Af/Pak & Other News (6/9/2013)

dump...@hotmail.com

Jun 9, 2013, 6:27:31 PM6/9/13
Afghan president visits Qatar to discuss peace process, no meeting
with Taliban:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/afghan-president-to-visit-qatar-discuss-peace-process/2013/06/09/584cc56c-d0ec-11e2-9577-df9f1c3348f5_story.html

Army Medic Stephen Shaw receives Military Cross for bravery in
'horrific' rogue Afghan attack:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/10106556/Army-Medic-Stephen-Shaw-receives-Military-Cross-for-bravery-in-horrific-rogue-Afghan-attack.html

Army leaders walk fine line as Afghan advisers:

http://news.yahoo.com/army-leaders-walk-fine-line-afghan-advisers-153820954.html

Local Taliban commander killed in latest drone strike in Pakistan:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2013/06/local_taliban_comman.php

Prince Harry saved gay soldier from homophobic attack:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/prince-harry/10108456/Prince-Harry-saved-gay-soldier-from-homophobic-attack.html

Indian Air Force to Sign Deals Worth $24 Billion:

http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=483&ArticleID=2179

Insight: Murder trial of Italian marines in India navigates murky
waters:

http://news.yahoo.com/insight-murder-trial-italian-marines-india-navigates-murky-210809483.html

Iran ups cyber attacks on Israeli computers: Netanyahu:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/09/18863782-iran-ups-cyber-attacks-on-israeli-computers-netanyahu?lite

Yemen: Air Strike ‘Kills Six Al-Qaeda Militants’:

http://inserbia.info/news/2013/06/yemen-air-strike-kills-six-al-qaeda-militants/

Fighting intensifies in Syria's north after Assad gains:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/09/us-syria-crisis-north-idUSBRE9580DY20130609

Tanks in Beirut as Syria protest leaves one dead:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/06/09/syria-crisis-lebanon-idINDEE95804T20130609

PM: Israel needs 'digital iron dome' to stop cyber attacks:

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/PM-Israel-needs-digital-iron-dome-to-stop-cyber-attacks-315934

Deploy The Paranoia:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htintel/articles/20130609.aspx

Multinational military exercises launch in Jordan:

http://news.yahoo.com/multinational-military-exercises-launch-jordan-143524902.html

Dozens Are Killed in Libya in Fight With Militia:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/world/africa/militia-members-fire-on-demonstrators-in-benghazi.html

Algeria: Terrorists On Both Sides Of The Law:

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/algeria/articles/20130609.aspx

Islamic extremists hiding weapons inside coffin kill 13 people in
northeast Nigeria:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/islamic-extremists-hiding-weapons-inside-coffin-kill-13-people-in-northeast-nigeria/2013/06/08/a5acf8a6-d06d-11e2-9772-6fcf660e8c49_story.html

Report: NATO Paper Warns Of Military Shortfalls:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20130609/DEFREG01/306090005/Report-NATO-Paper-Warns-Military-Shortfalls

U.S. and China Move Closer on North Korea, but Not on Cyberespionage:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/world/asia/obama-and-xi-try-building-a-new-model-for-china-us-ties.html?ref=world&_r=0

North and South Korea meet, set stage for higher-level talks this
week:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/north-and-south-korea-meet-set-stage-for-higher-level-talks-this-week/2013/06/09/e8417696-d10e-11e2-a73e-826d299ff459_story.html

5 Lies About the Vietnam War You Probably Believe:

http://www.cracked.com/article_20461_5-lies-about-vietnam-war-you-probably-believe.html

Shaken, Not Secured:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htchem/articles/20130609.aspx

NSA Contractor Outs Himself as Source of Surveillance Documents:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/06/nsa-leaker-outs-himself/

Ex-CIA man says exposed U.S. spy scheme for better world:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/09/usa-security-identity-idUSL5N0EL0PQ20130609

Lawmakers urge review of domestic spying, Patriot Act:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/09/us-usa-security-lawmakers-idUSBRE9580AB20130609

Diplomats Give U.S. SOCOM a Reality Check:

http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/blog/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=1167

Uncle Steve

Jun 9, 2013, 7:32:22 PM6/9/13
On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 03:27:31PM -0700, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> NSA Contractor Outs Himself as Source of Surveillance Documents:
>
> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/06/nsa-leaker-outs-himself/

"He thought about exposing government secrets at the time, but didn't
because CIA secrets are mostly about people and he didn't want to
endanger anyone. He also thought the election of Barack Obama in 2008
would change things."

That is fucking funny. Who are the trained monkeys tapping this shit
out on their computers?

Regards,

Uncle Steve

--
There should be a special word in the English language to identify
people who create problems and then turn around and offer up their own

The Peeler

Jun 10, 2013, 12:09:01 AM6/10/13
On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 19:32:22 -0400, Uncle Steve <stev...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 03:27:31PM -0700, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> NSA Contractor Outs Himself as Source of Surveillance Documents:
>>
>> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/06/nsa-leaker-outs-himself/
>
>"He thought about exposing government secrets at the time, but didn't
>because CIA secrets are mostly about people and he didn't want to
>endanger anyone. He also thought the election of Barack Obama in 2008
>would change things."
>
>That is fucking funny. Who are the trained monkeys tapping this shit
>out on their computers?
>

>Regards,
>
>Uncle Steve

Is Barook Hussein Osama a trained monkey innit? <GB>
Message has been deleted

The Peeler

Jun 10, 2013, 11:05:05 AM6/10/13
On Mon, 10 Jun 2013 14:28:52 +0200, The Peeler
<finish...@themoronicRevd.invalid> wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 21:09:01 -0700, The Rectum, the resident psychopath of
>sci and scj, FAKING his time zone again and IMPERSONATING his master, The
>Peeler, wrote:
>
>>>"He thought about exposing government secrets at the time, but didn't
>>>because CIA secrets are mostly about people and he didn't want to
>>>endanger anyone. He also thought the election of Barack Obama in 2008
>>>would change things."
>>>
>>>That is fucking funny. Who are the trained monkeys tapping this shit
>>>out on their computers?
>>>

>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Uncle Steve
>>
>> Is Barook Hussein Osama a trained monkey innit? <GB>
>
>"Shining" with my retardation again, as a Grik retard? <BG>

BRIGHTLY Grik anus! <GB>