Af/Pak & Other News (3/5/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Mar 5, 2012, 12:43:43 PM3/5/12
Suicide attack on Afghan NATO base where Korans burned:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/05/us-afghanistan-blast-idUSTRE8240SA20120305

Pakistan Taliban ‘number two sacked’: spokesman:

http://www.dawn.com/2012/03/05/pakistan-taliban-number-two-sacked-spokesman.html

Pakistan test fires short-range ballistic missile:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Pakistan_test_fires_short-range_ballistic_missile_999.html

Hawker Beechcraft's AT-6 Guns For Embraer's Super Tucano: Rival Planes
Compared:

http://defense.aol.com/2012/03/01/hawker-beechcraft-at-6-texan-ii-guns-for-super-tucano-as-air-for/

India Bans 6 Arms Firms over Bribery Scandal: Official:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120305/DEFREG03/303050001/India-Bans-6-Arms-Firms-over-Bribery-Scandal-Official?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Dozens dead as gunmen shoot police at Iraq checkpoints:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/05/10579750-dozens-dead-as-gunmen-shoot-police-at-iraq-checkpoints

139 dead in Yemen fighting, 55 troops held captive:

http://www.boston.com/news/world/middleeast/articles/2012/03/05/officials_106_dead_in_yemen_fighting/

Syrian troops pursue crackdown, Annan to visit:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/03/05/uk-syria-idUKL5E8E305F20120305

Precision Rocket Artillery Changes the Battlefield:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/133245/marine-himars-rockets-replace-close-air-support.html

A Quiet Farewell For the M-2 Bradley:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htarm/articles/20120305.aspx

Army, Industry Eye Big Plans For New Lakota Helicopter:

http://defense.aol.com/2012/03/02/army-industry-eye-big-plans-for-new-lakota-helicopter/

Army Helicopters Being Built in Huntsville:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/133246/us-army-builds-its-own-oh_58fs-in-huntsville.html

Number 1 on Army’s Shopping List: Wireless Broadband:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/03/army-data-network/

Two British journalists accused of spying in Libya:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24087:two-british-journalists-accused-of-spying-in-libya&catid=52:Human%20Security&Itemid=114

China must increase ability to win ‘local wars,’ PM says:

http://www.defencetalk.com/china-must-increase-ability-to-win-local-wars-pm-says-40736/

China’s defence budget to aid air force modernisation:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/chinas-defence-budget-to-aid-air-force-modernisation-369083/

Google Maps: Chinese DF-31 ICBMs spotted in central China:

http://alert5.com/2012/03/05/google-maps-chinese-df-31-icbms-spotted-in-central-china/

China Secretly Seeks The High Ground:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htspace/articles/20120305.aspx

Doubt Mounts Over Italian-Israeli Trainer Deal:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120305/DEFREG01/303050002/Doubt-Mounts-Over-Italian-Israeli-Trainer-Deal?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

UK still in the carrier club - kind of:

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewline/2012/03/uk-still-in-the-carrier-club--.html

'Serious problems' with vote that kept Vladimir Putin in power,
monitors say:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/05/10580145-serious-problems-with-vote-that-kept-vladimir-putin-in-power-monitors-say

FGS Berlin destroys two pirate skiffs; disrupts attack:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=24097:fgs-berlin-destroys-two-pirate-skiffs-disrupts-attack&catid=108:maritime-security&Itemid=233

Pentagon Slackens Difficult-To-Achieve JSF Performance Requirements:

http://insidedefense.com/201203012392003/Inside-Defense-General/Public-Articles/pentagon-waters-down-difficult-to-achieve-jsf-performance-requirements/menu-id-926.html

USAF C-130, F-16 Upgrades Get Near Term Focus:

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story.jsp?id=news/awst/2012/02/27/AW_02_27_2012_p31-428692.xml&headline=USAFC-130,F-16UpgradesGetNearTermFocus&channel=defense

Vortex radio waves could boost wireless capacity “infinitely”:

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/120803-vortex-radio-waves-could-boost-wireless-capacity-infinitely

Hackers winning security war: executives:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/02/us-rsa-hacking-idUSTRE8211P720120302

The Democratization of Electronic Warfare:

http://defensetech.org/2012/03/05/the-democratization-of-electronic-warfare/

Vigilante jamming cell phone calls on city buses to help preserve
peace and quiet:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technology-blog/vigilante-jamming-cell-phone-calls-city-buses-help-010615245.html;_ylt=AiLIgQfqTA1_H1Pekay3KpKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNqaDJpZjNoBGNjb2RlA2N0LmMEcGtnAzlhMjUyNGMzLTIxNDEtMzZhOS04ZGQ4LTEzMGVhMzZjYjhiOQRwb3MDNgRzZWMDbW9zdF9wb3B1bGFyBHZlcgM5ZTgxYjQyMC02NDA1LTExZTEtYmY2Ny0yNThkZDIxOWM3NTI-;_ylg=X3oDMTFvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

‘The 1 Percent Criminals’: You’ll Never Guess Where Occupy Wall Street
Supporters Held a Recent Conference:

http://news.yahoo.com/1-percent-criminals-ll-never-guess-where-occupy-163610420.html

bill

Mar 5, 2012, 1:05:25 PM3/5/12
On Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:43:43 -0800, dumpster4 wrote:

> Pakistan test fires short-range ballistic missile:
>
> http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Pakistan_test_fires_short-
range_ballistic_missile_999.html

Good grief, the return of the tactical nuclear weapon...

These were seriously dodgy in legal terms when we faced the Red Menace in
the Cold War, these days they're the sign of a government in need of
medical help.

What does Pakistan want them for? Breaking up the expected mass attacks
of Indian armour as it thunders through the line of control in Kashmir?

Always remembering that Pakistan has an awful lot of modern tanks (over
2500) and India is still updating its elderly T-72 fleet and even when
the modernisation is complete they'll only have about 2000 because
they're only modernising about 1,000 of them...

--
"Hopefully the fair wind will resume, or this may well take all day."

Admiral Collingwood on being becalmed under the guns of six French ships-
of-the-line at Trafalgar

Andrew Swallow

Mar 5, 2012, 2:10:46 PM3/5/12
On 05/03/2012 17:43, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> ‘The 1 Percent Criminals’: You’ll Never Guess Where Occupy Wall Street
> Supporters Held a Recent Conference:
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/1-percent-criminals-ll-never-guess-where-occupy-163610420.html

The Occupy Wall Street (OWS) people meeting in Iran. Is this the
Iranians running an intelligence operation on the USA? Or the OWS's
masters getting a situation report and giving new orders?

Andrew Swallow

Dean Markley

Mar 5, 2012, 3:52:46 PM3/5/12
I'd guess the only reason they want them is because the Indians have
comparable missiles.

Dennis

Mar 5, 2012, 8:01:43 PM3/5/12
Andrew Swallow wrote:

> On 05/03/2012 17:43, dumps.com wrote:
>> ‘The 1 Percent Criminals’: You’ll Never Guess Where Occupy Wall
>> Street Supporters Held a Recent Conference:
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/1-percent-criminals-ll-never-guess-where-occupy-
>> 163610420.html
>
> The Occupy Wall Street (OWS) people meeting in Iran. Is this the
> Iranians running an intelligence operation on the USA?

More like getting a retarded report on the USA.

Dennis