Still just a 'Rogue Employee' ?

Jonathan Peirce

Sep 7, 2007, 9:12:03 AM9/7/07
No no no, it was just a low level rogue employee, and just a test
driver, and the race drivers, and well, their engineers, but no no no
it's not THE TEAM!

Message has been deleted

Luigi Topolino

Sep 7, 2007, 9:39:33 AM9/7/07

Rogue Nation, more the case.

Bob Dubery

Sep 7, 2007, 9:44:51 AM9/7/07
On Sep 7, 3:28 pm, noone <no...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> In article <2007090709120316807-president@whitehousegov>,
> The McLiars will try to partition the team such that they can find an
> acceptable limb to sever short of killing the whole beast.
>
> The McLaren fans' conduct during this sordid episode has shown human
> nature at its worst.
At least we're not all self-righteous hypocrites.

I think everybody with an interest in this should pay attention to the
wording of Max Moseley's comminque. Max is no fool, is a lawyer by
profession, and has worded this communication very carefully.

The messsage is that there is an ALLEGATION that one or more McLaren
drivers have some evidence that is material to the investigation, and
that FIA are keen to find out whether or not there is substance to
this allegation.

The FIA are NOT saying that this information suggests that McLaren
have made use of improperly obtained Ferrari data. They are saying
that it is ALLEGED that one or more McLaren drivers MAY be in
possession of a document or documents relevant to the matter.

So it COULD be a communication to the effect that such and such a
piece of data supplied by Coughlan enabled them to optimise their
strategy.

Or it COULD be a document that would be embarrasing for Ferrari.

Or it COULD be just an allegation with no substance to it.

Whatever, the FIA are aware of this allegation (and that is the exact
word that Moseley has used) and, quite rightly IMO, are taking steps
to establish whether or not there is any substance to the allegation.

Phil Carmody

Sep 7, 2007, 10:12:47 AM9/7/07

How come you know the truth of the allegation, but those
closer to the sport, such as Mosley, do not know it?
Document your contacts and sources - every one of them.

Have you ever thought about keeping your gob shut, and
leaving the inane spewing until after the facts are
available?

Phil
--
Dear aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all.
-- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration

Message has been deleted

a_Frank

Sep 7, 2007, 10:32:23 AM9/7/07
On 07 Sep 2007 17:12:47 +0300, Phil Carmody
<thefatphi...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>Jonathan Peirce <pres...@whitehouse.gov> writes:
>> No no no, it was just a low level rogue employee, and just a test
>> driver, and the race drivers, and well, their engineers, but no no no
>> it's not THE TEAM!
>
>How come you know the truth of the allegation, but those
>closer to the sport, such as Mosley, do not know it?
>Document your contacts and sources - every one of them.
>
>Have you ever thought about keeping your gob shut, and
>leaving the inane spewing until after the facts are
>available?

Good luck shutting the whole news group up. :-)

--

Regards, Frank

Phil Carmody

Sep 7, 2007, 10:58:30 AM9/7/07

They are shut up - for me. About 80% of posts are filtered
by my killfile. (Not as bad as alt.lang.asm where sometime
I'm told there are 100 new messages at the server, and when
I load the group there are only 2 shown!). I could have
sworn JP was also in the KF, but I did have KF truncation
problems a while back, maybe he got rescued by such a snip.

It's a shame seeing the sensible posters here, of which there
are many, spending such a large proportion of their time
having futile arguments with idiots who are so clue-resistent
that they'd remain clue-free even if dampened and then dunked
in a tank of high density powdered clues.

Bigbird

Sep 7, 2007, 11:48:47 AM9/7/07
Bob Dubery wrote:

Directly related or not, and appearances are that it is, there is new
evidence to be considered by the WMSC. An allegation is not evidence.

Bob Dubery

Sep 7, 2007, 12:42:55 PM9/7/07
On Sep 7, 5:48 pm, "Bigbird" <bigbird.use...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bob Dubery wrote:

> > Whatever, the FIA are aware of this allegation (and that is the exact
> > word that Moseley has used) and, quite rightly IMO, are taking steps
> > to establish whether or not there is any substance to the allegation.
>
> Directly related or not, and appearances are that it is, there is new
> evidence to be considered by the WMSC. An allegation is not evidence.

Nobody's said it is. The letter from Moseley is quite clear about
this: "In the interests of the sport and the Championship, it is
important that the FIA, as the regulator, established unequivocally
and rapidly whether this allegation has any basis in fact."

There is a sizzle. Is there any steak? THAT is what next week's
hearing is going to be about.

Bigbird

Sep 7, 2007, 12:48:06 PM9/7/07
Bob Dubery wrote:

Following the receipt of new evidence the World Motor Sport Council has
been reconvened for a hearing in Paris on September 13th.

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Releases/FIA_Sport/2007/September/0
50907-01.html

Bob Dubery

Sep 8, 2007, 12:34:46 AM9/8/07
On Sep 7, 4:58 pm, Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demun...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

> They are shut up - for me. About 80% of posts are filtered
> by my killfile. (Not as bad as alt.lang.asm where sometime
> I'm told there are 100 new messages at the server, and when
> I load the group there are only 2 shown!). I could have
> sworn JP was also in the KF, but I did have KF truncation
> problems a while back, maybe he got rescued by such a snip.

And is somebody now using a cancelbot? I post and read using google
groups, and in some cases there is an indication that a reply has been
made to a post of mine, but the actual reply can't be read.

Usually it's from 'noone', so I doubt it's anything that actually
contains information.

> It's a shame seeing the sensible posters here, of which there
> are many, spending such a large proportion of their time
> having futile arguments with idiots who are so clue-resistent
> that they'd remain clue-free even if dampened and then dunked
> in a tank of high density powdered clues.

I take that point. But there are cases of deliberate distortions, and
those should be pointed out as a matter of record.

a_Frank

Sep 8, 2007, 4:06:41 AM9/8/07
On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 04:34:46 -0000, Bob Dubery <mega...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sep 7, 4:58 pm, Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demun...@yahoo.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>> They are shut up - for me. About 80% of posts are filtered
>> by my killfile. (Not as bad as alt.lang.asm where sometime
>> I'm told there are 100 new messages at the server, and when
>> I load the group there are only 2 shown!). I could have
>> sworn JP was also in the KF, but I did have KF truncation
>> problems a while back, maybe he got rescued by such a snip.
>
>And is somebody now using a cancelbot? I post and read using google
>groups, and in some cases there is an indication that a reply has been
>made to a post of mine, but the actual reply can't be read.
>
>Usually it's from 'noone', so I doubt it's anything that actually
>contains information.

Brian being a paranoid and in fear of the black choppers and SUVs
circling his house, always posts with x-noarchive set. And fair enough
too, you just never know when you might make a sly comment about
Dubya's shoes in the land of the free.
So perhaps Google doesn't keep the posts long enough ?
You should get a proper news reader.

>> It's a shame seeing the sensible posters here, of which there
>> are many, spending such a large proportion of their time
>> having futile arguments with idiots who are so clue-resistent
>> that they'd remain clue-free even if dampened and then dunked
>> in a tank of high density powdered clues.
>I take that point. But there are cases of deliberate distortions, and
>those should be pointed out as a matter of record.

I think most of us who do, do so to kill time too. It's either that or
a game of Pac-Man and you know, once you get to level 12346, that game
loses it's charm.

--

Regards, Frank

Phil Carmody

Sep 8, 2007, 6:56:28 AM9/8/07
Bob Dubery <mega...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sep 7, 4:58 pm, Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demun...@yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > They are shut up - for me. About 80% of posts are filtered
> > by my killfile. (Not as bad as alt.lang.asm where sometime
> > I'm told there are 100 new messages at the server, and when
> > I load the group there are only 2 shown!). I could have
> > sworn JP was also in the KF, but I did have KF truncation
> > problems a while back, maybe he got rescued by such a snip.
>
> And is somebody now using a cancelbot? I post and read using google
> groups, and in some cases there is an indication that a reply has been
> made to a post of mine, but the actual reply can't be read.

Ockham's razor leads me to one simple conclusion - blame google
groups.

Google groups sucks. If you don't believe me, search for "google
groups sucks" (in quotes) on google groups (and no, it's not
people's opinions of google groups sucking that are important to
my point, but it's a phrase I know demonstrates how much google
groups sucks).

I get 953 hits. Change the sort order, nothing more, to "Sort
by date", and you'll get 1,010 hits. Where did the 57 new hits
come from?

Now click on the 3nd page of results. You should be expecting
hits 21-30 out of 1010, no? However, instead you'll get 21-22
of 22 hits. Whither have the other 988 hits gone?

In google groups maths, 953 equals 1010 equals 22. That sucks.
Of course, the numbers may well have changed to other random
values since posting this.

> Usually it's from 'noone', so I doubt it's anything that actually
> contains information.

No issue there. My server honours cancels, and I can access
them if I want to, so I don't believe there's anything nefarious
going on, it's just another example of how much google groups sucks.

Bob Dubery

Sep 9, 2007, 12:38:13 AM9/9/07
On Sep 8, 10:06 am, a_Frank <f...@notthis.optushome.com.au> wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 04:34:46 -0000, Bob Dubery <megap...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> Brian being a paranoid and in fear of the black choppers and SUVs
> circling his house, always posts with x-noarchive set. And fair enough
> too, you just never know when you might make a sly comment about
> Dubya's shoes in the land of the free.
> So perhaps Google doesn't keep the posts long enough ?

Normally posts flagged in this way are viewable for 5 days - or I'd
never get to notice a thing he wrote. But recently I can see that he
has made a post - sometimes just hours ago - but I can't read it.

My own belief is that he uses the x-noarchive so that nobody can use
google groups to dig up some piece of crap he wrote a while back and
throw it in his face. I would if I were him.

> You should get a proper news reader.

I should. It's a laziness issue more than anything.