OT-Bastille Day

Dave

Jul 14, 2005, 8:00:01 AM7/14/05

There's no bread, let them eat cake
There's no end to what they'll take
Flaunt the fruits of noble birth
Wash the salt into the earth

But they're marching to Bastille Day La guillotine will claim
her bloody prize Free the dungeons of the innocent The king
will kneel, and let his kingdom rise

Bloodstained velvet, dirty lace
Naked fear on every face
See them bow their heads to die
As we would bow as they rode by

And we're marching to Bastille Day La guillotine will claim
her bloody prize Sing, o choirs of cacophony The king has
kneeled, to let his kingdom rise

Lessons taught but never learned
All around us anger burns
Guide the future by the past
Long ago the mould was cast

For they marched up to Bastille Day La guillotine -- claimed
her bloody prize Hear the echoes of the centuries Power isn't
all that money buys

Dr Hfuhruhurr

Jul 14, 2005, 8:08:20 AM7/14/05

Heh! Another Rush fan i see.

Be aware that the French government announced yesterday that it has
raised its terror alert level from ' Run ' to ' Hide ' . The only two
higher levels in France are ' Surrender ' and ' Collaborate ' . The
rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white
flag factory, effectively paralysing their military.

Doc

Paul-B

Jul 14, 2005, 8:09:31 AM7/14/05
Dave wrote:

<some Jean Crapaud crap snipped>

Still didn't get the games, though... ;-p

Dave

Jul 14, 2005, 8:10:56 AM7/14/05

"Dr Hfuhruhurr" <mike...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Heh! Another Rush fan i see.

yes indeed, greetings to you.

> Be aware that the French government announced yesterday that it has
> raised its terror alert level from ' Run ' to ' Hide ' . The only two
> higher levels in France are ' Surrender ' and ' Collaborate ' . The
> rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white
> flag factory, effectively paralysing their military.

ROFLMAO! Excellent Doc! Take the rest of the day off!

Message has been deleted

Dr Hfuhruhurr

Jul 14, 2005, 8:19:16 AM7/14/05

I'll get me coat then!

Doc

P.S. Do you ever get over to alt.music.rush? Can be quite a hoot some
days.

Dave

Jul 14, 2005, 8:23:53 AM7/14/05

"Dr Hfuhruhurr" <mike...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> P.S. Do you ever get over to alt.music.rush? Can be quite a hoot some
> days.

been awhile, last time i was there it was empty, i'll check it out again, thanks 4 the heads up!

James Carroll

Jul 14, 2005, 9:08:48 AM7/14/05

"Dave" <da...@home.com> wrote in message

Rush! are from my hometown, we used to catch them at bars 30 years ago.

Here's a neat fan site that I stumbled across yesterday:

It looks like it's part of a Rush! website hosting server because I backtracked
and found a pile of other fan website in all different kinds of languages.

http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/index.html

Dr Hfuhruhurr

Jul 14, 2005, 9:19:44 AM7/14/05

Oh that's been in may favourites for like *forever* ;-)
So what are you called, a Torontarian? Do you like YYZ? (not the
airport)
Have a look at this
http://www.bobbysbrane.com/animation%20fun/animation-fun.html

Doc

Bigbird

Jul 14, 2005, 11:35:31 AM7/14/05

Don't get knocked down... ;)

Bigbird

Jul 14, 2005, 11:38:51 AM7/14/05
Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:

> Heh, another Rush fan.

> Be aware that the French government announced yesterday that it has
> raised its terror alert level from ' Run ' to ' Hide ' . The only two
> higher levels in France are ' Surrender ' and ' Collaborate ' . The
> rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white
> flag factory, effectively paralysing their military.

Okay, it was funny the first time...

...and it still is...

...but please don't feed the xenophobes...

...you'll ruin my diet.

Probert

Jul 14, 2005, 12:07:31 PM7/14/05

"James Carroll" <james.ca...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> "Dave" <da...@home.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Dr Hfuhruhurr" <mike...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> > P.S. Do you ever get over to alt.music.rush? Can be quite a hoot some
>> > days.
>> >

>> been awhile, last time i was there it was empty, i'll check it out again,
> thanks 4 the heads up!
>>

> Rush! are from my hometown, we used to catch them at bars 30 years ago.

Yeah. You can get anitbiotics for it these days. There's even a rub on cream
that's fairly effective.

Cheers,
Probert.

Dave

Jul 14, 2005, 2:08:33 PM7/14/05

> Oh that's been in may favourites for like *forever* ;-)
> So what are you called, a Torontarian? Do you like YYZ? (not the
> airport)
> Have a look at this
> http://www.bobbysbrane.com/animation%20fun/animation-fun.html
>
> Doc

WOW!!
Now THAT is about the coolest thing I've seen anyone do r.e. RUSH!
Thanks again Doc.

George

Jul 14, 2005, 2:25:48 PM7/14/05
Never really liked them. Shoddy Canadian version of Genesis (during
the Gabriel days), Yes, Gentle Giant, ELP, King Crimson, et al.

The Bastile and heads being chopped off reminds me of a fellow who acts
like a King and has his office in Paris or is it Switzerland? His
pronouncements become more bizarre by the day. I think his name is
Max.

Dave

Jul 14, 2005, 2:37:22 PM7/14/05

"George" <georg...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

Maybe we should start calling him Maximilien Robespierre?

Message has been deleted

Bacchus, not the Magoo guy

Jul 14, 2005, 6:54:32 PM7/14/05
The primary festival of hooligans everywhere.

Dave

Jul 14, 2005, 11:40:46 PM7/14/05

"Al McKay" <al.m...@excite.com> wrote in message
> > Never really liked them. Shoddy Canadian version of Genesis (during
> > the Gabriel days), Yes, Gentle Giant, ELP, King Crimson, et al.
>
> I wouldn't compare them to Genesis because their roots are more in hard rock
> than on the progressive side. After all, their a trio. Great writing and
> fab musicians. Having seen all of the above bands on numerous occasions in
> my younger days, I'd put the Rush live show at the top but I wouldn't lump
> them into the prog-rock category like you have for some odd reason, their
> nothing like any of the other bands you mentioned; either on stage or on
> recording. That might explain your mistake and misguided opinion of them.

Besides, all those bands are dead, buried and gone (though their music still lives on).
I saw Rush for the 24th time just last summer, they are still banging it out, and they haven't lost
a beat.

Message has been deleted

Dave

Jul 15, 2005, 9:37:45 AM7/15/05

"Harland Saunders" <chi...@buck.buck> wrote in message
> Bacchus, not the Magoo guy <win...@earthlink.com> wrote in message:

> > The primary festival of hooligans everywhere.
> >
> July 4th.! When they celebrate killings!

That's about the most jackassed remark I've read in this ng.
Are you that much of a bloody stupid idiot moron, or do you just play one on the internet? Pull your
thumb out of your asshole and use it to page through a history book sometime you emptyheaded fucking
human buttplug.

Dave

Jul 15, 2005, 9:42:30 AM7/15/05

"Harland Saunders" <chi...@buck.buck>

nice trick asshole.

watch your replies to this moron, somehow he's got them redirected to the neckcar forum.

Phil Newnham

Jul 15, 2005, 12:02:17 PM7/15/05
Dave wrote:
> That's about the most jackassed remark I've read in this ng.
> Are you that much of a bloody stupid idiot moron, or do you just play one on the internet? Pull your
> thumb out of your asshole and use it to page through a history book sometime you emptyheaded fucking
> human buttplug.

===============
| Please do |
| not feed |
| the trolls |
| Thankyou |
===============

\|===|/

--
Phil

Message has been deleted

Dave

Jul 15, 2005, 4:45:21 PM7/15/05

"Irv Weinberg" <irv...@wein.com> wrote in message
> Dave <da...@home.com> wrote in message: news:<TfednZnyduvAIUrfRVn-

> Funny that you didn't say the same about the previous post which called
> Bastille Day "The primary festival of hooligans everywhere."
>
> What's the problem? You can dish it out but you can't take it?

If you can't determine the difference between the two remarks then me spelling it out for you would
be a waste of my time, wouldn't it?

Da Frank

Jul 15, 2005, 5:56:14 PM7/15/05

Dave, disrespect is disrespect no matter how it's worded.
Be fair, you have to admit that they both are fuckwits, but one of
them was provoked.

--

Regards, Frank

James Carroll

Jul 15, 2005, 9:33:20 PM7/15/05

"Dave" <da...@home.com> wrote in message

Indeed.

"It's always a happy day when YYZ (zed) appears on your baggage tags"!

Being a "business traveller" and a Torontonian (I'm from Ontario where people
are "Ontarians") I can appreciate that!

That was really nice!

Thanks for pointing it out!

Cheers!

Go! Leafs! Go!

James Carroll

Jul 15, 2005, 9:48:13 PM7/15/05

"Da Frank" <fa...@ooptushome.com.au> wrote in message

You have spoken like a Gentleman who has spent time in France and appreciates
things, not someone who hasn't and just hurls venom due to ignorance.

I've read this newsgroup and know that some of the best contributors are
friends of France.

Tacky clods need to go there and enjoy.

Dave

Jul 15, 2005, 10:42:12 PM7/15/05

"Da Frank" <fa...@ooptushome.com.au> wrote in message
Agreed, i apologize for my outburst as well.

James Carroll

Jul 16, 2005, 1:15:40 AM7/16/05

"It's always a happy day when YYZ (zed) appears on your baggage tags"!

- Neil Peart

Dave

Jul 16, 2005, 1:36:28 AM7/16/05

"James Carroll" <james.ca...@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

> "It's always a happy day when YYZ (zed) appears on your baggage tags"!
>
> - Neil Peart

That is an awesome video.

Bacchus, not the Magoo guy

Jul 16, 2005, 11:49:24 AM7/16/05
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:29:51 -0400, Harland Saunders
<chi...@buck.buck> wrote:
>Bacchus, not the Magoo guy <win...@earthlink.com> wrote in message:
>> The primary festival of hooligans everywhere.
>>
>July 4th.! When they celebrate killings!

...The *signing* of the Declaration of Independence, fuckwit.

Message has been deleted

Bacchus, not the Magoo guy

Jul 17, 2005, 11:06:29 AM7/17/05
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:20:48 -0400, Harland Saunders
<chi...@buck1.buck> wrote:
>Bacchus, not the Magoo guy <win...@earthlink.com> wrote in message:
>But Americans are the real hooligans and they're pigs as well because I've
>seen Americans celebrating their Independence on TV and all they do is have
>contests to see how many hotdogs they can shove into their big mouths.
>That's the only international sport that Americans are any good at and even
>then they get their ass kicked by a short little Japanese guys.

[SNIGGER]

...You're going to be a real treat when puberty hits you.

Probert

Jul 17, 2005, 1:09:35 PM7/17/05

"Bacchus, not the Magoo guy" <win...@earthlink.com> wrote in message

As will you, Mark, when you find your sense of humour... or, maybe, you
didn't have one to lose in the first place.

BTW are you keeping this one for a while, at least?

Cheers,
Probert.