TNT Frame stiffener install report

Carl S

Oct 29, 2007, 1:50:05 AM10/29/07
Got the TnT Frame stiffeners installed on my XJ this weekend. What an
ordeal. Be prepared for a lot of grinding if you are going to put these on.
Keep in mind that they aren't drilled out for the parking brake mount on my
'00, which bolts to the bottom of the driver's side frame. A few turns of a
drill and problem solved before welding. Hours and hours and hours of
welding. Lots of wire.

Went wheeling today, definately a noticeable improvement on and off road
with the ride and chassis stiffness. I think it actually rides better now.
Rig feels a lot more solid. As a test, I jacked it up just behind the front
LCA mount, as high as 24" jack would go, plus two 2x4's (27"). Lifted the
rear tire off the ground and nearly the front (swaybar disconneted). That's
a good stiff frame!

Pics will follow.

Carl