2006 Honda Civic - Door Lock Problems

David E. Powell

Jul 5, 2011, 11:08:53 PM7/5/11
A week ago, the doorlock clicked but did not open when a key was
inserted. It also jammed when the button was tried. I managed to get
it open, get it to the dealer, and get the lock internals replaced.

Got it home, after a couple days and maybe two car rides two and fro,
put the key in the door and click, it did it again with the new lock.

To get in I have to hit the button and pull the door handle quick
because it relocks almost instantly. Both doors relock, so I can't use
either unless I am quick. Key is useless anf just jams inside the
lock, I was lucky to get it out the first time I tried.

Is this a common issue? The replacement didn't even last a week! I
keep in shape but I'm not a pro Footballer or WWE Champion! I'm being
gentle! What gives?

Looks like I'll be going in again. Most visible internals were white
plastic, are the replacement units weaker than the original ones?

David E. Powell

Jul 14, 2011, 1:27:34 AM7/14/11
They found the problem. The cylinder was jammed at an angle and caused
the mechanism to think it was locked. So the lock would relock on both
doors.

This persisted after an initial replacement of a jammed internal
mechanical part which had caused a worse jam. When that was done the
tendency to relock returned but the door could be opened if one moved
quickly before it relocked. (There was a momentary "window" one could
use.)

With the cylinder now also replaced all is good.

David

On Jul 5, 11:08 pm, "David E. Powell" <David_Powell3...@msn.com>