Af/Pak & Other News (5/2/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

May 2, 2012, 2:03:06 PM5/2/12
Suicide blast in Afghan capital after Obama leaves:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/01/11493488-suicide-blast-in-afghan-capital-after-obama-leaves?lite

Pakistanis Rally, Condemn US Killing of Bin Laden:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/pakistanis-rally-condemn-us-killing-bin-laden-16260730

'Ironman' a game-changer on battlefield:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Ironman_a_game_changer_on_battlefield_999.html

Obama Uses Bin Laden Death to (Kind of) End Afghan War:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/05/obama-osama-afghanistan/

President Obama: Bin Laden raid is 'most important single day of my
presidency':

http://rockcenter.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/02/11493919-president-obama-bin-laden-raid-is-most-important-single-day-of-my-presidency?lite

Ex-CIA Interrogator: Obama's War on Terror Is Less Ethical Than
Bush's:

http://gma.yahoo.com/ex-cia-interrogator-obamas-war-terror-less-ethical-134551480.html

Pakistan Has India Covered:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/hticbm/articles/20120502.aspx

9/11 Mastermind Says He Wants to Die; Gitmo Trial May Be His Chance:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/05/ksm-trial-death/

C-RAM Transforms Defense Tactics:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/134879/us-army-lauds-c_ram-system-after-trials.html

Damning figures for India's 'flying coffins':

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hGGkhNwF-fchZ05jXKKDNc1kOCjg?docId=CNG.cbc7e79b464161e130bd941cc0363871.3f1

China violated Indian airspace in March: Govt:

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/China-violated-Indian-airspace-in-March-Govt/Article1-849505.aspx

Airstrike kills 15 Al Qaeda militants in Yemen:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/05/02/airstrike-kills-15-al-qaeda-militants-in-yemen/

Syria accused of war crimes, rebels kill 15:

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/05/02/syria-idINDEE8410CJ20120502

Meshal loses control of Hamas military wing as authority moves to Gaza
leadership:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/meshal-loses-control-of-hamas-military-wing-as-authority-moves-to-gaza-leadership-1.427625

20 dead in Cairo after attackers storm protest:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hBTbnqpvu70kcwUkbAc7MEMl4lIQ?docId=CNG.446460332aa63f0bedcfcce309d0e1ab.801

Harriers almost came back for Libya:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/harriers-almost-came-back-for-libya-1-2266518

Mali junta foils counter-coup bid:

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=25294:mali-junta-foils-counter-coup-bid&catid=54:Governance&Itemid=118

Blast at Russian ammunition disposal site kills six:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/02/us-russia-army-blast-idUSBRE8410XL20120502

UK coroner: Body-in-bag spy death a mystery, but likely criminal:

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/02/11501139-uk-coroner-body-in-bag-spy-death-a-mystery-but-likely-criminal?lite

North Korea jamming GPS signals since Apr. 28:

http://alert5.com/2012/05/02/north-korea-jamming-gps-signals-since-apr-28/

U.S. May Sell 4 F-35s to Japan:

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20120502/DEFREG02/305020001/U-S-May-Sell-4-F-35s-Japan?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

China Convicts Spy Blogger, Lets Others Keep Leaking:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/05/china-propaganda/

China Sends In The Professionals:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htintel/articles/20120502.aspx

Mid Week Video: China’s Carrier Up-Close:

http://defensetech.org/2012/05/02/mid-week-video-chinas-carrier-up-close/

Taiwan's Surveillance Radar Program Moves Forward:

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/134880/taiwan%27s-surveillance-radar-program-moves-forward.html

Taiwan sets up airborne unit for Spratlys:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/1198744/1/.html

FLCV: Canada Looks to Upgrade Its Armor:

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/Canada-Looks-to-Upgrade-Its-Armor-in-Afghanistan-05190/

New Engine Tech Protects Jets From The Wrath Of FOD:

http://defense.aol.com/2012/05/02/new-engine-tech-protects-jets-from-the-wrath-of-fod/

Northrop Demos Compact, Rugged Laser for Military Applications:

http://www.defencetalk.com/northrop-demos-compact-rugged-laser-for-military-applications-42158/

USMC Places Order for AeroVironment RQ-11B Raven SUAS:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/USMC_Places_Order_for_AeroVironment_RQ_11B_Raven_SUAS_999.html

Future Looking Grim For Meads, Good for Patriot:

http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/asd_05_02_2012_p03-01-453801.xml

Dial-a-Bullet Tech Could Make Chain Guns Even Scarier:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/05/dial-a-bullet/

The Dempsey Doctrine Unveiled: Never Use The Military Alone:

http://defense.aol.com/2012/05/01/the-dempsey-doctrine-unveiled-never-use-the-military-alone/

Lockheed Martin's Shadow Hawk Munition Launched from Shadow UAS for
the First Time:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Lockheed_Martin_Shadow_Hawk_Munition_Launched_from_Shadow_UAS_for_the_First_Time_999.html

Andrew Swallow

May 2, 2012, 5:36:06 PM5/2/12
On 02/05/2012 19:03, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> 'Ironman' a game-changer on battlefield:
>

> http://www.spacewar.com/reports/Ironman_a_game_changer_on_battlefield_999.html

A method for a machine gun man to carry his own ammunition, (500 rounds).

I hope this works. It it does I suspect that the marines will probably
want them.

I wonder which firm will end up mass producing it?

Is there a need for something similar for other types of ammunitions
such as grenades?

Andrew Swallow

Andrew Swallow

May 2, 2012, 5:52:16 PM5/2/12
On 02/05/2012 19:03, dump...@hotmail.com wrote:
> 9/11 Mastermind Says He Wants to Die; Gitmo Trial May Be His Chance:
>
> http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/05/ksm-trial-death/

Can he be hung without any journalists being present?

Andrew Swallow

Kerryn Offord

May 2, 2012, 7:33:23 PM5/2/12
So, how much does 500 rounds weigh?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.62_x_51_mm_NATO
say 25.4 grams per cartridge..12.7 kg call it 28 pounds...

Now he has to carry his own kit, and the MG...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mk_48_machine_gun
8.2 kg (18.26lb)

That's 46 pounds for the weapon and ammo. Not counting the weight of the
pack...

Dan

May 2, 2012, 9:05:30 PM5/2/12
He may be hung, but I doubt he will be hanged in secret.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Dennis

May 3, 2012, 1:19:28 AM5/3/12
Dan wrote:

> On 5/2/2012 4:52 PM, Andrew Swallow wrote:
>> On 02/05/2012 19:03, dumpstom wrote:
>>> 9/11 Mastermind Says He Wants to Die; Gitmo Trial May Be His Chance:
>>>
>>> http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/05/ksm-trial-death/
>>
>> Can he be hung without any journalists being present?
>>
>> Andrew Swallow
>>

> He may be hung, but I doubt he will be hanged in secret.
>
> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I thought lethal injection was what the military used now. (Yes, he
deserves hanging.)

Dennis

Bill

May 3, 2012, 3:53:03 AM5/3/12
In article <XnsA04834E289EDts...@130.133.4.11>,
tsalagi...@hotmail.com says...
I very much doubt that the government of the USA is stupid enough to
kill this man.

--
William Black

When you hear the words 'Our people are our greatest asset' then it's
time to leave.

George152

May 3, 2012, 4:16:05 PM5/3/12
On 5/3/2012 7:53 PM, Bill wrote:
> In article<XnsA04834E289EDts...@130.133.4.11>,
> tsalagi...@hotmail.com says...
>> Dan wrote:

>>> He may be hung, but I doubt he will be hanged in secret.
>>>
>>> Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
>>>
>> I thought lethal injection was what the military used now. (Yes, he
>> deserves hanging.)
> I very much doubt that the government of the USA is stupid enough to
> kill this man.

He's responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocents...
Why does that make him bullet proof ?

Bill

May 3, 2012, 4:46:27 PM5/3/12
In article <If6dnQb5X44Zej_S...@giganews.com>,
gbl...@hnpl.net says...
First:

Right now the USA has something of a problem with public relations with
the vast bulk of the Muslim world.

Killing him won't help that.

Trying him in front of a military kangaroo court isn't helping much but
putting him in front of what amounts to a 'drumhead court martial' and
then executing him would be as a red rag to a bull.

Second reason:

If you're actually in a war you'd need to prove he attacked the non
military target and gave specific orders that it was attacked.

You're also in the unhappy and absurd position of legitimising the
attack on the Pentagon because it is undoubtedly a legitimate military
target.

George152

May 3, 2012, 7:07:20 PM5/3/12
On 5/4/2012 8:46 AM, Bill wrote:
> Right now the USA has something of a problem with public relations
> with the vast bulk of the Muslim world.

You may not have noticed but the Muslims have always had a problem with
the non-muslim world

> Killing him won't help that. Trying him in front of a military
> kangaroo court isn't helping much but putting him in front of what
> amounts to a 'drumhead court martial' and then executing him would be
> as a red rag to a bull.

Any trial he has will not be a court martial.
It may well be a military court
> Second reason: If you're actually in a war you'd need to prove he
> attacked the non military target and gave specific orders that it was
> attacked. You're also in the unhappy and absurd position of
> legitimising the attack on the Pentagon because it is undoubtedly a
> legitimate military target.

He's admitted to those facts....

Bill

May 3, 2012, 8:04:24 PM5/3/12
In article <nuWdnd6Xrvk0kj7S...@giganews.com>,
gbl...@hnpl.net says...

> On 5/4/2012 8:46 AM, Bill wrote:
> > Right now the USA has something of a problem with public relations
> > with the vast bulk of the Muslim world.
>
> You may not have noticed but the Muslims have always had a problem with
> the non-muslim world
>

> > Killing him won't help that. Trying him in front of a military
> > kangaroo court isn't helping much but putting him in front of what
> > amounts to a 'drumhead court martial' and then executing him would be
> > as a red rag to a bull.
>
> Any trial he has will not be a court martial.
> It may well be a military court

You can take it from me that nobody outside the USA will be either
willing or interested in telling the difference.

> > Second reason: If you're actually in a war you'd need to prove he
> > attacked the non military target and gave specific orders that it was
> > attacked. You're also in the unhappy and absurd position of
> > legitimising the attack on the Pentagon because it is undoubtedly a
> > legitimate military target.
>
> He's admitted to those facts....

He wants to be executed.

He wants to die in his cause.

To fulfil that wish would be a mistake.

Indeed the nest thing to do would be to lock him up for a few years and
then release him when he's an old man.

The the USA can then say 'This is what happens to our enemies, we will
lock you up until you are old and then release you to mocking laughter'.

Andrew Swallow

May 3, 2012, 10:39:10 PM5/3/12
On 04/05/2012 01:04, Bill wrote:
{snip}

> The the USA can then say 'This is what happens to our enemies, we will
> lock you up until you are old and then release you to mocking laughter'.

For that to work you would have to make him a real mockery.
Say castration, cutting off his hands and removing his tong.

Andrew Swallow

Orval Fairbairn

May 3, 2012, 11:48:59 PM5/3/12
In article <MPG.2a0d2d612...@news.eternal-september.org>,
OK -- hang him, smear the body with pig blood and bury him with a boar's
head for company.

dott.Piergiorgio

May 3, 2012, 11:54:57 PM5/3/12
Il 04/05/2012 02:04, Bill ha scritto:

> He wants to be executed.
>
> He wants to die in his cause.
>
> To fulfil that wish would be a mistake.
>
> Indeed the nest thing to do would be to lock him up for a few years and
> then release him when he's an old man.
>
> The the USA can then say 'This is what happens to our enemies, we will
> lock you up until you are old and then release you to mocking laughter'.

Not wanting to raise the ghost of Godwin, I'll put in this terms,
admittely more familiar to me than other smn fellows:

If the Italian ham actually manages to evade the hunting partisans, and
ends the war in the relative safety of Switzerland (whose was the
objective of his failed flying in late april of 1945) US will have
prosecuted him in a Nurnberg-like trial, knowing that will have ended in
a really mild sentence, if not acquittal (for a starter, he will be 100%
acquitted for the most grave charge, genocide, because he has too many
(genuine) witness in favour (look up Margherita Sarfatti,for an example...)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Ian B MacLure

May 4, 2012, 1:17:04 AM5/4/12
Andrew Swallow <am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote in
Also exactly how hard would it be for the Gitmo rifle companies to
put together a firing squad. I'd say 200 effectives would be about
right.

Ian B MacLure

May 4, 2012, 1:19:07 AM5/4/12
Dennis <tsalagi...@hotmail.com> wrote in
How about an electric gallows gas chamber?
Fried, strung up, and gassed simulataneously.

IBM

dott.Piergiorgio

May 4, 2012, 2:19:01 AM5/4/12
Il 04/05/2012 07:19, Ian B MacLure ha scritto:

>> I thought lethal injection was what the military used now. (Yes, he
>> deserves hanging.)
>
> How about an electric gallows gas chamber?
> Fried, strung up, and gassed simulataneously.

putting a gallow or an electric chair inside a gas chamber is feasible,
but how to electrify an hanging ? (hint: open circuit....)

Dennis

May 4, 2012, 3:00:41 AM5/4/12
dott.Piergiorgio wrote:

> Il 04/05/2012 07:19, Ian B MacLure ha scritto:
>
>>> I thought lethal injection was what the military used now. (Yes, he
>>> deserves hanging.)
>>
>> How about an electric gallows gas chamber?
>> Fried, strung up, and gassed simulataneously.
>
> putting a gallow or an electric chair inside a gas chamber is feasible,
> but how to electrify an hanging ? (hint: open circuit....)

Into a water ground!

Dennis

Daryl

May 4, 2012, 5:12:41 AM5/4/12
On 5/4/2012 12:19 AM, dott.Piergiorgio wrote:
> Il 04/05/2012 07:19, Ian B MacLure ha scritto:
>
>>> I thought lethal injection was what the military used now.
>>> (Yes, he
>>> deserves hanging.)
>>
>> How about an electric gallows gas chamber?
>> Fried, strung up, and gassed simulataneously.
>
> putting a gallow or an electric chair inside a gas chamber is
> feasible, but how to electrify an hanging ? (hint: open circuit....)

Easy answer. You have a gallows in a Gas Chamber that when the
first hint of the Gas hits, it triggers a gallows trap door.
About a foot from the drop where the feet stop, you have a tub of
water that has a very high electric charge that also electrocutes
him.

Get out of that, you SOB!!!!

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and

Bill

May 4, 2012, 10:08:39 AM5/4/12
In article <G6idnQ1xTLPL3D7S...@bt.com>,
am.sw...@btinternet.com says...
I hate to have to remind you, but we're supposed to be the good guys
here.

You know, bringing democracy and prosperity to them.

Barbarism is what they get from their current rulers

Bill

May 4, 2012, 10:10:40 AM5/4/12
In article <orfairbairn-5C8446.23485903052012@70-3-168-
216.pools.spcsdns.net>, orfai...@earthlink.net says...
Oh, sounds off stage right...

"Leroy, that boy is plain' with maw's computer agin', git him off of
thar before the sherrif comes by agin'"

Orval Fairbairn

May 4, 2012, 10:49:12 AM5/4/12
In article <MPG.2a0df3bd...@news.eternal-september.org>,
It is time to let the Islamists know that you don't screw around with
Uncle SAM! This technique worked on Moslem terrorists in the Philippines
a hundred years ago. If they touch pigs, they don't go to Paradise and
meet their 72 virgins.

Andrew Swallow

May 4, 2012, 10:50:56 AM5/4/12
He can then be buried at sea.

Andrew Swallow

Andrew Swallow

May 4, 2012, 10:55:43 AM5/4/12
A metal rope and very high voltages can be used to electrify a hanging.

Andrew Swallow

Andrew Swallow

May 4, 2012, 10:57:53 AM5/4/12
On 04/05/2012 10:12, Daryl wrote:

>>> How about an electric gallows gas chamber?
>>> Fried, strung up, and gassed simulataneously.
>>
>> putting a gallow or an electric chair inside a gas chamber is
>> feasible, but how to electrify an hanging ? (hint: open circuit....)
>
> Easy answer. You have a gallows in a Gas Chamber that when the first
> hint of the Gas hits, it triggers a gallows trap door. About a foot from
> the drop where the feet stop, you have a tub of water that has a very
> high electric charge that also electrocutes him.
>
> Get out of that, you SOB!!!!

Wrong order. Make the gas release scream activated. More painful.

Andrew Swallow

Andrew Swallow

May 4, 2012, 11:01:03 AM5/4/12
On 04/05/2012 15:08, Bill wrote:
> In article<G6idnQ1xTLPL3D7S...@bt.com>,
> am.sw...@btinternet.com says...
>>
>> On 04/05/2012 01:04, Bill wrote:
>> {snip}
>>

>>> The the USA can then say 'This is what happens to our enemies, we will
>>> lock you up until you are old and then release you to mocking laughter'.
>>>

>> For that to work you would have to make him a real mockery.
>> Say castration, cutting off his hands and removing his tong.
>
> I hate to have to remind you, but we're supposed to be the good guys
> here.
>
> You know, bringing democracy and prosperity to them.
>
> Barbarism is what they get from their current rulers

If they want democracy and prosperity they will ask for it.
I will just settle for deterring them from attacking us again.

Andrew Swallow

Bill

May 4, 2012, 11:24:13 AM5/4/12
In article <orfairbairn-86230C.10491204052012@70-3-168-
I think they have managed to work that out by now.

Let us all know when they surrender...

This technique worked on Moslem terrorists in the Philippines
> a hundred years ago.

That's a really bad example because the wars against the Moro Muslim
Sultanates went on for 300 years before the US attempts to stop them,
and the Moro people are once again in revolt.

If they touch pigs, they don't go to Paradise and
> meet their 72 virgins.

Silly child, they don't care.

Bill

May 4, 2012, 11:24:53 AM5/4/12
In article <Su-dnejncp-lcj7S...@bt.com>,
Me too.

Now how exactly do you think that will be achieved?

Orval Fairbairn

May 4, 2012, 1:10:03 PM5/4/12
In article <MPG.2a0e0523b...@news.eternal-september.org>,
You can publicly fry every one of them that you catch or meet on the
battlefield. They have to know that we will not treat them gently.

In addition, the policy of seeking out and killing their leaders works,
too. Silent drones that can strike them day and night gives them a taste
of what terror is really like.

Daryl

May 4, 2012, 1:46:46 PM5/4/12
No, the Gas will only be part B. Not the part that paralyzes and
is supposed to make it painless. Just the part that kills that
takes longer than either the Hanging or the Electric Jolt.

Bill

May 4, 2012, 2:17:43 PM5/4/12
In article <orfairbairn-D11520.13100304052012@70-3-168-
216.pools.spcsdns.net>, orfai...@earthlink.net says...

> In article <MPG.2a0e0523b...@news.eternal-september.org>,
> Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > If they want democracy and prosperity they will ask for it.
> > > I will just settle for deterring them from attacking us again.
> >
> > Me too.
> >
> > Now how exactly do you think that will be achieved?
>
> You can publicly fry every one of them that you catch or meet on the
> battlefield. They have to know that we will not treat them gently.

Like the Russians did in Afghanistan you mean?

That ended really well didn't it...

> In addition, the policy of seeking out and killing their leaders works,
> too. Silent drones that can strike them day and night gives them a taste
> of what terror is really like.

And how many deputy leaders have the Taliban lost this week?

That policy just isn't working.,

The only thing that ever seems to work with such organisations is doing
a deal with the people who have the power to stop the shooting.

Repeatedly killing the leadership until one arises that will do a deal
is a decent policy, but just killing people isn't.

George152

May 4, 2012, 4:13:12 PM5/4/12
Bring back drawing and quartering

Andrew Swallow

May 4, 2012, 6:20:04 PM5/4/12
Convert people who want to lead them into battle against the West into
people they are ashamed of. Poor countries cannot afford to have many
none productive people so they tend to drive out cripples etc.

The castration means no children so the ex-man is useless as a husband
and son-in-law.
No hands means that he cannot work.
No tongue means that he cannot lead the service in the Mosque or rally
the troops.
Still being alive means that he eats their limited food.

The leaders of the neighbouring villages can see what can happen to them.

Andrew Swallow

Daryl

May 4, 2012, 6:54:46 PM5/4/12
Now we are getting too complicated. Adding Drawn and Quartered
to the equation will take a Mechanical Engineer to figure out.
Mine is in Network so unless you can figure out a way to add that
in, it's now past my pay grade.

Bill

May 4, 2012, 7:51:41 PM5/4/12
In article <wuudnQ4dtumGyznS...@bt.com>,
am.sw...@btinternet.com says...

> On 04/05/2012 16:24, Bill wrote:
> > In article<Su-dnejncp-lcj7S...@bt.com>,
> > am.sw...@btinternet.com says...

> >> If they want democracy and prosperity they will ask for it.
> >> I will just settle for deterring them from attacking us again.
> >
> > Me too.
> >
> > Now how exactly do you think that will be achieved?
> >

> Convert people who want to lead them into battle against the West into
> people they are ashamed of.

The only way to do that is to provide a reasonable alternative.

Who do you suggest?

Not the current utterly corrupt Afghan leadership or the rather
unsavoury gang of refugees from the US oil company employment running
Iraq.

Poor countries cannot afford to have many
> none productive people so they tend to drive out cripples etc.

I have yet to see any Third World politicians being driven out because
they're unproductive.

> The castration means no children so the ex-man is useless as a husband
> and son-in-law.
> No hands means that he cannot work.
> No tongue means that he cannot lead the service in the Mosque or rally
> the troops.
> Still being alive means that he eats their limited food.
>
> The leaders of the neighbouring villages can see what can happen to them.

Stop being absurd and apply your mind to the problem.

Mutilating people will just alienate their relatives, and we'll make
mistakes.

Mutilate the peace loving local much beloved teacher and you'll turn his
village into a gang of howling killers who'll strip the flesh from your
bones for the joy of killing you.

Orval Fairbairn

May 4, 2012, 10:17:43 PM5/4/12
In article <MPG.2a0e2da71...@news.eternal-september.org>,
So, what do *YOU* recommend, oh Enlightened One?

Bill

May 4, 2012, 10:39:42 PM5/4/12
In article <orfairbairn-31EC71.22174304052012@70-3-168-
What I've always recommended, do a deal.

Everyone has a price, especially in that part of the world.

Find out what theirs is, and pay it.

It certainly won't be a 'world caliphate' or 'the end of Western
culture' or anything silly like that. Probably just a shed load of
cash or possibly a couple of nutters who want to be left alone to
repress their women and anyone who disagrees with them on doctrinal
grounds, but they're the ones who need eliminating before you start
talking...

Alternatively the USA can grow some balls and hold on tight while they
educate the women, at which point an awful lot of this sort of nonsense
all over the world will just stop.

Ian B MacLure

May 5, 2012, 2:59:04 AM5/5/12

> On 04/05/2012 06:17, Ian B MacLure wrote:
>> Andrew Swallow<am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote in

[snip]

>>> Can he be hung without any journalists being present?
>>
>> Also exactly how hard would it be for the Gitmo rifle
>> companies to
>> put together a firing squad. I'd say 200 effectives would be
>> about
>> right.
>

> He can then be buried at sea.

And, they won't even have to weight the corpus dilecti.

Andrew Swallow

May 5, 2012, 5:26:31 PM5/5/12
They all have hands and can tongues. It is hard to lead if you can
neither write nor talk.

You may have seen third World politicians replaced.

>> The castration means no children so the ex-man is useless as a husband
>> and son-in-law.
>> No hands means that he cannot work.
>> No tongue means that he cannot lead the service in the Mosque or rally
>> the troops.
>> Still being alive means that he eats their limited food.
>>
>> The leaders of the neighbouring villages can see what can happen to them.
>
> Stop being absurd and apply your mind to the problem.
>
> Mutilating people will just alienate their relatives, and we'll make
> mistakes.
>
> Mutilate the peace loving local much beloved teacher and you'll turn his
> village into a gang of howling killers who'll strip the flesh from your
> bones for the joy of killing you.

Good, providing they attack the people who are attacking us.

Kerryn Offord

May 5, 2012, 5:32:31 PM5/5/12
On 5/6/2012 9:26 AM, Andrew Swallow wrote:
> On 05/05/2012 00:51, Bill wrote:
>> In article<wuudnQ4dtumGyznS...@bt.com>,
>> am.sw...@btinternet.com says...

><SNIP>
>> Stop being absurd and apply your mind to the problem.
>>
>> Mutilating people will just alienate their relatives, and we'll make
>> mistakes.
>>
>> Mutilate the peace loving local much beloved teacher and you'll turn his
>> village into a gang of howling killers who'll strip the flesh from your
>> bones for the joy of killing you.
>>

> Good, providing they attack the people who are attacking us.

The problem is they won't be attacking the people who are "attacking
us". They will be attacking the people responsible for mutilating their
beloved whatever.

And when you fight back, they'll add that offence to the blood feud.

Andrew Swallow

May 5, 2012, 5:48:43 PM5/5/12
If the attacker came from the village we get him.
If he came from a different village people will become suspicious of
strangers.
When we have cut off the hands of the entire village, it will stop being
a problem.

Andrew Swallow

Orval Fairbairn

May 5, 2012, 5:59:46 PM5/5/12
In article <MPG.2a0ea3413...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Exactly what I was recommending -- except fot the bribes. Those nutters
are the ones we are currently targeting with drones, etc.

> Alternatively the USA can grow some balls and hold on tight while they
> educate the women, at which point an awful lot of this sort of nonsense
> all over the world will just stop.

The nutters *don't want* to educate their women! The upper echelons,
even in Saudi Arabia, recognize the futility of suppressing 50% of their
talent, but they have to deal with the religious nuts who wish to set
the clock back to the 7th Century. The fundamentalists there make out
KKK look like a bunch of choirboys.

Bill

May 5, 2012, 7:13:12 PM5/5/12
In article <ceqdneWLroLePTjS...@bt.com>,
am.sw...@btinternet.com says...
Only until the children are big enough to wear a suicide vest...

Bill

May 5, 2012, 7:14:12 PM5/5/12
In article <orfairbairn-1AD6B8.17594605052012@70-3-168-
216.pools.spcsdns.net>, orfai...@earthlink.net says...

> > Alternatively the USA can grow some balls and hold on tight while they
> > educate the women, at which point an awful lot of this sort of nonsense
> > all over the world will just stop.
>
> The nutters *don't want* to educate their women!

I know.

The upper echelons,
> even in Saudi Arabia, recognize the futility of suppressing 50% of their
> talent, but they have to deal with the religious nuts who wish to set
> the clock back to the 7th Century. The fundamentalists there make out
> KKK look like a bunch of choirboys.

I know that as well.

However, educating the women works.

George152

May 5, 2012, 7:23:00 PM5/5/12
Without hands?
You don't see how it works do you

Andrew Swallow

May 5, 2012, 8:39:51 PM5/5/12
One of the advantages of withdrawing is that we are out of range of
suicide vests.

Bill

May 5, 2012, 8:52:15 PM5/5/12
In article <ZYydnQ-WE6L8VTjS...@bt.com>,
am.sw...@btinternet.com says...

> On 06/05/2012 00:13, Bill wrote:
> > In article<ceqdneWLroLePTjS...@bt.com>,
> > am.sw...@btinternet.com says...

> >> If the attacker came from the village we get him.
> >> If he came from a different village people will become suspicious of
> >> strangers.
> >> When we have cut off the hands of the entire village, it will stop being
> >> a problem.
> >
> > Only until the children are big enough to wear a suicide vest...
> >

> One of the advantages of withdrawing is that we are out of range of
> suicide vests.

That'll be a great comfort to the relatives of the people who died in
the Twin Towers and in London in the 7/7 bombings

These bastards can reach out...

Andrew Swallow

May 5, 2012, 8:54:36 PM5/5/12
A different but related group. They will need handling in a different way.

Andrew Swallow

Bill

May 5, 2012, 9:03:20 PM5/5/12
In article <uaadnWXoFsRIVjjS...@bt.com>,
am.sw...@btinternet.com says...

> On 06/05/2012 01:52, Bill wrote:
> > In article<ZYydnQ-WE6L8VTjS...@bt.com>,
> > am.sw...@btinternet.com says...

> >> One of the advantages of withdrawing is that we are out of range of
> >> suicide vests.
> >
> > That'll be a great comfort to the relatives of the people who died in
> > the Twin Towers and in London in the 7/7 bombings
> >
> > These bastards can reach out...
> >
> A different but related group.

No, exactly the same people, it's only the funding line that differs,
the training system and command systems are identical.

> They will need handling in a different way.

Again, no.

All you need is a leadership who can be induced to stop the bangs.

Orval Fairbairn

May 5, 2012, 11:21:14 PM5/5/12
In article <MPG.2a0fc4a05...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In article <orfairbairn-1AD6B8.17594605052012@70-3-168-
> 216.pools.spcsdns.net>, orfai...@earthlink.net says...
> >

> > > Alternatively the USA can grow some balls and hold on tight while they
> > > educate the women, at which point an awful lot of this sort of nonsense
> > > all over the world will just stop.
> >
> > The nutters *don't want* to educate their women!
>
> I know.
>
> The upper echelons,
> > even in Saudi Arabia, recognize the futility of suppressing 50% of their
> > talent, but they have to deal with the religious nuts who wish to set
> > the clock back to the 7th Century. The fundamentalists there make out
> > KKK look like a bunch of choirboys.
>
> I know that as well.
>
> However, educating the women works.

The operative term is "educating the women." If the laws and the culture
prohibit or greatly restrict educating the women or treating women as
chattel, the strategy will fail.

Andrew Swallow

May 6, 2012, 12:06:20 AM5/6/12
The bangs in Britain tend to come from Muslims born in Britain.
Although the community leaders may came from Pakistan.

>> They will need handling in a different way.
>>

> Again, no.
>
> All you need is a leadership who can be induced to stop the bangs.

Since the English police can arrest the leaders in England that may be
possible.

Ian B MacLure

May 6, 2012, 1:37:36 AM5/6/12
Kerryn Offord <ka...@uclive.ac.nz> wrote in
Operation Tamerlane.

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 6, 2012, 1:41:25 AM5/6/12
Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in
Operation Tamerlane would prevent that eventuality.

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 6, 2012, 1:48:21 AM5/6/12

> In article <orfairbairn-1AD6B8.17594605052012@70-3-168-
> 216.pools.spcsdns.net>, orfai...@earthlink.net says...
>>

>> > Alternatively the USA can grow some balls and hold on tight while
>> > they educate the women, at which point an awful lot of this sort
>> > of nonsense all over the world will just stop.
>>
>> The nutters *don't want* to educate their women!
>
> I know.
>
> The upper echelons,
>> even in Saudi Arabia, recognize the futility of suppressing 50% of
>> their talent, but they have to deal with the religious nuts who wish
>> to set the clock back to the 7th Century. The fundamentalists there
>> make out KKK look like a bunch of choirboys.
>
> I know that as well.
>
> However, educating the women works.

Probably but how do you plan on doing that in places like Saudi
Arabia or Afghanistan for that matter.
Particularly if the fungousmentalists object.
You will remember I hope that these clownshoes have no compunction
at killing anyone they think is likely to upset the Islamic
applecart.
And empowering women would be A Very Bad Thing(tm) in their eyes.

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 6, 2012, 1:50:06 AM5/6/12

> On 06/05/2012 00:13, Bill wrote:
>> In article<ceqdneWLroLePTjS...@bt.com>,

[snip]

> One of the advantages of withdrawing is that we are out of range of
> suicide vests.

That sort of thinking led to 9/11

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 6, 2012, 1:52:11 AM5/6/12
Andrew Swallow <am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote in
<rhetorical_question>
And in what way are they related?
Hmmm?
</rhetorical_question>

Enormous honkin' hint.
One word beginning with "I".

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 6, 2012, 1:53:41 AM5/6/12
Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in

[snip]

> Again, no.
>
> All you need is a leadership who can be induced to stop the bangs.

Who would be the target of one or more of those "bangs" had
they the temerity to suggest such a thing.

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 6, 2012, 2:00:58 AM5/6/12
Orval Fairbairn <orfai...@earthlink.net> wrote in
Whaddya mean "if"?

In a perfect world there would exist some means of dropping a
50lb crowbar down earth's gravity well on the head of any
mullah, ayatollah, sheikh, "scholar" or other Islamic woolhat
who opined that women were in effect chattel.
After a few craters showed up colocated with the last known
location of any of these aforesaid mullahs, ayatollahs, sheikhs,
"scholars" or other Islamic woolhats it might enter the heads of
the remainder of these assclowns that the Lord God Jehovah was
a tad ticked off at them and that perhaps more ijtihad was
advisable.

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 6, 2012, 2:03:13 AM5/6/12
Andrew Swallow <am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote in
You don't halt epidemics by treating the symptoms.
You need to find and stop the vectors and then disinfect the
source of the contagion.

IBM

Bill

May 6, 2012, 7:47:25 AM5/6/12
In article <orfairbairn-8A0D93.23211405052012@70-3-168-
216.pools.spcsdns.net>, orfai...@earthlink.net says...
No law or culture bans the education of women.

It is invariably individuals interpreting the law or culture in a manner
they find useful.

Bill

May 6, 2012, 7:48:46 AM5/6/12
In article <ZYednTO65rNaZTjS...@bt.com>,
And they were trained in Pakistan and the British police would like a
word with the guy who planned and organised the strike, and he's in
Pakistan as well...

Bill

May 6, 2012, 7:49:36 AM5/6/12
In article <XnsA04AE803B8D...@216.196.121.131>, i...@svpal.org
says...

> Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > In article <orfairbairn-1AD6B8.17594605052012@70-3-168-
> > 216.pools.spcsdns.net>, orfai...@earthlink.net says...

> >> The nutters *don't want* to educate their women!
> >
> > I know.
> >
> > The upper echelons,
> >> even in Saudi Arabia, recognize the futility of suppressing 50% of
> >> their talent, but they have to deal with the religious nuts who wish
> >> to set the clock back to the 7th Century. The fundamentalists there
> >> make out KKK look like a bunch of choirboys.
> >
> > I know that as well.
> >
> > However, educating the women works.
>
> Probably but how do you plan on doing that in places like Saudi
> Arabia or Afghanistan for that matter.
> Particularly if the fungousmentalists object.

That's why we have all those soldiers...

Bill

May 6, 2012, 7:52:36 AM5/6/12
In article <XnsA04AE8EB056...@216.196.121.131>, i...@svpal.org
says...
That's not the case in every other similar conflict that has happened
over the ages.

The Hindu fanatics in India did a deal.

The Catholic fanatics in Ireland did a deal.

What is needed is a leadership prepared to do a deal.

It may be necessary to eliminate the leadership of the bad guys
repeatedly until one arises that will do a deal, but I'm afraid that's
one of the lessons of history people have to learn.

Andrew Swallow

May 6, 2012, 12:59:04 PM5/6/12
We now guard the airports.

Andrew Swallow

Andrew Swallow

May 6, 2012, 1:00:14 PM5/6/12
Pakistan begins with "P".

Andrew Swallow

Andrew Swallow

May 6, 2012, 1:03:27 PM5/6/12
That is why we are invading every country in the Middle East.

Andrew Swallow

Andrew Swallow

May 6, 2012, 1:07:14 PM5/6/12
If the marines wish to assist every couple of years Pakistan is flooded.
Boats can move around but the local army finds the roads are closed.

Andrew Swallow

Orval Fairbairn

May 6, 2012, 1:55:19 PM5/6/12
In article <MPG.2a10765c2...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In article <XnsA04AE8EB056...@216.196.121.131>, i...@svpal.org
> says...
> >
> > Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > > Again, no.
> > >
> > > All you need is a leadership who can be induced to stop the bangs.
> >
> > Who would be the target of one or more of those "bangs" had
> > they the temerity to suggest such a thing.
>
> That's not the case in every other similar conflict that has happened
> over the ages.
>

> The Hindu fanatics in India did a deal.
>

> The Catholic fanatics in Ireland did a deal.
>
> What is needed is a leadership prepared to do a deal.
>
> It may be necessary to eliminate the leadership of the bad guys
> repeatedly until one arises that will do a deal, but I'm afraid that's
> one of the lessons of history people have to learn.

"What we mice need to do is to hang a bell around the cat's neck, so we
can hear him coming." --- Aesop's Fables

Ian B MacLure

May 9, 2012, 12:47:25 AM5/9/12

> In article <XnsA04AE8EB056...@216.196.121.131>,
i...@svpal.org
> says...
>>
>> Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> > Again, no.
>> >
>> > All you need is a leadership who can be induced to stop the bangs.
>>
>> Who would be the target of one or more of those "bangs" had
>> they the temerity to suggest such a thing.
>
> That's not the case in every other similar conflict that has happened
> over the ages.

What are you smoking.

> The Hindu fanatics in India did a deal.

Are you refering to Partition in 1947?
The Hindu population didn't want it and were prepared to accept
a multi-confessional India. Ali Jinna and his assclown supporters
wanted "Islam or Death". As it is there are more Moo-Slims in India
than in Ghudjpaqistan.

> The Catholic fanatics in Ireland did a deal.

Who?
The IRA?
Catholic?
Try Marxist.

> What is needed is a leadership prepared to do a deal.

A deal like a contract requires a meeting of minds and with Islam
there can be no such thing. At best you get a temporary truce
Look up "hudna"

> It may be necessary to eliminate the leadership of the bad guys
> repeatedly until one arises that will do a deal, but I'm afraid that's
> one of the lessons of history people have to learn.

Well considering the proclivities of Mooselimbs towards
non-Mooselimbs you'd likely run out of Mooselimbs before
you found one willing to deal in anything other than
temporary fashion.

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 9, 2012, 12:55:08 AM5/9/12
Andrew Swallow <am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote in
When I was a child I was able to run out onto the tarmac to greet my
Grandmother as she stepped off the Lockheed Lodestar that had
brought her to us.
The along came D.B Cooper, various "Take me to Cuba" clownshoes,
and a whole host of ohers who should have been terminated at birth.

And yes we now guard the airports subjecting everybody to Homeland
Security Theatre at immense cost to dubious effect.
We should be profiling with a vengence like El Al does. Anyone we
catch even thinking about an Allahu Akhbar moment should be hung,
drawn, and quartered.

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 9, 2012, 12:58:04 AM5/9/12
Andrew Swallow <am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote in news:jOGdnWGFCMK-
MzvSnZ2dnU...@bt.com:
Nation<ISLAM> Pakistan;

Pakistan isn't the problem.
Islam is.

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 9, 2012, 1:05:50 AM5/9/12

> On 06/05/2012 07:03, Ian B MacLure wrote:
>> Andrew Swallow<am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote in

Oops, made hash of the edit....

>> You don't halt epidemics by treating the symptoms.
>> You need to find and stop the vectors and then disinfect the
>> source of the contagion.
>>
>> IBM
>
> That is why we are invading every country in the Middle East.

To do the sort of things that needs doing, the kinder, gentler
approach must needs be abandoned for sterner measures.

Five Pillars.

OK.

Pact of Omar/Dhimmitude
Lesser Jihad.
Rule by so-called clerics.
Women as property.
and a host of other evils.

Will not be tolerated.

And to drive the point home, one particularly egregious example
of a pest hole where the preceding evils are practiced should
be made example of in a way that cannot be ignored.

IBM

Uncle Steve

May 9, 2012, 6:03:09 AM5/9/12
On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 11:55:08PM -0500, Ian B MacLure wrote:
> Andrew Swallow <am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote in
>
> > On 06/05/2012 06:50, Ian B MacLure wrote:
> >> Andrew Swallow<am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote in

> >> [snip]

> >> That sort of thinking led to 9/11
> >>
> >> IBM
> >>
> > We now guard the airports.
>
> When I was a child I was able to run out onto the tarmac to greet my
> Grandmother as she stepped off the Lockheed Lodestar that had
> brought her to us.
> The along came D.B Cooper, various "Take me to Cuba" clownshoes,
> and a whole host of ohers who should have been terminated at birth.
>
> And yes we now guard the airports subjecting everybody to Homeland
> Security Theatre at immense cost to dubious effect.
> We should be profiling with a vengence like El Al does. Anyone we
> catch even thinking about an Allahu Akhbar moment should be hung,
> drawn, and quartered.

Rumor has it that everyone _is_ being profiled to the nines. But, the
technology involved is sufficiently sophisticated that it presents a
problem if you start talking about informing the public about it.
Most everyone lacks the background knowledge required to properly
contextualize the information. Hence, some of the secrecy surrounding
certain domestic SIGINT programs.

Regards,

Uncle Steve

--
"Giving money and power to the government is like giving whiskey and
car keys to teenaged boys" - P. J. O'Rourke

Andrew Swallow

May 9, 2012, 1:09:00 PM5/9/12
On 09/05/2012 05:58, Ian B MacLure wrote:
> Andrew Swallow<am.sw...@btinternet.com> wrote in news:jOGdnWGFCMK-
OK. Two problems.

Andrew Swallow

Andrew Swallow

May 9, 2012, 1:09:51 PM5/9/12
Have a look at what the Spanish Inquisition did in Mexico.

Andrew Swallow

Bill

May 9, 2012, 5:09:49 PM5/9/12
In article <VuidnbEb7OMxOTfS...@bt.com>,
am.sw...@btinternet.com says...
I'd love a 'solution' to Islam.

Ian B MacLure

May 9, 2012, 7:10:13 PM5/9/12

> In article <VuidnbEb7OMxOTfS...@bt.com>,
> am.sw...@btinternet.com says...

>> > Nation<ISLAM> Pakistan;
>> >
>> > Pakistan isn't the problem.
>> > Islam is.
>> >
>> > IBM
>>
>> OK. Two problems.
>
> I'd love a 'solution' to Islam.

Its called Reform and Islam forbids its.

Daryl

May 9, 2012, 7:12:17 PM5/9/12
Solution might be like every other violent radical religion we
have had in the US. Lock all of them up or kill them.

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and
programs.

Bill

May 10, 2012, 2:03:21 AM5/10/12
In article <XnsA04EA47D2C6...@216.196.121.131>, i...@svpal.org
says...
Stark bonkers.

I find very little wrong with the modern Suffi form.

Bill

May 10, 2012, 2:05:12 AM5/10/12
In article <joetkp$6jc$1...@dont-email.me>, dh...@nospami70west3.com
says...

> On 5/9/2012 5:10 PM, Ian B MacLure wrote:
> > Bill<black...@gmail.com> wrote in
> >
> >> In article<VuidnbEb7OMxOTfS...@bt.com>,
> >> am.sw...@btinternet.com says...

> >> I'd love a 'solution' to Islam.
> >
> > Its called Reform and Islam forbids its.
>
> Solution might be like every other violent radical religion we
> have had in the US. Lock all of them up or kill them.

You have the undoubted thanks of the Westboro Baptist Church...

Ian B MacLure

May 10, 2012, 2:38:32 AM5/10/12
Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in news:MPG.2a156a8644779ecc989906
@news.eternal-september.org:

> In article <XnsA04EA47D2C6...@216.196.121.131>,
i...@svpal.org
> says...
>>
>> Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in
>>
>> > In article <VuidnbEb7OMxOTfS...@bt.com>,
>> > am.sw...@btinternet.com says...

>> > I'd love a 'solution' to Islam.
>>
>> Its called Reform and Islam forbids its.
>
> Stark bonkers.
>
> I find very little wrong with the modern Suffi form.

Sufis. Who get short shrift from the Salafists and their ilk.
MAybe you've heard of mobs of these assbandits burning Sufi
shrines.

IBM

IBM

Ian B MacLure

May 10, 2012, 2:40:05 AM5/10/12
Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in news:MPG.2a156af1c3834c82989907
@news.eternal-september.org:
Those clownshoes are annoying nothing more.
Its not like they are plotting to fly aircraft
into buildings.

IBM

Dean

May 10, 2012, 8:07:35 AM5/10/12
On May 10, 2:40 am, Ian B MacLure <i...@svpal.org> wrote:
> Bill <blackuse...@gmail.com> wrote in news:MPG.2a156af1c3834c82989907
> @news.eternal-september.org:
>

> > In article <joetkp$6j...@dont-email.me>, dh...@nospami70west3.com
> > says...

> >> Solution might be like every other violent radical religion we
> >> have had in the US.  Lock all of them up or kill them.
>
> > You have the undoubted thanks of the Westboro Baptist Church...
>
>         Those clownshoes are annoying nothing more.
>         Its not like they are plotting to fly aircraft
>         into buildings.
>
>         IBM

No, not yet. But all radicals start somewhere.

Bill

May 10, 2012, 3:41:58 PM5/10/12
In article <XnsA04EF0C468...@216.196.121.131>, i...@svpal.org
says...
I think you'll find that nobody is these days.

Bill

May 10, 2012, 3:42:39 PM5/10/12
In article <XnsA04EF0811BB...@216.196.121.131>, i...@svpal.org
I know, tragic.

And I notice you're not helping them...

Ian B MacLure

May 10, 2012, 8:51:12 PM5/10/12

> In article <XnsA04EF0811BB...@216.196.121.131>, i...@svpal.org
> says...
>>
>> Bill <black...@gmail.com> wrote in news:MPG.2a156a8644779ecc989906
>> @news.eternal-september.org:

[snip]

>> > I find very little wrong with the modern Suffi form.
>>
>> Sufis. Who get short shrift from the Salafists and their ilk.
>> MAybe you've heard of mobs of these assbandits burning Sufi
>> shrines.
>
> I know, tragic.
>
> And I notice you're not helping them...

And you know this how exactly.
In any case, Sufi is still Islam and I'm not in favo(u)r of it.

IBM