BIRTH CERT!!!

Allan Williams

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99
(MS outlook express SUCKS the big one... I'll write this AGAIN now...)

I GOT MINE!!!

Hilda_mary was Born on the 5th of August 1958, and delivered on the 8th to
Singapore (Hi Alvin!). It was painted Diamond Grey (WooooHooo, I love that
colour!!!)...

YAY!

I sent my request over 8 months ago, so hold on in there people!!!

--
Allan Williams
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9040/

3 things you need to know:
Laughing gas from the dentist can make you do things you normally
wouldn't.
Cops don't have a sense of humor.
Handcuffs hurt.

Jan Andersson

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99

Allan Williams wrote:

> (MS outlook express SUCKS the big one... I'll write this AGAIN now...)
>
> I GOT MINE!!!
>
> Hilda_mary was Born on the 5th of August 1958, and delivered on the 8th to
> Singapore (Hi Alvin!). It was painted Diamond Grey (WooooHooo, I love that
> colour!!!)...
>
> YAY!
>
> I sent my request over 8 months ago, so hold on in there people!!!

Did you send it online or by regular mail wit cash inside the
envelope..?

Jan

John Henry

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99
to Allan Williams
Did you sent by e-mail, or paper mail (your request)???

Allan Williams wrote:

> (MS outlook express SUCKS the big one... I'll write this AGAIN now...)
>
> I GOT MINE!!!
>
> Hilda_mary was Born on the 5th of August 1958, and delivered on the 8th to
> Singapore (Hi Alvin!). It was painted Diamond Grey (WooooHooo, I love that
> colour!!!)...
>
> YAY!
>
> I sent my request over 8 months ago, so hold on in there people!!!
>

> --
> Allan Williams
> http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9040/
>
> 3 things you need to know:
> Laughing gas from the dentist can make you do things you normally
> wouldn't.
> Cops don't have a sense of humor.
> Handcuffs hurt.

John Henry
---------------
Visit the "BugShop" at http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4000

"The opinions expressed herein are not necessarily those of my employer,
not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary."

WinterCom

Jul 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/13/99
And when?

Morgan in AZ

Allan Williams

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
Hehehe... that was in my original note I typed before Bill gates decided I
wasn't good enough for windows 95.

I sent it in online, at that site with ploon in the url - I have it
somewhere... but I'd have to find it :-)

Jan Andersson wrote in message <378B1B5F...@sonera.fi>...

>Allan Williams wrote:
>>
>> (MS outlook express SUCKS the big one... I'll write this AGAIN now...)
>>
>> I GOT MINE!!!
>>
>> Hilda_mary was Born on the 5th of August 1958, and delivered on the 8th
>> Singapore (Hi Alvin!). It was painted Diamond Grey (WooooHooo, I love
that
>> colour!!!)...
>>
>> YAY!
>>
>> I sent my request over 8 months ago, so hold on in there people!!!

Allan Williams

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
err, over 8 months. I'm not sure really. I'd given up hope.

They even apologized for the delay - how polite.

It's not highly detailed, but it has the chassis number (that I gave them),
model (114), engine (470 229) color (Diamondgrey), Production Date (5th
August 1958), delivery date (8th August 1958), delivered to (Singapore).

WinterCom wrote in message <19990713114356...@ng-fl1.aol.com>...
>And when?
>
>Morgan in AZ

DrKartz

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
What do you need to send for the info and where how do you send it?
I would like to know about my bug's birthday.

David
67 Bug

Mr. Fweem

Jul 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/14/99
David wrote:

><HTML><PRE>Subject: Re: BIRTH CERT!!!
>From: drk...@aol.com (DrKartz)
>Date: Wed, 14 July 1999 10:25 AM EDT

Go to the Technical section on page one of my ACVW links page and click on the
link for VW Birth Certificate. A tip. You can get it over the net, but it has
been very slow getting it that way. If you send, I think it is $6 to
Wolfsburg, it will arrive much quicker. The address is at the site. Links page
at http://members.aol.com/vw67fweems/index.html

Bill Berckman
67 Beetle

Alvin NG Boon Kim

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99
to Allan Williams
Hello!

Allan Williams wrote:

> I GOT MINE!!!

Now, you've got me going! I'm going to send in a request for Smurfette's
too! Did you send via e-mail or did you send money in an envelope? It is to
Wolfsburg, right? 10 DM, I think...

> Hilda_mary was Born on the 5th of August 1958, and delivered on the 8th to
> Singapore (Hi Alvin!).

Way cool! Now I know where all our 58s disappeared to! We only have 2 of
them left. A standard that has been turned into Herbie (yea... colors and all)
and a ....hang in there... a ragtop! This is the only real ragtop in
Singapore. (And someday, it's going to be mine! (Mummy, I promise to study
hard...) There is one other one, but I heard that someone put it there.

Hey... any idea how she got to Australia? (sure hope she didn't swim
over!) It would be interesting to trace her history, huh? I might even be able
to find out her original registration numbers for you! Or some pictures the
owner might have taken... or I could seek him out! (but probably the 'lil Bug
outlived him)

> It was painted Diamond Grey (WooooHooo, I love that colour!!!)...

Yummy! Smurfette was pastal white, I think... I'm really going have to get
this certificate thingie... Does it also give a list of M-codes?

> YAY!
>
> I sent my request over 8 months ago, so hold on in there people!!!

If it's not too much trouble, Allan, can you send me details on the
procedure, eg, address and how much to pay and stuff. Thanks!

Alvin
--
___
/___\ My Smurfette

Peter and Dana Rohde

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99
On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:54:48 +0800, Alvin NG Boon Kim
<alv...@email.com> wrote:

> If it's not too much trouble, Allan, can you send me details on the
>procedure, eg, address and how much to pay and stuff. Thanks!
>
>Alvin
>--
> ___
> /___\ My Smurfette
> (o\ | /o) is a '70 Beetle.
> U-----U Boy, does she Fweem!

I want the info on the Birth Certificate too!!!!! It sounds kewl!

Dana
My '74 Bug
My '86 Jetta GL
His '99 TJ Jeep

Allan Williams

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99
Go to that site that bill suggested in one of the other posts... I did it by
E-Mail.

Err... I'm in New Zealand BTW... kinda close to Australia (it's called the
West Island - the other two biguns are the North and South)

If you could find any stuff that would be SOOOOO cool!!!. It actually had a
small tag on the dash the said:

HIN CO. LTD.
31a BRICK KILN RD.
PENANG
ph xx xxx (I forgot the number - but the plaque is somewhere)

Hmmm... I'm really excited. How would you find that type of thing?

I think you get more info if you pay.

Hmmm I wonder if they are going through the microfiches and recording ALL
the info on them, and they just got to mine??? The letter said they had
professionals reading the VERY fragile files... maybe you have to wait for
your number to come up. (later models might be faster to get???)

Well... I'm all rarked up to get her done up now... but it will be YEARS
away yet... I will need lots of MONEY...

Hmmm...

Thanks

Allan :-)
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9040/

3 things you need to know:
Laughing gas from the dentist can make you do things you normally
wouldn't.
Cops don't have a sense of humor.
Handcuffs hurt.

G.W. East

Jul 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/15/99
I'm pissed, I sent mine in via e-mail just over a year ago. Got the e-mail
they were too busy last October and would process it ASAP. Maybe it will
come someday after all, at least your message is encouraging that hey are
still working on getting them out.
--
Till the Next Time,
George East

Allan Williams <allanw...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Stiff

Jul 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/26/99
Sorry-It doesn't look like you can get a birth certificate. I emailed my
request in about 6 months ago-and I just got a letter in the mail that said they
are unable to get the info anymore because the microfiche are too old and
fragile. I guess people that mailed in thier requests are getting the same
results.

Trevor
'71 Ghia Coupe