"not sure what he'll do with the old one"

jim beam

Oct 24, 2011, 11:10:04 AM10/24/11
http://news.yahoo.com/maine-mans-car-goes-1-million-miles-121712831.html

keep it and sell the new one.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum

Tegger

Oct 24, 2011, 7:04:51 PM10/24/11
jim beam <m...@privacy.net> wrote in news:j83v4a$rt6$1...@speranza.aioe.org:
When Toyota received notice that one of their vehicles was nearing the
million-mile mark (a "service vehicle" operated by a California business),
the woman in charge warned the owners NOT to allow the odometer to go all-
zeros. She said the owners should call her when it hit 999,999, and Toyota
would pick up the vehicle with a flatbed, wherever it was. And this they
did, with 999,999 showing on the odometer.

The business was given a new vehicle to replace the old, and the old is
supposedly now in the Toyota museum in Long Beach. That's what I read.
Anybody near Long Beach who wants to check that out?

And all I've got is 374,000 on the 'Teg. No free Honda for me. :^(

--
Tegger

GrumpyOne

Oct 30, 2011, 10:07:05 PM10/30/11
It certainly would be an assembleage of rust by that time...

<G>

JT