NASCAR beef

Jamie Scully

Oct 2, 2009, 4:54:17 AM10/2/09
http://reviewsyoucantuse.blogspot.com

So I got some beef with the National Association for Stock Car Auto
Racing. It is the biggest waste of our natural resources and a huge
pollutant to our environment. Have you ever wondered how much gas they
use in Nascar? I don't know the actual number but it's probably a
ridiculously absurd amount. I'm sure they are using a high octane gas
too and not the cheap stuff. Also they go through like hundreds of
tires during each race and tires are made up of oil.

Now aren't we as a country trying to help our environment by making
and driving economic and hybrid vehicles? How the hell is Nascar
helping with our oil problems? We don't have enough oil to last us in
our lifetime but we can waste it on driving in a circle for 500
miles!?!

I don't even get Nascar anyway. How is it fun to watch cars make left
turns for like 3 hours? Most people watch it hoping for a crash
anyway. I have watched some Nascar in my lifetime and I was not
entertained. I will give credit to the drivers though, it probably
takes a lot of skill driving inches away from 20 other cars going 200
mph. Maybe I need to be a redneck or have my own ambulance in order to
understand and enjoy it.

Of course the government isn't going to get break up Nascar because
they make way too much money off of it. Just like fucking cigarettes
but that's another post in of itself.

http://reviewsyoucantuse.blogspot.com

a425couple

Oct 2, 2009, 11:00:58 AM10/2/09
"Jamie Scully" <reviewsy...@gmail.com> wrote in ...

> So I got some beef with the National Association for Stock Car Auto
> Racing. It is the biggest waste of our natural resources and a huge
> pollutant to our environment. Have you ever wondered how much gas they
> use in Nascar? I don't know the actual number -----

What (if any) sport do you approve people watching?

Football? Do the math on how much gas 60,000 +/- fans
consume going to those games every Sunday.

Do you ever go on vacation?
How much fuel is 'wasted' to get you there?

> We don't have enough oil to last us in
> our lifetime but we can waste it on driving in a circle for 500
> miles!?!

About 40 drivers and cars enertain hundreds of thousands of fans.
Would you be happier if they all drove down to the beach
or the mall instead?

> I don't even get Nascar anyway.

Yeah, I kind of think most of us figured that out.

> Just like fucking cigarettes
> but that's another post in of itself.

Yeah, and I hope you find an appropriate place
to put that post.

Rick

Oct 2, 2009, 1:53:46 PM10/2/09
On Oct 2, 3:54 am, Jamie Scully <reviewsyoucant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I got some beef with the National Association for Stock Car Auto
> Racing. It is the biggest waste of our natural resources and a huge
> pollutant to our environment. Have you ever wondered how much gas they
> use in Nascar?

The the airplanes used by the O's, Obama and Oprah, to
pitch for the Olympics in Shitcago, consumed Nascar's
total gasoline usage for the whole year.

Jamie Scully

Oct 3, 2009, 3:55:50 AM10/3/09
On Oct 2, 11:00�am, "a425couple" <a425cou...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Jamie Scully" <reviewsyoucant...@gmail.com> wrote in ...

Ok football isn't based on gas, you could say that about anything,
going to the supermarket or the mall or anywhere thousands of people
go to.

a425couple

Oct 3, 2009, 11:37:20 AM10/3/09
"Jamie Scully" <reviewsy...@gmail.com> wrote in ...
On Oct 2, 11:00�am, "a425couple" <a425cou...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Jamie Scully" <reviewsyoucant...@gmail.com> wrote in ...
>
> > So I got some beef with the National Association for Stock Car Auto
> > Racing. It is the biggest waste of our natural resources and a huge
> > pollutant to our environment. Have you ever wondered how much gas they
> > use in Nascar? I don't know the actual number -----
>
> What (if any) sport do you approve people watching?
>
> Football? �Do the math on how much gas 60,000 +/- fans
> consume going to those games every Sunday.
>
> Do you ever go on vacation?
> How much fuel is 'wasted' to get you there?
>
> > We don't have enough oil to last us in
> > our lifetime but we can waste it on driving in a circle for 500
> > miles!?!
>
> About 40 drivers and cars enertain hundreds of thousands of fans.
> Would you be happier if they all drove down to the beach
> or the mall instead?
>
> > I don't even get Nascar anyway.
>
> Yeah, I kind of think most of us figured that out.
>
> > Just like fucking cigarettes
> > but that's another post in of itself.
>
> Yeah, and I hope you find an appropriate place
> to put that post.

-Ok football isn't based on gas, you could say that about anything,
-going to the supermarket or the mall or anywhere thousands of people
-go to.

Yes, and that is exactly my point, and the bigger truth of
the issue. The big fuel consumption is from the fans, and
the transport of the team and team parts.
The fuel the "race cars" use is a small side issue.

I am owner/entrant of a couple race cars. Even at $10 a
gallon for my 'racing gas', that is a tiny cost compared
to the fuel needed for highway transport.

Jamie Scully

Oct 4, 2009, 4:00:05 AM10/4/09
> to the fuel needed for highway transport.- Hide quoted text -

So we should get rid of all sporting events is what your saying? See
the difference is when we finally figure out the alternate fuel crisis
people are going to be driving electric cars or whatever. Where is
that going to leave NASCAR? Adding the pollutiing of our atmosphere?

JerryD(upstateNY)

Oct 4, 2009, 7:16:39 AM10/4/09
"Jamie Scully" wrote in message

So we should get rid of all sporting events is what your saying? See
the difference is when we finally figure out the alternate fuel crisis
people are going to be driving electric cars or whatever. Where is
that going to leave NASCAR? Adding the pollutiing of our atmosphere ?<<<<<<

The total amount of gas NASCAR uses in a year is about the same as what is
consumed in this country in about a half hour.
You have your panties in a bunch for nothing but treehuggers are like that.

--
JerryD(upstateNY)

JerryD(upstateNY)

Oct 4, 2009, 8:58:45 AM10/4/09
I just looked it up and we used 15,306,649 gallons PER HOUR in the U.S. last
year.
So a half hours use is 7,653,324.5 gallons.
Do you think NASCAR used over 7� million gallons of gas last year ?
Talk about worring about NOTHING !!!!

Jamie Scully

Oct 7, 2009, 2:24:37 PM10/7/09

You can't compare what Nascar uses to the whole country moron, of
course it's going to be a lot smaller. That's like comparing how much
McDonalds you eat to the whole state of NY. It's still a waste, they
should go back to chariots and horses

YooperBoyka

Oct 7, 2009, 3:35:54 PM10/7/09
Jamie Scully wrote:
> It's still a waste, they
> should go back to chariots and horses

Right after you do.

Nancy2

Oct 7, 2009, 4:28:11 PM10/7/09
On Oct 7, 1:24 pm, Jamie Scully <reviewsyoucant...@gmail.com> >

> You can't compare what Nascar uses to the whole country moron, of
> course it's going to be a lot smaller. That's like comparing how much
> McDonalds you eat to the whole state of NY. It's still a waste, they

> should go back to chariots and horses- Hide quoted text -

We already have that sport in this country - it's called harness
racing.

N.