Bristol Finish / Thoughts

K Harrison

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

Thought I'd add my 2 censts on the Bristol race.

I was impressed with both Rusty and Jeff Gordon. While Jeff did tap Rusty on
the last lap, even Rusty implied it was just good, hard racing. It's
unfortunate the lapped car didn't move out of the way to let the leaders
battle it out. I was happy to see Rusty not whine about the events.

To those bashing JG over his over-agressiveness on the last lap, I have to
disagree. But, I have noticed Jeff pulling some moves you only used to see
Dale E make. More punts, etc of people he couldn't seem to get around.

Well, I'll just have to wait till Martinsville to see if Mark Martin can
get things back on track.

Sam (RCR3FAN)

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

> While I am not directly a fan of either Rusty or Jeff, if this was a track
> and field event, and someone tripped the guy in front of them to get ahead,
> what would be think?
>**
*
If it were track and field....I wouldn't have been there...thats for sure.
I'm telling yall, If Gordon keeps runnin' over folks...I'm gonna buy
me a 24 shirt! :-)

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/8076
RCR3FAN'S Homepage
Interesting facts,
Racing jokes.

Bill Haas

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

While I am not directly a fan of either Rusty or Jeff, if this was a track
and field event, and someone tripped the guy in front of them to get ahead,
what would be think?

K Harrison <harr...@newwave.net> wrote in article
<5itlf1$o...@usenet85.supernews.com>...

Mike McGuigan

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

Bill Haas <bill...@dptechnology.com> wrote in article
<01bc48f0$499ce060$0a03...@bill.dptechnology.com>...

> While I am not directly a fan of either Rusty or Jeff, if this was a
track
> and field event, and someone tripped the guy in front of them to get
ahead,
> what would be think?

Luckily its not track and field. I am a JG fan who also likes Rusty.
Rusty said it was just racing, so let's move on............

Matt Howell

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

In article <5itlf1$o...@usenet85.supernews.com>, harr...@newwave.net says...

>Thought I'd add my 2 censts on the Bristol race.
>
>I was impressed with both Rusty and Jeff Gordon. While Jeff did tap Rusty on
>the last lap, even Rusty implied it was just good, hard racing. It's
>unfortunate the lapped car didn't move out of the way to let the leaders
>battle it out. I was happy to see Rusty not whine about the events.
SNIP
My thoughts exactly, but I wish people would bury this "Rusty's whining"
business. It's an OLD thread, and not particularly accurate when it was new,
either. Besides, in the aftermath of Bristol, we have other drivers to rank
on, er, discuss. :)
--
Matt Howell
Senior Technician

Tom Brinkman

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

Bill Haas wrote:

> While I am not directly a fan of either Rusty or Jeff, if this was a track
> and field event, and someone tripped the guy in front of them to get ahead,
> what would be think?

Help me out here Bill. How did this someone get up to the
guy in front, and wouldn't he have a better chance to stay ahead
if he didn't take time out to trip the guy? I'm just not getting
this %*/ Wouldn't he get run over and trampled to death by the
other 41 runners?

.... ah could it be that he ran around the track the wrong way so
he could be ahead of the guy, to trip him ? nah, he'd still get
run over...

This is a riddle isn't it? I give up, what's the answer?
~~~~~~ Tom Brinkman ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ nascar *fan* ~~~~~
Katy,Texas to...@hal-pc.org #3 #6 #5 #25 #18

Pat Farnsworth

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

"Bill Haas" <bill...@dptechnology.com> wrote:

>While I am not directly a fan of either Rusty or Jeff, if this was a track
>and field event, and someone tripped the guy in front of them to get ahead,
>what would be think?

I would think of them as inconsiderate slobs....they broke the rules
of track and field.

HOWEVER.....what rule of NASCAR did Jeff break?

You are comparing apples to oranges.

Go #3!!!

Pat

Road HOG

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

>Well, I'll just have to wait till Martinsville to see if Mark Martin

can get things back on track.

Dunno 'bout Mark. Over the past two years he hasn't driven his WC car
as aggressively did before. Yet, over on the Busch Circuit, he's hell
on four wheels. Is it Mark, or the competition?

tin...@aol.com

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

In article <5ium9d$79m$4...@news.usit.net>, old...@usit.net (Road HOG) writes:

>Dunno 'bout Mark. Over the past two years he hasn't driven his WC car
>as aggressively did before. Yet, over on the Busch Circuit, he's hell
>on four wheels.

> Is it Mark, or the competition?

It is the car.

Tinadog says: If Mark didn't have to worry about his WC car not
being up to the task he would run it harder.

JANAK RANI

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

In <5ium9d$79m$4...@news.usit.net> old...@usit.net (Road HOG) writes:

>In article <5itlf1$o...@usenet85.supernews.com>, harr...@newwave.net
>says...
>
>>Well, I'll just have to wait till Martinsville to see if Mark Martin
>can get things back on track.
>>
>Dunno 'bout Mark. Over the past two years he hasn't driven his WC car
>as aggressively did before. Yet, over on the Busch Circuit, he's hell
>on four wheels. Is it Mark, or the competition?

How did you think Mark got a top-5 finish yesterday? Playing possum? He
was leading at Texas last week until the engine went bye-bye and he is
sixth in points. The competition is tiff, but MM is no slouch behind
the wheel.

Amit

Bruce Florman

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

Bill Haas wrote:

> While I am not directly a fan of either Rusty or Jeff, if this was a track
> and field event, and someone tripped the guy in front of them to get ahead,
> what would be think?

Frankly, if the sanctioning bodies for track and field allowed a little
more
contact and overt aggression in their events, I might be more inclined
watch them.

--Bruce

Road HOG

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

>>In <5ium9d$79m$4...@news.usit.net> old...@usit.net (Road HOG) writes:

Yep, back in 1982 he ran a full season, long before Jack
>Roush brought him back up from the *ARCA* circuit.

*ooops* That shoulda read ASA Circuit. And...another interesting fact
about Mark's first year (1982) on the Grand National (now Winston Cup)
Larry McReynolds was his crew chief.

Perhaps that explains why he went broke and had to return to the ASA
circuit where he had already won three (3) championships and was to
win his 4th in 1986.

-db-

Road HOG

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

In article <5iusjc$l...@dfw-ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>, wr...@ix.netcom.co
says...

>In <5ium9d$79m$4...@news.usit.net> old...@usit.net (Road HOG) writes:
>>
>>In article <5itlf1$o...@usenet85.supernews.com>, harr...@newwave.net
>>says...
>>
>>>Well, I'll just have to wait till Martinsville to see if Mark Martin
>>can get things back on track.
>>>
>>Dunno 'bout Mark. Over the past two years he hasn't driven his WC car
>>as aggressively as he did before. Yet, over on the Busch Circuit,
>>he's hell on four wheels. Is it Mark, or the competition?
>
>How did you think Mark got a top-5 finish yesterday? Playing possum?
He
>was leading at Texas last week until the engine went bye-bye and he is
>sixth in points. The competition is tiff, but MM is no slouch behind
>the wheel.
>>
>Amit

Tell me about it sweet thang...now go back and read the post again. I
said as "aggressively" as he did before. I've been a mark Martin fan
for 15 years. Yep, back in 1982 he ran a full season, long before Jack
Roush brought him back up from the ARCA circuit.

He was hungry and aggressive back in those day and up until about three
years ago was driving to win...not for points! As of late, he seems too
willing to settle for a top-10 finish. That's why he's in 6th place in
WC Points and team mate Jeff Burton is 5th! Nice guys finish where? :)

-db-

Lee Aanderud

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

cj...@intergate.bc.ca wrote:

> Better luck in Martinsville, Rusty, and here's hoping Jeff finds the
> wall early.

After reading the twenty or thirty posts that you've made today, I can't
help but think "And I thought Rusty whined!!!". Anyone who wishes an
accident on a driver is definately not a NASCAR fan (as has been said
numerous times here). I'm sure your tipping a drink as you salute "...
here's hoping Jeff finds the wall early"... and a last ditched wish that
Jeff leaves early so that Rusty might have a chance.

Drink another two-four and come back and post a few more whiny-assed
comments.

Lee

gonzo

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

Gee Lee I gotta give you credit, I read about 10 and had to give it up,
he was neck and neck with Geo for shear volume today.
have a great week
gonzo

K Harrison

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

In article <19970415044...@ladder01.news.aol.com>, tin...@aol.com
says...

>In article <5ium9d$79m$4...@news.usit.net>, old...@usit.net (Road HOG) writes:
>

>>Dunno 'bout Mark. Over the past two years he hasn't driven his WC car

>>as aggressively did before. Yet, over on the Busch Circuit, he's hell

>>on four wheels.
>
>> Is it Mark, or the competition?
>

>It is the car.
>
>Tinadog says: If Mark didn't have to worry about his WC car not
>being up to the task he would run it harder.

Just thought I'd give some more views on this thread from a VERY biased Mark
Martin fan.

Tina does have a point, but there are some other considerations. Mark isn't
making his living running the Busch series. I believe he does it just because
he enjoys racing. He can afford to take more risks with the car, pushing it
to the edge in Busch. If it blows a motor or crashes, Mark just gets an early
start on WC "happy hour". I don't think Winn Dixie minds either, since when
he is running well, their logo gets a lot of TV time.

But he must consider the big picture in the WC series. There is a
championship at stake, and standings at the end of the year translate into big
money. Mark has the same competitive attitude in WC as Busch, but he can't
push a marginal situation as hard and end up with a terrible finish. I think
Tina is right, too when she says he has to worry more about the WC car not
holding up as well. While Roush Racing does seem to give him good cars,
they're typically not the "class of the field" like his BGN cars.

Just some ramblings from a Mark Martin fan.

cj...@intergate.bc.ca

Apr 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/15/97

In article <01bc48f6$4ae668a0$a6aa45cf@mjm>, mcgu...@mindspring.com
says...

>Bill Haas <bill...@dptechnology.com> wrote in article
><01bc48f0$499ce060$0a03...@bill.dptechnology.com>...
>> While I am not directly a fan of either Rusty or Jeff, if this was a
>track
>> and field event, and someone tripped the guy in front of them to get
>ahead,
>> what would be think?
>
>Luckily its not track and field. I am a JG fan who also likes Rusty.
>Rusty said it was just racing, so let's move on............

Rusty was just being nice. It was obvious to anyone with eyes that
Gordon played dirty to win the race. No, the track and field event is
not a good analogy since there are officials there that would have
disqualified anyone tripping the guy in front. In Nascar, well, like
everyone says, that's racing. But I don't think Jeff won himself any
new fans yesterday and I know for certain, in my case, he lost a few.

You really have to admit, the hoopla in victory lane was somewhat
subdued.

Pat Farnsworth

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

Bruce Florman <Bru...@inter-intelli.com> wrote:

>Bill Haas wrote:
>>
>> While I am not directly a fan of either Rusty or Jeff, if this was a track
>> and field event, and someone tripped the guy in front of them to get ahead,
>> what would be think?

>Frankly, if the sanctioning bodies for track and field allowed a little

>more
>contact and overt aggression in their events, I might be more inclined
>watch them.

>--Bruce

Now THAT would be cool!! You must stay in your own lane (meaning your
foot must always come down in your lane) but you would be free to
throw your arms or legs in any direction. Would probably look like a
bunch of flailing turkeys. Hehehe....fun!! :) :)

Go #3!!!

Pat

cj...@intergate.bc.ca

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

In article <33546B...@worldnet.att.net>, chera...@worldnet.att.net
says...

>Lee Aanderud wrote:
>>
>> cj...@intergate.bc.ca wrote:
>>
>> Drink another two-four and come back and post a few more whiny-assed
>> comments.
>>
>> Lee
Nope don't drink. Purely sober.

>Gee Lee I gotta give you credit, I read about 10 and had to give it up,
>he was neck and neck with Geo for shear volume today.
> have a great week
> gonzo

And you're one to talk?????

Is there a limit to the amount of postings allowed? Please advise me
as to the maximum amount of postings allowed per day. I was not aware
that I had exceeded it and I'd like to keep track of others as well to
make sure they don't exceed it.

I'm sorry I irritated you boys. (I'm not a he BTW) Wee bit testy about
the last race and I'm sure I'll get over it soon. Again, so sorry.

A female Rusty fan....

Road HOG

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

In article <5j0atj$q...@lacy.zippo.com>, harr...@newwave.net says...

>Just some ramblings from a Mark Martin fan.

You ramble very coherently and thanks you for for an intelligent
response (meaning no offense Tinadog). :^)

Mark6 Fan

Lee Aanderud

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

cj...@intergate.bc.ca wrote in article
<5j1l43$535$6...@carrera.intergate.bc.ca>...

> I'm sorry I irritated you boys. (I'm not a he BTW) Wee bit testy about
> the last race and I'm sure I'll get over it soon. Again, so sorry.
>
> A female Rusty fan....

That might explain a few things... I hope you realize I'm just joking...
you set yourself up for that one.
--

Lee Aanderud
Old Soldiers Never Die... Your Mom Threw Them Away.

cj...@intergate.bc.ca

Apr 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/17/97

In article <01bc4aa5$61e09a20$0bf0...@theusc.sc.edu>,
le...@cosw.cosw.sc.edu says...

Actually I was expecting that and would have been terribly disappointed
if someone hadn't bit. :-)

Jim Zastryzny

Apr 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/26/97

On 15 Apr 1997 01:39:57 GMT, old...@usit.net (Road HOG) wrote:

>In article <5itlf1$o...@usenet85.supernews.com>, harr...@newwave.net
>says...
>
>>Well, I'll just have to wait till Martinsville to see if Mark Martin
>can get things back on track.
>>

>Dunno 'bout Mark. Over the past two years he hasn't driven his WC car
>as aggressively did before. Yet, over on the Busch Circuit, he's hell
>on four wheels. Is it Mark, or the competition?

I think MM has his eye on the big picture while driving his Winston
Cup Car. The BGN Points race isn't a big concern for him so he can
adopt more of a wreckers or checkers attitude.

The competition thing is probably a big factor too.