NASCAR on a 486/33SX?

R.J.E. Mundell CMP UG

Dec 7, 1994, 5:09:08 AM12/7/94

I have a 486/33SX. It's reasonably fast for Indycar (as long as I don't
use road or grass texturing). Is it worth buying NASCAR for my compy?
Will it run at a decent speed without putting the graphics into CGA mode :}?

Richard Mundell

_/_/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/ _/_/ Richard J. E. Mundell
_/ _/ _/ _/_/ _/
_/_/ _/ _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/ r.mu...@uea.ac.uk
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/
_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/ _/ _/ http://www.sys.uea.ac.uk/~u9427082

Gary W. Mahan

Dec 7, 1994, 3:30:03 PM12/7/94
>I have a 486/33SX. It's reasonably fast for Indycar (as long as I don't
>use road or grass texturing). Is it worth buying NASCAR for my compy?
>Will it run at a decent speed without putting the graphics into CGA mode :}?

The only way I can get my 486/33 to run in 640x480 at an acceptable rate is
to have all details off and run with FM sound (-f option). Also have to
run with the minimum number of cars. With all this it is ok. Not very useful though.

I have resorted to lower-res 320x200 with FM sound. I can run with
15 cars with a very good screen rate. I have almost all details off
except for horizon and car colors (graphics).

While I would love the digital sound and 640x480 graphics, I was more
interested in NASCAR for the fun of running in a pack of cars and
banging each other up (ahh I mean rubbing). ALthough I love Indycar,
I like the way damage was modeled in NASCAR.