Af/Pak & Other News (6/10/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Jun 10, 2012, 11:34:55 PM6/10/12
Al Qaeda media chief laments deaths of 2 Pakistani clerics:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/06/al_qaeda_media_chief.php

Afghan arsonists seek to enforce truancy from school:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/10/us-afghanistan-schools-idUSBRE8590FE20120610

As army grows, a unit highlights the challenges:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/10/as-army-grows-unit-highlights-challenges/

New details emerge about complex attack on FOB Salerno:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/06/new_details_emerge_a.php

Anger Management Issues:

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/afghan/articles/20120610.aspx

Mossad Agents Claim Obama Lying About Stuxnet:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/06/10/Oh-No-You-Didnt-Mossad-Agents-Claim-Obama-Lying-About-Stuxnet

Turkey To Buy $5.5B in Weapons:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120610/DEFREG04/306100001/Turkey-Buy-5-5B-Weapons?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Six killed, 38 wounded in Iraq mortar attack:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-rt-iraq-violence-update-1l5e8ha2ro-20120610,0,6168377.story

Assad forces renew Homs assault:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/10/us-syria-crisis-idUSBRE84S0P020120610

Reporter: Syrian rebels set us up to be shot at by Assad's army:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/09/12138230-reporter-syrian-rebels-set-us-up-to-be-shot-at-by-assads-army?lite

Israel, Palestinians hold quiet meetings:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Israel_Palestinians_hold_quiet_meetings_999.html

Al-Qaida incites Tunisians against ruling party:

http://www.boston.com/news/world/middleeast/articles/2012/06/10/al_zawahri_incites_tunisians_against_ruling_party/

Nigerian churches attacked; at least one dead, dozens wounded:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47755595/ns/world_news-africa/#.T9VRNcX7HIU

A-10s have landed in Estonia:

http://alert5.com/2012/06/11/a-10s-have-landed-in-estonia/

Russia’s Eastern Military District Gets S-400 Missiles:

http://en.ria.ru/mlitary_news/20120609/173939294.html

France, Russia Warming Defense Relations:

http://defense-update.com/20120610_france-russia-relations.html

Royal Navy warships may not get Cooperative Engagement Capability:

http://alert5.com/2012/06/10/royal-navy-warships-may-not-get-cooperative-engagement-capability/

Myanmar beefs up security amid sectarian clashes:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Myanmar_beefs_up_security_amid_sectarian_clashes_999.html

Guantánamo Bay: Inside the empty, rotting 'torture’ blocks of Camp X-
Ray:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9321836/Guantanamo-Bay-Inside-the-empty-rotting-torture-blocks-of-Camp-X-Ray.html

Ordnance Technologies suing Raytheon over Lancer Multi-Effects Warhead
System:

http://alert5.com/2012/06/11/ordnance-technologies-suing-raytheon-over-lancer-multi-effects-warhead-system/

Super Hornets Could Launch Their Own UAVs:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2012/06/08/super-hornets-could-launch-their-own-uavs.html

SolomonW

Jun 11, 2012, 3:07:36 AM6/11/12
On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 20:34:55 -0700 (PDT), dump...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Mossad Agents Claim Obama Lying About Stuxnet:
>
> http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/06/10/Oh-No-You-Didnt-Mossad-Agents-Claim-Obama-Lying-About-Stuxnet

I believe them that President Barack Obama's team is now claiming credit
for Stuxnet to boost his re-election campaign.

dott.Piergiorgio

Jun 11, 2012, 7:25:09 AM6/11/12
for the Divine's sake, please don't restart the voting ballot/ chads/
rigged voting machine polemics !!!

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Daryl

Jun 11, 2012, 9:24:18 AM6/11/12
I had my Chad hung once. Damned that was painful until I went
to a loser set of under shorts.

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and

dott.Piergiorgio

Jun 11, 2012, 9:59:43 AM6/11/12
Il 11/06/2012 15:24, Daryl ha scritto:
> On 6/11/2012 5:25 AM, dott.Piergiorgio wrote:
>> Il 11/06/2012 09:07, SolomonW ha scritto:

>>> I believe them that President Barack Obama's team is now
>>> claiming credit
>>> for Stuxnet to boost his re-election campaign.
>>
>> for the Divine's sake, please don't restart the voting ballot/
>> chads/ rigged voting machine polemics !!!
>>
>> Best regards from Italy,
>> dott. Piergiorgio.
>
> I had my Chad hung once. Damned that was painful until I went to a loser
> set of under shorts.

?_?

someone can be gentle enough to explain this joke/pun ?

Jim Wilkins

Jun 11, 2012, 12:31:38 PM6/11/12

"dott.Piergiorgio" <chied...@ask.me> wrote in message
>> ...Chad ...>
>
> someone can be gentle enough to explain this joke/pun ?
> dott. Piergiorgio.

Chad is the piece punched out by a paper/plastic sheet hole puncher,
as on a Teletype tape punch or a paper ballot voting machine. On a
Teletype they fall into the "Bit Bucket", which has come to mean a
digital data trash can like dev.null.

The paper ballot voting machines that brought Hanging Chad to public
attention came from New Hampshire where we (my father et.al.) became
disgusted with their unreliability and sold them to Florida. The
punched piece didn't always separate cleanly, causing the automatic
ballot reader to miss the vote.

After the close 2000 US Presidential election the questionable Florida
ballots were recounted by hand, with considerable controversy over if
a slightly dimpled location meant that the elderly voter didn't push
hard enough to cut the paper, or touched the button and then changed
their mind.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_(paper)
Add the ) to read it.

jsw

Daryl

Jun 11, 2012, 1:01:28 PM6/11/12
It's just humor. Probably not the best humor at that.

willshak

Jun 12, 2012, 10:48:12 AM6/12/12
Maybe if he had spelled 'looser' correctly, it might have been easier to
decipher.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jun 12, 2012, 10:53:52 AM6/12/12
naw...the Italian Old Fool (tm) should have seen it was nonsense.
;-)

Daryl

Jun 12, 2012, 4:26:28 PM6/12/12
Wow, another Netsplinkink Cop.

dott.Piergiorgio

Jun 13, 2012, 4:31:19 PM6/13/12
Il 12/06/2012 16:53, Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D. ha scritto:

> naw...the Italian Old Fool (tm) should have seen it was nonsense.
> ;-)

OK I wait patiently when I can punch your face close & personal....

when you return into states full of purple & reddish chads perhaps you
understand better the meaning of civility.

Dott. Piergiorgio.

Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D.

Jun 13, 2012, 5:22:42 PM6/13/12
dott.Piergiorgio wrote:

> Il 12/06/2012 16:53, Dr. Vincent Quin, Ph.D. ha scritto:
>
>> naw...the Italian Old Fool (tm) should have seen it was nonsense.
>> ;-)
>

> OK I wait patiently when I can punch your face close & personal....

Dear Italian Old Fool (tm),

Meet me in Rome at the Coliseum...we'll fight to the death like gladiators.

Saturday, 1pm, I'll be wearing a green Hawaiian shirt and a red Panama hat.

ha ha ha
;-)

Steve Hix

Jun 13, 2012, 8:56:54 PM6/13/12