Accord 98 V6 265k sudden gas fuel odors. EVAP?

Meatman

Aug 24, 2011, 4:01:45 AM8/24/11
1998 Accord EX V6 w/ 265k. No priors on this issue. Very sudden for
about a week now. Not overwhelming. Nothing 'visible' in engine
compartment (such as a fuel leak 'stain'). Nothing on ground under
car. No odor when going out in morning/cold start, etc. Odor
presents to me after parking/idling and exiting the car. Also
noticeable when backing down a driveway with door open to see where
I'm going. I do have the basic and V6 Helms on this car. I see the
components, etc. What are my likely culprits to address/inspect first
with regards to the vapors. Canister forward of Driver Rear Wheel?
Thanks, dudes!

Tegger

Aug 24, 2011, 8:47:22 AM8/24/11
Meatman <Kevin...@comcast.net> wrote in news:572c8b84-cfc6-472a-9417-
7d7ca9...@g9g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

Fuel return line is rusted-out. That should be just inboard of the driver's
rear wheel, covered by a plastic shield.

--
Tegger