Af/Pak & Other News (12/23/2012)

dump...@hotmail.com

Dec 23, 2012, 6:15:25 PM12/23/12
Note: My X-mas vacation will begin soon, and my net access will be a
bit
iffy during that time. So I may have trouble posting for
awhile. Hope
you all have a Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year!

Taliban not demanding Afghan power monopoly:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/23/taliban-not-demanding-afghan-power-monopoly/

Prince Harry in Taliban 'kill' mission:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/9763892/Prince-Harry-in-Taliban-kill-mission.html

In Afghan Taliban birthplace, US troops step back:

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-taliban-birthplace-us-troops-step-back-162125960.html;_ylt=AlzjU43tsFfsj9yGbs4xpPhvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTNycGZlMTZhBG1pdANUb3BTdG9yeSBXb3JsZFNGBHBrZwNhN2M1ODVjZS00ZmExLTM2ZTktYTViNy1jYTczMmY1MjE1MzcEcG9zAzEzBHNlYwN0b3Bfc3RvcnkEdmVyAzA4MDZhNjIwLTRkMWQtMTFlMi1iZjNmLWNiZjExODdhNjI0NA--;_ylg=X3oDMTFqOTI2ZDZmBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdAN3b3JsZARwdANzZWN0aW9ucw--;_ylv=3

Official: Navy SEAL commander dies of apparent suicide while deployed
in Afghanistan:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/23/official-navy-seal-commander-dies-apparent-suicide-while-deployed-in/

Revealed: 'City soldiers' on £100,000:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9764035/Revealed-City-soldiers-on-100000.html

UAVs Close The Safety Gap:

http://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htatrit/articles/20121223.aspx

India to sign for 42 Su-30MKIs and 59 Mi-17 V5s during Putin’s visit:

http://alert5.com/2012/12/23/india-to-sign-for-42-su-30mkis-and-59-mi-17-v5s-during-putins-visit/

Yemen general may head new unit after army overhaul:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/23/us-yemen-military-idUSBRE8BM07E20121223

US delivers two support ships to Iraq: embassy:

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2012\12\24\story_24-12-2012_pg4_4

Syrian rebels say capture military base, seize weapons:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/syrian-rebels-say-capture-military-base-seize-weapons-1.489482

Air strike 'kills 60' as peace envoy Brahimi in Syria:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hjjOHNPTzQ1U-SGvF7icJuCYfCvQ?docId=CNG.f5551e7e34ca91714c8946c8df208357.541

Israel says Syria chemical weapons are secure for now:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/23/us-israel-syria-idUSBRE8BM01V20121223

Rafael's Trophy and IMI's Iron Fist to Compete in Early 2013:

http://www.israeldefense.com/?CategoryID=483&ArticleID=1851

Missed Opportunities:

http://www.strategypage.com/qnd/israel/articles/20121223.aspx

Analysis: Egypt's Islamists tighten grip on power:

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hsVdYeJnVLj9Ko8Gf_eqhzi3BhGg?docId=2d59a8cc33284dbdabc005043f449186

Ansar al Sharia Tunisia releases pictures of FBI agents:

http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2012/12/ansar_al_sharia_tuni_1.php

Crashed Superjet was coded as fighter: investigators:

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/crashed-superjet-was-coded-as-fighter-investigators-380349/

LS3 stretches its legs in latest trial:

http://www.janes.com/products/janes/defence-security-report.aspx?ID=1065974645&channel=defence

dott.Piergiorgio

Dec 24, 2012, 12:55:25 AM12/24/12
Il 24/12/2012 00:15, dump...@hotmail.com ha scritto:

for some reasons, seems that you missed this interesting procurement news:

> http://www.militaryaerospace.com/articles/2012/12/socom-mini-subs.html

if one reads carefully, seems that for once US procurement has done the
Right Thing, giving the design job to people whose not only actually
known well what they're designing, but also are by far the most expert
in this type of weapon systems ;)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

dump...@hotmail.com

Dec 24, 2012, 1:11:22 AM12/24/12
Actually, that's old news. I already posted that link back in this thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.aviation.military/browse_thread/thread/fa7f86144360f9d1?hl=en#

Daryl

Dec 24, 2012, 1:13:19 AM12/24/12
An, Pier, you are just wanting a job :)

Daryl

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and