and shot up by them
for most of my adult life.

> > in a fundamentally dishonest and corrupt way and conspire to murder
> > innocents
>
> The U.S./Jewish Israel do all of that too...it is the way of the world, son.

Well no, they don't.

You're just lying.

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jun 12, 2012, 7:58:25 PM6/12/12
Bill wrote:

> In article <BKSdnfOSnMmfUErS...@supernews.com>,
> dr...@jameford.edu says...
>
>>Bill wrote:
>>
>>>In article <TcOdnaZyDIPdyErS...@supernews.com>,
>>>dr...@jameford.edu says...

>>>You exclude most of the statement.
>>
>>Yes, because you first must learn the definition of terrorist, son.
>

> I know exactly what a terrorist is.

Quite apparently not, son, so post your definition.