Door guard to prevent dings/dents on Honda?

Neil Jones

Jun 21, 2010, 2:19:04 PM6/21/10

I bought a 2009 Honda Civic coupe. The 2 doors are big as in all
coupes. However, this Honda does not have any side protection to prevent
dents/dings from my car or others in a parking lot. Do they sell any
such protection guards online? Are they easy to install it by myself?

Thank you for any info and advise.

NJ

Shaun

Jun 21, 2010, 2:45:00 PM6/21/10

I've never had much luck with body side molding doing any good.

The door shapes, configurations, vehicle types/heights and how far into
the adjacent parking space they pull is so variable that no matter where
my side molding was, the self-centered sumbitch next to me dinged me.

Jun 21, 2010, 7:42:42 PM6/21/10

Find a parking lot where wheels are parallel to the road. Bumpers will
protect yours from other cars. I see no other solution.

Dillon Pyron

Jul 1, 2010, 4:25:53 PM7/1/10
Thus spake W <W...@yahoo.com> :

You've never seen my wife parallel park. Door dings I can live with.
Headlights, marker lights, tail liights, bumper covers. Ouch!!!
--

- dillon I am not invalid

Toby (Tri-Umph That's the Sweet Truth)
March 1998 - June 2010
What a dog. What a dog!

Jul 5, 2010, 3:16:10 PM7/5/10

To file for divorce seems an acceptable option in this case.

Tony Harding

Aug 5, 2010, 6:02:20 AM8/5/10

You mean your car floats (or the parking lot's vertical)?