Alonso's poor time

Shevek

Mar 18, 2006, 5:46:32 AM3/18/06
As you know, Alonso has made a relatively poor time in the qualifying
sessions (8th time, 7th in the grid). When asked by the Spanish
television, Alonso explained that it seems that after the second session
the team was not sure if they have already refueled so they refueled
again. So, the car had twice the expected fuel and was a lot slower.

This fuckup means that they have now to change the strategy for the
race, and perhaps he should make only one stop, as the tank is full.

--
Shevek

CatharticF1

Mar 18, 2006, 6:22:02 AM3/18/06
Shevek wrote in news:4826kfF...@individual.net:

> .. Alonso explained that it seems that after the second session

> the team was not sure if they have already refueled so they refueled
> again.

That sounds suspiciously unlikely to me.

--
CatharticF1

'What you thought was freedom is just greed'

M S

Mar 18, 2006, 6:30:23 AM3/18/06
>> .. Alonso explained that it seems that after the second session
>> the team was not sure if they have already refueled so they refueled
>> again.
>
> That sounds suspiciously unlikely to me.

formula1.com quoted him saying "...we had a problem with the fuel rig...",
that can mean too little/too much fuel.
But then, too little, that could be solved by refuelling many times :-))

--
Matt Spych (Poland)

If you want to e-mail me click below:
http://cerbermail.com/?Y7fHuj9gyI

Richard Miller

Mar 18, 2006, 6:46:18 AM3/18/06
In message <dvgr0d$pfo$1...@inews.gazeta.pl>, M S <sp...@not.ok> writes

>>> .. Alonso explained that it seems that after the second session
>>> the team was not sure if they have already refueled so they refueled
>>> again.
>>
>> That sounds suspiciously unlikely to me.
>
>formula1.com quoted him saying "...we had a problem with the fuel
>rig...", that can mean too little/too much fuel.
>But then, too little, that could be solved by refuelling many times :-))

And if unsure, it would probably be better to risk being heavier and
have to switch to one stop than to qualify on fumes and have to refuel
in the first couple of laps.
--
Richard Miller

Bigbird

Mar 18, 2006, 6:51:51 AM3/18/06

CatharticF1 wrote:
> Shevek wrote in news:4826kfF...@individual.net:
>
> > .. Alonso explained that it seems that after the second session
> > the team was not sure if they have already refueled so they refueled
> > again.
>
> That sounds suspiciously unlikely to me.

...but would you think that if it were Fisi's rig they had the problem with.

Phil Carmody

Mar 18, 2006, 6:57:58 AM3/18/06
Shevek <shev...@gmail.com> writes:

Is there any rule against him doing doughnuts for 5 minutes in
a run-off area during his coming-in lap, in order to lighten his
load?

Phil
--
What is it: is man only a blunder of God, or God only a blunder of man?
-- Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900), The Twilight of the Gods

CatharticF1

Mar 18, 2006, 7:02:12 AM3/18/06
Bigbird wrote in news:482ainF...@individual.net:

Just seems odd.. How could nobody in the team know? We're not talking about
just one person sneaking up to the car with a fuel churn.

"Hey - does anyone here remember putting fuel into Fred's car...?"

;-7

Benoit De Groote

Mar 18, 2006, 7:15:23 AM3/18/06
Yes.

You need decent laps...within 110% I think of your fastest one. So doing a
couple of doughnuts is not possible.

B.

"Phil Carmody" <thefatphi...@yahoo.co.uk> schreef in bericht

Shevek

Mar 18, 2006, 7:32:49 AM3/18/06
CatharticF1 escribió:

According to Alonso, the problem was with the computers, that didn't
reflect the previous load.

--
Shevek

Da Frank

Mar 18, 2006, 7:40:44 AM3/18/06

Will Gates ever make a decent OS ? Mind you, maybe Alonso clicked on
the wrong Snoopy dog.. ;-)

--

Regards, Frank

Bigbird

Mar 18, 2006, 8:15:22 AM3/18/06

Oh I completely agree it seems to stupid for words.

Phil Carmody

Mar 18, 2006, 8:30:24 AM3/18/06
"Benoit De Groote" <benoitdegr...@telenet.be> writes:
> Yes.

No.

Don't top post, it makes you look like you're gibbering to yourself.

Putting back in logical order:

> "Phil Carmody" <thefatphi...@yahoo.co.uk> schreef in bericht

> > Is there any rule against him doing doughnuts for 5 minutes in
> > a run-off area during his coming-in lap, in order to lighten his
> > load?

To which you replied:

> You need decent laps...within 110% I think of your fastest one. So doing a
> couple of doughnuts is not possible.

You need decent laps to get _refilled_. If you do doughnuts, you'll
both lose fuel and not get it refilled. Thus start with an emptier
tank.

Message has been deleted